Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
As an associate of RadioShack myself, I can say that this promo is awesome, I've been eyeballing some TB X12's in my store and now have the opportunity to get them almost free. Also, you can't buy any form of cards (iTunes, PSN, Xbox, etc.) with your gift card, unless you are the lucky to get a trainee as I would never do this. Now I need to head to my GameStop for some .99 games!

As an associate of RadioShack myself, I can say that this promo is awesome, I've been eyeballing some TB X12's in my store and now have the opportunity to get them almost free. Also, you can't buy any form of cards (iTunes, PSN, Xbox, etc.) with your gift card, unless you are the lucky to get a trainee as I would never do this. Now I need to head to my GameStop for some .99 games!
The two girls that rung this up for me just gave me a gift card. They didn't require me to buy anything on the spot. So unless the computer doesn't allow it, I can buy gift cards with it. I'm thinking of getting PSN cards since Amazon credit isn't that hard to obtain through trade-ins.

I took my gift card to another store and bought a Kindle card.

Just a heads up, I tried this with my ID yesterday in hopes to trade in 5 Wii Fits. Manager said it would work and we start the process. They  scan one and then ask for my ID. So I give it to them and he enters in the details. He then goes to scan the 2nd game and it denies him saying I already did the deal. So he tried everything to cancel it but was unable. So I just take the $5 giftcard and go.

Today tried the same thing with my GF's ID. Same problem happens. They clerk called the support line and the guy said there is no way to cancel it the initial trade in. The clerk was very helpful but could do nothing about the trade. So I take the $5 giftcard.

Moral of the story: make sure they have all 5 scanned/entered in before you give them your ID. 

eh... After i received my gift card I swiftly picked out a Kindle card and tried to buy it. Cash register gal looked at her manager (who was standing there the whole time helping with the trade in) said go ahead and it worked.

If not just find another Radio Shack.

Lucky you, our store policy states no gift card to prepaid as PSN and Xbox fall in that category. But yeah YMMV as to what stores will take the gift cards as payment.

Had luck at a different store, though I traded in legit items this time. DMC 1-3 PS2, Oblivion GOTY PS3 and MK vs DC PS3. They only verified the promo said games as well and just scanned the games in no problem. Also didn't have a problem getting a Kindle Card.

Just got back from RS for the 2nd time.  The wife traded in this time.  Got the same guy and he was cool just like last time but said that they had made a mistake and I should have had to make a purchase and not get a gift card.  No problem for me.  Got a nice new USB keyboard in trade for a bunch of worthless old games this time.  The store doesn't carry PS cards and I didn't want to ask about Amazon cards.

Hoping this deal continues until my mother visits.  There are a few tools I wouldn't mind getting.

theres a gamestop right across the street from the radioshack near me, so i went there and picked up 5 $0.50 old madden games ($3.15 out of pocket) and everything went smooth at radioshack. they let me buy an amazon card too. i told the two ladies working there that the old football games were on sale at gamestop after they finished ringing me up, i think they were both going to do the same thing when they got off heh.

is this deal a one time only deal

edit is it one time per store

Last edited:
All sports games were 50% off at my local Gamestop store. Picked up some old Maddens for hella cheap after that and the 10% for PUR.

I went to the radioshack and it worked but it took a half hour for just one transaction.

the lady had to call her manager because she didn't believe me, then had to enter my dl# and info separate for every item, and look each item up, and give out two separate gift cards for some reason.

its a hassle but worth it in the end I guess. I'm going to another one with my wife and brother in law later and hope they do it the faster way.

she wouldn't take my old phone or headsets because they weren't in the system either. Only the ps2 games I had.

I went to the radioshack and it worked but it took a half hour for just one transaction.

the lady had to call her manager because she didn't believe me, then had to enter my dl# and info separate for every item, and look each item up, and give out two separate gift cards for some reason.

its a hassle but worth it in the end I guess. I'm going to another one with my wife and brother in law later and hope they do it the faster way.

she wouldn't take my old phone or headsets because they weren't in the system either. Only the ps2 games I had.
Be grateful. This promotion could not exist. :)

Finally found a good home for Brink and ESPN Sports Connection Wii U. Dumped 5 more crap games.

I love this promo and Kindle cards.

Anyone is NYC have luck. Because when I search a zip code it seems no NYC stores are participating in this promotion.

Damn no stores near me are part of the tradein program?
Right I knew I was forgetting to say something yesterday. Don't listen to the store locator that says which stores are participating in this. It told me that there was only one store was participating in this, a store that had already closed down a few weeks ago. Instead I went to another Radio Shack that was not listed as a place doing the promotion and they still did it. Any Radio Shack (not in Florida) should do it, probably.

ESPN is worth $7 before bonuses at Gamestop. You kind of wasted some Gamestop credit by send it to Radioshack.
I don't shop at GS so you'll never see me there trying to build credit. After they tried selling gutted games as NEW to me I give my business else where. I still profited cause I only paid $1 for it so win win for me. I'd would rather lose $2 then getting asked to per-order every game that coming out.

Went to GS and picked up a few ps2 games since they had 75% off of their price tag. Paid around 50 cents for each game.

Traded them in at Radioshack, but 1 of the games did not go through, however, the dude was nice enough and filled in some BS so I could get the $25.

Out of curiosity I asked them what they do with all the junk and he said that they will destroy them with a hammer. 

I (well, my wife, since my DL is already logged with five trade ins) traded in a code based PC game today, along with a PS2 Madden game (it was $0.25 at GS iirc), and three free flight earbuds.

Got a $25 GC, they didn't sell kindle cards at the store. I hope there is a way to search which stores sells kindle cards (is there?).

Has anyone tried with a passport after they traded with their DL?

traded in 5 xbox one games, mvp baseball madden 06 tetris forza and something else, got them all for free anyway. Got a giftcard, so im assuming I can buy a psn card or something with it.

I don't shop at GS so you'll never see me there trying to build credit. After they tried selling gutted games as NEW to me I give my business else where. I still profited cause I only paid $1 for it so win win for me. I'd would rather lose $2 then getting asked to per-order every game that coming out.
Oh. I guess I can respect that. Thing is, Gamestop has made me a lot of money. I enjoy making money at their expense, so I get back at Gamestop's shady ways by making money and costing them some all at once. So that's why I still shop there.

Hmm, I've got a few crap PS2/PS3 games lying around, I just might have to go try this on one of my lunch breaks later on this week.  Even if there's nothing in store I can always use it online...  I could finally pick up Super Luigi U for $5 out of pocket. :bouncy:

They would be delighted. They have been getting airline earbuds all day. :whee:
This truly is the final nail in Radio Shack's coffin. And they went out with a "Cccccccchhhhhheeeeeeaaaaaappppp Aaaassssssss Gggggaaaaammmmmmeeeeerrrrr!!!!!" not a bang!

It's to bad the only people doing this promo are cags. It really is a great promo for regular Joe's. They clearly just want to get us in the store. Too bad their own employees dont care enough to stop us from getting Amazon cards. Too bad for them that is. Its great for us.

bread's done
Back