Raptr Rewards 5/17: 1 free month of XBL Gold and 2 free XBLA games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys any sure way to use proxies or proxy server cause I've spent 5+ hours trying various proxies, no luck whatsoever.

If anyone has used proxy, can he give it and the port no?

After reading the posts about swapping a silver and gold account, I was going to try that but I had to first put my main account back in gold, then I figured I see if it would just let use a prepaid code for the 1 month instead so I didn't have to add a credit card or paypal to the account.

Sure enough it did. I followed all the steps like normal and when I got to Xbox.com instead of selecting the 0.00 option which needs a card I selected redeem code and used a 1 month code I had and went through the rest of the process without a hitch.

Now I got R-Type for free yay... and another useless to me Maw code. Maybe I'll host a contest if I can find the other one I have to go with it.;)

No amount of proxies or idea's are working for me, damn living in Aus has its pitfalls sometimes.

Really annoying I was wanting to try the Maw.

[quote name='emwearz']No amount of proxies or idea's are working for me, damn living in Aus has its pitfalls sometimes.

Really annoying I was wanting to try the Maw.[/QUOTE]

Yup nothing works for me too, And MAW is the true star of the deal for usre

I started trying this early in the morning (I'm in Aus). I was able to use openvpn to get the reward to pop up, however when going through the claim process on Xbox.com, I couldn't get past the payment part. It just wouldn't accept my Paypal account, which is strange, considering I have it linked to my other US account. I gave up on it for a while, then found this thread. Tried the switching account thing, no signs of it working.

It has been a few hours, it's still possible I guess that they would eventually show up, but I am doubtful. Oh well, I'll check it again when I wake up.

Tried, created a account, linked to Raptr.
Got the free 1 month membership from xbox live, but no redeem code for games at all.
Hopes someone can help me out!.. Thanks!

[quote name='solidus_00']After reading the posts about swapping a silver and gold account, I was going to try that but I had to first put my main account back in gold, then I figured I see if it would just let use a prepaid code for the 1 month instead so I didn't have to add a credit card or paypal to the account.

Sure enough it did. I followed all the steps like normal and when I got to Xbox.com instead of selecting the 0.00 option which needs a card I selected redeem code and used a 1 month code I had and went through the rest of the process without a hitch.

Now I got R-Type for free yay... and another useless to me Maw code. Maybe I'll host a contest if I can find the other one I have to go with it.;)[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I was actually considering doing that same thing until I found out about the loophole to get it by switching your Raptr gamertag to silver and back to gold. I think the loophole has been closed now though. So I guess you have to do it the right way now or with this other loophole. :p

I was kind of wondering if a 48-hour trial code would also work.

[quote name='CodeTrader']
I was kind of wondering if a 48-hour trial code would also work.[/QUOTE]

Great idea! I think they only check that you are gold, not how long your gold lasts.

Well I've tried since the reward went online with 3 different accounts. Nothing worked so far. I have the same issue with Paypal. It refuses to accept it although it works just fine on my Gold US account. I just give up.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Great idea! I think they only check that you are gold, not how long your gold lasts.[/QUOTE]

I tried a 48-hour trial code and I don't think it is going to work. Well I didn't get the game codes instantly. I noticed that after applying the 48-hour trial code my Xbox account is still a Free member, not Gold.

Here is the Opt in page. Not sure if really does anything other than redirecting you to Raptr.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Campaign/raptr-offer/Optin

I think they check to see if the silver account that claimed the reward is now gold. It probably doesn't matter how you do it.

I just switched my Raptr profile and then used Paypal for a second account and turned off auto-renew after signing up. Simplest method, instant results. After I had my game codes I switched my Raptr profile back (until the next time I need a 5 gamer point silver profile to qualify for something...).

Maw really is a pretty cool game. I should get some hours of enjoyment out of this and I expect my kid is going to love it.

R-Type, on the other hand, reminds me of how badly I hated Defender and R-Type all of their ilk back in the arcade days. I like a game that isn't bloody impossible. I want my quarter to last for more than 30 seconds. Thankfully this R-Type has an unlimited lives option, so I might actually see something past the first couple levels. :)

Have to agree... R-Type might be the hardest shooter I've ever played. It's not like bullet hell or anything like that, just enemies everywhere moving at very high speeds lol. I gotta say, I didn't like it very much.

I feel sorry for anyone who put a credit in this machine back in the day.

