Pokemon Rumble U (Wii U) free Black or White Kyurem with purchase at Gamestop.

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I noticed this in store today and figured it would be worth posting.  Gamestop is exclusively giving away either a Black or White Kyurem NFC figure if you purchase the digital code for Pokemon Rumble U in-store.  I guess its the only way to get the Black/White Kyurem figures in the US.  For anyone interested in the game, this is probably the best route to go for getting it.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_pokemon_rumble_u_gamestop-2013-08-19/

Not sure if this was mentioned. Passwords for the US region.

http://www.pokemonrumble.com/RumbleU/en/password/
Thank you very very much.

Picked this up Thursday morning. Didn't pre-order it, the guy just gave me the receipt and 1 of the Poke balls out of the draw (black Kyurem). I really wish they had 1 of those cool looking DL cards that Japan got though. My 2 sons who were with me haven't asked for any more yet - my 1 sons birthday is in 3 weeks so he's expecting a bunch then. My other son collects Sklyanders toys.

My kids played this for about 2 hours yesterday but haven't wanted to today, they are both BIG Pokemon fans but I think this bores them a bit. (They have played a ton of Rumble and Rumble Blast so maybe fatigued?) That and they like Pikmin 3 better - they got all 5 golds today on monster battles playing co-op.

1 thing, my tv won't play this on 1080p, only 720p. Every other game I have - DL or disc - plays fine on 1080p (on my 1080p Sharp Aquos tv) but the screen and sound goes out every 15 or 20 seconds for about 3 seconds. I tried 3 different HDMI cables and 2 different tv ports before I switched to 720p on a whim. No problems. Switched back, same blackouts. I can't find anybody else on the web who has had a similar problem in the 10 months of the Wii Us existence.

Story time with SEGMew:

I drop to the 4th closest Gamestop to me. I asked them if they had an unopened case of Pokemon Rumble U figures. They checked and they didn't (apparently this store only got one case shipment). Then I asked if they have any of the preorder figures, he opened the drawer and said no. Then I said "okay, I'll buy this entire opened box on the counter then" and he was like "Ah yeah, no one actually bought any yet lol".

So we counted together and there were 23 Pokeballs. The preorder figs have no barcode (but they don't know that). You can figure out the rest :D
So you got 5 kyurems?

Last edited by a moderator:
The box that I got has 18 unique figures.  Lucky.  :whee:

No shiny though, but my sons don't seem to care.

I didn't open any of them.  Was able to scan them by slowing rotating them over the gamepad.

Only stopped at one gamestop and got all they had. 15 plus a white kyurem. Son only thinks he got one as i let him buy one and then when the wife took him out of the store i bought the rest. Will check them after he goes to bed to see what all he got.

Wonder if i would catch any slack from gamestop if i take any doubles back (unopened of course) and exchange them for others ones until i get the complete set. Thinking of doing that or just trading on here.

Only stopped at one gamestop and got all they had. 15 plus a white kyurem. Son only thinks he got one as i let him buy one and then when the wife took him out of the store i bought the rest. Will check them after he goes to bed to see what all he got.

Wonder if i would catch any slack from gamestop if i take any doubles back (unopened of course) and exchange them for others ones until i get the complete set. Thinking of doing that or just trading on here.
While there is no right answer, I doubt it would go well. They will probably question why you want to know that and then will question how you know that. Most likely you'll get turned down, especially if you constantly try to trade them out.

So you got 5 kyurems?
I got 5 Black Kyurems >_> and 18 of each Pokemon, no shinies. Mew and Mewtwo came broken from their base. I probably can go and exchange the two broken Pokemon. Not like I'm exchanging broken Croagunks or something.

I got 5 Black Kyurems >_> and 18 of each Pokemon, no shinies. Mew and Mewtwo came broken from their base. I probably can go and exchange the two broken Pokemon. Not like I'm exchanging broken Croagunks or something.
Thanks for your post. The game stop near me thought they didn't get any because they mixed the promos with the figures you can buy. The GameStop was so happy I pointed this out they gave me a couple of free promos.

No prob, glad to share my story =P Also there is more to it. They did actually realize that when they tried to scan the barcode 23 times, it wouldn't scan beyond 18 quantity, and that's when the second clerk figured out that the preorders were mixed in. Since no one preordered, they let me have the preorders as they didn't know how to pick them out besides openninig them up, plus I'm like a frequent flyer mile type of customer anyway.

Still looking to trade my Black Kyurem still unopened in the Pokeball for a White Kyurem.

