PS2 games are 75% off at Gamestop

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if anyone has made a thread yet but they have all PS2 games for 75% off

oFMNIRp.jpg

Got this haul for $25 :)

I'm lucky that I actually already own most of the games that I want on ps2. The games I'm still looking for are:

MS Saga

Rule of Rose 

Haunting Ground

Dot Hack Part 4

Dot hack G.U. Vol 2-4

Shadow Hearts 1

Silent Hill 2

Onimusha Dawn of Dreams.

Is there anyway we can get some type of trading system going because I would be eternally grateful for any of those games. My store had Silent Hill 3&4 and the SMT games 

I may check out the stores closest to me to see if they still have PS2 games. 

The games I'll look for:

Star Wars: Battlefront 1 and 2

Burnout 1 and 2

SSX series

Tony Hawk series 

Sly Cooper series

Ratchet and Clank series

Jak and Daxter series

NFL Street series

Tekken Tag Tournament

AND1 Streetball

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Medal of Honor Series

Smuggler's Run 1 and 2

Fight Night Series

Def Jam Vendetta

Freekstyle

Metal Gear Solid Series

Unfortunately, none of the GameStops in my area don't sell PS2 games. If anyone finds any of the .hack games, please let me know. I'll be interested to buy them.

With Playstation Now being set up, if you missed that series or game that you always wanted to play or beat. You will soon be able to via Streaming.

OK WHEN WILL CYBERCONNECT2 MAKE A DOT HACK HD COLLECTION.

That is all.

I'm lucky that I actually already own most of the games that I want on ps2. The games I'm still looking for are:

MS Saga

Rule of Rose

Haunting Ground

Dot Hack Part 4

Dot hack G.U. Vol 2-4

Shadow Hearts 1

Silent Hill 2

Onimusha Dawn of Dreams.

Is there anyway we can get some type of trading system going because I would be eternally grateful for any of those games. My store had Silent Hill 3&4 and the SMT games
I would like silent hill 3 and what smt games did they have

Popped into a couple other stores today and was pleasantly surprised.

One store just had all the good things:

Untitled by geekquisitions, on Flickr

One store had just a ton of stuff:

And a few each had a couple nice things left:

I missed the thrill of the hunt, but I'm starting to suspect that I may have a problem.

I also miss when these clearances were 75% off + 10% off for an 85% discount, as opposed to the current 75% off followed by 10% off, for a 77.5% discount. It really adds up.
Lol damn dude you cleaned out haha how much did you waste sell me a network adapter

Dot hack G.U. Vol 2-3*
there are only 3 parts to .hack G.U

Sorry to say you are probably completely out of luck on the .hack Quarantine, I scoured the COUNTRY for copies around last year, calling up every store within 100 miles of a major city I could think of, I found maybe a handful, and out of all the stores I called, I was lucky to find two that actually had it. (One I kept, and the other ended up going out to a fellow cag).
But yeah, if ANYONE finds ANY of that series, DO NOT PASS IT UP. Each can be played standalone style without an import of a previous save, and if you find yourself without the earlier games, fear not, the earlier in the series, the cheaper the game can be found.

You guys are silly thinking a.) someone is going to find Rule of Rose or Haunting Ground  b.) someone is going to sell you either of these for 75% off GS price.  Maybe full price but not 75% off.

Got some nice pick-ups and wasted a ton of money on some stupid games

CIB

Street Fighter EX3  $2.93

Sonic Mega Collection Plus  $2.25

DJ Hero  $2.03  (Came complete with the turntable)  (New to used?)

SingStar Country  $2.25  (Came complete with 2 microphones)  (New to used?)

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law  $0.67

Evergrace  $0.67

Onimusha 2  $0.67

Tekken Tag Tournament  $1.13

One Piece: Pirate's Carnival  $0.67

Need For Speed Underground 2  $2.25

Syphon Filter Omega Strain  $0.45

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006  $0.67

World Heroes Anthology  $1.13

Twisted Metal Head On  $2.70

TMNT  $1.13

NASCAR Thunder 2004  $0.45

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers   FREE

Sly 3: Honor Amongst Thieves  $2.25

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King  $0.45

Splinter Cell  $0.45

Medal of Honor: Vangaurd  $1.13

SOCOM 2: Navy Seals   FREE

Eragon  $0.45

Ghostbusters  $2.03

Under the Skin  $0.67

Bombastic  $0.45

Golden Compass  $0.45

Kengo Master of Bushido   FREE

Quake 3 Revolution  $0.90

Terminator Dawn of Fate  $0.67

Disc Only

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2  $9

Persona 4  $6.75  (I had an extra case at my house :D)

