PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

Picked up many many games but the better ones include:

Nocturne,

Ape Escape 2,

Ape Escape 3,

Grandia 2,

Breath of Fire DQ,

Disgaea,

Magna Carta,

Unlimited Saga

Disgaea was the only complete one out of those...the rest were disc only... :/

Im going in a few hours.  I have about 4 or 5 stores near me (within 15 mins driving from my house) that have TONS of PS2 games.  Its somewhat retro I guess but my area is a HUGE retro area as well so I think thats why a bunch of stores shipped their stuff near me.  I dont care if they have cases as I have a few of those flip cases from when I owned a bunch of CD's.

Im going in a few hours. I have about 4 or 5 stores near me (within 15 mins driving from my house) that have TONS of PS2 games. Its somewhat retro I guess but my area is a HUGE retro area as well so I think thats why a bunch of stores shipped their stuff near me. I dont care if they have cases as I have a few of those flip cases from when I owned a bunch of CD's.
You sir, are a lucky man. I only have one near me that only has shovelware.

Well, picked up Spider-man 2, Destroy All Humans, X-Men Legends, and Sly 2.

Not completely terrible, but sadly mine was already picked clean of the RPGs.

I almost got Persona 3 FES for $7, but despite the fact the game "Just came in" no one could find it in the shelf.

Didn't have much luck with RPGs.

Did pick up some Guncon 2 games and some cheapies for a total of $7.25.  All in sleeves with no cases.

God Hand

Bombastic

Primal

R-Type Final

Flatout

Dino Stalker

Dr Muto

Time Crisis 2

In my area the Gamestops all dropped their PS2 and Gamecube selections quite some time ago. There is maybe one that still has them, and the selection of titles is weak. It's not worth going out of my way to check.

I'm quite fortunate though. I have two alternative game stores in my area that aren't under the Gamestop umbrella. And both of them maintain fairly solid regular selections of PS2 games. So I still have choices for filling out my PS2 collection.

One GameStop in my city has PS2 games, and if I remember, quite the selection. Hopefully they still have FFXII and X as well as Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

As someone who owns a ps2 and played it quite heavily back in the day....I can't say that I've even turned it on in the last 5 years.

Do all of you buying up these games actually plan to play them?

I've always been of the type to not go back and play old consoles once a new generation comes out. I just move on to the next thing and don't look back.

As someone who owns a ps2 and played it quite heavily back in the day....I can't say that I've even turned it on in the last 5 years.

I've always been of the type to not go back and play old consoles once a new generation comes out. I just move on to the next thing and don't look back.
Sometimes I play them but I mainly love collecting :)

I was a youngin' when PS2 was out, so I never understood some of the difficult RPGs. I'd like to go back and play them properly and fully enjoy some of the classics.

Got MvC2 and Chaos Wars today

Is MvC2 going to jump up in value in a few months? Amazon has the tiv at around $10 w/o manual right now.

I like to go back to play old games from time to time.

Most Gamestops near me don't have PS2 games. But a few do and I managed to get Digital Devil Saga 2.

This sale is worth it if you also like arcade games, considering the PS3 doesn't have many shooters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rescued some games from my local GS today

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Persona 3

Okami

Onimusha Dawn of Dreams

One Piece Carnival

Gallop Racer 2004 ( uncommon )

Anobgougas Ambition ( uncommon )

Unlimited Saga

Arc the Lad Twilight of the spirits

Transformers (Not movie game )

World Heroes Anthology

$24.80

The only GS that has PS2 games threw out the cases over a year ago. Everything is in sleeves. I might run by though and see what's left. 75% off seems like the best it's going to get.

I picked up:

Armored Core 2

Armored Core 3

Armored Core Nexus

Armored Core Nine Breaker

Armored Core Last Raven

Just need to find Another Age and I'll be set for the ps2 series. 

The games I found today, in alphabetical order (put them all in a dvd binder for easy storage).

3 Dual Shocks and 3 memory cards.

.hack Part 1 Infection

Arc The Lad End of Darkness

Arc The Lad Twilight of the Spirits (x2 one available)

Castlevania Lament of Innocence

Clock Tower 3

Dawn of Mana

Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 2

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition

Drakengard

Dynasty Warriors 4

Dynasty Warriors 5 Extreme Legends

Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law (for shits and giggles)

Fatal Frame 1

Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1

Final Fantasy 10

Final Fantasy 10-2

Final Fantasy 12 Collector's Edition

Grandia 3

Innocent Life

Jak and Daxter the Precursor Legacy

Jak 2

Katamari Damacy

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Legend of Legaia 2: Duel Saga

Marvel v. Capcom 2

Max Payne

Maximo

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance

Metal Gear Solid 3 Substinence

Megaman X Collection (x2, one available)

Megaman Anniversary Collection

Nightmare before Christmas

Onimusha

Onimusha 2

Onimusha 3

Phantasy Star Universe

Phantom Brave

Ratchet and Clank

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal

Resident Evil Outbreak

Resident Evil Code Veronica (x2 one available)

Resident Evil 4

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Shadow of the Colossus

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 3

Silent Hill 4

Silent Hill Shattered Memories

SMT Nocturne

SMT Persona 3 FES

SMT Persona 4

Star Ocean Till the End of Time

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Summoner

Summoner 2

Timesplitters

Valkyrie Profile 2 (x2 one available)

We Love Katamari

Xenosaga Episode 2

No Suikoden titles, which were my main targets.  Pretty much anything on my list is up for trade for Suikoden 5 and I'd trade for 3 and 4 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh snap; this is what I've been waiting for. I got some disposable income, a Gamestop gift card, several Gamestops in town with PS2 games in stock, and tomorrw's my day off.