I ended up with three White Kyruem...so if anybody wanted to trade a Black one for my White one, let me know!

I just bought a box

Missing Bulbasaur. Got 2x Litwicks.......

But I pulled Shiny Eevee :whee:

sw8zfb.jpg

Ended up getting a full set in my box, with a shiny Genesect replacing the normal one.  Pulled a shiny Eevee from another box, too. Woo.

In need of a Black Kyurem and a normal Genesect.  Also Shiny Pikachu, but I don't have much to offer for that one.

I have extras of:

White Kyurem

Victini

Shaymin

Send me a PM if you'd like to trade. :)

Bought a box today (despite the employee saying I couldn't initially because if you buy more than 4 in a transaction you're a "reseller," whatever).  Got 2 shiny pokemon, an Eevee and Genesect.  I guess you could call that pretty lucky.

Gamestop did not hold my preorder figure... If anyone has any extra Kyurem they are willing to send over to a longtime CAG, please PM me!

On a side note, if anyone has any doubles that they are willing to trade/sell, please check my list!

That does sound a lot better but aren't they randomized or some bullshit like that?
The figures are randomized BUT, per the IGN unboxing video, you can hold them up to the Wii-U gamepad and find out what's inside (similar to the power discs of Infinity). Of course, you could get lucky like IGN...they bought about 8-9 packs from a store, already had about 5-6 figures, and didn't get a single double.

Bought 15 last night and only got 1 double.

I have for trade Shaymin still sealed in the ball.

I need the following

Zoroark

Litwik

Bulbasaur

Darkrai

Black Kyurem

I bought the game and 5 figures on thursday. I easily could see myself wanting to get all the figures but unfortunately the core game is not very good which kills any of my desire to catch them all.

I've been going to all the GameStops in my area to complete my collection. So far I've bought 3 full boxes from 2 stores and the remaking capsule at 3 different stores ( about 7 at each).

After all this, I final obtained one full set and only one shiny.

Also, 2 of the new full boxes I bought had a bunch of duplicates, not a complete set. Any other CAG members be forewarned that buying a full box doesn't gaurentee a complete set or shiny.

All the GameStops have been very lenient with buying a bunch, checking at home, and then returning them.

Also, they will scan through the balls without opening. If the don't scan right away rotate the ball or shake the ball up to reposition the figure inside. It will work eventually. (Shaking works best).

Lastly, shiny do appear shiny in game so you will know when you scan it if the figure is shiny or not. (The best way to get shinys without luck). If not just return it to GameStop.

Oh, so you are able to return the unopened ones back to GameStop? I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier in this thread (or elsewhere) where the items are marked as a "toy" in the system and therefore, cannot be returned. I guess I'll have to go buy the rest of the figures to complete my set of 18 (I'm not too concerned about getting the shinies).

Oh, so you are able to return the unopened ones back to GameStop? I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier in this thread (or elsewhere) where the items are marked as a "toy" in the system and therefore, cannot be returned. I guess I'll have to go buy the rest of the figures to complete my set of 18 (I'm not too concerned about getting the shinies).
Yes, you can return them. just don't break the seal on them and you will be fine. Also, to be sure, I always double checked and asked avian before purchasing some. This way when I took them back, I could always give the employees name who said it was ok.

Stopped by a Gamestop to take advantage of trade 2,get $50 towards a new game. As I was being cashed out, I asked the guy if they had any of the exclusive pokemans left.He said the system showed five were in stock. I asked if I could get one if I bought the download code, he said Sure. But then he couldnt find them. Come to find out someone mixed them in with the regular pokeballs that were for sale. All five were found, and he offered to let me have two, which I graciously accepted. He said that if I didnt mind him opening them, he would try to find 1 of each for me, which I graciously accepted.
Didnt hit me up for preorders or any bullshit at all.
Nicest Gamestop experience I've ever had.

for those that got a kyurem, did the store have them in a drawer or in the back or something?  I've been told they didn't get them, sold out (suggesting they were purchasable), idk what those are *points at regular pokeball ones*, etc

I figured as much.  I wonder if they are purchasable.  For those that got them, is there any barcode like the ones being sold?

I went to one store on afternoon Friday, and lady told me they didn't get them yet (didn' see the regulars for sale either) but was told a shipment might come later.  Next day around same time, I see the rumble u figures out.  I ask about the "special" ones.  He says they "sold out".  He says they put out 3 and someone got them all.  I'm not sure if this means someone actually bought all 3 or bought 3 rumble u codes and got the figures.

