PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started the 360 version of Black Flag today (thank you $.40 Target deal) and man it is a downgrade compared to the PS4 version.

And fuck rain today, good fireworks show got cancelled here.

The OTT is basically what you're trying to do with this thread, which is where a lot of long-time CAGs gathered to talk about whatever including yours truly.

Edit: Oops. I guess I'm not supposed to be here, right? Oh well, everybody that hates me will have to deal with it.
Here's the thing Frisky...I have never once understood how you operate. You constantly post the same shit that's already been posted, like you've got breaking news or something. I have, several times, responded to someone answering a question or helping out...only for you to post 5 minutes later with the same answer, acting like a hero or some shit.

If I were you, I would have thrown rpg a few "likes" instead of just repeating the same shit all the time. You could of found something new to post, or joined the discussion that was already in progress.

I appreciate all you've done. But you just seem so ungrateful sometimes, and arguing with the regulars (that keep the thread at the top of the food chain) about off topic discussion didn't help you at all.

So I started the 360 version of Black Flag today (thank you $.40 Target deal) and man it is a downgrade compared to the PS4 version.

And fuck rain today, good fireworks show got cancelled here.
didn't black flag for 360 had 2 disc, that should tell you something.

I guess the apology wasn't accepted, so I guess I know where I stand now after all of the mocking and insults at me and calls for me to stop running the thread. If you guys really wanted, all you had to do was say so and I'd give it up. It would save me a lot of time, energy, and headache.

I've never liked a post. I don't see a reason to ever do so.
I've always appreciated the hard work you've put into the thread and I've said it several times. I just wish you could loosen up a little. I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone to just talk about games in a thread that literally has news once a week. For the most part, I feel it stayed pretty balanced.

Yes, there have been times that it's gotten fairly off track but it always found it's way back home. It is a thread centered around video games, after all.

EDIT: When and what apology?

Last edited by a moderator:
If people only talked about deals in the PSN thread then it would be lost on page 5 or 6 until the next week. I thought we were doing the thread a good thing by keeping it alive with great conversation until the next sale.

RPG should get a lot of credit since I usually see his posts then Friskys update 2 post down.

I think Frisky either has most of the regulars blocked or he just ignores them completely. But I tried to be nice about it in the past, and it's always met with confrontation, so eventually I got to a point where I said fuck it, I'll call out the bullshit. I still remember when he asked for suggestions on how to reformat the OP, and basically told everyone they were giving stupid suggestions and came up with the ridiculous color/letter coding that you forget what each one means by the time you get halfway through the post.

If people only talked about deals in the PSN thread then it would be lost on page 5 or 6 until the next week. I thought we were doing the thread a good thing by keeping it alive with great conversation until the next sale.

RPG should get a lot of credit since I usually see his posts then Friskys update 2 post down.
Usually RPG has better formatting too.

so is the plan to move every thread to off topic and watch the deals section die a painful death? seriously, how many posts can you make when there are NO deals. hell, the hottest deal right now is a mistake on a game that comes out in 8 months, and that was buried in a mega thread for half the day.

so is the plan to move every thread to off topic and watch the deals section die a painful death? seriously, how many posts can you make when there are NO deals. hell, the hottest deal right now is a mistake on a game that comes out in 8 months, and that was buried in a mega thread for half the day.
not to mention those ymmv deals, that only one person is able to duplicate.

My bad, was the last post I got to read and was rushing to do some things.

I suggest we talk about nothing but PSN deals in here just to stick it to Frisky. :rofl:

Probably the last time I come in here since it's not in the main thing and I'm unlikely to ever think of it again.

Well now you're subscribed, and it'll show in your notifications.. :blink:

Edit: Vigilante'd.

Here's the thing Frisky...I have never once understood how you operate. You constantly post the same shit that's already been posted, like you've got breaking news or something. I have, several times, responded to someone answering a question or helping out...only for you to post 5 minutes later with the same answer, acting like a hero or some shit.

