PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo... do the PS+ 12 month cards ever go on sale anywhere? I'm almost due for a renewal and I wanted to see if I could maybe wait a little bit and save any money at all before I go ahead and drop the full $50 on a card.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Unless they've changed it, once you have a CC attached to a Gold Sub, there's no way to remove it outside of maybe calling them.

I don't have my main CC attached to XBL or PSN, so I don't have any problem having one attached to either. It's not a big concern for me.

The thing that bugs me about the renewal discussion is what people actually expect to happen when they sign up for a subscription service.[/QUOTE]

Depends what state you're in. I would recommend changing your state to Illinois. We're allowed to remove the CC from the account online.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Sooooo... do the PS+ 12 month cards ever go on sale anywhere? I'm almost due for a renewal and I wanted to see if I could maybe wait a little bit and save any money at all before I go ahead and drop the full $50 on a card.[/QUOTE]

Are you planning on buying Black Ops 2? If so, preorder it from Best Buy. When you do for $5, you can get their special CoD issue of @Gamer for free. Inside that magazine there is a $15 off coupon for a 12 month PS Plus card. The coupon expires a week from Saturday, I think. That's about the only deal I've seen in a year (excluding a one-time print ad error that some Targets honored).

[quote name='zillionandnine']Sooooo... do the PS+ 12 month cards ever go on sale anywhere? I'm almost due for a renewal and I wanted to see if I could maybe wait a little bit and save any money at all before I go ahead and drop the full $50 on a card.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking around for info on this myself and other than ebay it doesn't appear that these cards get discounted (unless you count the misprinted Target ad last year lol). I may have to bite on that BestBuy coupon in the CoD issue.

ign gave a ton of free psn+ codes but thats over so

apply for a sony credit card

-get 12month psn+ free
-get $50 psn code

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=psblog50PSN12MPSPlus&campaigncode=NI14GYG1

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Unless they've changed it, once you have a CC attached to a Gold Sub, there's no way to remove it outside of maybe calling them.

I don't have my main CC attached to XBL or PSN, so I don't have any problem having one attached to either. It's not a big concern for me.

The thing that bugs me about the renewal discussion is what people actually expect to happen when they sign up for a subscription service.[/QUOTE]

I had my card attached to my Gold account, and after being hacked I will never trust MS with my info again. Fortunately, only my MS points were wiped out and no charges against my card. I was part of the whole FIFA hacking scandal that MS refused to acknowledge until some soccer mom (pun intended) caused a big stink. Despite never having played FIFA, MS concluded after their investigation that I spent nearly $50 worth of points on FIFA gold teams and refused to give me the points back.

Long story short, as soon as I could get back online with my account, I removednmy CC intoned right from an option in Xbox settings. That was Julyish of 2011 and my Gold sub expired about two weeks ago after getting an email that my auto renew couldn't be completed because I have no card on file.

[quote name='Decker']As a physician, let me assure you that it's never a good idea to name your game PID.[/QUOTE]

Haha had to Google it, but that's pretty funny. :)

Toysrus sometimes has a sale on $50 PSN cards for $42. Or Fred Meyer sometimes has coupons that are get $10 off $50 in Electronics.

Are there really people complaining about a few clicks to turn off PS+ auto-renew that takes seconds? Go sign up for Fye's Backstage Pass, and get back to me in 31 days. Nearly guaranteed you will be charged...for the next 3 months.

Anyone else having trouble getting Renegade Ops for PS+? I've had it tell me it was "unavailable at this time" (or something to that effect) for the last 3 days when I try to get it.

By the way, I detest the new PS store. I can't tell what I got before or not. I used to depend on the red shopping bags to know which PS+ freebies I got before and which were new. Now I can't tell since apparently PS+ free games don't show as "purchased" like regular PSN items in the new store.

[quote name='io']Anyone else having trouble getting Renegade Ops for PS+? I've had it tell me it was "unavailable at this time" (or something to that effect) for the last 3 days when I try to get it.

By the way, I detest the new PS store. I can't tell what I got before or not. I used to depend on the red shopping bags to know which PS+ freebies I got before and which were new. Now I can't tell since apparently PS+ free games don't show as "purchased" like regular PSN items in the new store.[/QUOTE]

It does. Some of my things say "purchased" where as others that I did don't. Also I've been getting that error, so it's not just you.

I was able to just redownload it. Though a few other things have been giving me issues, and for some reason, whenever i try to re-download LittleBigPlanet or Infamous 1 and try to install them, it tells me its the PSP versions for both games.....

