Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
What better way to shove it to Nintendo than to download the game on a modded Wii. If they don't want to have your money, why go out of your way to try and give it to them? fuck Nintendo.

Note: I don't pirate games, but in cases like this I don't blame any one here for doing so.

STOP NERD RAGING GUYS, OMG! YOU'RE ALL T4LK1NG IN C4PS!!1!1! AND US1NG 733T SP34K!!!1ONEEE11!

Yeah I don't think anyone is raging here. I find it fucking hilarious that people honestly do not want more games on a console. You don't think you'll like them, you don't like the genres, you think they look crappy or any other excuse not withstanding. How will getting MORE games impact you in a negative way? I'm almost god damn 100% positive it's just "I'm better than you" speeches since it's easy to sit on the sidelines and peanut gallery it up. As well known as it is, I think it needs to be remembered at times putting others down for any reason at all is a common tool to feel better and more superior about yourself. I hope it works for everyone that is literally back patting NOA at the moment for their decision.

I love it when I read european gamers go "well it looks like we're getting most or all of these releases...but yeah, it has sucked for us before and I don't wish that upon other gamers". These people are getting the games and can understand the frustration of another human being not getting them. So hats off to everyone like them, especially when they don't bring up some stupid "i told you so" because they had to endure it like it was the rest of our choice for them to get screwed out of games.

And the no more heroes franchise is somewhere around 900k according to vgchartz including all games/versions with #2 on wii at 300k+. First one actually sold better which in a way makes sense coming at the games from multiple angles, but that's really not a discussion for here.

[quote name='ssjmichael']What better way to shove it to Nintendo than to download the game on a modded Wii. If they don't want to have your money, why go out of your way to try and give it to them? fuck Nintendo.

Note: I don't pirate games, but in cases like this I don't blame any one here for doing so.[/QUOTE]
Well the other problem is they have made no real efforts for me to want to download stuff from them. I would gladly pay for games if they put the games I want on the Wii Shop, but since they refuse to, what else am I to do?

[quote name='Vortextk']Yeah I don't think anyone is raging here. I find it fucking hilarious that people honestly do not want more games on a console. You don't think you'll like them, you don't like the genres, you think they look crappy or any other excuse not withstanding. How will getting MORE games impact you in a negative way?[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, I agree 100%. I mean in this case I AM potentially very interested in these games, but I don't care if it's...hmm...well maybe I'd be little better in a thread demanding Microsoft release some horrible Kinect "game" or something, so nevermind :lol:

Still, come on, these are legitimate games from legitimate developers. It would be just as weird as someone being angry over other people being mad that the newest Madden or Halo or Mario or something wasn't being in the U.S.

While I'm no the subject, where the hell is Mother 3 again?!?

I can buy Hercules...but not Mother 3? Okay. Thanks Nintendo ;)

They really, REALLY need to just license this stuff out to third parties. I really don't have a big problem if they're too dumb to do it themselves, but I DO have a big problem if they won't let a third party do it. It's win win win for everyone involved, including (and probably especially) Nintendo. When they don't, it just seems spiteful.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It would be just as weird as someone being angry over other people being mad that the newest Madden or Halo or Mario or something wasn't being in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Europe hasn't gotten some Mario games over the years that we did, the most notable being Mario Super Sluggers, which has an international-like name to begin with (like Mario Strikers).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If anyone orders this, can you give a final price with shipping. I want to see how much this is going to cost total before biting on it.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it from Game.

Total cost AFTER shipping was 84.94

TOTALLY WORTH IT, for what many call the best RPG this gen.

I haven't seen many JRPG's, or any for that matter, that is nearly an open world RPG.

The game is said to be 100 hours long, WITHOUT doing sidequests.

Plus NOE is giving that red classic controller pro, plus fan-picked artwork for the boxart insert (on the opposite side), and a poster autographed by the director.

[quote name='megax11']I ordered it from Game.

I haven't seen many JRPG's, or any for that matter, that is nearly an open world RPG.

Plus NOE is giving that red classic controller pro, plus fan-picked artwork for the boxart insert (on the opposite side), and a poster autographed by the director.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a collector's edition. ~$85 for a collector's edition isn't bad.

I still can't finalize the transaction, though.

[quote name='shrike4242']Modding discussions aren't allowed on CAG.[/QUOTE]

That sounds asinine and anti-consumerist. Cheapy doesn't have any issues with us making North American Wiis play European/Japanese imports.

I dont want to get into a whole thing about TV signals and region coding, but even if you have a PAL Wii, this is not going to display properly on your NTSC TV.

I don't own a Wii, but damn I sure would get one just for this game. Been waiting all Gen for an rpg to really click with me, and now this comes around and NOA decides not to localize it. Go fuck yourself NOA.

[quote name='zenintrude']I dont want to get into a whole thing about TV signals and region coding, but even if you have a PAL Wii, this is not going to display properly on your NTSC TV.[/QUOTE]

I have disaster day of crisis and another code r, pal versions from the uk. The work fine.

[quote name='Nintendonly']That sounds asinine and anti-consumerist. Cheapy doesn't have any issues with us making North American Wiis play European/Japanese imports.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that modding discussion goes too far down the path of piracy discussion. It completely makes sense for Cheapy to want to keep piracy off of the site. There are lots of places out there on the web where you can find modding info if you want it, there's no reason it has to be here.

It's enough to say here (just to make sure that everyone's aware) that if you get this from the UK, you will not be able to play it on an unmodded US Wii. Beyond that, there's no need to discuss it further.

[quote name='zenintrude']I dont want to get into a whole thing about TV signals and region coding, but even if you have a PAL Wii, this is not going to display properly on your NTSC TV.[/QUOTE]

As long as you're running your Wii in 480p, it should display fine.

