PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

Yeah. What's funniest is a couple nights I had some friends in the same game, so we all grabbed choppers and hunted them relentlessly after shooting their chopper(s) down.;)

My one buddy is a kamikaze pilot with an ordinary chopper and can take down the attack choppers by 'clipping their wings' so to speak by taking off the tail section of the chopper and making them spin outta control.:lol:

Even better was when would would all vote to change to deathmatch/team deathmatch, then the griefers would leave within a minute or two cuz we'd choose some far off section like Bohan where they'd have to travel a decent distance for a chopper. Without their crutch they couldn't take it.:razz:

[quote name='celegus']Updated a few hours ago, and I'm still not seeing that email to change my password and such. Hopefully soon?[/QUOTE]

Its not a email it was a message

I'm at my wit's end right now. I downloaded and installed the new update. However, my PS3 is being a bitch. When I try to sign in, it says I need to change my password. Fine. When it gets to the screen to change the password, then it give me an error that reads...

"An error has occurred. (80710D36)"

What the fuck do I need to do?

played blops last nite at 3am when psn finally restored in stl. got a chopper (7killstreak) my first round. woot. glad to know i didn't lose my skills ;)

[quote name='Velo214']played blops last nite at 3am when psn finally restored in stl. got a chopper (7killstreak) my first round. woot. glad to know i didn't lose my skills ;)[/QUOTE]

Or maybe everyone else lost their skill!

i downloaded the update, installed... tried to log in, got the change password message, but I never got any e-mail or message saying how to change the password.

Just tried to change my password. Got that same error message. Rebooted the ps3 and got the following message.

"the playstation network is currently undergoing maintenance."

Uh oh

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']IDK Pck21, maybe try shutting off and rebooting the console? Sometimes that works for that error message.[/QUOTE]

Tried that. It's not my console because I get the same message on a second PS3 in the house. It's also not my network because XBL, and all other devices, work just fine. All correct ports forwarded and the like.

Now, when I try to sign in it says, "Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance." Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

[quote name='Pck21']Tried that. It's not my console because I get the same message on a second PS3 in the house. It's also not my network because XBL, and all other devices, work just fine. All correct ports forwarded and the like.

Now, when I try to sign in it says, "Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance." Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

It's mine too. I just checked. I installed the update last night and was on PSN actually not less than an hour or two ago.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It's mine too. I just checked. I installed the update last night and was on PSN actually not less than an hour or two ago.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brainberry']I was online yesterday but I just tried to log on and it gave me the "psn is undergoing maintenance" again....

*tear*[/QUOTE]

Wow. The PSN is a complete and total piece of garbage. Guess I'll go back to my 360 then...

[quote name='Brainberry']I was online yesterday but I just tried to log on and it gave me the "psn is undergoing maintenance" again....

*tear*[/QUOTE]

Edit: Keep trying it goes away and lets you sign in.

[quote name='jman619']Edit: Keep trying it goes away and lets you sign in.[/QUOTE]

I'll give my little brother some pop rocks and have him spam it for me LOL

PSN working but all the games that need online passes aren't.

Kinda sucks that all those games are basically still useless for a bit if you never activated (or got a chance) to activate those codes.

[quote name='jman619']I spammed it and it let me back on. xD[/QUOTE]

ok ill try it again then. ok i guess its all good now any u2 players want to get a game going lets do it.

I can get on to Playstation Home, see my friends list, and such but I can't get on to Red Dead. Anyone else able to play Red Dead Multiplayer?

[quote name='oasisboy']So where is my free month of PSN + and free shit????????[/QUOTE]
It'll likely happen when the store is back up, though from the sounds of it they're still essentially bug testing PSN while it's up if people are getting the PSN maintenance message again.:whistle2:#

Updated my PS3 @ 1am, installed firmware. RIP PS3 at 2am :(

Dunno what it was, but that thing is d-e-a-d. Worked fine before the firmware, but now it's freezing

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Kinda hard for Sony to give us the free shit when the store isn't up, don't ya think?