[quote name='io']Anyone else having trouble getting Renegade Ops for PS+? I've had it tell me it was "unavailable at this time" (or something to that effect) for the last 3 days when I try to get it.

By the way, I detest the new PS store. I can't tell what I got before or not. I used to depend on the red shopping bags to know which PS+ freebies I got before and which were new. Now I can't tell since apparently PS+ free games don't show as "purchased" like regular PSN items in the new store.[/QUOTE]

The only way to know if they were purchased is if you re-purchase those freebies by adding them to the cart you can test it with infamous2 or ratchet and clank all 4 one, it will say:

We're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time.

Which means it was already purchased.

But the stupidest thing is not that since games which are purchased you can find them and go grab them through their page, on the ps plus version you need to go to your download list like you usually did before, except I did it faster I knew the games I had purchased I just went into finding the game and seeing the red bag and redownload the game by there, now you can't do that.

[quote name='realit3y']The only way to know if they were purchased is if you re-purchase those freebies by adding them to the cart you can test it with infamous2 or ratchet and clank all 4 one, it will say:

We're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time.

Which means it was already purchased.

But the stupidest thing is not that since games which are purchased you can find them and go grab them through their page, on the ps plus version you need to go to your download list like you usually did before, except I did it faster I knew the games I had purchased I just went into finding the game and seeing the red bag and redownload the game by there, now you can't do that.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap, I think that's what it might be telling me for Renegade Ops. The thing is, I don't think I've purchased it before. I looked through my download list and didn't see it in the top portion. Unless it was free a long time ago maybe and is a repeat?

I don't mind going to the download list to redownload stuff as that's always the way I've done it. But I depended on the red bags for knowing what was new. It now says "purchased" on the free themes and avatars but not on the free games (probably something to do with the limited time agreement thing that pops up - you aren't really "purchasing" those).

[quote name='io']Well, crap, I think that's what it might be telling me for Renegade Ops. The thing is, I don't think I've purchased it before. I looked through my download list and didn't see it in the top portion. Unless it was free a long time ago maybe and is a repeat?

I don't mind going to the download list to redownload stuff as that's always the way I've done it. But I depended on the red bags for knowing what was new. It now says "purchased" on the free themes and avatars but not on the free games (probably something to do with the limited time agreement thing that pops up - you aren't really "purchasing" those).[/QUOTE]

Yes on the free games it won't show just do this:

Faster way:
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

login with your email login tied to your psn account and password
go through the download list and you can see since it was downloaded for free you should be having a free an expiration date on the game on the right section

Slower way:

On your ps3
Playstation Network Icon
Account Management
Transactions
History of transactions

I'm translating from what it appears in my language

Then just put a period between you think you have purchased it and you will see 0$ spent

Press on X and you will see what you bought as a freebie.

good luck

Hey I just want to make sure I'm understanding something correctly: if I let my ps+ lapse in the next few weeks, I will lose access to freebies I have already downloaded. If I leave a gap before I resubscribe, will I be albe to get them all back, or only the ones being offered at that time? In other words, do I need to keep a continuous subscription to maintain access to older freebies like JC2 and Walking Dead?

[quote name='exopuppy']Hey I just want to make sure I'm understanding something correctly: if I let my ps+ lapse in the next few weeks, I will lose access to freebies I have already downloaded. If I leave a gap before I resubscribe, will I be albe to get them all back, or only the ones being offered at that time? In other words, do I need to keep a continuous subscription to maintain access to older freebies like JC2 and Walking Dead?[/QUOTE]

It is my understanding that you will have access to the ones you got during your original subscription when you resubscribe. But I haven't let mine lapse nor do I intend to, so I don't know that from experience ;).

[quote name='exopuppy']Hey I just want to make sure I'm understanding something correctly: if I let my ps+ lapse in the next few weeks, I will lose access to freebies I have already downloaded. If I leave a gap before I resubscribe, will I be albe to get them all back, or only the ones being offered at that time? In other words, do I need to keep a continuous subscription to maintain access to older freebies like JC2 and Walking Dead?[/QUOTE]

Yes all the freebies you got will still be accessible once you resubscribe. Once you do all the purchase dates for the freebies will be updated to that day and they will all be moved to the top of your download list.

