PlayStation Network 10 for 2010 Sale

bue

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5198]8146[/IMG-R]The Playstation Blog brings news of many 50% deals to be had in the Playstation Network store which end on Wednesday, Jan 27th. Amazon has some of the deals on their online store too.

:ps3: Critter Crunch $3.49
:ps3: Burn Zombie Burn $4.99
:ps3: Braid $7.49
:ps3: Tank Battles $3.49
:ps3: Uno $3.99
:ps3: Gravity Crash $4.99
:ps3: ZEN Pinball $4.99
:psp: Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament $14.99
:psp: Kurulin Fusion $2.49
:psp: Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign $4.99
:psp: Crystal Defenders PSP $4.99
:psp: Creature Defense $3.99
:psp: Thexder Neo $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jling84']I'll be picking up Braid and Critter Crunch.[/QUOTE]
In for the same. I was up until 3am last night playing, work is treating me pretty rough today ... good thing it is Friday :)

I already own the other 3 games (not sure about the tank game yet). I personally like BZB, and still am playing it. I got it for 5 bucks a while back and was worth it at that price. It is an arcade shooter, and you get to set zombies on fire and blow them up. It is fun, not deep, but still fun to try to get high scores and unlocks. I also think new content will be coming out for this game, it is a featured location in Home as well.

The music in Gravity Crash is pure awesome, and is worth the 5 dollars. If you liked Shooter, Gravity Crash is basically the same game, but with better music, a level creator, and it is more difficult. Shooter was too easy, I thought, I had it totally beaten in a couple days.

Zen Pinball is alright, I would say it is worth 5 bucks, but no more than that. It just isn't as good as the real thing, but fun from time to time. And Braid and CC are worth the money spent, for sure.

[quote name='mikeja72']It's nice to want things...but let's be realistic :)

Like hoping Amazon gets around to matching this sale completely would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I was being realistic. Unless it's something I truly wanted to try out and I had some cheap credit I could buy a PSN card with, I'm going to stick to the games which are already proven(Gauntlet, MK II)and skip taking a chance on something being good for $5 even.

But for $1 I'll try anything.:D

I was looking at getting Critter Crunch anyway, glad I didn't buy it before. So I bought that yesterday, will probably get ZEN pinball (I like Pinball FX, same people), and Gravity Crash. Maybe Tank Battles, but I'm not sure. It's so cheap I might as well.

I just watched a video on YouTube of Tank Battles in action on PS3.

Tank Battles is no more than a 3/4 above view re-imagining of Combat from the Atari 2600 with destructible walls but the same basic gameplay.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Yea, it's not listed as a mini so it shouldn't work on a PS3. I think it's only a matter of time before we're allowed to play all downloadable psp titles on PS3, though.[/QUOTE]
See, THAT would actually make a PSP go somewhat relevant. I'd definitely be able to justify buying non-UMD releases just for that feature.

Wow, if you haven't played Braid yet, you'd be an absolute fool not to pick it up at this price. One of the best games I've ever played.

[quote name='abhinav']Buy Braid for the PS3 or wait for a price drop on the 360? I am sitting on amazon wondering on what to do...[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you get it on the PS3?

Picked up CC. Already have BZB from a previous sale and highly recommend it.

[quote name='abhinav']Buy Braid for the PS3 or wait for a price drop on the 360? I am sitting on amazon wondering on what to do...[/QUOTE]
I don't think you will get Braid for a better price than this on a console. I think its normal cost is a bit overpriced at $15. I payed $2.50 for the pc version during the Steam holiday sale. $5 sale for consoles would have been great.

The problem with Braid is that once you have beaten it there is no motivation to go back and play it again since the whole point of the game is figuring out the puzzles.

I picked up critter crunch last night and I've played for a few hours. It not the greatest thing I've ever played but it is challenging. It's well worth the $3.50 price tag though

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Tank Battles is no more than a 3/4 above view re-imagining of Combat from the Atari 2600 with destructible walls but the same basic gameplay.[/QUOTE]
F---!!!

They matched it Amazon! Should've waited...

It's actually quite a fun game!

[quote name='gmonski']Is there a particular reason to get these games from Amazon rather than PSN. Does PSN charge taxes?[/QUOTE]

No, it's all the same as far as price. I just buy through Amazon because it's easier (and for XBLA because I definitely don't want to give Microsoft my CC number).

Picked up Braid, still have $12.50 in credit from the Amazon Christmas sale. I just realized Amazon doesn't sell some of the titles I might be interested in, like Mega Man 9, Prince of Persia Classic, Topatoi, numerous others. Does anyone know what PSN titles are expected to be released between now and 3/31, when the credit expires? If I'm not going to be able to spend the money on Catan or Explodemon!, I might want to take advantage of some of these other current sale prices.

Picked up Critter Crunch, Zen Pinball and the two add-on tables, Braid, and Tank Battles. Havent had time to try any of them yet. Thinking about Gravity Crash

Most I've ever spent on PSN in one day. LOL!

Picked up critter crunch and Braid. I already have zen pinball and let me warn some of you that that game is really hard(especially V12). Wish amazon would get metal gear portable ops already.

