Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']zavvi.com has it up for £29.85, but it isn't the bundle because the bundle is exclusive to GAME.co.uk and Gamestation.co.uk.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-29-xenoblade-bundle-for-game-gamestation

I'll wait for Gamestation to put it up because GAME.co.uk is still giving me a hard time, and I'm not going to waste $1.50/minute to straighten it out.[/QUOTE]

I sent a message to Game's customer service & they are going to be call me today instead of me having to call them to get the order resolved. Just figured to let you know just in case you want to order right away.

Ordering from Zavvi/The Hut is tempting, but the last game they sent me got lost in transit & you have to wait a total of 30 days due to the Overseas delivery before you can inquire to get a refund. Granted, I had not a problem before this time (most of my orders came within 10 days to California).

[quote name='Nintendonly']Where the hell are you getting that from?

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/xenoblade_chronicles_classic_controller_pack_gets_detailed

^Says nothing about Greece.[/QUOTE]
Saw it posted somewhere, I guess the poster was mistaken.

As for thehut.com, apparently they and zavvi.com are really, really bad. See topic: The Zavvi Thread of Monumental Incompetence The gist:

Zavvi are known by much of EuroGAF as a company that sells a good selection of AAA titles at low prices and offers free shipping. In particular, with the high price of gaming in Continental Europe, it becomes particularly attractive to order from Zavvi, especially for no shipping cost.

However, it is becoming increasingly apparent, both through my own personal experience and the experience of others on here, that Zavvi have some fundamental flaws that should warn all but the bravest away from shopping with them.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've had 4 or 5 separate orders from Zavvi and never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

I had a problem with thehut.com in which my package got sent back to them because they didn't know how to straighten out a typo that made it seem like the US was inside the UK. It actually made its way to a US post office, but they had to send it back to a Royal Mail office in the UK. Total incompetence.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I had a problem with thehut.com in which my package got sent back to them because they didn't know how to straighten out a typo that made it seem like the US was inside the UK. It actually made its way to a US post office, but they had to send it back to a Royal Mail office in the UK. Total incompetence.[/QUOTE]
Was it a typo you made? If it was, then it was your own fault.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Was it a typo you made? If it was, then it was your own fault.[/QUOTE]

No, it was a typo they made. They even admitted it to me in an email.

Gamestation now has it up for preorder, but there is an error message that happens at the end regarding shipping, only for international customers.

Whoever runs GAME and Gamestation is a dipshit for not testing every possible order type to prevent these error messages. Looks like I'll have to buy it via eBay.

[quote name='Nintendonly']There is more to it than just the red Classic Controller Pro.

3 digitally-signed works and a reversible cover. That's more like a collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely consider the CE... if it wasn't so damn expensive. £50 just sounds way too much for it. I wish some other sites would start listing it so we could see some price wars.

The video of the game in HD was deleted just because it's shown on Dolphin? Wow, lmao. nice moderating there. I really discussed modding with that post! I merely posted it to show how beautiful the game looks in HD, but hey you do what you have to do.

This entire thread is a fucking joke to be honest. I'm guessing a lot of people here don't realize they would have to mod their Wii to even play this game. A mod should either put a note about that in the OP or move this shit to the regional section.

Last I checked this site does have a UK deal section, and this correct me again if I'm wrong is a deal from the UK: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

[quote name='ssjmichael']The video of the game in HD was deleted just because it's shown on Dolphin?

Wow, lmao. nice moderating there. I really discussed modding with that post!

This entire thread is a fucking joke to be honest. I'm guessing a lot of people here don't realize they would have to mod their Wii to even play this game. A mod should either put a note about that in the OP or move this shit to the regional section.[/QUOTE]

What's actually a joke is the fact that your post got deleted. Anti-consumerism for the motherfucking win!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Can I use my US account to order?[/QUOTE]

I use my US account all the time for amazon.co.uk, so I'd say so.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... looks like it costs more.:whistle2:? Maybe this is what the price will end up being.[/QUOTE]

Actually, after doing the conversion on Google, it costs the same. And yeah, I'd say a niche title with those kinds of goodies would be charged ~$85 in North America, too. Then again, North America wouldn't get that kind of bundle. We'd just get the standard game, which is showing up as ~$48 USD (after conversion) everywhere.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I use my US account all the time for amazon.co.uk, so I'd say so.[/QUOTE]

To order games? Amazon usually will not allow shipping of games from their European arms to the US. It simply won't let you place the order if you use a US shipping address.