I let mine slide for a moth last time and still could play the other games once I resubscribed.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Question: where did the PSone section go? Was going to get jet moto.[/QUOTE]

It's under Games > PS3 Games > Classics. They've grouped PS1 & PS2 games together under one category now. They also have a search feature that you can pull up with the triangle button.

[quote name='Romeo']Can anyone recommend Wonder Boy, and does it work on the Vita?[/QUOTE]

While I haven't played any of the cheap Sega games yet (backlog). I will say for $1 you really can't go wrong with picking all of them up. Also, none of them will work on the Vita, just PS3.

I'm having the exact same problem with that game and Payday. On the store it doesn't show that I own them, but I have them both in my download list so it's not really a problem. It's weird though.

Sweet, definitely wanted RE5 Gold! Also got my prediction right in Frisky's guessing thread, so maybe I'll win that! :)

Also, from the blog:

Check back next week where we’ll have a puzzling new addition to the Plus family. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!

I like puzzle games, so looking forward to next week as well!

So looks like we got RE5 Gold for free after all. Eeeh, guess I'll get it. I think I know a few people who have the game & would be willing to do co-op.

& because I figure someone will ask what is included in Gold, here's the DLC that's included:

- Lost in Nightmares episode (unlocks after beating Chapter 3-1)
- Desperate Escape episode (unlocks after beating the game)
- Versus Mode
- 4 alt. costumes
- Mercenaries Reunion (8 new playable characters + new item and time placement for Mercenaries levels)

meh I already own RE5, I got the RE6 Anthology so I have all the resident evil games on psn. Looks like the preview images of the new ps store they were showing a couple of weeks ago were correct after all

Free RE 5? Eh. Don't know if I'll ever get around to it.

Any chance of any :psp: sales going on this month? Don't know if it's safe to buy any RPGs or not. (Buy em now, they go on sale next week)

Sweet, they are going with the discount, I might pick it up although the gameplay sounds kinda off. Also, maybe I should finally start playing RE5. I was gonna skip the Versus mode trophies but this might make it more popular.

I want to get the in motion dlc for Portal 2 but I don't own the playstation move, will I be able to play it with the DS3 controller? or is it ps move exclusive, does anyone know?

Also Portal 2 for $14 its a great deal for those that haven't gotten around to playing it yet

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Also Portal 2 for $14 its a great deal for those that haven't gotten around to playing it yet[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more! Portal 2 is a must buy at this price. Easily one of the most enjoyable games to come out of this generation.

[quote name='Zonic505']So looks like we got RE5 Gold for free after all. Eeeh, guess I'll get it. I think I know a few people who have the game & would be willing to do co-op.

& because I figure someone will ask what is included in Gold, here's the DLC that's included:

- Lost in Nightmares episode (unlocks after beating Chapter 3-1)
- Desperate Escape episode (unlocks after beating the game)
- Versus Mode
- 4 alt. costumes
- Mercenaries Reunion (8 new playable characters + new item and time placement for Mercenaries levels)[/QUOTE]

RE5 Gold also allows for motion control using Move. I was always tempted to buy Gold (despite owning all of the other DLC) for this reason because of how awesome RE4 Wii is. From what I was reading, though, the motion controls are not very well implemented here.

I always did like Playstation Blogs comment section (and also Major Nelson Blogs comment):

DrSmoov on November 5th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:
Worst update ever. What an awful and racist game. RE5:Kill all Black People – you should be ashamed. I sold this game 3 days after I was given it as a present. Did not beat it, did not care too. I sold it, and I am opposed to selling or buying used games, but that game was so awful it makers of that game deserved to suffer.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']I always did like Playstation Blogs comment section (and also Major Nelson Blogs comment):

DrSmoov on November 5th, 2012 at 9:23 am said:
Worst update ever. What an awful and racist game. RE5:Kill all Black People – you should be ashamed. I sold this game 3 days after I was given it as a present. Did not beat it, did not care too. I sold it, and I am opposed to selling or buying used games, but that game was so awful it makers of that game deserved to suffer.[/QUOTE]

I thought the "RE5 is racist!" complaints had died out a long time ago. I wonder if the PS Blog folks ever want to just shut off comments entirely to silence idiots like that.

[quote name='io']By the way, I detest the new PS store. I can't tell what I got before or not. I used to depend on the red shopping bags to know which PS+ freebies I got before and which were new. Now I can't tell since apparently PS+ free games don't show as "purchased" like regular PSN items in the new store.[/QUOTE]

This so much, I guess it's not that big of a deal since I have all the Plus items in my download list, but it bothers me to no end. Hope it gets fixed (not even sure if it is an error).