The GBA rush was great. The Gamecube rush was lackluster. The PS2 rush will be remembered for generations.

picked up 33 games for $37.xx

here they are:

ATV Off Road Fury

Burnout 3 Takedown

Freedom Fighters

Full Spectrum Warrior

D1: Pro Drift Series

Gauntlet Dark LEgacy (only game with a case.  IT is complete and MINT)

Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Juiced 2

Kill Switch

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

NBA Street Vol 3

NFS Underground 2

Pride FC

The Punisher

Rocky

Saturday Night Speedway

Scarface

Sugglers Run

Smugglers Run 2

Socom 2

Socom 3

Socom Combined Assault

Speed Kings

Star Wars Battlefront

Stitch Experiment 626 (for my daughter)

The Suffering

SWAT: Global Strike Team

Toca Race Driver 3

Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift

Total Immersion Racing

True Crime Streets of LA

Tourist Trophy

This is from hitting up 2 of my stores.  I have 4 more to hit.   I dont really care that they were all, but 1, in sleeves. MOst are good (some scratches), most are very good (little scratches), and some are MINT (maybe new to used conversions that just sat around).  So glad I have a BC PS3.

If I use the 20% off birthday coupon and 10% Pro membership, do I get these games 105% off i.e. free or will they give me 5% credit along with the free games?  :D/

So far my haul has been

Samurai Warriors 1 & 2

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

Dragon Quest VIII

Suikoden 3

Going to try and get Suikoden 4, Drakengard 2, and SMT: Nocturne tomorrow. Was contemplating on getting a few other games, but decided that I actually would pay a little bit more for their completeness on eBay.

[quote name="DemiFiendRSA" post="11423621" timestamp="1389072998"]Unless my local stores were lying, none of them had anymore PS2 games despite the locator saying so. Oh well.[/quote] yeah, that has happened to me with gamecube stuff

If I use the In-Store pick-up tool, there's no reason I shouldn't get the games for the 75% off, right? I'm aiming for a copy of Persona 4.
Correct if you do In-Store pick up, you will still get the 75% discount. I can confirm, because I did it earlier today.

Kinda have buyers remorse.  

Why?

I have a PS4 and quite a few games coming for it I want to play.  Tomb Raider, Theif, Drive CLub, Infamous, Dying Light, and some others are all out by April.

Im thinking I may just take them back.  Thank goodness they are used.  I know it was only like $37 but eh, I can put that all on Tomb Raider (I didnt play it on PS3/360).   Plus, I have a Retron 3 (soon to be Retron 5, hopefully soon) and a large amount of games for that.  

Suggestions?

Kinda have buyers remorse.

Why?

I have a PS4 and quite a few games coming for it I want to play. Tomb Raider, Theif, Drive CLub, Infamous, Dying Light, and some others are all out by April.

Im thinking I may just take them back. Thank goodness they are used. I know it was only like $37 but eh, I can put that all on Tomb Raider (I didnt play it on PS3/360). Plus, I have a Retron 3 (soon to be Retron 5, hopefully soon) and a large amount of games for that.

Suggestions?
Games don't go bad! If they're something you don't think you'd ever play anyway, then sure take them back. But if you'll get around to playing them eventually, keep 'em until you hit a dry spell. They don't have an expiration date. ;)

Games don't go bad! If they're something you don't think you'd ever play anyway, then sure take them back. But if you'll get around to playing them eventually, keep 'em until you hit a dry spell. They don't have an expiration date. ;)
I like that thinking there. It makes me more 50/50 on the return when before I was 90/10

Since I live in a reseller-heavy area with a lot of competition, I went to every GameStop I could manage today.  Although a lot had been picked over, I did find some treasures -- this is basically the last hurrah for the PS2, and I wanted to make sure I rounded out my collection as much as possible before the prices start going nuts for the popular, hard to find stuff.

However, I probably did go a little overboard.

GameStop Ps2 Liquidation by geekquisitions, on Flickr

Closeup of the boxed games:

Since I live in a reseller-heavy area with a lot of competition, I went to every GameStop I could manage today. Although a lot had been picked over, I did find some treasures -- this is basically the last hurrah for the PS2, and I wanted to make sure I rounded out my collection as much as possible before the prices start going nuts for the popular, hard to find stuff.

yep, overboard. Ok. I think you made my decision with this stiff here. A decision to return. Im kool with collecting but only for my favorite games/series. MGS, Manhunt, Alan Wake, Gears, God of Wars, Marios, and things of that nature. I dont want to collect to just HAVE the game that I may or may not play at some point. I have a few games in my collection (granted I have played them and beaten them but I havent touched in a few years or longer. GTA: SA I havent played in about 8 or 9 years.) I will return tomorrow.

If anyone manages to find Rule of Rose and would be willing to sell it for a reasonable price, I'd really appreciate it. I want the game so much, but I can't spend what people are wanting for it nowadays. :/

Since I live in a reseller-heavy area with a lot of competition, I went to every GameStop I could manage today. Although a lot had been picked over, I did find some treasures -- this is basically the last hurrah for the PS2, and I wanted to make sure I rounded out my collection as much as possible before the prices start going nuts for the popular, hard to find stuff.

From the looks of I would think your a reseller as well

bread's done
Back