PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I was under the impression percentages add up before effecting the base price... Didn't realize it's all split and calculated individually. Was thinking it'd be $25-28 with the 3 discounts.

Just came back from trying to flip an ipad i bought two days ago; made the mistake of bringing it in its box. They immediately started questioning me about where i had bought it and when, they asked for the gamestop store where i had bought it because they would have to call. So i just made up an excuse and got out of there, going to try another store tomorrow, this time ill just bring the ipad.

Just a heads up for those attempting the ipad flip 

Just came back from trying to flip an ipad i bought two days ago; made the mistake of bringing it in its box. They immediately started questioning me about where i had bought it and when, they asked for the gamestop store where i had bought it because they would have to call. So i just made up an excuse and got out of there, going to try another store tomorrow, this time ill just bring the ipad.

it's so dumb. who cares. just accept it and call it a day. why make such a hassle? don't get it lol

it's so dumb. who cares. just accept it and call it a day. why make such a hassle? don't get it lol
Hell when I did my ipad flip today I was worried about their system being able to track serial numbers. The box went no where near the 2nd gamestop and that should be common sense. My question is where do some of these dumb kids come up with $300/400 in the first place to flip ;-)

Hell when I did my ipad flip today I was worried about their system being able to track serial numbers. The box went no where near the 2nd gamestop and that should be common sense. My question is where do some of these dumb kids come up with $300/400 in the first place to flip ;-)
yeah I've done 6 in two days and I still get worried at the second store every time . Couldn't imagine bringing the box from the og purchase to the flip smh.

What ratings are people getting on their trades? I am getting a "good" rating so far, but it has had an invisible shield on it since day one and confused where they are seeing marks?

I might be doing this flip once, its basically just buying one  with the coupon and trading it into another gs store right?

Ok, so don't be stupid. Gotcha. Thanks for the advice.

What ratings are people getting on their trades? I am getting a "good" rating so far, but it has had an invisible shield on it since day one and confused where they are seeing marks?
Go to a different store .sounds kinda shady if there only giving you good on that !

Might be the store I went to (they know me well), but guy gave me like new grade.

I said it earlier in the thread but ASM at my regular store told me they got a memo from the DM to only grade 2% of all tablets and smartphone as like new no matter the condition so I'm guessing a lot of other stores also got this memo.Wonder how many ppl have had more than 1 accepted as like new in a short period.

I said it earlier in the thread but ASM at my regular store told me they got a memo from the DM to only grade 2% of all tablets and smartphone as like new no matter the condition so I'm guessing a lot of other stores also got this memo.Wonder how many ppl have had more than 1 accepted as like new in a short period.
Today, I traded in my 16gb Ipad 4 I bought from Amazon warehouse with the 10% off coupon a few weeks ago and it was Like new and graded that way by Gamestop as well. Told them I wanted to upgrade to the 32gb Ipad 4 they had in the store and paid $303 for it. I then proceeded to inspect it in my car and I was shocked that it was in immaculate condition! So I got my hopes up of getting it graded like new at my only other Gamestop in town and sure enough I received $458 for it. That last employee had never taken an ipad trade before. He did remark how pristine it looked and was really apologetic to me for having me wait while he patiently pleaded with some jackass customer on the phone who was upset that he couldn't play Battlefield 4 because his xbox lacked a hard drive.

Since all the used 3DSes are considered "refurbished", would I not be able to use this coupon on a used 3DS?

I'm getting an XL for a christmas present, and if I did my math right it should be $123.50 for a XL before taxes.

im really tempted to pull this trade on the ipads but i can only help and wonder if an extra 100 is worth a ban. dont they enter like a serial number? and from their im pretty sure they run audits of the same serial re entering the system from the same person. decisions decisions

im really tempted to pull this trade on the ipads but i can only help and wonder if an extra 100 is worth a ban. dont they enter like a serial number? and from their im pretty sure they run audits of the same serial re entering the system from the same person. decisions decisions
1 or 2 and you should be ok. The guy who said he did 6 already may be getting a notice from corporate soon. Multiple high value trades in a short span will get your account flagged.

1 or 2 and you should be ok. The guy who said he did 6 already may be getting a notice from corporate soon. Multiple high value trades in a short span will get your account flagged.
so the safest way is obvi goin to another store, but can the other store see ur last purchase?

Found it, thanks all. pretty sure your b day coupon didn't stack ;)

and like 3 or something.

Discount on a discount. Computer took off 20% from bday first. Then took 25% off the new amount after that coupon, then finally the 10% pur off either the 2nd amount or the first, not sure as I dont remember exact number for it.

But yea, they do stack just not how you thought.

I might be wrong, but it seems like since their last big system upgrade over the summer any store can see your last purchases regardless of where you did it.
That is correct as in they can see your last 5 transactions. Their is a delay in how soon but they can definitely see your last 5 transactions no matter where you are when using your PUR card.

