PSP Go thread-

[quote name='Bivensra']Ok Gentlemen (and any Ladies who may read this). I have complained about this multiple times and now I am officially reaching out for help. I will pay someone via paypal if it becomes necessary. I bought the Go so I can travel w/ a couple of movies, games and cds in a convenient package. Never bothered to try this w/ my 2 other PSPs so I did not realize how difficult it is to transfer a purchased DVD to the unit. I have a friggin law degree and cannot figure out how to do this. I need step by step instructions and if necessary I will friggin pay. What I am basically asking is for someone to walk me through the entire process b/c everything else I have tried either does not work or I am left w/ 5337 mb of memory yet Media Go says I have 2 cds, 5 saves, and one movie (as a example). Please help a CAG out and thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
If you're using Handbrake on the PC try this.

First, make sure you have the DVD in. Go to the top left hand corner and go to source, then click your DVD/DVD drive. It will try to analyze the disc for whatever it needs (Note: if you're having a problem at this step there may be some form of copyright protection preventing it and it will just hang [this happened to me], if you have another DVD try it out instead).

Now, on the right hand side under presets click PSP. It should select the correct size corresponding to the movie's aspect ratio and codec/format.

Next, choose a destination. Somewhere in the middle of the program there should be a browse button or something similar. Click that and choose a place to save and enter a file name. Now you can start encoding the video by hitting encode video or similar.

For something basic that should cover it. I don't have access to the program at the moment though so it may be different (especially if you have an older version). If I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me and help you out.

[quote name='SentryOmega']If you're using Handbrake on the PC try this.

First, make sure you have the DVD in. Go to the top left hand corner and go to source, then click your DVD/DVD drive. It will try to analyze the disc for whatever it needs (Note: if you're having a problem at this step there may be some form of copyright protection preventing it and it will just hang [this happened to me], if you have another DVD try it out instead).

Now, on the right hand side under presets click PSP. It should select the correct size corresponding to the movie's aspect ratio and codec/format.
[/QUOTE]

provided he has anydvd properly running, the protection should be disabled, though he would probably get better performance by first ripping the disk to his hdd (through anydvd)

Also, the most current version of handbrake has decided to remove the psp (and ps3/x360) presets, so he should use the 'normal' setting. (x264 for video and aac for audio)
try running a conversion or two and see how it works. Usually on my machine, a full dvd conversion takes about 30 minutes to encode.

731068181_UQYiV-L.jpg

Thanks for the assistance. I tried this w/ the Wolv movie. I made sure that AnyDVD was open. Selected Disk-Source-DVD. Highlighted Sony PSP. The destination automatically went to the C:\Documents and Settings\robiven\MyDocuments\XMen_Origins_Wolv_1.m4v. I tried this before so before and had subtitles on the download. This time I went to subtitles and hit remove. The file was 708 MB and transferred b/ there were subtitles. Does anyone know how to remove them and the download took approx as long as the length of the movie which is 1:47 min. So aggravating.

So I've decided to get a white PSP Go with a combination of gamestop credit and Christmas money. I got a PSP1000 when they were released but it broke after about a year, and I don't have any UMDs or anything, and everything about the Go seems appealing to me.

Has anyone bought the first party screen films? http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75782 If they are alright I will just pick one up when I get the psp for convenience.

I will be getting the soft case and probably those screen covers, anything else that is must-have or particularly great to get as well?

[quote name='Bivensra']Ok Gentlemen (and any Ladies who may read this). I have complained about this multiple times and now I am officially reaching out for help. I will pay someone via paypal if it becomes necessary. I bought the Go so I can travel w/ a couple of movies, games and cds in a convenient package. Never bothered to try this w/ my 2 other PSPs so I did not realize how difficult it is to transfer a purchased DVD to the unit. I have a friggin law degree and cannot figure out how to do this. I need step by step instructions and if necessary I will friggin pay. What I am basically asking is for someone to walk me through the entire process b/c everything else I have tried either does not work or I am left w/ 5337 mb of memory yet Media Go says I have 2 cds, 5 saves, and one movie (as a example). Please help a CAG out and thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The easiest program to use for the PC to convert your dvds to play on a portable device that I have found is Blaze DVD Copy. It works like a champ.

http://www.blazevideo.com/dvd-copy/

[quote name='ajumbaje']would you suggest the psp go or the 3000 model for someone getting it for pretty much the first time. I have no umds.[/QUOTE]

For the simple fact that if you buy a game and don't like it, you can resell or trade it.

