PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some coop help? I wouldn't mind getting into it.
hell yeah. I need to get my head around where all the coop shit is first - I did the coop on lbp vita with jay and it was sooo much easier because he seemed to know what he was doing. a consumate professional, that one.

by the way, it's a fantastic game. I know it's part of the playstation brand so it's not exactly underappreciated, but I think people still manage to undervalue just how cool it is.

Are you playing BL2 on Vita? If so, how is it?
I actually started it up on PS3 a day or so before I opened my vita. I was contemplating selling the code but when you factor in the DLC it doesn't seem worth getting rid of.

I'm still getting used to the feel of the vita and it seems like FPSs would be really awkward. I know a lot of people liked KZ on there so maybe I just need to jump in and give it a whirl. I'd like to try some other FPSs on there and see what they feel like but I don't think I acquired any through PS+ except Stranger's Wrath and that controlled a little stiff on the big screen so I don't know if that would be a good test.

Ooooooo.... I guess I could always remote play Shadow Fall....

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like Killzone on Vita because I feel like it's not a system made for FPS. The smaller screen makes it seem like you have to be more precise with aiming, and that's not something the Vita is built for.

Should I sell Rayman Legends vita or play it? After Smart As, I'm starting to hate long term plats.
aside from the horrifying grindy ass online trophy, the game is outstanding. If you like origins, it really is an improvement (I think).

and yeah, I'm up for a scheduled 4 player bout in lbp. I'll start figuring out what needs to be done and maybe we can give it a go next week?

killzone vita was (I think) really fps newb friendly. I suck as a rule at fps games but I could play super well in killzone both in mp and sp.

I didn't like Killzone on Vita because I feel like it's not a system made for FPS. The smaller screen makes it seem like you have to be more precise with aiming, and that's not something the Vita is built for.
If you didn't like Killzone on the Vita, then forget BL2. I enjoy BL2 overall on the Vita, but the controls are awkward and take quite awhile to get adjusted to. I felt the KZ team nailed adapting FPS controls to a portable device, so if I felt BL2 was off with that in mind, you would probably never give BL2 time enough to get used to it.

Finally caught up after it. I didn't see no kid's hospital burn to the ground, but between Crytek going under and the PSN Thread being killed so it could rise anew, my day has been made. 

I will address that policing our old thread and leaving another to its devices is the most bullshit thing you can do. You have a simple enough job, either do it or don't. Second, I guess that having confrontational exchanges could lead to other members not getting involved in the off topic shenanigans. I admit freely that Stotch and I engaged in dumb competitions a lot, but it added fun for a while and others got more involved due to it. 

Having this new thread is good, since we can do away with the formalities "required" of us in the old one. I can praise your work Frisky, but you were too uptight and wanted the thread to handle itself in the way you envisioned, even if you didn't "impose" it on us. Our conversations, no matter how off topic, kept your thread as the most visible and clearly you can recognize that it will probably go to obscurity.

Finally caught up after it. I didn't see no kid's hospital burn to the ground, but between Crytek going under and the PSN Thread being killed so it could rise anew, my day has been made.
No love for Murdered: Soul Suspect??

Airtight Games RIP

Yea, no need to

I will address that policing our old thread and leaving another to its devices is the most bullshit thing you can do. You have a simple enough job, either do it or don't. Second, I guess that having confrontational exchanges could lead to other members not getting involved in the off topic shenanigans. I admit freely that Stotch and I engaged in dumb competitions a lot, but it added fun for a while and others got more involved due to it.

Having this new thread is good, since we can do away with the formalities "required" of us in the old one. I can praise your work Frisky, but you were too uptight and wanted the thread to handle itself in the way you envisioned, even if you didn't "impose" it on us. Our conversations, no matter how off topic, kept your thread as the most visible and clearly you can recognize that it will probably go to obscurity.
The biggest difference for the mods between the PSN and Steam thread is that the OP of the PSN one was opposed to the interactions while with the Steam one, everyone is on the same page. I don't mind the mods here, its not like this is their full time job (or get paid at all). They're just making judgment calls the best they can.

inan%C4%B1lmaz.gif

hell yeah. I need to get my head around where all the coop shit is first - I did the coop on lbp vita with jay and it was sooo much easier because he seemed to know what he was doing. a consumate professional, that one.
Wow, is that the roundabout way of telling me to step it up? And did you just give me homework?

