Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

Zonic505

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

frys_01.png

walmart_01.png

dragons_crown.jpg

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they gave more with games instead of the typical Art Book. Feels like a cop out rather than an actual bonus.
I certainly agree, but we've gotten less (see: hideous Ivy bobblehead for SoulCalibur V). I'm happy with the bonus, if anything I just wish it was of a higher quality. A special box/sleeve to hold the game and the artbook would have been really neat too. The art is one of this game's main selling points (especially following the big Amazon/Sorceress debacle), so it seems like an appropriate bonus to me, if it could have been handled better. I'm honestly thinking of importing the JP version of the art-book.

My order shipped this early morning at 12.30am and should arrive tomorrow, I'm using a 30-day prime trial, 2-day shipping is free and works as release-date delivery.

Stii waiting on Amazon confirmation of shipment. Ordered the Vita version with prime shipping. I also took advantage of the 20% promo. I am crossing my fingers that the order will go through.

Mine says "shipping now", although I just got fsss - don't have prime. Hopefully it'll be in hand before the end of the week. I need this game in my life. 

As for the artbook, view it as the freebie it is. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see this game get a proper artbook from the likes of Udon down the line.

i rather have/ take steelbooks, than artbooks
I would rather have artbooks!

Haha as an Animator myself I have bookshelves FILLED with various artbooks for reference and inspiration and so any free one, no matter how small it may be, is welcomed!

On topic however, I called a few Gamestops in my area and they all said I had to wait until Tuesday. There was only one however that was able to give me one if I preordered just now even. They said the Vita preorders were already sold out but the PS3 one would be fine and that the employee would give me his copy of the artbook from his preorder (the last one they had) if I bought it from them.

He seemed very genuine and if this goes well and I get my book, then I will probably make that location my primary one just because of the good service!

for those of you being offered $10 credit that shouldn't be enough. its costing you an hour and 2 customer service phone calls. Its a waste of time due to their error. you should be telling them they should be giving you $20 if they want to keep you as a customer. Not to sound ungrateful but being forced to waste a ton of time on the phone just to get what you already had coming is wrong.

....or be grateful that they were compensated when some other companies wouldn't do even that.
I am on both sides.

I would definitely try to ask for more because it is kind of ridiculous but at the same time if after I tried and still just got the $10 I would be happy that I at least got that.

Newegg's shipping them out now. Just received my order and tracking confirmation. I've had it ordered since the end of August last year with one of the many $12 off promo codes they offered. Now to hope it doesn't come in all mangled. I ordered two Dead Islands last year when they were about $7.50 a piece and they stuck them in the same envelope and one box was busted all up. But I've also had them ship stuff in a cardboard box too. We'll see.

Got a confirmation email last night/early this morning that my copy has shipped.

I've only started using Amazon Prime and buying stuff on Amazon this past year or so and this is the first time I've bought a game at release date through Amazon. Do people every get the game a day early? Or is just same day as the release date?

Back on topic: Stoked as hell for this game.

....or be grateful that they were compensated when some other companies wouldn't do even that.
This. Bought something once from a store that used Digital River, they got my money but cancelled on me afterwards. Spent literally 40-60 hours on the phone during a 4 month time span just trying to get my money back. Eventually got my refund 4 months later from Digital River but they gave me nothing to make up for it so yeah, WAY WORSE companies than Newegg.

As for the artbook, view it as the freebie it is. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see this game get a proper artbook from the likes of Udon down the line.
They've been bringing over a lot of Atlus titles artbooks, so I'm hoping we get Odin Sphere, Muramasa, and Dragon's Crown from UDON eventually.

Got a confirmation email last night/early this morning that my copy has shipped.

I've only started using Amazon Prime and buying stuff on Amazon this past year or so and this is the first time I've bought a game at release date through Amazon. Do people every get the game a day early? Or is just same day as the release date?

Back on topic: Stoked as hell for this game.
Same day as release day unless you maybe live right next to an Amazon Warehouse where they get their shipments. Then depends on when your UPS driver arrives, you could get it early afternoon or late afternoon. I had one get to me later than 7 pm.

Newegg's shipping them out now. Just received my order and tracking confirmation. I've had it ordered since the end of August last year with one of the many $12 off promo codes they offered. Now to hope it doesn't come in all mangled. I ordered two Dead Islands last year when they were about $7.50 a piece and they stuck them in the same envelope and one box was busted all up. But I've also had them ship stuff in a cardboard box too. We'll see.

I didn't get shipping notice yet but I ordered mine in the same deal. Hopefully we get ours tues or wed :)

Tremendous doormat attitude you have there. The big corporations love you.
Never realized that a lack of an entitled attitude made me a doormat. Learn something new everyday.

Be grateful you got something for essentially nothing and realize there's much worse things to worry about.

Actually, I apologize. I am not meaning to say that my fellow CAGers time is "nothing", but I think I got my point across.

I think that this is what it really comes down to: No, these companies don't 'owe' us a bloody thing. That statement is muddied, however, when their idiocy and ineptitude leads to gigantic wastes of time that should have been completely avoidable or easily resolvable. When one is forced to spend an hour or more on the phone/in chats/etc these places are wasting time. I think that should have an inherent value, don't you? Is that being entitled, or is that expecting competency from companies and actually valuing one's own time.

No, I agree. That's why I tried to clarify at the end of my post. Was everyone who were affected owed something because of a lack of clarity on neweggs side? Sure. But you know...gift horse and all that.

Either way, I honestly do apologize for even starting this. Just having a bad day.

If you think this is bad, look at Newegg cancelling most if not all Xillia CE orders. Now THATS a screwup, and all they are offering is 10% off the standard LE

I agree with your argument, but at the same time 10$ off is way better than other companies will try.

