PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed 6ish. With 50K points...I might as well get something. And like someone else just said, if I can't find anything between now and the 17th, I'll just grab some cheap shit.

Thanks for the heads up about this. I had a bit over 1000 points, so two of these seem like as good a way as any to use them up.

has anybody tried to see if this will stack with the B1G1 coupon from last week?  My GS has Xenoblade and MPT in stock, wondering if they would stack and I could get both for just the price of MPT.

B1G1 Coupon? I'm out of the loop on this, where are these coming from?
It was the Steal of the Week from last week (B1G1 for all Wii/DS games), which is unavailable now that this one is active; it's good for a little while after "buying" one, so several CAGs redeemed their points to hold onto the coupons for the future.

Im on mobile and for some reason I cant edit my post and it says I dont have permission to otherwise I would so sorry for a double post.

What I am wondering is if I should get this coupon or just use my birthday coupon. I'm a PUR member so what will the 10% stack with. Last year I had the one coupon that stacked with the 10% and I made a nice haul. I would like to do that again this time and get some PS3 games. The last time I did something like this the manager ended up letting me get about 20 games. Lol.

I got one of the B1G1 coupons last week (used it on Pokemon to bring down the cost of Rocksmith 2014), but it still shows in my coupons... Aren't they supposed to go away on the website when you use them?

I got one of the B1G1 coupons last week (used it on Pokemon to bring down the cost of Rocksmith 2014), but it still shows in my coupons... Aren't they supposed to go away on the website when you use them?
It's suppose to disappear unless they did a override when you used it last week. The coupon didn't work I believe Mon and Tues last week without an override. You should be able to use it again.

It's suppose to disappear unless they did a override when you used it last week. The coupon didn't work I believe Mon and Tues last week without an override. You should be able to use it again.

Exactly. I had that happen last week as well and was able to use that coupon again once the promo was properly in the system.

Anyone know if we actually have to print this out?

Or can I just show it on my phone?
Last time I used a coupon I took a screenshot, cropped it and saved it to a png to show on my phone. The guy manually put in the code and it worked fine.

Yep I got the 25% off pre owned game, in store only, valid 10/28-11/17
Kinda bummed it wasn't for online sales as my GS doesn't have any copies of what I want..

Thanks for trying it out and letting us know.

Hopefully all the black friday ads will leak before the 17th. If there are no specials on the Wii U a Gamestop refurb 32gb would be $202.50 using one of these. If I decide to get one I could use it and not have to get up to fight the crazies to save a few dollars.

Hi. I, uh, used my coupon on Battlefield 3. The coupon apparently cancels out the bonus 50% on trades towards used games. 

Bought Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Trilogy for $58ish with a B1G1 Wii/DS coupon.

Also grabbed GTA5 and Fallout New Vegas Collection for $50ish with the 25% off coupon.

I'm going to return GTA5 and Metroid (fucking reprint -.-) tomorrow.  Hopefully with the added 50% bonus, I'll come out ahead of what I spent...and then use that credit to get some Used games that I actually want, with the 25% coupons.

So we've got confirmation that the 25% off applies to all used games in the transaction, correct? It's not that I don't believe anyone--I just want to be absolutely, totally certain that it works that way.

wonder if it will stack with the birthday coupon and PUR

25% off + 20% birthday + 10% PUR discount = 55% off?

One can dream......

Bought Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Trilogy for $58ish with a B1G1 Wii/DS coupon.

Also grabbed GTA5 and Fallout New Vegas Collection for $50ish with the 25% off coupon.

I'm going to return GTA5 and Metroid (fucking reprint -.-) tomorrow. Hopefully with the added 50% bonus, I'll come out ahead of what I spent...and then use that credit to get some Used games that I actually want, with the 25% coupons.
Am I reading this right, 25% off both Xenoblade and Metroid thus dropping it to $58.xx then the B1G1 stacked?

Time to get 2 more mystery coupon.

I'm going to return GTA5 and Metroid (fucking reprint -.-) tomorrow. Hopefully with the added 50% bonus, I'll come out ahead of what I spent...and then use that credit to get some Used games that I actually want, with the 25% coupons.
If it's 25% off the whole purchase shouldn't it be $47.25 + tax for Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy if you're lucky enough to be able to stack with B1G1? Unless you didn't have pro.

$70*.75*.9=$47.25 and MPT should be free.

Separate transactions. Both used my PUR 10%. The first only had Xenoblade and Metroid for B1G1 (Metroid was free), the second was GTA and Fallout with the 25% off.

I didn't attempt to stack them. I enjoy having discounts at Gamestop and want to shy away from being banned. Though I don't care for many of their practices (one which I financially supported today -.-), I hope to continue walking the grey margin of buying/trading profitably.

Thinking about going to get a 32gb ipad 4 and then going to another gamestop and trading it in with the 50% bonus.  How do I trigger the 50% though?

Thinking about going to get a 32gb ipad 4 and then going to another gamestop and trading it in with the 50% bonus. How do I trigger the 50% though?
The 50% bonus doesn't work for electronics like the iPad--the best you can do is the 30% extra you get by trading it in towards select items.

The 50% bonus doesn't work for electronics like the iPad--the best you can do is the 30% extra you get by trading it in towards select items.
Are you certain? I remember one of the workers telling me it worked when some customers brought in an iPhone and some Samsung Tablets.

Are you certain? I remember one of the workers telling me it worked when some customers brought in an iPhone and some Samsung Tablets.
Well, it shouldn't work based on how the 50% promo is worded vs. the 30% promo (the former doesn't mention tablets, while the latter does), but I can't confirm it since I've never traded one in myself.

Hmmm never thought about doing multiple items with one 25% coupon. I just visited two stores instead because as it were, the closest store to me always hassles me about any sort of coupon.

Does anyone know if this works with the B1G1 on the AC/Battlefield/Batman games?

Well, it shouldn't work based on how the 50% promo is worded vs. the 30% promo (the former doesn't mention tablets, while the latter does), but I can't confirm it since I've never traded one in myself.
Tablets can only get 30% bonus. I traded in an ipad this past weekend and the employee said I would get 50%, but I was pretty sure that was incorrect. Sure enough after the transaction finished, I only got a 30% bonus.

bread's done
Back