PSN Off-Topic - Happy Thanksgiving Chumps and Chumpettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, looking for suggestions on what to play first on my vita. Any of the past vita games we've gotten free from PS+ stand out as a something I should start with?

Some that stuck out to me are Gravity Rush, Unit 13, and Velocity Ultra but I'm really lost when I look at the list 50+ games I've accumulated.
Just dive in. Don't think just pick! If you don't like it move on. Although I do suggest Muramasa.

I don't know where that is. I always thought you were in the UK for some reason.
Close.... wrong [customspoiler='UK']
KENTUCKY-DRUMMER.gif
[/customspoiler].

ProTip: My UK account is TwistyKnickers

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, looking for suggestions on what to play first on my vita. Any of the past vita games we've gotten free from PS+ stand out as a something I should start with?

Some that stuck out to me are Gravity Rush, Unit 13, and Velocity Ultra but I'm really lost when I look at the list 50+ games I've accumulated.
I couldn't recommend the first two as starting points. Are we limited to freebies? If so, I would go with Uncharted or Rayman Origins. Both games are great showcases for the system.

If you haven't played it elsewhere, definitely get into Hotline Miami.

so with this new wild west setup, should I change my username to match my psn name like the cool kids?
Yes. Especially since I don't think your name is even Pete.

so is the plan to move every thread to off topic and watch the deals section die a painful death? seriously, how many posts can you make when there are NO deals. hell, the hottest deal right now is a mistake on a game that comes out in 8 months, and that was buried in a mega thread for half the day.
Exactly. I think a lot of us just got tired of the "stay on topic" bitching so by moving here we don't have to listen to it anymore.

I suggest we talk about nothing but PSN deals in here just to stick it to Frisky. :rofl:

Probably the last time I come in here since it's not in the main thing and I'm unlikely to ever think of it again.
What? Eld!??! NO! Don't go!!!!!

everytime i buy a vita game on sale it goes ps+ soon after. soul sacrifice and muramasa im looking at you
Buy Dragon's Crown please.

Should I sell Rayman Legends vita or play it? After Smart As, I'm starting to hate long term plats.
It's an awesome game, play it. Just don't go for the platinum. You can get like 90% of the trophies in the game normally, and then one or two are an unreasonably massive grind.

Don't need to beat the ghost levels to use her. I actually used her to beat the ghost levels and it made them super easy.
I should have done that. I didn't even think about that.

I'm out of likes but this definitely deserves one. Bunnies are awesome!

Even if I was awake at those times I probably couldn't pass up spending time with the family as my wife and I are basically tagging each other
So do that with the rest of your family around? Disgusting!

I'm getting a message that I've excited my quota for positive votes for the day. How the hell does Tyler do it?
Haha happened to me for the first time today too. It's funny getting that notification.

Had a sweet experience trading in Putty Squad.  Girl told me I was going to get $19.80 for it, which is double what I should have got.  She had to scan it multiple times so it must have actually gone through twice.

I was going to just go with it, but then my conscience hit so I said "Wow, did the value increase or something?" and she said no, that because I was GCU I got double the trade in value plus the 10%.  I knew this was wrong but I already kinda tried to point out her error once and I wasn't going to do it again.  So I said "cool" and took the $19.80.

Thanks LaundryMatt, Putty Squad turned into a really good buy for me.

Should I sell Rayman Legends vita or play it? After Smart As, I'm starting to hate long term plats.
What Yanksfan said:

Sell it if you have to get the plat, but play it if you can enjoy a fun game.
Don't need to beat the ghost levels to use her. I actually used her to beat the ghost levels and it made them super easy.
I did the same thing, though I didn't plan it out--I procrastinated playing the ghost levels long enough to unlock Grannie and figured, why not use her? I'm just using a tool that the game provided.

Had a sweet experience trading in Putty Squad. Girl told me I was going to get $19.80 for it, which is double what I should have got. She had to scan it multiple times so it must have actually gone through twice.

I was going to just go with it, but then my conscience hit so I said "Wow, did the value increase or something?" and she said no, that because I was GCU I got double the trade in value plus the 10%. I knew this was wrong but I already kinda tried to point out her error once and I wasn't going to do it again. So I said "cool" and took the $19.80.

Not to guilt-trip you (and you probably don't care to begin with), but that store might have issues trying to take inventory of two copies of Putty Squad when only one was traded in.

I can't believe I'm typing this: I was able to get all 232 stars in World Tour for SASRT. At this point, I have to beat all Grand Prix courses on Expert (3/10 done already), get the dreaded Team Sonic online trophy, and get the game completion to 100% by beating enough developer ghosts and earning mods for other characters.

After finally beating that Boost Race that I raged about the other day (and which went unnoticed), I feel like I can handle anything. :whee:

Not to guilt-trip you (and you probably don't care to begin with), but that store might have issues trying to take inventory of two copies of Putty Squad when only one was traded in.
I know. It sucks for them. I felt like my hint was enough for her to catch her mistake, but she had no desire to take a second look or admit she might have made a mistake. So I'm not worried about it. I wouldn't have been worried about it anyway but I try to be honest when I can.

Has anyone purchased the Muramasa DLC? Feedback?

Edit:
Shit was this too on topic?
Jay bought it I think. I don't know if that's helpful or not.

I go away on vacation and you kids get out of control. Figures.
Great, grandpa is back. :roll:

Tyler that's a sweet score. Haven't had anything like that at BB but I did have someone at GS give me the Xbox One value of Black Flag instead of the 360 copy I actually traded in. Was an extra $17.

Had a sweet experience trading in Putty Squad. Girl told me I was going to get $19.80 for it, which is double what I should have got. She had to scan it multiple times so it must have actually gone through twice.

I was going to just go with it, but then my conscience hit so I said "Wow, did the value increase or something?" and she said no, that because I was GCU I got double the trade in value plus the 10%. I knew this was wrong but I already kinda tried to point out her error once and I wasn't going to do it again. So I said "cool" and took the $19.80.

Nice, I'd never get that lucky. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I'm hoping my local library upgrades from books and vhs/dvd to PS4 and blu-ray like Vag Vig's does, that lucky fucker.

No numbers for until newt week or the week after. Going to be interesting with Xbone at $400 now and WiiU with Mario Kart 8 and E3 hype. I think PS4 will still win the month but we'll have to see.

Freedom Wars did really good in Japan, Vita just broke 3 mil units lifetime and PS3 just broke 10 million. PS4 is still well under a million because A) consoles are dying in Japan and B) there's not games Japanese people really want to play on it. Most the stuff released are western games.

I can't believe how many posts have already accumulated here. Is the other thread going to die?
A lot of the regulars here have said they don't want to post in that other thread anymore so there aren't two active threads to follow. Probably a good idea to avoid fragmented conversation as such.

Nice, I'd never get that lucky. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I'm hoping my local library upgrades from books and vhs/dvd to PS4 and blu-ray like Vag Vig's does, that lucky fucker.
Try Pravado's Library?

Trials Fusion is pretty great, but not nearly enough Supercross tracks and you can't download any in Track Central. Though I suppose that makes sense. I don't think I ever found one from TC that worked right in Evolution.

2 chapters into Rain and enjoying it so far.  Fairly simply but fun concept.  I think it's only 7 chapters long so I don't think it will grow stale.

Also, Neymar out for the rest of the cup.  I want Brazil to lose, but with all their best players on the field.  Really sucks for them.

I love fusion but damn the extreme tracks are f'n hard! I was able to complete them all in the other games but can only finish the first two in fusion. Hell I can't even pass the first obstacle on inferno IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back