PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the sotw might be a mystery as in each day it will be something different.  I'll await confirmation for those that redeem once stores have opened on Tuesday.

The 10% off from PUR Pro applies to Smartphones and Tablets too? I never knew that...

Safe to say anything that is Pre-Owned gets the 10% off?

Also got the 10% off of the online sale price was wondering what this was earlier myself. I'm guessing the tablets that are 20% off online will get another 20% off instore?

Any chance anyone has a spare code they weren't looking to use?  My points apparently expired July of this year :(

Trying to get an ipad for the lady, this seems to be the cheapest (minus the b2g1 promo that I missed).

I purchased another coupon this morning and got another 25% off coupon.

Hopefully something different will pop up but I do like this coupon. Using one today for batman arkham origins!

You honestly think someone would trade in a next gen game like that? Dear god man, WHAT ELSE WOULD THEY PLAY!
im getting my ps4 in december and i was banking on people trading in next gen games by then so thats why i was hoping for the experation date to last long. im sure there would be a fee traded in by then lol

This is what pisses me off about GameStop preowned coupons: although this is a good deal, there is a 99% chance I'll get stuck with some disc-only copy that the previous owner stuck in their ass and then tried to clean with cinder blocks.  I have had absolutely terrible luck with preowned purchases lately, so as good of a deal as this is, I'll be saving my points.

This is what pisses me off about GameStop preowned coupons: although this is a good deal, there is a 99% chance I'll get stuck with some disc-only copy that the previous owner stuck in their ass and then tried to clean with cinder blocks. I have had absolutely terrible luck with preowned purchases lately, so as good of a deal as this is, I'll be saving my points.
People in your area have some really weird fetishes.

This is what pisses me off about GameStop preowned coupons: although this is a good deal, there is a 99% chance I'll get stuck with some disc-only copy that the previous owner stuck in their ass and then tried to clean with cinder blocks. I have had absolutely terrible luck with preowned purchases lately, so as good of a deal as this is, I'll be saving my points.
You can always inspect the disc/package yourself before you commit to purchasing it. I do that with all preowned games I buy from there.

You can always inspect the disc/package yourself before you commit to purchasing it. I do that with all preowned games I buy from there.
I do that every time but the employees get pissed and then I end up not buying the game because all of their copies are asstacular.

At this point in my collecting it's worth the premium price to buy new and not deal with all of that bullshit.

The coupon is tempting for use with getting a preowned Wii U system. Even after the coupon, the Deluxe system would still be $220 (after tax). Anyone know (or remember) if Gamestop has ever had a Wii U Deluxe system for less than that (with or without coupons). I feel that the new bundle (with the Mario & Luigi games) would be worth buying new for that kind of price difference.

The coupon is tempting for use with getting a preowned Wii U system. Even after the coupon, the Deluxe system would still be $220 (after tax). Anyone know (or remember) if Gamestop has ever had a Wii U Deluxe system for less than that (with or without coupons). I feel that the new bundle (with the Mario & Luigi games) would be worth buying new for that kind of price difference.

Does the coupon apply to "refurbished" systems though? Because I'm in the market for a WiiU, and getting the basic one for 188 plus tax seems like a pretty good deal.

Not sure if already posted, but considering getting a used Gen 5 iPod Touch, since mine recently got stolen :(
Would the 25% work on that? If so, would it stack with the PUR 10% off as well?

I do that every time but the employees get pissed and then I end up not buying the game because all of their copies are asstacular.

At this point in my collecting it's worth the premium price to buy new and not deal with all of that bullshit.
I've had some good luck lately getting HTF games in excellent, complete shape at GS. But then again I'm only really interested in games that were recently traded in (aka limited stock at a store that previously wasn't listed), as I usually have better luck with those. It's the copies of good / rare games that have been sitting there forever are more than likely disc only types.

Case in point, yesterday I picked up a near mint copy of :wii: Calling that was just traded in a couple of days ago using this 25% off coupon, though there is another copy at another store that has been sitting there for about a month that is disc only. Not the rule obviously, but I'm always interested in the newer trade ins.

Wish I could find an iPad close. None anywhere near me :cry:
Just got back from GS.
The mystery coupon is still 25% off pre-owned.
Purchased an iPad 4 64gb wifi for $389.49.
Told the cashier I'm trading it in and asked for the cheapest game in stock, bought madden 2008 for $0.89.
I received $539.91 in credit.
I than asked what other iPads they have but they were all a "B grade", so there was no go.
The rep were awesome, I let them play my batman blackgate on vita and now they are getting it, they were unsure until they tried it.
I also bought a few Black Friday titles so I can return and rebuy.
Can't wait for PS4

Off topic, I brought my tiger woods to the USPS drop box on the way home.