[quote name='tylerh1701']Sweet, definitely wanted RE5 Gold! Also got my prediction right in Frisky's guessing thread, so maybe I'll win that! :)

Also, from the blog:

I like puzzle games, so looking forward to next week as well![/QUOTE]

I hope it's Cubixx HD (that's the selfish me talking since I suspect it'll be Catherine but I don't want it to be Catherine since I bought it not too long ago).

To be honest Catherine would be a great addition for those that don't have it already.

Catherine was just on sale, so I don't think it'd be that. I'm going to assume it'll be a PSN game since we got a free retail game already.

[quote name='StrangeInStereo']This so much, I guess it's not that big of a deal since I have all the Plus items in my download list, but it bothers me to no end. Hope it gets fixed (not even sure if it is an error).

I hope it's Cubixx HD (that's the selfish me talking since I suspect it'll be Catherine but I don't want it to be Catherine since I bought it not too long ago).

To be honest Catherine would be a great addition for those that don't have it already.
[/QUOTE]

After all the backlash they got back in June for giving Infamous 2 free after a bunch of people bought it because it was on sale, I really think they'll try and avoid that mistake again.

[quote name='StrangeInStereo']

[/QUOTE]

I had very little fun with Cubixx HD, FWIW.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I thought the "RE5 is racist!" complaints had died out a long time ago. I wonder if the PS Blog folks ever want to just shut off comments entirely to silence idiots like that.[/QUOTE]

With no context whatsoever, I can imagine why middle-class suburbanites might have reacted that way to a few screenshots. When will they realize the T-Virus doesn't discriminate based on race?? ;)

There are a lot of reasons to not finish RE5 and get rid of it in a hurry, but racial undertones ain't one of 'em =)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ition-free-for-plus-portal-2-discounted-more/

Here's what is coming to PS+ this week:
Oh hey, November. Almost didn’t see you there with all of your fall colors, national holidays, and general autumn revelry. While the temperature may be dropping, Plus is getting ready to deliver some great content. We’re happy to kick off this month with Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, free for PlayStation Plus members! There’s more to discuss of course, so read on to get info on all the goods.
Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 5th PlayStation Plus Update

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Free for Plus Members

This version of the original acclaimed Resident Evil 5 expands on the action-packed gameplay by including 2 extra episodes, one of which features Chris Redfield with series veteran Jill Valentine, along with extra costumes, content, and more. Of course it comes with the complete Resident Evil 5 story; playable solo, or via local or online co-op. If you haven’t tried one of the best Resident Evil titles this generation, now is your chance.

Portal 2

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $13.99)

One of 2011’s best titles and on multiple ‘Game of the Year’ lists, Portal 2 is coming to PSN and is coming in at a steal of a price for Plus members. Navigate ground breaking environment-based puzzles based on moving your character through a series of self-generated portals while experiencing the game’s outstanding story. This release also coincides with a patch for the game that enables PlayStation Move support as well!

Portal 2 In Motion

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

So you wanted more Portal? PlayStation Move owners get the exclusive slice of cake with Portal 2 In Motion. The new addition to the series introduces new gameplay mechanics; including scaling and rotation of objects as well as portal surfing. These new abilities are all required as the player progresses through an increasingly challenging set of test chambers, but require new thinking to solve.

When Vikings Attack (Cross-Buy on PS Vita and PS3)

30% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $6.99)

Another PlayStation Network exclusive; this dynamic adventure features fast-paced battles pitting up to four co-operative players against the Viking hordes, and maniacally competitive “Versus” arenas where players can test their skills against friends. With online cross-platform play, and a certified Cross-Buy game where buying it on one device entitles you to downloading it on the other; Plus members will be getting the best deal on this one-of-a-kind PlayStation experience.

ABSOLUTE SUPERCARS (Only available in US)

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $9.99, PS Plus Price: $7.99)

If you’re looking for an accessible racing game that still beats with the heart of some of the world’s audacious supercars, look no further. From Ferrari, to Pagani, to Aston Martin and McLaren, there’s a car for everyone and a series of stunning tracks to race them on.

It’s a jam-packed lineup this week, and there will be plenty more to come throughout the month. Before we go, let’s take a look back on some of the content we released in October and get your thoughts on what hit you the best.

Check back next week where we’ll have a puzzling new addition to the Plus family. Until then, I’ll see you in the comments!
I think I know exactly what will be added next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back