Pokemon Rumble U (Wii U) free Black or White Kyurem with purchase at Gamestop.

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I noticed this in store today and figured it would be worth posting.  Gamestop is exclusively giving away either a Black or White Kyurem NFC figure if you purchase the digital code for Pokemon Rumble U in-store.  I guess its the only way to get the Black/White Kyurem figures in the US.  For anyone interested in the game, this is probably the best route to go for getting it.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_pokemon_rumble_u_gamestop-2013-08-19/

Hmmm, I really only want Mewtwo, but at the same time this brings back all the nostalgia of opening the booster packs for those holographics. Maybe I'll just take my chances and buy a couple sometime this week.

Well if anyone has a shiny Pikachu or Genesect I managed to pick up another one of the white preorder figures. I'll gladly trade it for one of those two. :D

You sure about that? I know my store got two boxes, and the one I got that was unopened had the pokeballs in a plastic bag. Pretty sure they were shipped like that.
You quoted the wrong person? That's what I said =P

It's possible, but not very helpful.

When I went to GameStop to get my figure. The guy acted like I asked him to open every figure, give me all the different ones and praise my existence for picking it up. Anyway, I just touched a figure and that was apparently the one I "choose". Also it's very difficult to tell them apart through that little air hole.
The Kyurems don't have the checklist phamplet thing either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still really upset these are not available in Canada, pretty much the main reason I even wanted the game.

Anyone know of a good place for me to snag a few? Anyone selling/ trading them for a good price?

Still really upset these are not available in Canada, pretty much the main reason I even wanted the game.

Anyone know of a good place for me to snag a few? Anyone selling/ trading them for a good price?

Are you unable to get GameStop's website to ship to Canada? I honestly don't know if they do or not. If you'd like I'd be happy to buy as many as you want for retail if you'll cover the shipping.

don't know what part of Canada you're in, but I recall one guy just driving to the US to pick up stuff.

Went back to GS one last time to get a couple more and found out that they had sold all of them except for 2 and I bought them on the spot. Glad I did because I got Pikachu and Piplup (2 that I wanted.) I can only hope that kids trade them in and I can buy the rest that I want, but for now I am glad with the ones I have.

I just returned from a different local GameStop and they wanted to charge me the standard $4.00 for the promotional figure. He claimed that giving it to me (even though I explained that it had no barcode due to it being a promotional item) would throw his inventory off. Is there anything that I could do about this?

That guy is probably full of shit.  There is no barcode on the figure and the Gamestop I regularly visit gave me 4 of them because there were no other preorders.

That said,  I'd love to trade one of my White Kyurems for a shiny Eevee.  I've also got a complete set and then some, with the exception of Bulbasaur if anyone is interested.

I just returned from a different local GameStop and they wanted to charge me the standard $4.00 for the promotional figure. He claimed that giving it to me (even though I explained that it had no barcode due to it being a promotional item) would throw his inventory off. Is there anything that I could do about this?
Just ask for the District Managers number. Worse case you get them in trouble. Best case they give you what you want.

heh I would just pay $4/each and buy all of the kyurem they have instead of just take one as my bonus... much better deal.

the GS guy is giving you a seriously good deal.

It might be worth going back to the Gamestops that said they didn't have any more preorder figures and asking again. I just went to the mall to snag a couple more figures (more repeats :( ) and one of the employees said they got an extra figure and slid it to me sly-like behind the other employee's back that was giving me grief about swapping the unopened figures for different unopened figures. It sucks I got more repeats again (this is my 3rd try at exchanging them) but at least I got another Kyurem to trade for a shiny hopefully. I can't believe it was yet ANOTHER white one. That's 4 Kyurems I've managed to get, and they have all been white. At least I've got a black one coming in through a trade I manged to do over the weekend. At this point it might be better for me to just trade the repeats with others for the ones I want. I really don't want to shell out another $5 to ship these out but I'm going to spend more than that in gas soon. In which case:

Have:

White Kyurem (x2)

Litwick

Zoroark

Torchic

Bulbasaur

Want:

Pikachu (shiny or regular)

Shaymin

Shiny Genesect

Eevee

The preorder figs are not in the inventory, at least not listed as the standard figures.