If you think this is bad, look at Newegg cancelling most if not all Xillia CE orders. Now THATS a screwup, and all they are offering is 10% off the standard LE

I agree with your argument, but at the same time 10$ off is way better than other companies will try.
newegg has a habit of not fulfilling their preorder, when it comes to video games. they are the pretty bad behind digital river associated companies. when it comes to video games preoders amazon is probably first choice, then it would be bestbuy. If bestbuy cancels on you, they might actually compensate with the full amount, and a free dragons crown game. LOL

Lol yeah, Best Buy used to throw money at people. They accidentally double pinged my card for a Fire Emblem Awakening preorder, free 25$ GC in the mailbox days later.

I just miss my old store....the one here is really uptight (In a high class area)

Lol yeah, Best Buy used to throw money at people. They accidentally double pinged my card for a Fire Emblem Awakening preorder, free 25$ GC in the mailbox days later.

I just miss my old store....the one here is really uptight (In a high class area)
where did you move to now? they still throw money at people. the last incident was with the last of us surivial edition.

Ohio. Took them like 5 minutes to verify a price I pulled up directly from the Amazon app (along with my browser). And the employees just seemed super annoyed (I was friendly, no attitude or anything)

Ill likely just PM using the Premier Silver hotline, works well especially since they are open like 24 hours.

Ohio. Took them like 5 minutes to verify a price I pulled up directly from the Amazon app (along with my browser). And the employees just seemed super annoyed (I was friendly, no attitude or anything)

Ill likely just PM using the Premier Silver hotline, works well especially since they are open like 24 hours.
i feel like the bestbuy cs at their hotline/corporate are much friendlier. i think their corporate are based in minnesota? where did you live initially tho, before moving to ohio?

They've been bringing over a lot of Atlus titles artbooks, so I'm hoping we get Odin Sphere, Muramasa, and Dragon's Crown from UDON eventually.
I would be so psyched if they did this. Muramasa and Odin Sphere are beautiful games. I don't want to think about how great this would be because there hasn't been any indication that they'll ever be brought over.

Anyway, Amazon has my PS3 and Vita orders listed as Shipping Now as opposed to Shipping Soon. This minor distinction must be very important as I've never noticed it before. Still, I'm very excited :D.

Lived in Virginia most of my life. Employees all knew my name lol, manager even tried to convince me to work there a few times
this video is an example of what i meant regarding your tales of xilla collectors edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_jkUVgrc0

Tomorrow will be the last day I play Dragon's Crown, so if anyone wants to play with me just add me tonight. Keep in mind that you CAN find an AI version of me, which will be a HUGE aid when fighting harder bosses / the end boss. 

Tomorrow will be the last day I play Dragon's Crown, so if anyone wants to play with me just add me tonight. Keep in mind that you CAN find an AI version of me, which will be a HUGE aid when fighting harder bosses / the end boss.
Is that how the review code works?

Is that how the review code works?
I don't have a review copy, but no that is not how they work. Review codes and games (even test games) work exactly like any other game you buy. Once you redeem it, the game is yours to play / share / do whatever and will work till the day Sony kills the PSN. Also not that it matters, but review copies DID include the Vita version. Does that mean Atlus will sell a bundle on the PSN? Likely, but all I can say is that reviewers got both the PS3 and Vita version for free.

I don't have a review copy, but no that is not how they work. Review codes and games (even test games) work exactly like any other game you buy. Once you redeem it, the game is yours to play / share / do whatever and will work till the day Sony kills the PSN. Also not that it matters, but review copies DID include the Vita version. Does that mean Atlus will sell a bundle on the PSN? Likely, but all I can say is that reviewers got both the PS3 and Vita version for free.
Yeah I heard about that, which means that cross-buy was certainly not impossible, just purposely omitted. Not that I'm crying about that though. I REALLY wish they would have added cross-play.

i wonder what the sales number would be between dragons crown, and tales of xilla, since they are release on the same day.

Yeah I heard about that, which means that cross-buy was certainly not impossible, just purposely omitted. Not that I'm crying about that though. I REALLY wish they would have added cross-play.
They said cross-play was impossible, not cross-buy*, so it all comes down to your feelings on the matter. I don't mind their choice, but going cross-buy would have been a huge win for the Vita.

i wonder what the sales number would be between dragons crown, and tales of xilla, since they are release on the same day.
They're completely different demographics and Tales has a fairly small, but devoted fanbase. DC has a better chance of coming out on top, since there are a lot of Atlus faithful (not to mention fans of the genre, which are rarely made and Vanillaware fans), plus Atlus's woes might prompt some people to buy early to show them some support.

They said cross-play was impossible, not cross-buy*
Never meant to imply that they said that cross-buy was impossible, only that they could have done it if they so chose, as evidenced by the review codes. They said cross-play was literally impossible?

Never meant to imply that they said that cross-buy was impossible, only that they could have done it if they so chose, as evidenced by the review codes. They said cross-play was literally impossible?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/23/dragons-crown-for-ps3-ps-vita-melting-faces-on-august-6th/#comments

+ John Hardin on April 23rd, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as just ticking an “Enable Crossplay” box and having it in the game, or else we totally would have. There were some technical barriers on the dev side that made cross-play impossible.

Cross-save is still viable.

Too bad. i went for the cheaper Vita version, but I'm the only one in my immediate circle who has one so I guess I'll just have to make some new friends on Vita.
Add me on PSN, I will have a copy by tomorrow (Wednesday) after I pick it up from the UPS facility.

MG_Stryder

bread's done
Back