PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

I've been known to relocate abandoned, unwanted vintage games to new, loving homes for a reasonable adoption fee on occasion.   :)

The other gaming collector/resellers I've met in my area, though, have been largely unpleasant, deceptive, and shady as anything.  So points away from them is always a plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my stores only have disk only copies. If anyone is interested in me looking, I have 3 stores nearby. Just send me a list of what you are looking for.

How long is this sale going on? I went to my local gamestop last night and picked up a few things, but I've decided I may want more. When is the last day for this promo?

How long is this sale going on? I went to my local gamestop last night and picked up a few things, but I've decided I may want more. When is the last day for this promo?
This is the final sale for PS2 games, so until everything is sold. GameStop runs a final liquidation on anything two generations old to squeeze those final few pennies out of your emaciated wallet.

This is the final sale for PS2 games, so until everything is sold. GameStop runs a final liquidation on anything two generations old to squeeze those final few pennies out of your emaciated wallet.
Well that seems perfect. I'll have to hit up a few more gamestops then.. Although most of the things in my area seem to be fairly picked over already just by searching for a few select things I've been looking for. I imagine most of the JRPGs went the first day :).

I at least need to pick up a memory card or 2.

Maybe we should work out a trading system or something for these cheap ps2 games. Say a store doesn't have the game that I want but a game someone else wants I then get that game for them and in return get the game I wanted before. 

I'm looking for Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Bond 007: Everything or Nothing. If you've got it and want to give it up let me know what you're looking for.

This isn't just for me. This is for everybody. Let's help each other play the games we want to on the greatest console ever made.

I've been known to relocate abandoned, unwanted vintage games to new, loving homes for a reasonable adoption fee on occasion. :)

The other gaming collector/resellers I've met in my area, though, have been largely unpleasant, deceptive, and shady as anything. So points away from them is always a plus.
Okay sell me a network adapter ive been trying to look for the at gamestop

Maybe we should work out a trading system or something for these cheap ps2 games. Say a store doesn't have the game that I want but a game someone else wants I then get that game for them and in return get the game I wanted before.

I'm looking for Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Bond 007: Everything or Nothing. If you've got it and want to give it up let me know what you're looking for.

This isn't just for me. This is for everybody. Let's help each other play the games we want to on the greatest console ever made.
Yeah this would be awesome

I think I ended up getting 13 or 14 games yesterday evening. Spent a total of ~$38. I will try to post a list later, but my key finds were a bunch of Silent Hills to finish out my PS2 collection of them. I got Silent Hill 3 (w/ Soundtrack), Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Silent Hill Origins, and Silent Hill 4 - The Room. These will go well with my Silent Hill 2's (normal and greatest hits). Everything I got was in sleeves, but that's nothing an empty DVD case and printed cover art can't fix.

Mine had 3 copies of Hulk, but two looked like Freddy Kruger attacked them and I got the only one that looked remotely decent.

Total Haul

Shadow of the Colossus
Mega Man X Collection
Xenosaga I
Xenosaga II
Okami
SMT:p3 FES
SMT:p4
SMT:N
Dark Cloud
Black
Socom

For Trade
Valkyrie Profile 2
Half-Life
Contra: Shattered Dimensions

What's crazy is no store in my entire state had Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2. The 3 stores I personally visited did not have RE4, FFX, or FFXII either.

I would actually prefer to play these on emulator, rather than the HD versions. I can get to really high resolutions with high framerates, over something like the Shadow of the Collosus, Ico, ZoE 2, etc HD versions that can achieve 1080p.

Apparently the MGS 1-3 ports in the HD/Legacy collection or 720p/60FPS which is disappointing. I'm holding out hope that Konami does an x86/x64 port of the Legacy Collection of next-gen and PC.

Like I said a couple pages ago, this goes on essentially forever.  GBA stuff is still at 75%, so this will most likely be the same.

Also, for those of you who have had PS2 transactions show up on the PUR site already what was the point ratio for points to dollars spent?

(the $.02 ones give 1100 points/dollar, so I am curious if other PS2 stuff does as well)

There's one store within 50 miles that has almost everything I searched for in stock. Going to try to get out there Thursday, hopefully they aren't just discs.

The 2 Gamestops near my house aren't selling PS2 games anymore. I found one that had a few. Nothing special but I ended up getting Baroque, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, and Onimusha 3: Demon Siege

Stopped by Gamestop on my way home. Picked clean. But I still managed to get a copy of Persona 4, glad I did opt for the Pickup@Store option on the website.

have these games that are available for sale - all disk only

.hack part 1 infection

Digital Devil Saga 2

Grandia III

Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES

Xenosaga Episode 1

Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne

Katamari Damacy

Ico

Beyond Good & Evil

Chulip

Disgaea:  Hour of Darkness

Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4

Xenosaga III

Suikoden IV

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater

Resident Evil Outbreak

Resident Evil Code Veronica

Resident Evil Dead Aim

have these games that are available for sale - all disk only

.hack part 1 infection

Digital Devil Saga 2

Grandia III

Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 FES

Xenosaga Episode 1

Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne

Katamari Damacy

Ico

Beyond Good & Evil

Chulip

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4

Xenosaga III

Suikoden IV

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater

Resident Evil Outbreak

Resident Evil Code Veronica

Resident Evil Dead Aim
Are you price matching the Gamestop 75% off discount?

Just finished getting the other three games I wanted to get: Suikoden 4, SMT: Nocturne, Drakengard 2. Went much quicker than my trip yesterday since there was much fewer to look through and I didn't have to do the searching. The last store I visited mentioned a couple of stores where most of the PS2 will be shipped to, but I only remember one of the locations he mentioned.