Also you can put the extended life battery into the 3000.

I finally caved in and will be buying a Go tomorrow. I travel a lot...like months at a time...and the ability to not have to carry around/switch UMDs plus the ability to use wifi to buy new games is what finally pushed me over the edge.

While I do wish Sony would figure out the online store pricing (ie. how to make DD a bit cheaper than UMD) I'll just live with it and pay the higher prices for the sake of convenience. Kind of sucks but its worth it to me.

[quote name='blackjaw']I finally caved in and will be buying a Go tomorrow. I travel a lot...like months at a time...and the ability to not have to carry around/switch UMDs plus the ability to use wifi to buy new games is what finally pushed me over the edge.

While I do wish Sony would figure out the online store pricing (ie. how to make DD a bit cheaper than UMD) I'll just live with it and pay the higher prices for the sake of convenience. Kind of sucks but its worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Well technically you could do all that with the 3000, but I'm one to support the Go since I thought the 3k wasn't portable enough, so I do understand.

And yes, I also wish Sony/publishers would get on board with resolving price discrepancies between UMD and download.

[quote name='maximumzero']3000.

For the simple fact that if you buy a game and don't like it, you can resell or trade it.

Also you can put the extended life battery into the 3000.[/QUOTE]

I have seen a couple people say this. I have never really had an issue with not liking a game, I think this is largely due to the fact I rarely buy games and read reviews/watch videos before almost any purchase.

The major concern I have, is the games. The game I really want is Valkyria Chronicles 2 for the PSP. It will be released this summer I believe and I have been thinking of getting a PSP anyway as something to carry and game with, which is what makes the Go an appealing platform.

Do you guys believe Sony will slowly convert most of its current library (though some already have been) to the store? Can I trust that VC2 might make it? It isn't a "major" release like LBP so I am concerned.

I never really weighed in on my thoughts on this system.

My gf bought me one for my birthday back in October. Obviously I'm going to give it a shot for free. She got it for me since I take the train to school almost everyday.

Now, the lack of sales and DD only is a downer. However, having your whole collection, on a tiny device, is spectacular. I barely ever played my PSP 2000 unless I was sitting around my house because it couldn't fit in my pocket and carrying UMDs on the train would be a huge pain.

There are some definite downsides to the Go, but for someone in my position, there are also huge pluses. Also, I'd like to think when the PSP2 comes out, it will be much more likely for your downloaded PSP games to work over UMDs.

The sales for the thing do get me a little nervous. I'm afraid Sony will just throw their hands up and just stop supporting it and releases on the PSN. If that happens, not sure what I'll do.

for anyone looking for a hard plastic shell case for your PSP and not getting many results (except Play-Asia) I found this one from GainGame.com and ordered it for like $8 shipped and you can use PayPal.

The case is pretty good, however it has a main flaw in that the portion for the backside is way to thick that any external button pressing will require tiny fingers or a stylus type object. Also, nothing will plug in, no headphones, no USB cable. I think its just a flaw in that they made it to thick.

So wtf am I doing writing this? Well the front portion of the case works fine while giving you FULL protection over your screen. Also with this applied it still fits in the official neoprene soft case (however you will notice minor expanding at first) and probably the zipper pouch w/ plastic holder for backside (haven't tried yet) However, I want to point out that if somebody is handy with a dremmel tool and has patience, you could modify the hell outta the backside so that it is fully functional. I have neither..

So for $8 to get full protection for your front side, its not bad. Their customer service is excellent. I emailed them about the design flaw and they immediately responded practically saying they'd refund my money or give me a different product. I just didn't respond. I think the aluminum case will be skinnier, maybe I can go w/ that on the back side and plastic on front..

http://www.gaingame.com/clear-crystal-case-for-psp-go-p-6592.html

I recently bought a Go of a guy on my ship and totally recommend anyone picking one up to look into Zagg's Invisible Shield. Hard to put on, just use a lot of the solution, but once on its scratch resistant and covers 95% of the Go. I combine it with Sony's soft case and i'm good to go.

