PlayStation Network 10 for 2010 Sale

bue

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5198]8146[/IMG-R]The Playstation Blog brings news of many 50% deals to be had in the Playstation Network store which end on Wednesday, Jan 27th. Amazon has some of the deals on their online store too.

:ps3: Critter Crunch $3.49
:ps3: Burn Zombie Burn $4.99
:ps3: Braid $7.49
:ps3: Tank Battles $3.49
:ps3: Uno $3.99
:ps3: Gravity Crash $4.99
:ps3: ZEN Pinball $4.99
:psp: Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament $14.99
:psp: Kurulin Fusion $2.49
:psp: Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign $4.99
:psp: Crystal Defenders PSP $4.99
:psp: Creature Defense $3.99
:psp: Thexder Neo $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully Amazon will match Zen Pinball, since I have plenty of credit there. Just picked up Tank Battles, figured why not for $3.49 (especially when it's free with my credit)? Looks pretty fun.

All this positive praise about CC in this thread got me curious about the game, and I bought it. One of the best $3.50 ever, IMO!

I tried the Critter Crush demo and while it was fun, I just don't think I'll ever play it after a few times (like Super Stardust HD). I wish Crystal Defenders was on sale for the PS3, I'd get that.

Hopefully Trine goes on sale soon. I'd probably bite at $15 but $10 would golden... but that's probably not gonna happen for a while.

[quote name='Vinny']I tried the Critter Crush demo and while it was fun, I just don't think I'll ever play it after a few times (like Super Stardust HD).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't quite get the "you must own this game" love for it either. There are plenty of free games on the internet that are just as good as CC (at least the demo I played).

Bought Critter Crunch from Amazon, and then bought Crystal Defenders and Zen Pinball off PSN (and Numblast, but that's not part of the sale). Debating on Braid but I doubt I'll get it. Never was too impressed by it. Already have Uno on Xbox, and Steambot Chronicles on UMD as well. Thinking about getting Savage moon since I liked Savage Moon on PS3 better than PixelJunk, and thinking of getting Creature Defense cause it's a tower/card game, but no idea how it is.

So far, played only Zen Pinball for about 20 min, and it's pretty fun.

Got Tank Battles, was thinking about Braid, but I probably don't have time to play it right now anyways (and I would like it to have more replay value). I'm not a big puzzle gamer, so going to skip Critter Crunch despite the good reviews.

Tank Battles is really fun though. Simple, but pure fun.

getting tank battles. the wife and i friggin love the tank game on wii play (or whichever one it's on). think i'll grab cc as well.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, I don't quite get the "you must own this game" love for it either. There are plenty of free games on the internet that are just as good as CC (at least the demo I played).[/QUOTE]

Really? Point me to a single free game that has the same attention to detail and high quality graphics as CC. Maybe I'm missing something.

I skipped a few pages of this thread...but does everyone have BRAID already????

No love for that?

(Oh, and I'm in for CC also ;))

picked up Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign so far for my PSP. A fun tower defense style game that adds in strategy and is rather challenging.

I had $20 in PSN credit on Amazon so I picked up Braid and CC. Thinking about getting Tank Battles as well.

Got Braid f/ Amazon. Went back to the PS3 took forever to download, then OF COURSE I got version 1.00 and needed .01 and it had to redownload itself again. Took about an hour total to get the game.

Great deal but the PSN is so slow :)

i really wish they had demos of all their psn games. i did end up picking burn zombies burn after watching gameplay on youtube. it's hella fun to play. well worth the 4.99...i was wondering though, since this was my first time buying any psn games, i have 15.01 left. what happens to the .01? anything on sale for a penny?

[quote name='vanlandw']Got Braid f/ Amazon. Went back to the PS3 took forever to download, then OF COURSE I got version 1.00 and needed .01 and it had to redownload itself again. Took about an hour total to get the game.

Great deal but the PSN is so slow :)[/QUOTE]
ONe of my biggest gripes about PSN is their friggin update system for games. When you purchase a game they should give you the latest copy of it rather than forcing you to DL the original and then 3-4 more updates after that.

Try downloading Pain today and see what you go through.

I bought Critter Crunch and Braid yesterday. Critter Crunch was well worth the price. Very fun, stylish puzzle game with lots of replay value via co-op or online. Worth way more than $3.50. I am not sure if Braid is worth the $7.50. The levels are ridiculously tough. Have only managed to complete all the puzzles in World 2 so far, even though I've gone through all 6 worlds, and not sure if I can manage to figure out the rest. There doesn't seem to be much replay value once you solve the puzzles. In hindsight, I probably would have preferred to pay $3.50 for it had I known how it was like.

[quote name='gmonski']Is there a particular reason to get these games from Amazon rather than PSN. Does PSN charge taxes?[/QUOTE]Heh, I see it the opposite. I have to pay taxes on Amazon so I prefer to get games directly from PSN with no taxes.

