Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gauu']ok at that price i had to succumb and preorder. now i know we cant talk about modding so i wont even ask. what im curious on is will a pal wii system play on an american tv at all??? will this game obviously once a wii is soft modded play on an american tv at all no issues?? i just want to make sure that i wont a)destroy my own wii system and b) will actually be able to play this. i honestly havent touched my wii system in over a year cause of lack of good rpgs on it. this game looks amazing though.[/QUOTE]

this is my issue too. i want to preorder so bad bc it looks amazing. but then i either have to softmod, go the Dolphin route on my laptop, or buy a PAL Wii. want to avoid buying another Wii that's a lot of expense to play a game. but we're not allowed to talk about the other 2 options here. if anyone could PM me and help me figure it out i'd GREATLY appreciate it.

link since its not modding or anything illegal related talk wise. the pms i got from others basically made me decide to get this. yes it works on us tvs so and the soft modding is safe for your system. this is what i was worried on so all in all its like buying it for the same price nintendo would release it for. im happy and been really wanting to play this and last story as the nintendo wii imho for an rpg player is failing badly. cant wait to get this.

Could someone PM me the same details? I have looked the game up on YouTube and it definitely seems like an enjoyable JRPG that I would like. Shame on NoA.

But yeah, hit me up with a PM, ya'll!

I sent the PMs to the 3 users who asked.

Also, buy Disaster: Day of Crisis. Decent game.

And... I wasn't a fan of it, but you could also try Another Code: R.

The Xenoblade Chronicles release date seems to have been bumped up to August 19th, two full weeks early! Just received this from GAME.co.uk:

"As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Xenoblade Chronicles has changed to 19-Aug-2011. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control."

EDIT: now officially announced
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...set_to_be_released_two_weeks_early_43852.html

I like how it's automated, "unfortunately". I have half a mind of not getting the game if it's coming out early, how dare they!

I have a pre-order placed through thehut already, but their page still shows the ship date as September 2nd. I'm wondering if I should keep my order with them or switch to 365games, since I'm only interested in the standard edition and they have the new August 19th date. Does anyone have experience with both retailers that would recommend one over the other?

Gameplay.co.uk finally updated their page to show that they have the CE version as well as the new date.

[quote name='boko']I have a pre-order placed through thehut already, but their page still shows the ship date as September 2nd. I'm wondering if I should keep my order with them or switch to 365games, since I'm only interested in the standard edition and they have the new August 19th date. Does anyone have experience with both retailers that would recommend one over the other?[/QUOTE]

Some retailers are slower than others. Just give them time.

[quote name='johnmirra']well i preorderd the bundle from gameplay.co.uk came to about 88.50 USD[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm paying, too. Let's hope the exchange rate works out in our favour by the time the game releases.

I mean favor.

[quote name='Nintendonly']That's what I'm paying, too. Let's hope the exchange rate works out in our favour by the time the game releases.

I mean favor.[/QUOTE]

well figure 20 for the classic controller and 50 for the game and we arent paying a totally insane premium.

considering i have 2 classic controllers already i got just the game for 43 and change. im just hoping i dont have any issues doing the soft mod stuff as this game looks amazing. on a side note i saw someone posted they were getting the soundtrack........are there any good sites to get a legit one for a decent deal????

[quote name='gauu']considering i have 2 classic controllers already i got just the game for 43 and change. im just hoping i dont have any issues doing the soft mod stuff as this game looks amazing. on a side note i saw someone posted they were getting the soundtrack........are there any good sites to get a legit one for a decent deal????[/QUOTE]

where'd you pick it up for 43? ASDA when the coupon worked?

sadly i did not order in time. thought the 10% code worked until the end of july for some reason.

[quote name='Vinny']Amazon UK doesn't ship games to the US...[/QUOTE]

Not a problem as I am getting a friend in UK to order for me.

Everyone thinking about importing these games may want to take a look here before you confirm the order:

http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/2011/07/source-ntsc-xenoblade-done-last-story.html

Now, obviously we aren't any closer to getting a true confirmation yet, but I really don't think it would be in OpRainfall's best interest to damage its credibility by spreading rumors without some confidence in their source. I'm not saying don't import, just to read this post and decide if you would rather import now or wait a bit longer and potentially import later if things don't pan out.