[quote name='CodeTrader']I tried a 48-hour trial code and I don't think it is going to work. Well I didn't get the game codes instantly. I noticed that after applying the 48-hour trial code my Xbox account is still a Free member, not Gold.

Here is the Opt in page. Not sure if really does anything other than redirecting you to Raptr.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Campaign/raptr-offer/Optin

I think they check to see if the silver account that claimed the reward is now gold. It probably doesn't matter how you do it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was able to complete the offer simply by going to https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Campaign/raptr-offer/ (sans Optin), where the US Xbox site asked my personal data and payment information without redirecting to my regional site (as happened when I wrote xbox.com/raptr only).

I didn't use any proxy either, even though the Raptr pop-up to claim my prize opened only when I browsed to their site through an USA proxy, but as of now I don't know if it was a coincidence. Now I'm waiting to see if they're able to check the new Gold status of my USA account, I'll try to log to Raptr again in 30 minutes... fingers crossed! :bouncy:

I successfully joined Raptr yesterday and claimed these 2 codes on a Silver account from a few years ago.

Apparently when you are linking the Silver account to your Raptr, it must be entered EXACTLY AS THE GT IS WRITTEN.

At first I was getting the privacy settings notice about the GT, when I knew it was the right tag. In checking it on my Xbox itself, I had one LETTER of the tag lower case when it was actually capitalized. Changed it and Raptr immediately saw my Silver GT.

Interesting loophole, but I'm afraid it's patched right now, if anyone have a spare code for any arcade I'd really appreciate, I have a lot of 48 hr codes yet btw, and some goodies.

Thanks OP. For those of you who are having trouble getting the rewards to activate for the silver account. This worked for me.

Click on the link that was provided by codetrader a few post bak, and go straight to the xbox page for the promo.
It activated the 1month free reward automatically when the page checked live status.
I claimed that reward and tried to setup the gold using paypal but kept getting an error processing the request. Kept telling me to try again later.
I had a 1month promo code I won back during the MW3 giveaways so I used that like others have, and the two games popped up as rewards as soon as Raptr verified the gold account. It took less that 10 mins.

This is a great Promo. I've been on xbox live non stop since the day it launch and currently have a family plan. I've only gotten a few free games from promotions over the years from xbox until I found this site.
Thanks again.

[quote name='sp8001']Have to agree... R-Type might be the hardest shooter I've ever played. It's not like bullet hell or anything like that, just enemies everywhere moving at very high speeds lol. I gotta say, I didn't like it very much.

I feel sorry for anyone who put a credit in this machine back in the day.[/QUOTE]

If you think R-Type is hard you have not played many space shooters have you?

Try Ikaruga

[quote name='cottonmouth80']I claimed that reward and tried to setup the gold using paypal but kept getting an error processing the request. Kept telling me to try again later.[/QUOTE]

This is the step that I can't get past, because I don't have a 1 month gold card. :whistle2:#

Has anyone been able to get past this step recently?

I just used an almost empty prepaid Visa card. I plan on cancelling after the trial anyway. No sense in having 2 Gold accounts.

Just discovered something interesting. I clicked the redeem code button instead of adding a credit card or paypyal and it gave me the 1 month of gold for free. So it said I was eligible for the 2 free games. I'm waiting for the codes for the games to show up. Raptr says to check back within the hour.

I got it to appear on my Raptr page, but now it says "The promotion is not currently available, please check back later." when I click on the link to the MS site.

it still works a little over 12,000 left. the best thing to do is give a credit card number. then when u claim ur codes go and switch the auto renewal off. nothing will b billed. worked perfect for me, took 2 minutes total time.

[quote name='emwearz']I got it to appear on my Raptr page, but now it says "The promotion is not currently available, please check back later." when I click on the link to the MS site.[/QUOTE]

this is what happens when I try to do it with the gf's account. Posted a message on the raptr forum, so if someone answers it I will let you know what they say.

[quote name='MasaTFC']this is what happens when I try to do it with the gf's account. Posted a message on the raptr forum, so if someone answers it I will let you know what they say.[/QUOTE]

Cheers!

Just got my two codes, I can confirm that you need a U.S. proxy to claim the prize on Raptr, otherwise the pop-up that contains them will just say that the offer is not valid in your region... thank you everyone and enjoy your games, I'll drop The Maw sooner or later since I already own it together with its DLCs :applause:

I have claimed the prize via Raptr, it appears in the claimed section. I did so using OpenVPN, however when I try to get my 1 month free on xbox.com I get the message saying "The promotion is not currently available, please check back later."

