PowerUp Rewards Steal of the Week: 25% off Pre-Owned for 500 Points

PenguinMaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/

It's listed as a mystery coupon but everyone has reported that it's always a coupon for "25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase" that expires on 11/17.

If it ever changes into something else I'll update this post.

25% Off Any Pre-Owned Purchase Subject to availability by location. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer Valid 10/28/13 through 11/17/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
So apparently GS wants less than 2% of the iPads they take for trade-in to be graded as like new. I found this out today with my like new 32GB.I guess since I'm pretty cool with the people at my main store I asked why it was being graded as good even though it was flawless condition and that's the reply I was given by the assistance manager and that it's just programmed in their mind to accept everything in good condition long as it isn't scratched bad. I didn't push the issue or anything,but she still changed it to the like new price for me.Guess it does pay to be chummy with the employees got me an extra $50 that she clearly could have denied me on 303~>458 needlessly to say today was a good day.

Also, I confirmed this in the GS TIV thread: The 1650 b-day coupon stacks with this 25% off coupon.
Salt in the wound I bought a used GTA at the same store I got the iPad from tried using both coupons and between the BF4 and AC rush they had and the dumb employees they told me the two couldn't go together did b-day first then got them to type in the mystery coupon and the dumb fucks typed the mystery coupon in incorrect( I believe on purpose) and told me to do them separate making me miss out on $10. I knew it would work because I just did the same thing last night,but I think they were more concerned with being proven wrong in a store full of customers and typed the code in wrong on purpose because soon as I did them separate the code pops right in no problem. Only thing made up for it was getting my iPad graded as like new instead of the good value they are use to grading everything at my store still tho could be $10 more. I'll let them win this time since they've been the ones taking it bent over lately.

Huh. The trade hold on an item that was just traded in must be for certain items.
FYI, anything iPad, tablet, smartphone, electronic traded in has to be shipped to the warehouse for grading, inspection and such. Hence, even if someone bought it (an ipad for example) and traded it back in, it will still need to be shipped to warehouse to get GS certified and then redistributed to the stores. This is the reason why not all GSs have iPads around them even if they were traded in to that store as they get them shipped from the warehouse to random stores.

So how are people reporting that there is already pre owned copies of bf4 and ac4 in stock
Most likely gutted new copies (display copies) that are being sold as preowned. Some stores do that and at the same time someone may have traded in to get preorder bonuses and buy it later (BFday maybe) and or get the trade up coupon for next gen games.

Also, I am seeing limited stock at some stores near me as well but just barely. Search one in your area and you may see one for either system.

So how are people reporting that there is already pre owned copies of bf4 and ac4 in stock
Battlefield 4 for 360 has the highest chance of being used as it was just told to people that you NEED a harddrive and if you open it and dont have one and dont want to fork over the money....you trade it.

FYI, anything iPad, tablet, smartphone, electronic traded in has to be shipped to the warehouse for grading, inspection and such. Hence, even if someone bought it (an ipad for example) and traded it back in, it will still need to be shipped to warehouse to get GS certified and then redistributed to the stores. This is the reason why not all GSs have iPads around them even if they were traded in to that store as they get them shipped from the warehouse to random stores.
I see.

Trade holds comply with local pawn shop laws. Applies to all items.
Not at GS. Whether they're supposed to or not, some will sell the 'game' you just traded to the next customer in line.

I have about 20,000 points and trying to decide what to do with them. I've only burned through two of these coupons. Not sure what to get.

So this is a good way to get ass creed 4 cod g and bf4 for close to bf pricing and not deal with the rush. Borderlands 2 goty looks good if it's possible to find it lol.

I went to my local Gamestop to get an ipad 4 with the 25% off coupon.  The coupon didn't work, the clerk said it was because the ipad was already on sale for 10% off and you can't combine two promotions...  Not sure if he even knew what he was talking about.

I went to my local Gamestop to get an ipad 4 with the 25% off coupon. The coupon didn't work, the clerk said it was because the ipad was already on sale for 10% off and you can't combine two promotions... Not sure if he even knew what he was talking about.
i just bought one 10 mins ago. its not the 4 but still an ipad.

I went to my local Gamestop to get an ipad 4 with the 25% off coupon. The coupon didn't work, the clerk said it was because the ipad was already on sale for 10% off and you can't combine two promotions... Not sure if he even knew what he was talking about.
You could definitely stack them when I went yesterday.

I wonder what happened with my purchase?
Employee probably didn't know what they were doing and didn't hit F12 after they put the coupon in or if you had just the code didn't type it in right.It for sure does stack with the 10% off they are already giving.

Sweet, worked for me.  $303 OTD for 4th Gen 32gb iPad, mint condition.  Damn near bought a 16gb 3rd gen on craigslist yesterday for the same price

Thanks.

So you used 25% off coupon and there was an additional 10% off that model?

$449.99

- 50.00 (10%)

$404.99

- 101.25 (25%)

$303.74
That is correct, online shows $449.99 after 10% off, but in-store, regular price is $449.99 (before 10% off)

The only bad news, I haven't had credit there since last Christmas, so I had to use real money :)

Guy working there scanned my coupon, but it didn't come through for the purchase. I mentioned it, but he was confused about what I was talking about since I also did a trade in and thought I meant the 50% bonus for that. 

Think I can go back tomorrow with my coupon and have them return-rebuy it?

Guy working there scanned my coupon, but it didn't come through for the purchase. I mentioned it, but he was confused about what I was talking about since I also did a trade in and thought I meant the 50% bonus for that.

Think I can go back tomorrow with my coupon and have them return-rebuy it?
Yeah, the coupon didn't work because of the 50% trade in bonus.

Can you renew PUR with PUR points? I could have sworn I saw the option to before, but I'm no longer seeing that.
PURception... No I have never seen that option, but just because I haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not true. I do think if it was an option I would have done it though. Maybe it was a test market thing that was limited to certain people.

Got a Grade A 64GB Ipad 4th gen today.

From $521.99 > $357.14 (before taxes) with the 10% + 25% mystery coupon.

Got a game in the same transaction which also had 25% taken off of it.
Good deals!!

Grabbed Hitman Trilogy PS3 (Premium with the artbook)  $17ish

GTA 5 PS3 (Steelbook w/ Map) $37ish (selling on EBay)

Assassin's Creed Revelations PS3 (w/ AC1), and AC:Brotherhood together for $8  (Manager didn't want to do a separate transaction so he adjusted the cost of both to $8, instead of $11)

So...If I sell the copy of GTA, all of the above were free thanks to the 25% coupon and the B1G1/manager adjustment.  Thanks again guys.

Also traded in a 360 copy of GTA5 for $48 while buying a $1 copy of Kinect Adventures.

Can you renew PUR with PUR points? I could have sworn I saw the option to before, but I'm no longer seeing that.
Yeah the option is on there, just saw it today for the first time. Not sure if its unique to certain users, but the coupon states you can use it to upgrade or renew your membership, so I don't see why it would be limited.

bread's done
Back