I picked up Braid. All the review sites thought it was the best thing since sliced bread when it came out on XBLA. After playing a few minutes last night I am not as impressed. Need more time with it though I am sure before passing final judgement. But for $7.50 I am sure I will get my monies worth.

[quote name='wrencrest']I picked up Braid. All the review sites thought it was the best thing since sliced bread when it came out on XBLA. After playing a few minutes last night I am not as impressed. Need more time with it though I am sure before passing final judgement. But for $7.50 I am sure I will get my monies worth.[/QUOTE]

You need to play it for more than a few minutes. Report back to us once it's twisted your mind into a pretzel. :D

You are right Mysterio, never judge a game too quickly, and I can tell it will get crazy. Guess I am just bored at work and dont want to do anything other than post crap here....

One week after I bought Zen Pinball at Amazon with my $20 credit, it's 50% off on PSN. Damn that Ninja Gaiden table. I'm such a sucker for NG stuff. The game is actually pretty good, $5 instead of $10 would make it super sweet.

As for Uno, I'm a big fan of it on the 360, current online ranking is 128 on LIVE. lol Tried the demo on PS3 but it is just way too slow in execution. Even at $3.99, it may not even be worth it unless you only have a PS3. If you have both systems, the 3 years old 360 version is still far superior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I own all 7 that are on sale now, I'll give my opinions for you all

UNO - The only game I didn't have, its been so long that I forget how to play it, but a friend is getting too, so I'll be able to practice before I jump into online matches, for 3.99, why not

Gravity Crash - Don't think its as good as Pixeljunk Shooter, but if you liked Solar Jetman back in the NES days, then 4.99 is a good buy. This may test someone's patience that doesn't remember the old school style of controls though.

Tank Battles - This game may be primitive, but its a load of fun, plus super cheap

Zen Pinball - I prefer Williams Pinball, but this is a steal for 4.99. Just be prepared for the ball to zoom around the screen

Braid - Good buy for the price, but be prepared that this has absolutely no replay value, and you'll probably be getting on youtube for guides because the later levels are just about impossible, I wish I didn't pay full price for it

Burn Zombie Burn - worth the 4.99 IMO, as long as you expect mostly Robotron-ish killing of zombies, fun for small blasts of time

Critter Crunch - if you enjoy puzzles games at all, this is a total steal. I thought it was underpriced at 6.99, let alone 3.49. Best game of the bunch IMO

I know it's not actually on sale, but Shatter for 7.99 is another good deal, IMO. These vector graphics games have really caught on and more times than not they are pretty darn good.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I know it's not actually on sale, but Shatter for 7.99 is another good deal, IMO. These vector graphics games have really caught on and more times than not they are pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]

Shatter rocks out with its wok out

I've been waiting for Shatter to get on sale. It has really good reviews and it looks like a lot of fun. It'll go on sale sooner or later

I bought Tank Battles after getting Critter Crunch the other day. I played the original Atari tank game endlessly when I was a kid so I figure $2.49 in free Amazon credits is worth it for the nostalgia factor alone ;).

I'm going to hold off and see if they add Zen Pinball to the Amazon side (since I still have nearly $10 left from that promotional credit). If not, though, I'll probably just grab it regular-like.

[quote name='puff1983']What are the chances that Fat Princess will be on sale again?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's ever been on sale. That means it's due. Probably be on sale in the spring. But they've been doing more frequent sales so it could be on sale sooner.

In for Critter Crunch and Braid... finally putting that $20 PSN credit from black friday-ish to use. Thanks OP!

[quote name='io']I bought Tank Battles after getting Critter Crunch the other day. I played the original Atari tank game endlessly when I was a kid so I figure $2.49 in free Amazon credits is worth it for the nostalgia factor alone ;).[/QUOTE]

I used to always cheat in Combat when I would play against my one friend. You could turn your tank around towards the back wall while holding the reset switch down and if you timed it right you could shoot through the wall and hit the other person's tank.:lol:

You could also use the same trick and have the shot go all the way through all of the walls in front of you and hit the tank on the other side that way as well.:D

I purchased Critter Crunch a few months ago, and I absolutely love it. I picked up Tank Battle's this time, since my Fiance likes the Wii version.

I'm still debating Braid and Gravity Crash, though.

Thanks to both OPs and everyone that put in their two cents regarding the games. I ended up getting all of the PS3 games. I figure 7 games for just over $30 is a steal. Minus the 10% I saved buying my PSN card at BB with the RZ coupon.

I almost bought a $20 PSN card today to get the Ninja Gaiden table for Zen Pinball and Pixel Junk Shooter. Looks like I'll be getting CC and Braid instead of PJ shooter.

I already have Tank Battle, and I don't really care much for the rest.

Is Critter Crunch complicated? Might get it for my sister.

I just beat Tank Battles ;).

(Single-player campaign is fairly short - apparently it took me between an hour and an hour and a half since I didn't get the 60 minutes or under trophy :cry:).

[quote name='dallow']???[/QUOTE]
Downloaded it on computer; thought that it was genuinely an amazing game and that the developers deserve every penny out of it; so I purchased it.

bread's done
Back