Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pete5883']Surely you can't be serious. You realize some people *need* to do this for some reason or another, right?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, PO Boxes are usually used by people who do shady dealings in some form.

But maybe that's just me.

Sorry to butt in and ask this, but which stores are good to order from that have the "collectors" version (the one with the red controller)?

[quote name='prateeko']Sorry to butt in and ask this, but which stores are good to order from that have the "collectors" version (the one with the red controller)?[/QUOTE]

The Collector's Edition is exclusive to GAME and it's partners.

Here are the three websites that have the bundle:
http://www.game.co.uk
http://www.gamestation.co.uk
http://www.gameplay.co.uk

Be sure to check some of the other posts in this thread (including my own) regarding some potential issues for buyers importing it to the US. Good luck! :)

well for anyone that has gameinformer the newest issue states that nintendo might be releasing at least last story here stateside. they quoted nintendo has received its license tag for the last story in the us. im hoping thats a good sign for us.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Wait. Aren't NA wiis :wii: region locked? Would my NA :wii: play a EU game ?8-[[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's region locked. Yes, a NA system can play an EU game. Can't go over the details on this forum. Just google it, there are lots of sites to tell you what to do.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']The Collector's Edition is exclusive to GAME and it's partners.

Here are the three websites that have the bundle:
http://www.game.co.uk
http://www.gamestation.co.uk
http://www.gameplay.co.uk

Be sure to check some of the other posts in this thread (including my own) regarding some potential issues for buyers importing it to the US. Good luck! :)[/QUOTE]

That sucks but other than actual issue or purchasing, is GAME known to ship properly or is there a chance of damage in transit?

[quote name='gauu']well for anyone that has gameinformer the newest issue states that nintendo might be releasing at least last story here stateside. they quoted nintendo has received its license tag for the last story in the us. im hoping thats a good sign for us.[/QUOTE]

Hope so too. xenoblade needs to come here!

Ok question. Is there any retailer that has the 29.99 edition of the game and accepts US Paypal? I tried Asda, The Hut, Zavvi and the fuckers wont let me complete a Paypal transaction.

My bank wont let me use the card to buy internationally (I don't want to have to spend 30 minutes on hold either).

Thanks

[quote name='codeblue']The only other two retailers I can think of are 365games.co.uk and Sendit.com, so you might try there.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, got a copy at 365games.co.uk.

I had a lot of issues trying to buy from Zavvi.
Couldn't use my paypal and when I put in my Adress and Credit Card I got all kinds of issues.

It never wanted to let me input the information in a US way, which is odd since they obviously ship to the US not just EU.

Ended up going to game.co.uk which was much easier.
Though they have a 5 shipping charge to the US (not sure if the others do or not).

Also went and bought a wii off ebay for 70 so I can hack it to be region free while leaving my actual wii alone.
Now I just have to play the waiting game and wait for both of them to get here.

This is the first time i have ever imported anythign form the UK what are shipping times usually lik through royal mail?

[quote name='johnmirra']This is the first time i have ever imported anythign form the UK what are shipping times usually lik through royal mail?[/QUOTE]

I've ordered the Alien Quadrilogy Bluray from amazon.co.uk and it actually got here pretty quick. It was about 2 weeks or less. Though obviously that was amazon so it might differ.

All I know is apparently my payment is still processing for game.co.uk wonder how long that'll take

my gameplay.co.uk order actually shipped 3 days before the game was even released so i was pretty happy about that.

[quote name='johnmirra']my gameplay.co.uk order actually shipped 3 days before the game was even released so i was pretty happy about that.[/QUOTE]

If it did then you should be getting it any day now

I dont hate nintendo yet, ill hate them if they decide to release this domestically after they already forced our hand into importing.

[quote name='AugustAPC']We shouldn't have to import and mod our systems just to play some of the best games it has to offer.[/QUOTE]

totally agreed, between this and the 3ds debacle nintendos PR doesnt look so great lately.

If anything nintendo needs to cut it out with the pointless region locking.
It's outdated, worthless, and pointless and justs handicaps the system for fans.