I went into a Gamestop planning to buy the game now if they still had any of the Kyurems for when I get a WiiU, but I just asked to employee if they had any of the bonuses left and he just said yeah and gave it to me. I love when they're this nice

EDIT: I did ask if I could buy the game then too, but he said they were sold out of it...

Also, they were in a drawer, and mine has no barcode

I figured as much. I wonder if they are purchasable. For those that got them, is there any barcode like the ones being sold?

I went to one store on afternoon Friday, and lady told me they didn't get them yet (didn' see the regulars for sale either) but was told a shipment might come later. Next day around same time, I see the rumble u figures out. I ask about the "special" ones. He says they "sold out". He says they put out 3 and someone got them all. I'm not sure if this means someone actually bought all 3 or bought 3 rumble u codes and got the figures.
If you go through the posts, there are people that get theirs in drawers, there are people that find the store mix them with the regular one and there are people that say their store just give them all 5 bonus figures because no one preordered and what not.

Who knows, the store employee may very well have taken them and sell it on ebay. really no need to waste energy trying to figure out what exactly happened at the store you visited... you won't know.

Preorder figs have no barcode and if you peek in the airholes, the Kyurems are in see through bags instead of black bags.

If you go through the posts, there are people that get theirs in drawers, there are people that find the store mix them with the regular one and there are people that say their store just give them all 5 bonus figures because no one preordered and what not.

Who knows, the store employee may very well have taken them and sell it on ebay. really no need to waste energy trying to figure out what exactly happened at the store you visited... you won't know.
At my local Gamestop, the preorder figures were mixed in a box with the regular ones.

Just bought some more figures and got a Shiny Eevee (which I'll probably just sell on eBay) and three other regular figures that were missing from my collection. The Celebi that I got was detached from its base. Guess I'll have to superglue it back on. :/

I'm still missing Shaymin. If anyone has a Shaymin, I'd be willing to trade a Mew AND a Zoroark for it. 2 figures for 1!!

I went into a Gamestop planning to buy the game now if they still had any of the Kyurems for when I get a WiiU, but I just asked to employee if they had any of the bonuses left and he just said yeah and gave it to me. I love when they're this nice

EDIT: I did ask if I could buy the game then too, but he said they were sold out of it...

Also, they were in a drawer, and mine has no barcode
Isn't Rumble U download code only?

By 5 bonus figures, I'm going to assume you mean they just got all the Kyurems (and that there aren't 5 different bonus figures!).

Aside from no barcode, is there any other difference between the pokeballs the figures are in?

Preorder figs have no barcode and if you peek in the airholes, the Kyurems are in see throw bags instead of black bags.
Ok this might help.

One store I checked on Friday had the display box with figures. Lady also said there was a drawer filled with them. She showed me a big plastic bag like the ones used for garbage that had lots of pokeballs (guess they threw the Rumble U figure boxes away?) so I doubt those are the bonus figures.

One store I checked on Friday had the display box with figures. Lady also said there was a drawer filled with them. She showed me a big plastic bag like the ones used for garbage that had lots of pokeballs (guess they threw the Rumble U figure boxes away?) so I doubt those are the bonus figures.
That's a very strange thing for that GameStop to do with storing the Pokeballs in a plastic bag instead of keeping it in the box. The box has a flap that folds down so sitting it on a counter or shelf in the store is much easier (for consumer purchasing) than keeping them in a bag. I wonder if that bag contains the Kyurems.

So the mall had a box of balls that hadn't been opened yet so I took the plunge. Was able to scan them all before opening. Got two repeats I'm going to swap out at a buddy's store. Would have been annoyed but at least I got my Bulbasaur. :D

Now I have to track down Pickachu and Shaymin.

n64bw8.jpg

When they get the shipment, the Pokeballs are originally in a large bag for the employee to open and put in the display box.

When they get the shipment, the Pokeballs are originally in a large bag for the employee to open and put in the display box.
You sure about that? I know my store got two boxes, and the one I got that was unopened had the pokeballs in a plastic bag. Pretty sure they were shipped like that.

My partner pointed out that there's holes at the top so you can actually peak onto it...
It's possible, but not very helpful.

When I went to GameStop to get my figure. The guy acted like I asked him to open every figure, give me all the different ones and praise my existence for picking it up. Anyway, I just touched a figure and that was apparently the one I "choose". Also it's very difficult to tell them apart through that little air hole.

bread's done
Back