Does anyone know if they will be getting anymore kyruem? I called every store within 35mins and none

I would be surprised considering they were supposed to be preorder bonuses. I assume these will eventually become some of the rarest and most sought after figures since they seemed like they were gone in a flash.

Just ask for the District Managers number. Worse case you get them in trouble. Best case they give you what you want.
Yes because causing someone their job is worth the $4 he was trying to get charged.

Look, the game is $17 bucks and you need to buy it to get the figure. He was willing to charge you $4, consider it a win and stfu.

Yes because causing someone their job is worth the $4 he was trying to get charged.

Look, the game is $17 bucks and you need to buy it to get the figure. He was willing to charge you $4, consider it a win and stfu.
Because GameStop gives half of a fuck about what their employees do. I knew someone who probably had at least 50 complaints and left a PS3 on the counter and went to the back room with no employees working and it was stolen, yet he still had a job. I doubt a pocket transaction on bonus stuff that is suppose to be free is going to get someone fired.

Have:

Deoxies x3

Bulbasaur x3

Jirachi x2

Mew x2

Mewtwo

Eevee

Darkrai

Piplup

Celebi

Litwick

Shaymin

Lucario

Want:

Black Kyurem

Shiny Eevee

Because GameStop gives half of a fuck about what their employees do. I knew someone who probably had at least 50 complaints and left a PS3 on the counter and went to the back room with no employees working and it was stolen, yet he still had a job. I doubt a pocket transaction on bonus stuff that is suppose to be free is going to get someone fired.
Don't assume that all employees are like that store. You also don't know what a district manager will or won't do. Don't rock the boat and complain that you can't get a promotional item from the employee through means that you shouldn't be, The correct way to get it is to buy the game at $17.99. If you manage to do so through other means, maybe grease his wheels with a $5 preorder or maybe buy it for $4, then take it and walk away happy.

I understand gamestop employees are hated here, but there is no reason to threaten, or harass them for something as silly as this.

Is it worth doing it over a $4 dollar figure? No. Is it worth doing because he isn't doing his job correctly? Yes. Never said Flame HAD to report him, just simply asking for the number will sometimes put the fear of god in some people.

They really don't. I reported a guy who basically bitched out a kid for canceling a preorder and the response I got was "we will do something with this information and do better in the future".

Don't assume that all employees are like that store. You also don't know what a district manager will or won't do. Don't rock the boat and complain that you can't get a promotional item from the employee through means that you shouldn't be, The correct way to get it is to buy the game at $17.99. If you manage to do so through other means, maybe grease his wheels with a $5 preorder or maybe buy it for $4, then take it and walk away happy.

I understand gamestop employees are hated here, but there is no reason to threaten, or harass them for something as silly as this.
Man. Is there some way to hire you? I would love to stop doing my job properly and have someone defend me like I am some sort of godly figure immune to wrong doing of any kind.

Dude was getting a deal at $4 and you know it. He shouldn't have complained. GS employees aren't suppose to had you over all the promos in the drawer by putting the fear of god to them, which according to you, wouldn't matter anyway. So what is there to be scared of?

GS employee: "Call the district manager on me, go ahead. lol. Go ahead. *Throws pokeball on the ground and steps on it*

That is what would happen according to you and the other poster.

Maybe you catch more flies with honey. Be polite and don't go into a store like some entitled child who cries to his mother cause he wants a new toy and if he doesn't get it, he's gonna throw a tantrum. 

Man. Is there some way to hire you? I would love to stop doing my job properly and have someone defend me like I am some sort of godly figure immune to wrong doing of any kind.
^This, seriously. I know it isn't a glorious job by all means, but if you're not doing your job you don't deserve your job. Plenty of other people are willing to take it right now.

Dude was getting a deal at $4 and you know it. He shouldn't have complained. GS employees aren't suppose to had you over all the promos in the drawer by putting the fear of god to them, which according to you, wouldn't matter anyway. So what is there to be scared of?

GS employee: "Call the district manager on me, go ahead. lol. Go ahead. *Throws pokeball on the ground and steps on it*

That is what would happen according to you and the other poster.