[quote name='seanr1221']Link?[/QUOTE]

http://www.zagg.com/

I'm a huge fan of the Zagg Invisible Shields. I have them on my Ipod Touch and my Palm Pre. They are excellent but a little pricey unless they've got a coupon going or they have another half off everything on their website day.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']http://www.zagg.com/

I'm a huge fan of the Zagg Invisible Shields. I have them on my Ipod Touch and my Palm Pre. They are excellent but a little pricey unless they've got a coupon going or they have another half off everything on their website day.[/QUOTE]

I agree on the price but the fact that you can keep them on pretty much forever and they look the same makes me love them. I had one on my last cell phone and it was still good to go after almost a year of use.

Use PROTECT20 at zagg to always get an extra 20% off

I have zaggs on both my iphones, ds lite, GoW PSP and ipod touch...cant beat the lifetime warranty either

The Zagg shield is LEGIT. You could drop the PSP into a bucket of nails and it'll be protected. When you put the thing on it looks like crap but give it 24 hours and once the plastic sets and the bubbles push out you can hardly tell there's anything on it. Plus it's easier to grip than the slick plastic.

Definitely, definitely get a Zagg Invisible Shield if you have a go or iPhone or iPod. You won't regret it. I got mine off Ebay super cheap. If someone's taking an offer on Ebay just offer them $17 (or less maybe!) and it'll be the best purchase to protect the system.

Screen Protectors are the biggest bullshit ever.

I ordered a Hori brand one from Amazon the other day, and in the meantime I purchased a Best Buy one to put onto my 3000. Didn't go well. So now I have to decide between the screen looking like shit because of a screen protector or the screen looking like shit because of no screen protector.

[quote name='orntar']unless your skipping it across the floor, i don't know why any one needs these things.[/QUOTE]
1)Because it's an expensive electronic device. I'd rather spend a few dollars to protect my investment. Same thing goes for my iPod touch. I listen to it all the time and it's slipped out of my hands or pocket a few times and I was sure as hell glad I had a cover on it.

If (and that's an if) I ever do drop the system I'll be happy to replace the scratched cover for $10 than replace a cracked/scratched/scuffed PSP that'll probably be out of warranty.

2)The plastic on the Go is glossy as hell. The Zagg shield doesn't make the plastic as slippery and it doesn't pick up fingerprints in the same way the plastic does.

[quote name='maximumzero']Screen Protectors are the biggest bullshit ever.

I ordered a Hori brand one from Amazon the other day, and in the meantime I purchased a Best Buy one to put onto my 3000. Didn't go well. So now I have to decide between the screen looking like shit because of a screen protector or the screen looking like shit because of no screen protector.[/QUOTE]
For the larger PSP's (I have a 1001) the Logitech Playgear Pocket is great and I couldn't recommend it enough. My PSP still looks brand new since I've had it in there whenever I'm traveling.
PSP-slim-black.jpg

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']For the larger PSP's (I have a 1001) the Logitech Playgear Pocket is great and I couldn't recommend it enough. My PSP still looks brand new since I've had it in there whenever I'm traveling.
PSP-slim-black.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I has one of those. I actually had one for my original PSP and then had to buy the smaller revision when the slim came out. Heh.

[quote name='orntar']unless your skipping it across the floor, i don't know why any one needs these things.[/QUOTE]

'Cause if I were to remove the screen protector on my psp 1001 (launch day) it can surely be considered new.
Anytime the screen gets cleaned with a cloth (not wiped with their hannds as I see others do), it's reassuring that any hairline scratch will go on my protector and not the screen.

I never understood why people wipe these things on their jeans or with their bare hands. I cringe whenever I see somebody do that.

Anyone who cares about these expensive toys will not use them without a screen protector.

[quote name='dragonjud']
Anyone who cares about these expensive toys will not use them without a screen protector.[/QUOTE]

thats fine for you, but i disagree

I took my screen protector off tonight because I wanted to clean it and reposition it and yep, two scratches. One in the top right, kinda curved, and one along the middle of the screen, horizontal. They're hairline and you ahve to look to find 'em but they're there and now it'd gonna bug the piss outta me.