My god use common sense people.[/QUOTE]

How about an "announcement" with dates and specifics. Sony had this bad ass conference to explain how they were going to offer compensation and such. If I get a fucking request to change my password immediately, I would expect an immediate message to pop up saying sorry about your credit card potentially being fucked with and tell me about some freebies.

Just saying...

[quote name='Foladar']Updated my PS3 @ 1am, installed firmware. RIP PS3 at 2am :(

Dunno what it was, but that thing is d-e-a-d. Worked fine before the firmware, but now it's freezing

[quote name='Pck21']Wow. The PSN is a complete and total piece of garbage. Guess I'll go back to my 360 then...[/QUOTE]

I only use 360 for exclusives and I usually stick with the system that has the better exclusives hence me liking Ps3 more.

I've been playing the GoW3 beta though, not bad.

[quote name='iwannadie']KBye.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused by your input. The PSN was hacked, and taken offline for 24 days. My credit card info, as well as my personal info, is likely compromised. I have 3 Playstation 3's, 2 PSP's, a Playstation 2, over 50 PS3 games, over 40 PSP games, 10 PS1 downloadable titles, 20 PS1 stand alone games, over 30 PS2 games, and I'm a PSN+ member. I'm a damn good customer for Sony.

Yea, I think I have every right to pissed, and call the PSN/Sony whatever I want at this point.

Kthxbye.

back online! obviously we're all upset about having our personal info hacked into.. but it could have happened from anywhere. Is there any place that's truly safe?

[quote name='oasisboy']How about an "announcement" with dates and specifics. Sony had this bad ass conference to explain how they were going to offer compensation and such. If I get a fucking request to change my password immediately, I would expect an immediate message to pop up saying sorry about your credit card potentially being fucked with and tell me about some freebies.

Just saying...[/QUOTE]

Umad bro? :roll:

[quote name='Pck21']I'm confused by your input. The PSN was hacked, and taken offline for 24 days. My credit card info, as well as my personal info, is likely compromised. I have 3 Playstation 3's, 2 PSP's, a Playstation 2, over 50 PS3 games, over 40 PSP games, 10 PS1 downloadable titles, 20 PS1 stand alone games, over 30 PS2 games, and I'm a PSN+ member. I'm a damn good customer for Sony.

Yea, I think I have every right to pissed, and call the PSN/Sony whatever I want at this point.

Kthxbye.[/QUOTE]

People need to use their head when putting their information online. Common sense I think still exist. I am glad that you are concerned and have more Sony items than most people, but that doesn't entitled you to get a better shot at Sony than the next person. This is the reason I am glad that I'm not in retail anymore. I would get the same excuse " I spend thousands of dollars on you and you should be grateful" bullshit. You sir are no better than the person that bought a unit and 1 game. Take it in perspective.

[quote name='Foladar']Updated my PS3 @ 1am, installed firmware. RIP PS3 at 2am :(

[quote name='xmbri']People need to use their head when putting their information online. Common sense I think still exist. I am glad that you are concerned and have more Sony items than most people, but that doesn't entitled you to get a better shot at Sony than the next person. This is the reason I am glad that I'm not in retail anymore. I would get the same excuse " I spend thousands of dollars on you and you should be grateful" bullshit. You sir are no better than the person that bought a unit and 1 game. Take it in perspective.[/QUOTE]

I worked retail, and hated when a customer said what I stated above. You know what though? The customer was always right. I am better than the person who bought one system with one game. Why? Because I gave Sony, the merchant I bought the games/systems, and the employees my money. I allowed them to keep their job, and get a paycheck that week. Could you imagine if all PS3 owners only bought one system with one game? The PS3 wouldn't last a year in the market. So, yes, I personally may not be important, but people like me are extremely important to Sony and the success of the PS3. I hate to say that, but it's true.

[quote name='Pck21']The customer was always right. [/QUOTE]

I've worked retail for 5 years and that statement is still bullshit. No matter how you sugar coat it.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Kinda hard for Sony to give us the free shit when the store isn't up, don't ya think?