[quote name='bojay1997']To order games? Amazon usually will not allow shipping of games from their European arms to the US. It simply won't let you place the order if you use a US shipping address.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the seller/warehouse/etcetera. Anyway, you could try one of those redirect shipping places. Not sure if they are free, which would ruin the whole point of finding it cheaper.

The twitter account and I'm sure elsewhere for oprainfall are talking about hearing from someone at nintendo we are getting at the very least last story/xenoblade(with xenoblade apparently done?). I'm as skeptic as the next and while good news it is obviously completely rumor at this point since they don't seem to want to share information about the person as if true it sounds like it should still be hush hush.

I'm just spreading word so don't go off half cocked at me if you don't believe it. Also logically think that these guys absolutely do NOT want to start rumors about any of these games coming out as sheer lies because that in the end hurts their movement. I don't know if that makes it more believable, but think before you type and maybe be ready to hit cancel unless you really want the special edition version from overseas.

[quote name='Nintendonly']It depends on the seller/warehouse/etcetera. Anyway, you could try one of those redirect shipping places. Not sure if they are free, which would ruin the whole point of finding it cheaper.[/QUOTE]

So in other words, when you claimed you order from Amazon's European arms all the time, that was total BS, right?

Looks like the floodgates opened up, ShopTo.net finally listed the pre-order for £30, but it's for the version without the classic controller.

http://www.shopto.net/WII/VIDEO%20GAMES/WIIXE01-Xenoblade%20Chronicles.html

My email ping-pong with Game.co.uk over their refusal to accept my CC has resulted in one apology, one claim that nothing is wrong, and the ultimate stall tactic of turning the issue over to "technical services" who will get back with me in 5-10 business days.

Just tried Gamestation.co.uk and encountered the same checkout glitch where it won't let you select a shipping method if you aren't in the U.K.

I'm still holding out hope that Game or Gamestation will pan out, but if I can't get it sorted in the next week or so, I'll just pull the trigger on the standard edition at ShopTo.net. I have bought from them before and they're generally pretty good.

[quote name='bojay1997']So in other words, when you claimed you order from Amazon's European arms all the time, that was total BS, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because I only did it once, and that was for a Euro version of Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow.

FINALLY! If any of you are having issues with GAME.co.uk and Gamestation.co.uk, use their other sister site Gameplay.co.uk to order.

I didn't have any problems.

Anyone ever order from ASDA.co.uk? Looks like they have the best price running right now on the regular edition. 29.91GBP with free shipping to the US. Use coupon code JULYNIN to take another 10% off (expires July 10 @ midnight)

[quote name='Nintendonly']FINALLY! If any of you are having issues with GAME.co.uk and Gamestation.co.uk, use their other sister site Gameplay.co.uk to order.

I didn't have any problems.[/QUOTE]

I'mm assuming that this is the Bundle version based on the price since they don't have a picture or a description, but at least I was able to complete my order without any of the same BS from those other sites.

I guess Gamestation won the privilege of my business.

Thanks for the tip, Nintendonly!

So why would I want to buy this at import prices? I love JRPGs like Skies of Arcadia, the Tales series, etc. But I don't know much about this game.

[quote name='Kidd.o']So why would I want to buy this at import prices? I love JRPGs like Skies of Arcadia, the Tales series, etc. But I don't know much about this game.[/QUOTE]

Game was directed by Tetsuya Takahashi. Used to work for Square Enix now works with the developer Monolith Soft on this title. Xenogears and Xenosaga are the connected titles that people go to with him. At least for me I love Gears, Saga is kind of a mess in my eyes.

From what I've heard it's like the top rated RPG in Japan this generation with a similar FF12 battle system. The soundtrack is gorgeous and the story is evidently enjoyable from impressions I've read.

It's not coming out in America as far as we know so that's why there's import demand realistically. People want to be able to play good content and Nintendo of Europe/Monolith Soft deserves the money for bringing it to us.

That's pretty much the short version of it.

You know how a lot of people complain jrpgs are stuck in a rut because for a lot of releases they honestly are? Well this is a really good next step evolution of it.

Kind of open worldy like ff12 but better is I guess the only description I can give just from watching and reading about the game. You can change which character you control, and they all end up playing different. Day/night cycle, weather changes, a massive soundtrack, very good graphics for the wii atleast, real time cutscenes which feature customizable armor on I believe every character.