And to everyone that does import (and to those that choose to "seed the clouds" themselves), please consider buying an NTSC copy of the games (new, not used) when/if they do release to send NoA a message that their decision to localize these games paid off.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']Everyone thinking about importing these games may want to take a look here before you confirm the order:

http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/2011/07/source-ntsc-xenoblade-done-last-story.html

Now, obviously we aren't any closer to getting a true confirmation yet, but I really don't think it would be in OpRainfall's best interest to damage its credibility by spreading rumors without some confidence in their source. I'm not saying don't import, just to read this post and decide if you would rather import now or wait a bit longer and potentially import later if things don't pan out.

And to everyone that does import (and to those that choose to "seed the clouds" themselves), please consider buying an NTSC copy of the games (new, not used) when/if they do release to send NoA a message that their decision to localize these games paid off.[/QUOTE]

I think we already point out that only meant they tested the game in USA. Other PAL only games were also tested in America.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']Everyone thinking about importing these games may want to take a look here before you confirm the order:

And to everyone that does import (and to those that choose to "seed the clouds" themselves), please consider buying an NTSC copy of the games (new, not used) when/if they do release to send NoA a message that their decision to localize these games paid off.[/QUOTE]

Also, NOA has completely localized games in the past and not released them. ASH and Disaster: Day of Crisis, for example.

Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Looks like asda-entertainment.co.uk is running their 10% off Nintendo game/accessories coupon again. Use coupon code ASDAGAME to get Xenoblade standard edition for 26.92GBP, free shipping. Coupon expires 7/21 @ midnight (most likely UK time).

it does but you need to soft mod the wii. i was nervous at first but with a lot of pms from helpers on here im not anymore. sorry i cant discuss it here.

Someone else probably knows better, but it looks like you can also buy the game and play it on a pc emulator, assuming you have a powerful enough pc. There are specific dvd drives they are selling on ebay that can read wii/gamecube discs. I'm thinking about that since I don't want to mod my wii.

I've tried ordering the special edition/red controller bundle from all three variations of GAME (game.co.uk, gameplay.co.uk, gamestation.co.uk) with no success.

game.co.uk won't work because of the antifraud alert, and I've tried two different cards. :cry:

gameplay.co.uk won't work because the delivery address and billing address must be the same for new customers and they won't ship to PO Boxes--my billing address is a PO Box but my shipping address is not, so I'm SOL. This goes for both cards. :wall:

gamestation.co.uk seems to have a totally fucked checkout system that is poorly coded and buggy as hell. Says you can pay with PayPal but there's no PayPal checkout button. If you try to change the delivery address, the "Continue" button completely vanishes and you can't continue. If you finally make it to the checkout page, it wants you to specify delivery options (as in delivery outside of the UK) but does NOT allow you the option, so there's no way to continue. :bomb:

I've read about other people here having these same issues on all three sites, but nobody has posted a reliable solution. Is there anybody from the U.S. who has successfully placed a preorder that can tell me what I need to do?

Update: Called my credit card company and explained the situation; they had me attempt the purchase online while they were still on the phone, and everything went through fine. Got an order confirmation and everything.

[quote name='bruceg']Someone else probably knows better, but it looks like you can also buy the game and play it on a pc emulator, assuming you have a powerful enough pc. There are specific dvd drives they are selling on ebay that can read wii/gamecube discs. I'm thinking about that since I don't want to mod my wii.[/QUOTE]

I recently did that, bought one of those drives and tried it with some games.

If you check the site, you'll notice that they say a really powerful PC won't run the games that much better than one that just meets the specs. That seems to be true because regardless of what settings I use, I always get the same FPS. I only tried it with Donkey Kong Country and I average about 30 FPS regardless of whether I'm playing it at 480p settings or 720p settings (can't do 1080p b/c my monitor doesn't go that might) with some stuttering. Supposedly, there are some games that work better than others. I haven't gotten a chance to test this yet with any games though since it takes 3+ hours to dump a game.