Ar Tonelico 2  $4.50

Odin Sphere  $2.25

Rouge Galaxy  $1.35

Dark Cloud  $1.35

Growlanser Generations  $3.37

Arcana Heart  $2.25

RPG Maker 2  $1.35

Xenosaga Episode 1  $1.35

Drakengard 2  $1.35

Contra Shattered Soldier  $2.25

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2  $0.45

Gran Turismo 4  $0.67

Jak & Daxter  $0.45

R: Racing Evolution   FREE

Ribbit King  $0.67

XIII  $0.45

Resident Evil Code Veronica X  $1.13

Sly Cooper  $0.67

Smuggler's Run 2  $0.33

Time Splitters  $0.67

Godfather  $1.13

The Suffering  $1.80

Crash Team Racing  $1.57

Robotech Battlecry   FREE

Soul Calibur 2  $0.67

The Guy Game  $1.35

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution  FREE  (this is different the Virtua Fighter 4)

Orphen  $0.45

One Piece: Grand Adventure  $1.35  (Got an extra case for this one:D)

Dues Ex: The Conspiracy  $0.45

Ape Escape 3  $2.25

Pool Paradise  $0.67

Headhunter Redemption  $0.45

SOCOM   FREE

SOCOM 3  $0.45

Extermination  $0.33

Gran Turismo 3  A-Spec  FREE  (Red and Blue dunno the difference)

Bode Miller Skiing   FREE

MVP Baseball 05   FREE

NCAA Football 03   FREE

NCAA Football 04   FREE

NCAA Football 05   FREE

NFL Gameday 04   FREE

Fantavision   FREE

Armored Core 2  $0.67

Kessen  $0.33

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System   FREE

Eye Toy Groove   FREE

Friends:  The one with All the ...?   FREE

Strike Force Bowling   FREE

Total   $95.93    AFTER TAX 

You guys are silly thinking a.) someone is going to find Rule of Rose or Haunting Ground b.) someone is going to sell you either of these for 75% off GS price. Maybe full price but not 75% off.
I didn't know anyone was expecting that. I just said I want Rule of Rose for a reasonable price; of course I'm totally willing to pay more than what the person does to Gamestop.

I didn't know anyone was expecting that. I just said I want Rule of Rose for a reasonable price; of course I'm totally willing to pay more than what the person does to Gamestop.
The thing is you mentioned that in the context of this deal. To find rule of rose, or haunting grounds, for the REGULAR gamestop price, or close, is slim at best. I doubt anyone would find it in a gs by now, so essentially hoping to find it in the wild at this point is near impossible, and hoping to find it at a further 75% off is cray cray.

Anyone know if the actual PS2s are discounted at all? I seriously need one for the hauls I'm gonna get later today.
Doubtful, the gamecube system wasn't discounted when all the games were, it 99.99% sure is just the games and accessories,

Picked up a complete copy of Ico and Persona 4 (with ost). Also found Rez, Fatel Frame I, II, III, and Mega Man X Collections.

I also spent 50 bucks on other games I've "always wanted".

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to go back after my next pay check and look through the scraps.  Managed to find a copy of Shadow Hearts: From the new world which I've been dying to play(I have the first two and desperately wish they'd make another one), and a few other things for around $15.  I'm just going to ask for the bins next time I'm there to find what I want instead of looking at their list haha.

How do you get a game for free?

Can someone list all of the free games?
The free games are the ones that rang up .02 cents before discount. They were the ones that Gamestop threw out October 2012; since 75% off of 2 cents is half a penny, the system just rounds down and thus they become free.

Unfortunately most of these games are long gone, and the chances of finding them now are pretty slim, since theyre technically not even supposed to be sold, just thrown away.

Going to go back after my next pay check and look through the scraps. Managed to find a copy of Shadow Hearts: From the new world which I've been dying to play(I have the first two and desperately wish they'd make another one), and a few other things for around $15. I'm just going to ask for the bins next time I'm there to find what I want instead of looking at their list haha.
Can they take out the bins arent the games behind them in drawers

Can they take out the bins arent the games behind them in drawers
At my store they keep them in the back, so I'm going to assume they're in seperate movable bins. If not, it is what it is, but I have a good relationship with two or three of the employees, so I'm hoping they'll let me.

At my store they keep them in the back, so I'm going to assume they're in seperate movable bins. If not, it is what it is, but I have a good relationship with two or three of the employees, so I'm hoping they'll let me.
Nice well good luck im trying to find the network adaptors

Especially because collectors always overvalue their games, reasonable never enters the picture.

The free games are the ones that rang up .02 cents before discount. They were the ones that Gamestop threw out October 2012; since 75% off of 2 cents is half a penny, the system just rounds down and thus they become free.

Unfortunately most of these games are long gone, and the chances of finding them now are pretty slim, since theyre technically not even supposed to be sold, just thrown away.
Yeah, I just had a guy check for shits and giggles before I saw your post.

For those wondering, there are about 365 different .02 games. I've personally only found around 150 different ones.

Yeah, I just had a guy check for shits and giggles before I saw your post.