If I were you, I would have thrown rpg a few "likes" instead of just repeating the same shit all the time. You could of found something new to post, or joined the discussion that was already in progress.

I appreciate all you've done. But you just seem so ungrateful sometimes, and arguing with the regulars (that keep the thread at the top of the food chain) about off topic discussion didn't help you at all.
When I browse the thread, I don't always refresh the page to see if somebody else has beaten me to the punch since that weird "there are three new posts" pop-up stays up for a few seconds at best, so I don't usually see that until after it's posted and by then, I just leave it and move on because it's not really worth deleting just to save face. I'm sometimes okay with leaving a mistaken repost up and looking like an idiot for a bit, but maybe I should've deleted it instead? I don't know. I've been working on not doing that as of late, but sometimes there's more important or additional info in an article of whatever that deserves to be mentioned anyway, haters/mockers be damned. I don't post anything expecting praise or likes or whatever. I just post it to help people out regardless of whether it's the good or bad news that they wanted.

I've never been one to really like/favorite/retweet things on any social media site and I've never understood the point of it, so I don't use that stuff. That's just not my thing.

I've always appreciated help or good constructive feedback that anybody can give, so this sort of post is one that annoys the fuck out of me since I don't like having to find out about issues in other places. If you have anything to say about me that isn't done in a jerk-ish way, I would have loved to hear it in the thread or via PM since I don't mind good ideas and recommendations.

My main gripe is that now I'll have to navigate to a subforum I don't normally visit so I can check the post counts for this thread...

Thanks again for leaving the PSN thread just as I was becoming famous, guys. :-({|=

everytime i buy a vita game on sale it goes ps+ soon after. soul sacrifice and muramasa im looking at you
Same with me. SS didn't bother me, I got it at launch and it went to Plus a few months later. Muramasa slightly irked me because it just went on sale not long before for a super cheap price. I wish they wouldn't do that, then just give it away free a few weeks later.

But even then, it doesn't bother me much. I buy the games I want when they hit prices I like. Not going to let a good thing like Plus change my buying or playing habits.

I have a feeling that other thread is going to die now.

Hey Hey I don't know who's talking shit about Frisky but that dude works hard and I appreciate everything he does.

Yeah it's stupid. Like I said the discussion is probably going to get fractured. I wouldn't mind if this thread took off and the other one died though. I mean, I'm sure none of the regulars use Frisky's OP anyway so it's always been just a discussion thread from the get-go.

We'll see. It's definitely dumb.
All the better to see all the threads about YMMV deals and what Best Buy made a typo on most recently.
You'll probably pick up a few undesirables as well :wave:
hi

Same with me. SS didn't bother me, I got it at launch and it went to Plus a few months later. Muramasa slightly irked me because it just went on sale not long before for a super cheap price. I wish they wouldn't do that, then just give it away free a few weeks later.

But even then, it doesn't bother me much. I buy the games I want when they hit prices I like. Not going to let a good thing like Plus change my buying or playing habits.
To be fair, you could've seen Muramasa coming a mile away, well before the sale. There were people even pointing it out in the thread at the time.

I've always appreciated the hard work you've put into the thread and I've said it several times. I just wish you could loosen up a little. I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone to just talk about games in a thread that literally has news once a week. For the most part, I feel it stayed pretty balanced.

Yes, there have been times that it's gotten fairly off track but it always found it's way back home. It is a thread centered around video games, after all.

EDIT: When and what apology?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/332424-psn-weekly-deals-71-summer-sale-week-2-5-steamworld-dig-5-txk-9-octodad-six-new-ps-games-out-now/page-32#entry11894835

I guess it's sort of my fault, but the hostile vibe of the thread sort of turned me off from "loosening up" more. The eager nature with which people wanted to mock the new posters for asking dumb questions was not what I wanted from that thread since I don't enjoy doing that to people that just have simple questions, even if it's answered the OP, which is why I answered a lot of those questions.