Wow, is that the roundabout way of telling me to step it up? And did you just give me homework?
Jay is just that kind of gamer. When we played Portal 2 he killed it in the co-op. He always has a plan on how to get the most done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, Pete, topside, and bums? I'm free Wednesday - Friday night of next week.
And this is the part where I remember how fucked up my schedule is and tell you you'll probably have to get a new fourth. Even if I was awake at those times I probably couldn't pass up spending time with the family as my wife and I are basically tagging each other in and out to watch the kids.

The evenings are the only time of day when everyone is home at the same time and a lot of those times I'm asleep.

And this is the part where I remember how fucked up my schedule is and tell you you'll probably have to get a new fourth. Even if I was awake at those times I probably couldn't pass up spending time with the family as my wife and I are basically tagging each other in and out to watch the kids.

The evenings are the only time of day when everyone is home at the same time and a lot of those times I'm asleep.
we can at least knock out some of the 2p stuff in the mornings. it's like portal in that I don't seem to get sick of playing it, so I certainly don't mind. if I can figure out how to do some of 3p/4p with extra controllers you can be entertained by my feats of extraordinary blech.

doesn't crytek own the right to the darksiders series as well? if so, i guess no more darksiders 3

we can at least knock out some of the 2p stuff in the mornings. it's like portal in that I don't seem to get sick of playing it, so I certainly don't mind. if I can figure out how to do some of 3p/4p with extra controllers you can be entertained by my feats of extraordinary blech.
What time do you guys usually game in the AM?

I can be available some mornings as well if you guys need someone extra. I usually get up by 5:30a EST and don't leave for work until 7am.

I will say that Frisky has loosened up a lot in the last year or so. There was a time where the guy couldn't take a joke.

But Frisk, come on, bro. Let's bury this thing. Yes, I think the key/color thing is stupid. I'm sorry, I just don't like it. Others might think it's the greatest thing on the planet. I don't like it for the exact reason I said, because by the time I get down to the end of the post, I've forgotten what everything means. I don't offer a suggestion for anything better, because I don't have one.

I don't like when you post information as if it's breaking news, when it's usually things other people have said. I understand you might have been typing and you didn't refresh your page though.

I think I've only bashed new people for asking things when they're asking things that have been answered 100 times, 20 of those in posts on the same page. I'm sorry, but stupid/lazy people shouldn't just get a pass and be fed everything. I've even answered questions that are good questions. I don't go against new people, I'm against stupid people. If Tyler asked a stupid question, I'd make sure he got the response he deserved.
Sounds good.

It's hard to take feedback into account to improve the OP when they're not necessarily clear reasons that make it easy to figure out how to address it.

I for one will not be on in the mornings, sorry guys. I'm on starting at 9AM Est. So morning, just not as early so you psychopaths. I won't be able to mic up until after 530 each day since that's when I finish work.

Okay, looking for suggestions on what to play first on my vita.  Any of the past vita games we've gotten free from PS+ stand out as a something I should start with? 

Some that stuck out to me are Gravity Rush, Unit 13, and Velocity Ultra but I'm really lost when I look at the list 50+ games I've accumulated.

I didn't like Gravity Rush, but other people love it. Velocity is really good, I've heard good things about Unit 13 too. It's hard for me to remember all the games we got from plus. Didn't we get Rayman Origins? If so, I recommend that.

I for one will not be on in the mornings, sorry guys. I'm on starting at 9AM Est. So morning, just not as early so you psychopaths. I won't be able to mic up until after 530 each day since that's when I finish work.
I'll still help you when you have time. I'm only wake that early a couple days a week. Most of my gaming is done in the afternoon or night.

Okay, looking for suggestions on what to play first on my vita. Any of the past vita games we've gotten free from PS+ stand out as a something I should start with?

Some that stuck out to me are Gravity Rush, Unit 13, and Velocity Ultra but I'm really lost when I look at the list 50+ games I've accumulated.
Gravity Rush is really original and works well on the Vita. It's the first game I played on mine and I enjoyed it a lot.

Okay, looking for suggestions on what to play first on my vita. Any of the past vita games we've gotten free from PS+ stand out as a something I should start with?

Some that stuck out to me are Gravity Rush, Unit 13, and Velocity Ultra but I'm really lost when I look at the list 50+ games I've accumulated.
Wake Up Club. Best game on the Vita.

Wait, der, play Mutant Mudds. Awesome game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back