PS3 and PSP region free
360 leaves it up to the Publisher whether they want to make discs region free or not (better than nothing)

It's really pointless for Nintendo to have this system in place it really is and I wish someone would slap some sense into them and make them realize that.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']If anything nintendo needs to cut it out with the pointless region locking.
It's outdated, worthless, and pointless and justs handicaps the system for fans.

PS3 and PSP region free
360 leaves it up to the Publisher whether they want to make discs region free or not (better than nothing)

It's really pointless for Nintendo to have this system in place it really is and I wish someone would slap some sense into them and make them realize that.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate region lock, it is certainly not pointless. Publishers are offer different between different regions. Many games got a different publisher in Japan, Europe, and USA.

[quote name='62t']As much as I hate region lock, it is certainly not pointless. Publishers are offer different between different regions. Many games got a different publisher in Japan, Europe, and USA.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but seeing how the PS3 is region free it makes me wonder, why Nintendo is pushing for region locking (with the 3DS), and Sony doesn't care. Is it for money?

Hopefully my order ships sometime this week. Not really worried about getting it anytime soon but more so just getting it safely undamaged to my mailbox.

Anybody who's thinking about doing the Dolphin Emulator route: don't. It simply doesn't work that well... yet. I get 35 fps on Donkey Kong Country, which isn't too bad, and 4-5 fps on Super Mario Galaxy during gameplay (though it runs smoothly during cut-scenes), which makes it unplayable. And no, it's not my hardware- their website says hardware after the minimum requirements won't help that much and I easily meet the requirements. Regardless of what resolution I run it at, there's no change in the fps I get.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, but seeing how the PS3 is region free it makes me wonder, why Nintendo is pushing for region locking (with the 3DS), and Sony doesn't care. Is it for money?

Hopefully my order ships sometime this week. Not really worried about getting it anytime soon but more so just getting it safely undamaged to my mailbox.[/QUOTE]

I was actually really surprised when Nintendo said the 3DS is region locked, since all of their previous handhelds have been region free. I love Sony for the PS3 being region free and for them to keep the Vita region free... I was afraid they'd region lock it since Nintendo started to but luckily, they didn't.

That's my whole thing agaisn't nintendo region locking.
Sony has had no problems keeping their devices region free.

If anything Nintendo needs to go the Xbox route then and let it be up to the Developer or something if they game is Region Locked or not.

Would this be a big issue for Xenoblade coming to europe and not NA if the wii was region free from the get go?

Keeping my fingers crossed that the hole in the wall store that sells imports in my area will have this.

As much as Nintendo likes money, you'd think they'd want to release the game over here after all the hoopla. Doesn't make any sense to me.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, but seeing how the PS3 is region free it makes me wonder, why Nintendo is pushing for region locking (with the 3DS), and Sony doesn't care. Is it for money?

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jawmuncher']That's my whole thing agaisn't nintendo region locking.
Sony has had no problems keeping their devices region free.

If anything Nintendo needs to go the Xbox route then and let it be up to the Developer or something if they game is Region Locked or not.

[/QUOTE]

Sony actually went after importers like lik-sang and play-asia. Lik Sang went out of business as a result and play-asia didn't ship Sony games to Europe for a long time. I am actually surprise that Vita is going to be region free after the lawsuit with PSP import.

[quote name='Vinny']Anybody who's thinking about doing the Dolphin Emulator route: don't. It simply doesn't work that well... yet. I get 35 fps on Donkey Kong Country, which isn't too bad, and 4-5 fps on Super Mario Galaxy during gameplay (though it runs smoothly during cut-scenes), which makes it unplayable. And no, it's not my hardware- their website says hardware after the minimum requirements won't help that much and I easily meet the requirements. Regardless of what resolution I run it at, there's no change in the fps I get.[/QUOTE]
Other people have got it running fine, though it does seem to have high hardware requirements.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']If anything nintendo needs to cut it out with the pointless region locking.

PS3 and PSP region free

It's really pointless for Nintendo to have this system in place it really is and I wish someone would slap some sense into them and make them realize that.[/QUOTE]

agreed....sony got that right this generation....region locking is ridiculous....