So, someone was crying about off topic again, psn isn't as bad as steam, and we have to find a new home cause the mods want to police Us, but are too lazy to police steam?

I'm ok with it though, cause we have this sweet new super friends pad, and psn > steam.

I think Frisky either has most of the regulars blocked or he just ignores them completely. But I tried to be nice about it in the past, and it's always met with confrontation, so eventually I got to a point where I said fuck it, I'll call out the bullshit. I still remember when he asked for suggestions on how to reformat the OP, and basically told everyone they were giving stupid suggestions and came up with the ridiculous color/letter coding that you forget what each one means by the time you get halfway through the post.
I'll reply to you just this once, but I don't think I've seen you make a nice post a good year or so. Before I blocked you late last year, you were quoting my posts and mocking them based on the way you twisted one little detail with the weirdest interpretation you could to try to start fights all of the time, so I put you on the ignore list so I didn't have to deal with it any longer because I never saw you post a since non-vitriolic post from you.

The only suggestion I recall getting from regulars was somebody told me to streamline the first post, which I wasn't sure in what way it could be streamlined and I didn't get a response to go into more detail. No other regulars give feedback on the thread. I don't know if you're just being an ass by saying the keys are stupid or not since you're typically like that.

The only people here on my ignore list are you and snakeybro, who creeped me the fuck out by saying I looked to manly to be scared by games like Dead Space. Jay was on it for pretty much the same reasons as you in that period where you two just mocked new people relentlessly, but he's obviously gone now.

yeah muramasa was eu freebie for a while but i was a lover of odin sphere so i wanted to grab it asap when it went on sale. yeah i hope steamworld dig and txk arent ps+ freebie soon, but really for $5 who is complaining. I know better than to buy stuff i don't need, but I still do it. I was glad I 'missed' the order promo earlier and hoping i can stay away from lord of shadow 2 and ffx-3 til it is super cheap.

also the glitched trophies make me firstworld rage but they don't put me off from buying/playing the game. the txk reviews on metacritic look pretty awesome so i think ill grab it anyway. it will be ps+ in the next few months ya know it.

i like how simmias got profstotch and i to play resonance of fate just by calling it out.

n yeah this is gonna be the same 20 dudes posting circle jerk thread. lol

I actually thought everyone had gotten bored with the joke hostility towards newcomers in the last month or so. maybe I want paying attention during the 400 times a day I refresh the thread.

off topic - mad respect for the folks that plat littlebigplanet. even with a guide it takes some skill and dedication.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/332424-psn-weekly-deals-71-summer-sale-week-2-5-steamworld-dig-5-txk-9-octodad-six-new-ps-games-out-now/page-32#entry11894835

I guess it's sort of my fault, but the hostile vibe of the thread sort of turned me off from "loosening up" more. The eager nature with which people wanted to mock the new posters for asking dumb questions was not what I wanted from that thread since I don't enjoy doing that to people that just have simple questions, even if it's answered the OP, which is why I answered a lot of those questions.
I haven't read any posts after my last one. Apology accepted but I'm not sure where that leaves us. We gave people a hard time but it was mostly all in fun. And we took it pretty damn easy on a lot of folks that definitely set themselves up. Hell, last night a guy didn't know his SSN among many other things and people didn't lay into him too bad because he knew how to present himself and be cool with others. You can't take everything you read from us literally. And seriously... if you didn't hate most of us it's news to me. The only posts I've ever seen you do are updates and to jump someone's shit. And a lot of your complaining was aimed at OT, which most of us partook in so it seemed to me that the list of people you got along with was pretty damn short. And granted, most of your posts are news and updates, but still... if that's the spectrum of your posts then what is everyone else supposed to think?

I browse through all the deals and make a few posts here and there, but I mainly stick to the PSN thread. If it needs to change that badly then I don't want to be a part of it. I'm not jumping back and forth from one thread to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back