I'm surprised the discs I got for SMT: Nocturne and Drakengard 2 pretty much have none to very few scratches.

Well, HOPEFULLY they arrive quickly, but the games so far I have confirmations on transfers are:
Suikoden 3

Suikoden 4

Jurassic park operation genesis (GET THIS GAME IF YOU SEE IT)

Okami

Persona 3

Persona 4

Fatal Frame 2

Fatal Frame 3

and a few other games here and there... :)

Just finished getting the other three games I wanted to get: Suikoden 4, SMT: Nocturne, Drakengard 2. Went much quicker than my trip yesterday since there was much fewer to look through and I didn't have to do the searching. The last store I visited mentioned a couple of stores where most of the PS2 will be shipped to, but I only remember one of the locations he mentioned.

I'm surprised the discs I got for SMT: Nocturne and Drakengard 2 pretty much have none to very few scratches.
I picked up P3 FES, P4, and Nocturne today and the Gamestop employee commented on the quality of the discs by saying that Persona fans are always meticulous in the care of their games.

All 3 games are in amazing condition.

Well, HOPEFULLY they arrive quickly, but the games so far I have confirmations on transfers are:
Suikoden 3

Suikoden 4

Jurassic park operation genesis (GET THIS GAME IF YOU SEE IT)

Okami

Persona 3

Persona 4

Fatal Frame 2

Fatal Frame 3

and a few other games here and there... :)
What do you mean confimations

What do you mean confimations
They definitely had the game, and are shipping them to my local store. Because like people are finding out, just because a store SAYS they have a game in stock, does not make it the case, plus they could easily have it, but have it in the wrong spot. Some places just flat out say "we don't have ps2 games" when the inventory checker says otherwise. But I managed to find the stores with the games, they found the actual games, and a manager agreed to the transfer.

I might go check out one more store that is fairly close to me tomorrow, they have Resident Evil 4 and I wouldn't mind checking out the other games in their collection.

Went to my two local Gamestops today. Both only had one little box of games (disc only) that I had to ask to see. First store had nothing special, but the second had some good stuff:

Store #1

4.25-Silent Hill 2

2.50-Capcom Classics

1.50-Midway Arcade Treasures

1.25-Pitfall
0.50-Bombastic

10.62-Total

Store #2

6.25-Tales of the Abyss

5.00-SMT: Nocturne

5.00-Tales of Legendia

3.75-Katamari Damacy

3.25-Valkyrie Profile 2

2.00-King of Fighters XI

1.50-Guilty Gear Isuka

1.00-DDR Extreme 2

0.75-DDRMax

0.50-Orphen

0.00-Hot Shots Golf 3

0.00-Eye Toy: Play 2

31.10-Total

So I just came from a gamestop and got these:

Boxed Games

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Red Dead Revolver 

Magnacarta

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED:

Obscure

Games in Sleeves:

Crazy Taxi

Oni

Obscure THe Aftermath

Star Ocean; Till the end of time 

Katamari Damacy

Dawn of Mana

Dark Cloud

Xenosaga 1

Shadow of the Colossus

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance

Disgaea Hour of Darkness

Shadow Hearts From the New World

Baroque

Final Fantasy XII

Disgaea 2

Dirge of Cerberus FF VII

DMC 2

Drakengard

DMC3

Castlevania lament of innocence

FInal Fantasy X-2

Manhunt 2 

Silent Hill 2

Final Fantasy X

Persona 4 

Persona 3 FES

Shin Tensei Nocturne

Ran to my local store today, the only one that still has PS2 anyway, and I picked up the following...

SMT: Digital Devil Saga - $5

Mega Man X Collection - $5

Digimon World: Data Squad - $3.25

World Heroes Anthology - $1.25

They had some other stuff I want to go back for tomorrow, had my fiance with me today so I was moving a little quicker than normal.

while hunting for ps2 games today, I came across Class of Heroes 2 for the psp complete. it was mismarked as the first one. I picked it up for 7.xx. Suddenly im looking online and this game looks kinda rare. I can't seem to find much info on the physical copy...only the digital...

while hunting for ps2 games today, I came across Class of Heroes 2 for the psp complete. it was mismarked as the first one. I picked it up for 7.xx. Suddenly im looking online and this game looks kinda rare. I can't seem to find much info on the physical copy...only the digital...
It was only available on their website. I think they only made 3,000 of them.

I went to a gamestop in the nearly abandoned mall by out by my parents house and found way better stuff than I got yesterday at the one by me.

I spent roughly $25 and got the following (all in sleeves):

Silent Hill 2 - $3.83

Silent Hill 3 - $4.50

Wild Arms 5 - $3.37

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - $3.37

Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction - $2.25

Devil Kings - $1.35

Blood Rayne 2 - $2.25

Prices include PUR discount.  I think I must have been the first person looking for PS2 stuff because they only had 3 little rows but it was packed with goodness. It was only about 10% guitar hero and Madden.

Wild Arms and Hulk were the only things I was specifically looking for, but it was a worthwhile trip

I know a local Gamestop has PS2 games. Maybe I'll be able to get the last DDR I need. Otherwise, I'll give them all a glance.

My black friend Danny B. got 2 copies of GH2 for free. The GS guy just gave them to him. Said it wasn't worth ringing up.

Popped into a couple other stores today and was pleasantly surprised.

One store just had all the good things:

Untitled by geekquisitions, on Flickr

One store had just a ton of stuff:

And a few each had a couple nice things left:

I missed the thrill of the hunt, but I'm starting to suspect that I may have a problem.

I also miss when these clearances were 75% off + 10% off for an 85% discount, as opposed to the current 75% off followed by 10% off, for a 77.5% discount.  It really adds up.

bread's done
Back