What about the NTSC vs PAL thing? Is that a non-issue in the HD TV era?

NOTE: I still don't have an HD flat screen--I'm milking my Trinitron until it melts.

[quote name='donssword']What about the NTSC vs PAL thing? Is that a non-issue in the HD TV era?

NOTE: I still don't have an HD flat screen--I'm milking my Trinitron until it melts.[/QUOTE]

As I said, as long as you're running in 480p (with a component cable), NTSC/PAL shouldn't be an issue. UK Wiis display 480p at 60Hz just like their US counterparts. If you're running at a lower resolution (depends on what your display supports), it will still be a problem.

Edit: Note, this is only for games that actually support 480p. Some older titles only support 576i/50 in their UK versions, which will not work on a US TV. I would assume that this title, being newer, will support 480p, but unless someone can confirm it, there are no guarantees of course.

933002_83466_back.jpg

Top right corner.

Any chance of people posting links like the OP did to actually pre-order this from different sites? Cause yeah, I want this game and had the same problem as the OP.

[quote name='Neg']Any chance of people posting links like the OP did to actually pre-order this from different sites? Cause yeah, I want this game and had the same problem as the OP.[/QUOTE]

Some sites to check-

zavvi.com
sendit.com
thehut.com
hmv.co.uk
asda.com

[quote name='Nintendonly']That sounds asinine and anti-consumerist. Cheapy doesn't have any issues with us making North American Wiis play European/Japanese imports.[/QUOTE]Since that involves modding consoles, then yes, he does, and that's why posts were deleted.

If you want to buy the game and play it on a PAL Wii, go right ahead. Discussions on how to work around modding a NTSC console to play it, that's an issue not for discussion on CAG. Plenty of places elsewhere on the Internet to find such items.

[quote name='arcane93']The problem is that modding discussion goes too far down the path of piracy discussion. It completely makes sense for Cheapy to want to keep piracy off of the site. There are lots of places out there on the web where you can find modding info if you want it, there's no reason it has to be here.

It's enough to say here (just to make sure that everyone's aware) that if you get this from the UK, you will not be able to play it on an unmodded US Wii. Beyond that, there's no need to discuss it further.[/QUOTE]Thank you.

FYI all three of the titles (xenoblade, last story, pandora's tower) have been CONFIRMED for europe at the japan gaming expo thing whatever(I'm not positive on the name) that just happened over there. I think both of the other two are looking at a 2012 release date. Assuming we never get them over here well there's your option, which I'm thinking NoA could be betting on anyone that cares so much will go this route; just a random thought.

[quote name='shrike4242']Since that involves modding consoles, then yes, he does, and that's why posts were deleted.

If you want to buy the game and play it on a PAL Wii, go right ahead. Discussions on how to work around modding a NTSC console to play it, that's an issue not for discussion on CAG. Plenty of places elsewhere on the Internet to find such items.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I can understand where you are coming from, but we are clearly buying the game, and we are not supplying the step-by-step procedure on how to mod an NTSC unit. We are just saying you have to mod it.

Done. Period.

[quote name='megax11']I ordered it from Game.

Plus NOE is giving that red classic controller pro, plus fan-picked artwork for the boxart insert (on the opposite side), and a poster autographed by the director.[/QUOTE]
How are you getting $84.94? I'm getting 54.94 GBP and like $88 USD.

[quote name='Nintendonly']zavvi.com has it up for £29.85, but it isn't the bundle because the bundle is exclusive to GAME.co.uk and Gamestation.co.uk.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-29-xenoblade-bundle-for-game-gamestation

I'll wait for Gamestation to put it up because GAME.co.uk is still giving me a hard time, and I'm not going to waste $1.50/minute to straighten it out.[/QUOTE]

Standard is also available at The Hut, free US Shipping. £29.85, comes out to around $48.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/nintendo-wii/xenoblade-chronicles/10501221.html

[quote name='Nintendonly']I'm seeing reports that thehut.com and zavvi.com are the same, just like GameStop.com and EBGames.com are the same.

thehut.com, sendit.com, zavvi.com, and asda.com are all run by the same company.[/QUOTE]

Completely forgot, haha, thanks.

[quote name='Optical']Has anyone been able to get Paypal to work? I doesn't seem like it redirects you to Paypal to link with the order.[/QUOTE]

Is that through GAME.co.uk or thehut.com?

I know that when I had an issue with sendit.com/thehut.com regarding not being able to select US for shipping, I had to email them and then they sent their tech department to work on the site. You may have to do the same.

GAME has still been unhelpful with straightening out their fraud checking system. My bank says it's not their end. GAME may just be total suckage.

[quote name='scarhawk']Isn't that just a Classic Controller Bundle, and not a CE?[/QUOTE]

There is more to it than just the red Classic Controller Pro.

3 digitally-signed works and a reversible cover. That's more like a collector's edition.

[quote name='Nintendonly']There is more to it than just the red Classic Controller Pro.

3 digitally-signed works and a reversible cover. That's more like a collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all the copies have a reversible cover. At least according to the xenosaga uk site it seems that way.

[quote name='Kenshindono']*sigh* really wish the wii was region free. I have no way to play this even if i import it =( fuck you nintendo. Seriously, fuck you[/QUOTE]

there are ways... we just cant speak of them here

[quote name='Nintendonly']There is more to it than just the red Classic Controller Pro.

3 digitally-signed works and a reversible cover. That's more like a collector's edition.[/QUOTE]
Apparently the posters are only available in Greece.

I'm tempted to pre-order this, but I also want to wait and try to get it on sale a little bit down the line.

Plus my Wii's drive has been sounding like a lawnmower for awhile now and I think it might be best to send it in for repair before getting any of these imports.

bread's done
Back