Did the iPad flip last night, they graded my trade in as Like New, so I maxed on on profit. I plan on taking my personal iPad 2 in today and upgrading to a 4 using some of the flip profits. Love the fact that the flip added a shit load of points to my account as well.

you can check the value online before getting one. recently i flipped an ipad 2 3g 16gbfor $75 profit. ipad 4 32gb for $120 profit.

I would do an iPad but a lot of the stores in the area have some beat ones and workers who give up when they can't figure out the promos. That and it sucks when I have a legit problem.

So can someone confirm that you can purchase the iPad using the 20% Birthday coupon stacking with the 25% SOTW coupon. I only used the 25% last night.

Thanks

ok, so if I add a game to my purchase both coupons will stack. Cool I guess I will pick up bureau up finally, and maybe Diablo III 

Haven't seen anyone confirm whether this could be used to buy a refurbished Wii U. Any ideas?

Additionally, my friend is going to email me his coupon, will I have any issues using it? Will I be asked to provide some sort of verification that the 25% off coupon is mine/related to my account?

On-topic,
Phone quote this morning:

GTA V 360 $30 base
Lol! Wrong thread dude. You are not in JP's thread.

I've asked the same question with no answer.
Haven't seen anyone confirm whether this could be used to buy a refurbished Wii U. Any ideas?

Additionally, my friend is going to email me his coupon, will I have any issues using it? Will I be asked to provide some sort of verification that the 25% off coupon is mine/related to my account?
To both of you, yes it will work on used (refurbished consoles / handhelds). Also, you will be able to use the coupon just fine even if you did not redeem it from your account. Don't say anything to the associates when handing it over, since some don't even know what promos are in effect and may shoot you down if you were to tell them how it was acquired. We CAGs trade GS coupons all the time so that should be a confirmation in itself for you.

So I am new to the whole Birthday Coupon thing...if my birthday is not anywhere close to this month, and since the coupon requires you to scan your PUR card, will they know that it's not mine? How does one use this coupon?

Lol! Wrong thread dude. You are not in JP's thread.

To both of you, yes it will work on used (refurbished consoles / handhelds). Also, you will be able to use the coupon just fine even if you did not redeem it from your account. Don't say anything to the associates when handing it over, since some don't even know what promos are in effect and may shoot you down if you were to tell them how it was acquired. We CAGs trade GS coupons all the time so that should be a confirmation in itself for you.
All the iPad talk distracted me XD

I tried to use both the 25% coupon and the buy 2 used games get 1 free for renewing your pro membership but it didn't work if anybody was thinking about using the two.

Mine worked perfect. I bought a 16gb gen 4 in perfect condition at one for 261 after tax l. The guy was great and high fived me for such a great deal and thanked me because corporate had been on them about selling iDevices lol. Then I walked across the street to the gamestop I always go to and my buddy took it in for 409 in credit and paid off my xbox one and LoZ: A Link Between Worlds! :) Considering the cash I used was out of my "xbox fund" this was great! Oh and the icing on the cake was that they had pennied out some Pokemon collectors guides and pokedexes as I was there and I got one of each! Booyah!

Oh and in my case I had printed out the trade quote from online and took it in with me. I've done that before with device trades. So for anyone thinking of doing this and that's worried you'll get a "good" rating, I suggest you try printing the online quote.

Mine worked perfect. I bought a 16gb gen 4 in perfect condition at one for 261 after tax l. The guy was great and high fived me for such a great deal and thanked me because corporate had been on them about selling iDevices lol. Then I walked across the street to the gamestop I always go to and my buddy took it in for 409 in credit and paid off my xbox one and LoZ: A Link Between Worlds! :) Considering the cash I used was out of my "xbox fund" this was great! Oh and the icing on the cake was that they had pennied out some Pokemon collectors guides and pokedexes as I was there and I got one of each! Booyah!
You bought an iPod for 25% off, then sold it to the Gamestop across the street?

They allow that? And can you get cash back? I got money to invest to this if this is true.. f**k...

Got the ban hammer today. Manager of my #2 top store put me on the radar as possibly taking advantage of Gamestop's trade promos. That's all it took for the LP to look at my account and see the damage I dealt to GS.

Knew it was coming at some point.... The ban was the only way to stop the flipping.

The kicker is that a few of the stores that I was a regular at were upset that their trade #'s were going to go down.

So we shall see the punishment that gets handed down

Got the ban hammer today. Manager of my #2 top store put me on the radar as possibly taking advantage of Gamestop's trade promos. That's all it took for the LP to look at my account and see the damage I dealt to GS.

Knew it was coming at some point.... The ban was the only way to stop the flipping.

The kicker is that a few of the stores that I was a regular at were upset that their trade #'s were going to go down.

So we shall see the punishment that gets handed down
What's the "ban" mean? Dont come into his store again? Seriously asking since I personally dont know anyone who has been banned lol

bread's done
Back