For those wondering, there are about 365 different .02 games. I've personally only found around 150 different ones.
What games are they im willing to check for them in my area and cant wait to see the reaction on the employees

Going to go back after my next pay check and look through the scraps. Managed to find a copy of Shadow Hearts: From the new world which I've been dying to play(I have the first two and desperately wish they'd make another one), and a few other things for around $15. I'm just going to ask for the bins next time I'm there to find what I want instead of looking at their list haha.
The Shadow Hearts games were among my favorites, but the third was kinda lacking....it was still good enough to have a run through though....

....now someday I have to play Koudelka... :)

I would have gone to more stores/bought more games, but my car is broken down and I'm saving to get it fixed. After checking three Gamestops in my area, here's my haul:

Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
Jak 3
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
Okami
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Unlimited Saga

Total: $28

I found Atelier Iris 1-3, but I heard not-so-good reviews, plus it would have brought up my total quite a bit. Also, I realized that I already have most of the PS2 games that interest me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I went back to my local GS today and it was pretty much cleaned out, I wish I'd had more time to look yesterday, judging by the amount of games that were gone compared to when I stopped in yesterday afternoon I must have missed something worthwhile...

I would have gone to more stores/bought more games, but my car is broken down and I'm saving to get it fixed. After checking three Gamestops in my area, here's my haul:

Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
Jak 3
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
Okami
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Unlimited Saga

Total: $28

I found Atelier Iris 1-3, but I heard not-so-good reviews, plus it would have brought up my total quite a bit. Also, I realized that I already have most of the PS2 games that interest me.
If they were still there I'd be willing to pay for them and the shipping if you were interested...

Been calling around and there's a store nearby with 300+ titles.. Must have recieved all the stuff from the other stores. Going to go check that out tomorrow and hope for the best.

According to the store locator, there's a store about 40 miles from me with literally EVERY SINGLE GAME I WANT. Apparently they don't carry PS2 games anymore. Pretty bummed about that, I definitely could have been done with this sale at one store if the inventory checker was correct. I'm really hoping they sent them to the store I'm going to hit up tomorrow.

I found 2 multitap adapters and 7 controllers for $10 today. Stoked about that pickup. Any good games for 8 players? Already picked up a good deal of EA and 2K games.. Wondering if there's anything worth playing with 2+ people on the PS2 that isn't a sports game.

Well, the check inventory makes my area look phenomenal. But... only one store out of many actually carries any PS2 games. Bought a DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, only to notice when I got home they put Budokai Tenkaichi 1 in the case.

dasme313 said:
Well, the check inventory makes my area look phenomenal. But... only one store out of many actually carries any PS2 games. Bought a DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, only to notice when I got home they put Budokai Tenkaichi 1 in the case.
I'm more shocked that you got a case at all ;). I thought all their PS2 stuff, if they even had it, was sleeve-only.

GS down the street from my house had some PS2 games. Picked up Ghost in the Shell, Indiana Jones, Suffering and Manhunt 2. Turned down Nobunga's Ambition and Star Ocean though maybe I shouldn't have? I was surprised they had like 5 copies of Shadow of the Colossus. That game's a classic, I was shocked they had so many. At 75% its a steal but I already have it on PS2 and PS3.

Hoping to find some other stores with some stock but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's kinda fun trying to hunt down stores with ps2 games. I got

Breath of Fire

Chaos Legion

Death by Degrees

Dino Stalker

Drakengard

Fatal Fury Battle Archives V. 1

Kessen

Raiden III

Shining Tears

I saw ICO and SMT Persona 3 FES with the case, but passed since I owned the hd and digital copy.

Got a few things all in generic sleeves:

Persona 4

Digital Devil Saga 1

God Hand

Resident Evil: Outbreak

Drakengard

Silent Hill 3

Already have P4 and DDS. I just bought them so they wouldn't be thrown away. If anyone wants to trade either of them for a copy of Silent Hill 2 or any other PS2 games let me know via PM or something. 

Some games, especially the Mega Man collections and Persona games aren't very worth it in this sale due to Gamestop's already jacked up prices. It may be tempting to get a disc only Persona 4 or 3 FES, but they are less than $20 new and sealed at Amazon.

most of the games I have are sold - I have these left if anyone wants them for price plus shipping:

All disk only with sleeve:

Persona 4

Disgaea Hour of Darkness

Metal Gear Solid 2

Ape Escape 2

Dragon Quest VII

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater

Some games, especially the Mega Man collections and Persona games aren't very worth it in this sale due to Gamestop's already jacked up prices. It may be tempting to get a disc only Persona 4 or 3 FES, but they are less than $20 new and sealed at Amazon.
Yeah, P4 didn't really seem worth it to me. If they had a complete copy I probably would have taken it for ~$7 but just the disc when it's $15-$20 brand new was eh.

I went through the entire collection at another local gamestop yesterday. I found a copy of Silent Hill 3, Katamari, Shadow of the Colossus, Viewitiful Joe, and Zone of Enders 2. Of those, only Zone of Enders 2 was in good enough shape for me to warrant paying over $.50

bread's done
Back