My Hori protectors can't get here soon enough so I can junk this BB one.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']For the larger PSP's (I have a 1001) the Logitech Playgear Pocket is great and I couldn't recommend it enough. My PSP still looks brand new since I've had it in there whenever I'm traveling.[/QUOTE]
I use the same thing for my PSP-1000. Oddly enough, the only scratches and scuffs I've gotten on my PSP *all* happened when I took it out of its Logitech Playgear Pocket case. Hmm.

As far as the static cling screen protectors go, I've always loved Hori. I'm a fan of the Zaggs shield too but only when I can use a coupon :lol: I only stick with their screen shields since that's the only part I don't want to get scratches, that and the whole body skins are a pain in the ass to apply from my past experience.

Put a Zagg on my PSP Go's screen a few weeks ago, now I don't feel nervous keeping it in my pocket with other stuff.

So I was just playing my Go, and wanted to switch games. Hit the home button, end game, and now it is stuck on 'please wait' I slid it shut (which I have set to sleep mode) and nothing. Hold down the off switch and nothing. Guess I will wait for the battery to go dead, and hope for the best. Has this happened to anyone else?

Regarding PSP screen protectors, I just added this post to another thread:

After looking at review after review of screen protectors, I bought the BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector for the PSP Slim I received for Christmas:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/cleartouch/cleartouch-gaming-screen-protector.htm

It's more expensive than most others ($12.95), but does not require any solution and can be re-used. It was a bit difficult to apply at first, though by using the Scotch tape trick to remove dust particles, I got it applied over the screen - it works well and looks great.

[quote name='dragonjud']'Cause if I were to remove the screen protector on my psp 1001 (launch day) it can surely be considered new.
Anytime the screen gets cleaned with a cloth (not wiped with their hannds as I see others do), it's reassuring that any hairline scratch will go on my protector and not the screen.

I never understood why people wipe these things on their jeans or with their bare hands. I cringe whenever I see somebody do that.

Anyone who cares about these expensive toys will not use them without a screen protector.[/QUOTE]

I care about my PSP and have never used a screen protector nor have any desire to waste my money or cover my image with them. If you keep it in a decent case when you're not using it and clean the screen (if needed) with a microfiber cloth you will never have any issues with scratches to your screen.

I've been using my PSP Go a lot lately. I sold most of my UMDs to clear up space. I used the money to buy some PSN cards to download some of the games. There were some good deals; especially on the MGS games. I didn't realize they had a bundle for MGS PO, MGS PO+ and MGS DGN for $30. It's convenient not having to carry around all of the UMDs but I don't like the prices on the PSN so I have to wait for a sale.

[quote name='Ed_']I've been using my PSP Go a lot lately. I sold most of my UMDs to clear up space. I used the money to buy some PSN cards to download some of the games. There were some good deals; especially on the MGS games. I didn't realize they had a bundle for MGS PO, MGS PO+ and MGS DGN for $30. It's convenient not having to carry around all of the UMDs but I don't like the prices on the PSN so I have to wait for a sale.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to buy at those prices, so everything I have so far has been 'on sale' at some point or another.

[quote name='Ed_']I've been using my PSP Go a lot lately. I sold most of my UMDs to clear up space. I used the money to buy some PSN cards to download some of the games. There were some good deals; especially on the MGS games. I didn't realize they had a bundle for MGS PO, MGS PO+ and MGS DGN for $30. It's convenient not having to carry around all of the UMDs but I don't like the prices on the PSN so I have to wait for a sale.[/QUOTE]

Hey can I ask how is age of zombies?

It's fun and quirky; though I'll tell you it wouldve been so much better with a second analog stick! I know that's the case with most psp games. It get tedious holding down the X, O, [ ], ^ buttons to shoot.

I'm still don't understand why Sony didn't just made this a touch screen. The screen is so perfect for it..

[quote name='RIPANTHONY8008']can anyone tell me where i can find a list of pspgo games?im considering buying one soon but i need to know what games are available for it?[/QUOTE]

Just go to the PSN store on PS3. Or Media GO (you have to download it, it's like iTunes)

bread's done
Back