[quote name='Vinny']Anybody who's thinking about doing the Dolphin Emulator route: don't. It simply doesn't work that well... yet. I get 35 fps on Donkey Kong Country, which isn't too bad, and 4-5 fps on Super Mario Galaxy during gameplay (though it runs smoothly during cut-scenes), which makes it unplayable. And no, it's not my hardware- their website says hardware after the minimum requirements won't help that much and I easily meet the requirements. Regardless of what resolution I run it at, there's no change in the fps I get. [/QUOTE]

The game runs perfectly fine in Dolphin, loads much faster and runs a lot better on my computer than when I played it on the Wii.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Thanks, got a copy at 365games.co.uk.[/QUOTE]

Anybody have any idea how long they take to ship to America? The game went out of stock again at Game but 365games has it for £33.99 with free shipping to the US.

[quote name='62t']Sony actually went after importers like lik-sang and play-asia. Lik Sang went out of business as a result and play-asia didn't ship Sony games to Europe for a long time. I am actually surprise that Vita is going to be region free after the lawsuit with PSP import.[/QUOTE]

The issue was Lik-Sang selling modchips, not imports. Get your facts straight.

[quote name='Vinny']Really? Maybe it depends on the game...

This is what Mario Galaxy runs like for me (not my video):[/QUOTE]

It will vary depending on your system and settings. Make sure you check out what other people are using for settings. I've heard a lot of people can run it really well on their machines.

Anyone use ShopTO to import the game? Mine's been listed as "Overseas" since last Wednesday on the tracking site. Wondering how much longer it's going to take before it finally arrives.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']The game runs perfectly fine in Dolphin, loads much faster and runs a lot better on my computer than when I played it on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I have to quote you again and thank you. I figured I was SoL but I "obtained" the game to try it out... and it runs smoothly, as you said. The audio skips a lot and echoes during cutscenes but the actual game runs perfectly (though a bit too bright... I need to figure out how to adjust the gamma).

Now if my actual copy would arrive...

[quote name='Vinny']I have to quote you again and thank you. I figured I was SoL but I "obtained" the game to try it out... and it runs smoothly, as you said. The audio skips a lot and echoes during cutscenes but the actual game runs perfectly (though a bit too bright... I need to figure out how to adjust the gamma).

Now if my actual copy would arrive...[/QUOTE]

Look around the dolphin forums and some other forums, I believe there's a patch somewhere for the audio or some settings that fix it. (try this page to start)

[quote name='Vinny']I have to quote you again and thank you. I figured I was SoL but I "obtained" the game to try it out... and it runs smoothly, as you said. The audio skips a lot and echoes during cutscenes but the actual game runs perfectly (though a bit too bright... I need to figure out how to adjust the gamma).

Now if my actual copy would arrive...[/QUOTE]
Weird, I don't get any sound problems. Only the first cutscene in the game was kinda choppy so far.

[quote name='chair_home']Look around the dolphin forums and some other forums, I believe there's a patch somewhere for the audio or some settings that fix it. (try this page to start)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found one but it was basically the Dolphin Emulator with some settings changed. It didn't really help...

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Weird, I don't get any sound problems. Only the first cutscene in the game was kinda choppy so far.[/QUOTE]

I fixed the brightness issue (it was because lighting effects were disable due to Mario Galaxy) but no matter what I try, there's some echoing/choppy audio during gameplay and cut-scenes. But this game looks so nice running at 720p with 4x AA and 4x AF.

[quote name='62t']It was due to them selling PSP to Europe. They stopped selling modchip in 2002 and closed in 2006

http://www.lik-sang.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lik_Sang[/QUOTE]

Weird. I could have sworn I was reading Kotaku and Joystiq in 2006 covering the issue and it was due to them selling modchips.

Unless they were just recapping that part of Lik-Sang's lawsuit history in their respective articles and I remembered wrong.

Then again, I seem to always be wrong on these boards. *remembers the Walmart selling 3DS at $169 early but required associates to put it in the system and wasn't done by home office computers situation*

As promised....

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

I know, I'm just kind of bummed that Gameplay cancelled my order at the last minute... and I didn't want the regular edition from the other British online retailers, who would actually accept my order no probs.

I'll have to go without in the meantime and wait for a price drop. Plus, I already have a back-catalog to sift through. So no real loss.

bread's done
Back