Maybe you catch more flies with honey. Be polite and don't go into a store like some entitled child who cries to his mother cause he wants a new toy and if he doesn't get it, he's gonna throw a tantrum.
There is no sku on the damn thing and is not part of the inventory... so how exactly is he going to sell it? Seriously? HOW EXACTLY IS HE GOING TO SELL IT?! I also assume Flame was looking to buy the game at the time, but if not then I agree that he shouldn't just be given it.

Just because we don't think anything will happen, doesn't mean nothing will happen. Not like people are really looking to get reported / score low ratings, but it still takes a bit more than that to get fired.

Bought a box.

Need:
Eevee
All three Shiny variants

Have:
Zoroark (x2)
Piplup
Mew

Also have two White Kyurem and two Black Kyurem. Those will be traded for either multiple of the ones I need, or, any shiny.

There is no sku on the damn thing and is not part of the inventory... so how exactly is he going to sell it? Seriously? HOW EXACTLY IS HE GOING TO SELL IT?! I also assume Flame was looking to buy the game at the time, but if not then I agree that he shouldn't just be given it.

Just because we don't think anything will happen, doesn't mean nothing will happen. Not like people are really looking to get reported / score low ratings, but it still takes a bit more than that to get fired.
The GameStop employee can either rescan an existing Pokeball's barcode, the GameStop barcode on the box or look up the Pokeball item's SKU in their database. Though, the inventory might show that there's zero availability if there are no other Pokeballs at the store, that doesn't stop the employee from selling it.

To quote my post about Disney Infinity, "I hope this fails". This is bad for gamers. These games (all three of them) take the free to play model and then charge you for the game as well as the new areas that get unlocked. How many of these games can the market support? Is this going to be like MMO's where one company's massive success gets dozens of others into the game only to see their product lines failing?

With the Wii U's small install base and Disney Infinity on the same console, is it at all likely this will be a huge success?
It should've been done with Pokemon cards. Like the failed e-reader. In theory it would be cool like if they added to children's toys get any way like hot wheels and Barbie's.

I would be surprised considering they were supposed to be preorder bonuses. I assume these will eventually become some of the rarest and most sought after figures since they seemed like they were gone in a flash.
5 a store seems tiny for a preorder bonus. I promised someone one I don't have and want another for the possibly raising value. Too bad I ran out of GS credit and had to work.

The GameStop employee can either rescan an existing Pokeball's barcode, the GameStop barcode on the box or look up the Pokeball item's SKU in their database. Though, the inventory might show that there's zero availability if there are no other Pokeballs at the store, that doesn't stop the employee from selling it.
Good job of replying to my rhetorical question. Of course he could find a way to sell it, but that would also bring into question why this person is still employed. On one hand this would make me wonder why he didn't sit there and ask himself why the Pokeball lacked a barcode. Like if I didn't see a barcode, then I would assume it is not part of any inventory and can be freely given out. On the other it makes me laugh at how he would actually throw off the inventory like that. Obviously if he sells one of those and they have 18 in stock, then one of the sellable ones would instantly be out of inventory and cause a far bigger problem for him in the first place.

Good job of replying to my rhetorical question. Of course he could find a way to sell it, but that would also bring into question why this person is still employed. On one hand this would make me wonder why he didn't sit there and ask himself why the Pokeball lacked a barcode. Like if I didn't see a barcode, then I would assume it is not part of any inventory and can be freely given out. On the other it makes me laugh at how he would actually throw off the inventory like that. Obviously if he sells one of those and they have 18 in stock, then one of the sellable ones would instantly be out of inventory and cause a far bigger problem for him in the first place.
Didn't seem like you were asking a rhetorical question. Why the sarcastic response? Stop trying to play the know-it-all and cause an uproar over nothing. If an item does not have a barcode, one does not assume it can be given out freely. GameStop, amongst other retailers, get tons of items without barcodes (not limited to posters, standees, games, etc.). It doesn't mean they can just give it away.

Besides, an overage of one stock is never going to "cause a far bigger problem" for the employee. If it was the other way around, then there might be a problem.

Edit: Checking back the last few posts of yours, you've contributed nothing to the overall conversation of this thread other than to pick fights with other users. On the ignore list you go.

bread's done
Back