The reviews and word of mouth is just good. There aren't a lot of buts thrown in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='POMusashi']Anyone ever order from ASDA.co.uk? Looks like they have the best price running right now on the regular edition. 29.91GBP with free shipping to the US. Use coupon code JULYNIN to take another 10% off (expires July 10 @ midnight)[/QUOTE]

Pre-order moved. $42 is 2/3 the price I was expecting this to run me. Hopefully another retailer pops up with a bigger discount.

[quote name='POMusashi']Anyone ever order from ASDA.co.uk? Looks like they have the best price running right now on the regular edition. 29.91GBP with free shipping to the US. Use coupon code JULYNIN to take another 10% off (expires July 10 @ midnight)[/QUOTE]

I tried to order from them but their system will not take any card info from the USA

[quote name='SkankButta']I beg to differ. ;)[/QUOTE]

If I cant find a place to order this game (reg edition) I am going to have to agree with you

[quote name='mortalfloater']Just ordered from http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk. It came out to £26.92 shipped.[/QUOTE]

What was your payment method?

I tried using Visa but United States wasnt an option in the drop-down menu

I tried Paypal but it wouldn't let me input paypal info

[quote name='uthoria']What was your payment method?

I tried using Visa but United States wasnt an option in the drop-down menu

I tried Paypal but it wouldn't let me input paypal info[/QUOTE]

I used Visa. The United States option was below the UK. I had to scroll down. I put my street address in the first text box with the red asterisk and the city/state in the second text box with the red asterisk. Let me know if it works....

[quote name='mortalfloater']I used Visa. The United States option was below the UK. I had to scroll down. I put my street address in the first text box with the red asterisk and the city/state in the second text box with the red asterisk. Let me know if it works....[/QUOTE]

I did that when I first tried to check out....received an error message and now United States is not available on the list at all when I try to input my card info.

[quote name='uthoria']I did that when I first tried to check out....received an error message and now United States is not available on the list at all when I try to input my card info.[/QUOTE]

Weird. Maybe your account needs to be reset or something?

Is anyone else having problems ordering from here? My order now says "Awaiting Stock Pick", so I don't know if they're charging my card soon....

[quote name='Kidd.o']So why would I want to buy this at import prices? I love JRPGs like Skies of Arcadia, the Tales series, etc. But I don't know much about this game.[/QUOTE]

This game has a phenominal soundtrack, amazing graphics (despite the Wii's limitations), and really engaging gameplay.

I played about 2 hours of the Japanese version and was blown away by the amazing art direction. The landscapes are breathtaking and the camera angles add a layer of drama that I did not expect. When you see cutscenes in a game, the camera angles and framing are usually different than the actual gameplay. Cutscenes are usually designed to give you the most exciting and engaging visual experience without having to worry about how you're going to control it. In this game, all of the gameplay looks like a cutscene. It's all framed for maximum visual enjoyment, and the free-floating camera lets you adjust it more than any game I can remember playing. There is something amazing about running towards an open sky, that I just can't properly put into words.

The soundtrack, imho, is one of the best game soundtracks made in recent years. I'm going to shell out money to actually buy the soundtrack because it's that good. Of, course, that's all a matter of taste, but it easily eclipses anything I've heard in Skies of Arcadia or any of the Tales games. (And I LOVED the music from the SFC version of Tales of Phantasia)

The gameplay is distinctly "Xeno" in the sense that each character has regular and special attacks, and a certain amount of attack power per round. You have to decide whether to save up your attack power to use your special moves, or attack with standard moves for the sake of attacking first. In the two hours that I played, the battles never even started to get boring or repetitive.

I have some formal Japanese training so I can read and understand a lot of what is going on, however I'm not proficient enough that it comes easily, so it represents a significant chore for me to play through a game like this in Japanese. I was prepared to do so in this case because the game is just so damn good. But my preference is to play this in English because I can just enjoy it without working so hard. When NOA dropped the ball on this one I had zero hesitation about importing it from Europe.

Before I played this game I could have taken it or left it - I could have cared less about the hype. After playing for a couple of hours I became obsessed with it. Not only is it fully worth the cost of importing it, it is also worth the expense of securing a PAL Wii console to do so. The game was released over a year ago in Japan, but look at the prices for the JP version on Ebay. I could be wrong, but this looks like Terranigma all over again.

ok at that price i had to succumb and preorder. now i know we cant talk about modding so i wont even ask. what im curious on is will a pal wii system play on an american tv at all??? will this game obviously once a wii is soft modded play on an american tv at all no issues?? i just want to make sure that i wont a)destroy my own wii system and b) will actually be able to play this. i honestly havent touched my wii system in over a year cause of lack of good rpgs on it. this game looks amazing though.

bread's done
Back