My god use common sense people.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you've never met IATCG. He is the epitome of the Walmart shopper who is willing to trample an old lady for a cheap HDTV.

[quote name='Pck21']I'm confused by your input. The PSN was hacked, and taken offline for 24 days. My credit card info, as well as my personal info, is likely compromised. I have 3 Playstation 3's, 2 PSP's, a Playstation 2, over 50 PS3 games, over 40 PSP games, 10 PS1 downloadable titles, 20 PS1 stand alone games, over 30 PS2 games, and I'm a PSN+ member. I'm a damn good customer for Sony.

Kthxbye.[/QUOTE]

the fact is you're blaming Sony for something no company could have stopped/prevented. The hackers are the bad guys, and Sony are just the ones that got screwed. Sony is/will do everything it can to prevent it again, and will compensate us but realistically we are not owed anything unless you paid for PS+ which they will add the time onto your account as already stated. Get over yourself and realize there are bigger issues here than yourself.

[quote name='camoor']Obviously you've never met IATCG. He is the epitome of the Walmart shopper who is willing to trample an old lady for a cheap HDTV.[/QUOTE]

Not to defend him, but oasisboy was the one demanding FREE SH1T NAO, not Cheapest, who brought a common sense answer to the table instead.

And for the record, Cheapest hasn't been trampling old ladies for HDTV's until very recently, as he was gaming on an SDTV for the longest time. Now if only Walmart sold the good internets... :lol:

I wouldn't expect the free stuff from Sony too soon anyway, at least not until the end of May when everything will be operational first. I HIGHLY doubt Sony will be looking to give out the free goods before every aspect of PSN is up and running 100% again.

Remember folks, just because PSN is back online doesn't mean everything is where it used to be. Full restoration will take until the end of May

[quote name='FroMann']Uh... PSN just went down again "for maintenance", anyone else getting issues?[/QUOTE]
yeah, was online for my GT5 night and then GT5 gave an error, rebooted the router and now its under maintenance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try the Restore File System from the PS3's safe mode menu to see if that'll abate the freezing and other issues. It may just be that there's a file corrupted in there someplace.
[/QUOTE]

Will that delete my game saves or anything? I've been slowly taking my saves off the system, 3 minutes at a time every 3 hours.

[quote name='Velo214']wow, that sucks foladar. im so creeped out with modern consoles.
i dont want mine to die![/QUOTE]

It's my first console to ever give me an issue, so I guess I've been lucky (I own the 360, Wii, even the HD DVD player)

[quote name='Chitown021']My PS3 gave me a similar scare. Right after downloading and installing the firmware update I signed onto the PSN, changed my password, deleted my cc info, and then tried to play RE5 while logged in. The screen went black and my system was stuck for 10 minutes w/ the green light on. I couldn't even get the power button the front to respond so I had to pull the power cord (slim unit). When I powered it back on it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that's all it was, so I booted it down via the back switch and went to bed last night. Came back and figured it was working (stayed working for 3 mins) but it froze again and continued the freezing/not displaying issues.

Yeah mine is down as well...I tried the whole spamming thing but it didn't work. Attempted 10-15 sign ins and I just get the maintenance message...

Here is the reason why it is down again, shouldn't take long.
We’re currently experiencing an extremely heavy load of password resets, and so we recently had to turn off services for approximately 30 minutes to clear the queue.
As such, a large number of people are attempting to change their passwords at the same time, it’s taking longer than expected for all those emails to clear all of the ISPs.
If you’ve requested your password reset, please give it a bit of time to reach your email. Thanks for your patience as we work to get everyone back online.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/15/update-on-service-restoration-rollout/

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I'm still on, but not doing anything other then charging my iPod.[/QUOTE]
I logged out about an hour ago and this issue popped up around 3-4 hours ago. I think it only affects those that logged out of PSN recently and keeps those that stay logged in.

bread's done
Back