I'll say this though, the game looks great in HD. I played a bit on my TV and was amazed by the quality.

[quote name='bigdbo622']I got a confirmation from thehut this morning that my order of Xenoblade has been dispatched...estimated 10 - 15 days.[/QUOTE]

Same here, dispatched today from asda-entertainment.

i gotta hack my wii still will be doing it over the week for sure. fwb spoiler free of course how long does it take to do the homebrew.

[quote name='gauu']i gotta hack my wii still will be doing it over the week for sure. fwb spoiler free of course how long does it take to do the homebrew.[/QUOTE]

Ummm maybe 20-30 minutes

[quote name='OtakuFerret']I've tried ordering the special edition/red controller bundle from all three variations of GAME (game.co.uk, gameplay.co.uk, gamestation.co.uk) with no success.

game.co.uk won't work because of the antifraud alert, and I've tried two different cards. :cry:

gameplay.co.uk won't work because the delivery address and billing address must be the same for new customers and they won't ship to PO Boxes--my billing address is a PO Box but my shipping address is not, so I'm SOL. This goes for both cards. :wall:

gamestation.co.uk seems to have a totally fucked checkout system that is poorly coded and buggy as hell. Says you can pay with PayPal but there's no PayPal checkout button. If you try to change the delivery address, the "Continue" button completely vanishes and you can't continue. If you finally make it to the checkout page, it wants you to specify delivery options (as in delivery outside of the UK) but does NOT allow you the option, so there's no way to continue. :bomb:

I've read about other people here having these same issues on all three sites, but nobody has posted a reliable solution. Is there anybody from the U.S. who has successfully placed a preorder that can tell me what I need to do?[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that it is your fault for having a PO Box instead of having products shipped straight to your house.

[quote name='POMusashi']Same here, dispatched today from asda-entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Me three. If this goes well, I'll be looking to get Last Story from them as well.

[quote name='Nintendonly']All I can say is that it is your fault for having a PO Box instead of having products shipped straight to your house.[/QUOTE]
Surely you can't be serious. You realize some people *need* to do this for some reason or another, right?

[quote name='Nintendonly']All I can say is that it is your fault for having a PO Box instead of having products shipped straight to your house.[/QUOTE]

I don't have products shipped to a PO Box; that's my billing address. Our house is in a rural area where we don't have a physical mailbox, only a PO Box. I have all my products shipped to my work address in town. Hence the two separate addresses.

I ordered my copy from ShopTo. I heard good things about them, and I was hoping that paying for shipping would mean I could get it earlier than from a free shipping vendor.

Now that I'm reading how Zavvi is already shipping copies, though, I wonder if I should reconsider buying from them.

[quote name='gauu']i gotta hack my wii still will be doing it over the week for sure. fwb spoiler free of course how long does it take to do the homebrew.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not going to even risk breaking any rules regarding that subject of discussion :cold: I don't think you'll have a problem making your Wii Xenoblade-ready, though.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']I don't have products shipped to a PO Box; that's my billing address. Our house is in a rural area where we don't have a physical mailbox, only a PO Box. I have all my products shipped to my work address in town. Hence the two separate addresses.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, PO Boxes are a perfectly valid alternative to a physical address and are literally just a mailbox at the post office instead of your front door. I've used one my entire life for the convenience and security, but they're a pain in the ass when dealing with paranoid online merchants who won't accept PO Boxes in shipping/billing forms or otherwise demand that your shipping and billing addresses be the same.

Fortunately I've never had this issue with Zavvi when importing stuff, but obviously you don't have that option if you're trying to get the controller bundle. Sucks.

oh its fine fwb someone else posted it takes little time and effort to do. i know we cant discuss the how to just was asking a time frame is all =)

Most credit cards will allow you to add extra billing addresses. It's pretty easy, just call them up.

The merchants are just being safe. If your card is stolen, something gets ordered, and you file a chargeback with the card company, they lose the product and the shipping costs.

bread's done
Back