Just got back from GS.
The mystery coupon is still 25% off pre-owned.
Purchased an iPad 4 64gb wifi for $389.49.
Told the cashier I'm trading it in and asked for the cheapest game in stock, bought madden 2008 for $0.89.
I received $539.91 in credit.
I than asked what other iPads they have but they were all a "B grade", so there was no go.
The rep were awesome, I let them play my batman blackgate on vita and now they are getting it, they were unsure until they tried it.
I also bought a few Black Friday titles so I can return and rebuy.
Can't wait for PS4

Off topic, I brought my tiger woods to the USPS drop box on the way home.
You bought it and traded it in during the same visit?

Yes.
They asked if I was sure I wanted to do this and I gave the nod.
The 2 employees were smiling and laughing and actually went to the back room to get me more iPads. They even tried to get me the 50% trade-in promo but just the 30% would work.
The iPads weren't in like new condition so I couldn't get the full value. There were engravings and a few had scratches. So I said let me rebuy the ipad I just traded in but they said as soon as an item gets traded in, it goes into trade hold.

Yes.
The 2 employees were smiling and laughing and actually went to the back room to get me more iPads. They even tried to get me the 50% trade-in promo but just the 30% would work.
The iPads weren't in like new condition so I couldn't get the full value. There were engravings and a few had scratches. So I said let me rebuy the ipad I just traded in but they said as soon as an item gets traded in, it goes into trade hold.
banhammer time

Yes.
I'd be pretty surprised if you don't end up getting banned for that. Should at least get flagged. That really wasn't a very smart thing to do.

Bought 2 Pokemons today using the B1G1 and was told only one coupon per transaction so I don't know if the 25% stack with B1G1.

From what the manager was explaining to me, made much sense.
I bought the item and I can do what I want. I wanted to trade it in.
He than explained to his associate, "we just made a pre-owned sale and bought the store a used item."
The manager said he technically can't turn down my transaction. He would turn it away if it was multiples of the same game or if I blatantly have stolen merch.

If I get any banhammering on my account, I can guarantee you it will only be there momentarily and not be there for long.

I'm going to see if I can get another iPad from another store and just bring it back to this store.

Yes.
I haven't known anything of GameStop's to go on 'trade hold'.........unless someone reserved it online. Also, I'd imagine they could check the Serial Number before letting you trade it in. Sounds like they didn't want to be pushed over a second time. GS is not ashamed to buy from 1 person and sell it to the person behind you. You should've went to another store.

You might 'think' you're buddies with them, but I bet they have a bad taste in their mouths for you. It's easy to 'act' chummy with someone to get them out of your face before you snap on them.

Not sure about that trade hold thing. Just sayin'.

I haven't known anything of GameStop's to go on 'trade hold'.........unless someone reserved it online. Also, I'd imagine they could check the Serial Number before letting you trade it in. Sounds like they didn't want to be pushed over a second time. GS is not ashamed to buy from 1 person and sell it to the person behind you. You should've went to another store.

You might 'think' you're buddies with them, but I bet they have a bad taste in their mouths for you. It's easy to 'act' chummy with someone to get them out of your face before you snap on them.

Not sure about that trade hold thing. Just sayin'.
The trade hold is policy. When an item gets traded in, it automatically gets placed on a hold for a number on days I think 10 days. Even though they know it wasn't stolen because I just bought in front of them but all trades become unable to be sold until the hold is cleared. The employees have no control of lifting a hold, it just lifts when the days are up than it becomes buyable in the system.

Nah I'm sure they weren't angry with my actions. The manager is down to earth, we're all human. Not all GS employees are malicious.

I don't want to ruin the OP's thread with this BUT if anyone wants to message me than yall are more than welcome to.

The trade hold is policy. When an item gets traded in, it automatically gets placed on a hold for a number on days I think 10 days. Even though they know it wasn't stolen because I just bought in front of them but all trades become unable to be sold until the hold is cleared. The employees have no control of lifting a hold, it just lifts when the days are up than it becomes buyable in the system.

Nah I'm sure they weren't angry with my actions. The manager is down to earth, we're all human. Not all GS employees are malicious.

I don't want to ruin the OP's thread with this BUT if anyone wants to message me than yall are more than welcome to.
Huh. The trade hold on an item that was just traded in must be for certain items.

bread's done
Back