[quote name='emwearz']I have claimed the prize via Raptr, it appears in the claimed section. I did so using OpenVPN, however when I try to get my 1 month free on xbox.com I get the message saying "The promotion is not currently available, please check back later."[/QUOTE]

the response I got from the raptr forum was to contact xbox support (which I have about 20 minutes ago). let you know what they say if they get back to me!

I just contacted Raptr Support and got this:

"you've been disqualified from getting this reward for a number of reasons. Firstly, you're in the UK and using US based proxy servers...The second reason you're being disqualified for this reward is that you used one gamertag to claim the first part of the reward and then switched to another. When our automated rewards system sees this sort of behavior, it considers it a potential 'cheat' and you are disqualified in our rewards system."

lol, I think we can safely assume that the loophole has been patched. Proxies and changing gamertags will probably no longer work.

I'm getting sick of Raptr anyway. I play loads of games, I pay for my Xbox Live subscription every year, and yet I never qualify for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1 month reward popped up but when I get to the billing page, all I get is "This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support." (XBOX.COM Y U NO WORK IN RUSSIA LIKE IN EVERY OTHER COUNTRY!?)
Does somebody have a spare The Maw code? I want that game so much.

[quote name='TommyC']I just contacted Raptr Support and got this:

"you've been disqualified from getting this reward for a number of reasons. Firstly, you're in the UK and using US based proxy servers...The second reason you're being disqualified for this reward is that you used one gamertag to claim the first part of the reward and then switched to another. When our automated rewards system sees this sort of behavior, it considers it a potential 'cheat' and you are disqualified in our rewards system."

lol, I think we can safely assume that the loophole has been patched. Proxies and changing gamertags will probably no longer work.

I'm getting sick of Raptr anyway. I play loads of games, I pay for my Xbox Live subscription every year, and yet I never qualify for anything.[/QUOTE]

To be fair Raptr is in the right. Microsoft is the one limiting this promotion to US accounts only and you are attempting to use proxies to circumvent that. Microsoft really irks me sometimes with this bullshit though. I understand they have to follow certain laws in each country but still.

[quote name='GenPirate']To be fair Raptr is in the right. Microsoft is the one limiting this promotion to US accounts only and you are attempting to use proxies to circumvent that. Microsoft really irks me sometimes with this bullshit though. I understand they have to follow certain laws in each country but still.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. But still, proxies were the only way I could even attempt to get the reward, so I had to give it a try.

[quote name='Junpei']Just got my two codes, I can confirm that you need a U.S. proxy to claim the prize on Raptr, otherwise the pop-up that contains them will just say that the offer is not valid in your region... thank you everyone and enjoy your games, I'll drop The Maw sooner or later since I already own it together with its DLCs :applause:[/QUOTE]

That'd be awesome if you dropped The Maw because my girlfriend is needing some new games to play and this looks really awesome. She signed up for raptr to claim the prize for the 1 month of gold + 2 games but couldn't finish it because no credit or debit card :(

I'm getting sick of Raptr anyway. I play loads of games, I pay for my Xbox Live subscription every year, and yet I never qualify for anything.[/QUOTE]

why would u contact them in the first place if ur tryin to trick them lol yall too much

[/QUOTE]

A completely fair and reasonable answer from Raptr.

Hmm, my XBL Gold (from the Monster Hunter free month) is up June 2nd. If there's still some left on the rewards page, I'll have to snag these. Another month of Gold and two games I don't have! :) :) :)

[quote name='MRGx']if anyone has a spare code for either Maw or R-Type, let me know. I'd love either really and can't do this sadly.[/QUOTE]

nevermind Maw, I'd rather have R-Type after comparing them, anyone with any extra just contact me if they don't want anything forit

I know this is Cheap Gamer and all, but since these codes were given out for free, maybe some who got them who do not need them could try giving them back to the CAG community instead of wanting something.

I am not asking for a code.

All I am saying, is if you could know for a fact that another CAG would seriously use the code, and not sell or trade it, then to me that would be an act of good Karma.

I know not all will agree with this, but please do not bash me. It's just my two cents on the matter really, I'm in a better mood then I have been in a while so that could be my soft side talking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back