Critter Crunch seems to have developed a sort of cult following... you can't disagree with these people and say you don't enjoy it, you're wrong they're right and it's impossible to dislike it or something :roll:

It takes a few elements from a few similar games and improves on them... adds a nice story and some pretty graphics. And although it does this very well, I still don't see it as anything as revolutionary as these guys are making it out to be.

But, that said I'm having lots of fun with this game, love the sound effects. The music has that awesome tropical feel to it... It's a beautiful game and I find the concept to be hilarious. Well worth the $6.99 and especially the $3.49 :bouncy:

Just finished worlds 2 & 3 of Braid. I'm really loving it, but at the same time, given the apparent length and non-replayability of the game, $15 would have been hard to swallow.

I played through the Critter Crunch demo twice. It's a really nice implementation, and definitely gorgeous, and if I really wanted an abstract puzzle game like that then I'd be pleased to pay $3.50 for it. But as someone who generally likes puzzle games, I don't see anything about its gameplay that really galvanizes me and demands I purchase it.

bought tank battle last night probably get zen pinball tonight. i only buy psn games during these sales, good thing that sony has them so often. i grabbed crash commando last summer for half price and stilll play it, that game rules.

Zen Pinball is really fun for the price. If you're into pinball at all, I'd highly recommend it. It's the only thing I've really touched out of this sale so far.

[quote name='lllGurulll']ONe of my biggest gripes about PSN is their friggin update system for games. When you purchase a game they should give you the latest copy of it rather than forcing you to DL the original and then 3-4 more updates after that.

Try downloading Pain today and see what you go through.[/QUOTE]

I'll wager a guess, you go through pain?

[quote name='Not Pennys Boat']Critter Crunch seems to have developed a sort of cult following... you can't disagree with these people and say you don't enjoy it, you're wrong they're right and it's impossible to dislike it or something :roll:

It takes a few elements from a few similar games and improves on them... adds a nice story and some pretty graphics. And although it does this very well, I still don't see it as anything as revolutionary as these guys are making it out to be.

But, that said I'm having lots of fun with this game, love the sound effects. The music has that awesome tropical feel to it... It's a beautiful game and I find the concept to be hilarious. Well worth the $6.99 and especially the $3.49 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You're disagreeing with everyone who likes it because you... like it too?

Look, it's okay to enjoy something that's popular. You don't have to try to distance yourself from the other fans. Nobody's going to take your 'cred' away.

[quote name='eastx']You're disagreeing with everyone who likes it because you... like it too?

Look, it's okay to like something that's popular. You don't have to try to distance yourself from the other fans. Nobody's going to take your 'cred' away.[/QUOTE]

I am. I am also one of those fans who is enjoying the game. Then again I didn't have any 'cred' to begin with.

[quote name='Not Pennys Boat']Critter Crunch seems to have developed a sort of cult following... you can't disagree with these people and say you don't enjoy it, you're wrong they're right and it's impossible to dislike it or something :roll:

But, that said I'm having lots of fun with this game, love the sound effects. The music has that awesome tropical feel to it... It's a beautiful game and I find the concept to be hilarious. Well worth the $6.99 and especially the $3.49 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've seen anyone say it's revolutionary. It's a great game, which you yourself agree to, so I don't see what you're complainin about.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't think I've seen anyone say it's revolutionary. It's a great game, which you yourself agree to, so I don't see what you're complainin about.[/QUOTE]

People are blowing it out of proportion with the praises.

It's a good game, especially for the price, but it's not "astounding" as many would claim in this frenzy.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Heh, I see it the opposite. I have to pay taxes on Amazon so I prefer to get games directly from PSN with no taxes.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa, wtf are you doing here?

[quote name='tenchim86']Change your state on your PS3 and avoid taxes.[/QUOTE]

In NY I have to pay tax. What state(s) don't pay tax? That is a great idea

[quote name='BuckinKaeding']Whoa whoa whoa, wtf are you doing here?[/QUOTE]
I've been here for awhile now dimwit. Hey, how are the bolts doing this year?

Does anybody know if the Amazon PSN credit received from the Best Buy Cyber Monday Deal Match has to be used all at once? I got a $20 promotional credit when I purchased God of War Collection on PS3, and I want to know whether or not I can spend $11.00 now on Critter Crunch and Braid while saving the rest until another PSN Deal or the expiration on 3/31/10 (whichever comes first). If not, I'll go ahead and burn up all of it, but I was curious. Thank you in advance. ^^

[quote name='chelosera91']Gay, Battle Tanks its "out of stock"[/QUOTE]

Can't you also buy this from the PSN store directly queer?

Sorry, I thought we were just tossing homophobic slurs out there...

[quote name='ZForce915']Can't you also buy this from the PSN store directly queer?

Sorry, I thought we were just tossing homophobic slurs out there...[/QUOTE]
fuck $$$, jk jk. It's because I have $20 credit on Amazon....:roll:

bread's done
Back