Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

I'm waiting for this too.. I'll probably pick it up for PS3, but I was hoping for a PC announcement too.. Looks like only consoles for now.

"Mark your calendars for the week of April 5th. That's when we'll start revealing what we have in store for you in the Multiplayer modes of Red Dead Redemption.

We believe this game sets a new benchmark for open world multiplayer gaming and are very excited to be talking about it properly.

Get your wild bunch ready."

rdr_multiplayerweek_announce.jpg

Via Joystiq
"Rockstar declined to provide any hints about the game's multiplayer, only teasing that it would be "surprising." I did learn that Marston will eventually have access to different outfits with bonus abilities, such as a fancy suit that increases his poker-playing ability."

Last edited by a moderator:
From the facebook group.

Red Dead Redemption: Multiplayer Details Are Coming the Week of April 5th

Mark your calendars for the week of April 5th. That's when we'll start revealing what we have in store for you in the Multiplayer modes of Red Dead Redemption.

We believe this game sets a new benchmark for open world multiplayer gaming and are very excited to be talking about it properly.

Get your wild bunch ready.

If I had to guess, I would say PS3. I don't know for sure. Researching a bit, I take it back. It may be 360.

Trophies are out there, seem to be a lot like GTA 4 trophies. The multiplayer ones hint at some epicness... find out in a week.

Just pre-ordered for the PS3. I am terrible about finish sandbox games... But I love western titles, and I do enjoy sandbox games a lot.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Does anyone know which system is the lead for this game? Im not sure if i should get this on PS3 or Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
Yea I have no idea either... I'm thinking 360.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I have it preordered as well. Definitely going to have to have a CAG posse night! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Were there gas stations in the Old West? If so, ask mguiddy from the GTA IV night what happens when I join a game in which there's gas stations.;)

I'm hoping for some multiplayer videos soon! I have a feeling I'm going to be making a lot of ghost towns and dragging local tuff guys off of ravines with my horse after I drag them through a cactus field.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I noticed the video is of the xbox 360 version. There is a part that says in the corner "help stranger" and shows a B button next to it. Not sure if this is a clue to 360 version being the lead or not. Probably end up getting it for 360 anyway.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOOOOO.... one member of the posse down already! :)

Starting Monday (or so) we get the multiplayer info. Can't wait.

I never bought a game where i got 10 dollars amazon credit. Can this credit be transfered via code to someone else? or is it linked to your account? Is there a time limit you need to spend it in?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I never bought a game where i got 10 dollars amazon credit. Can this credit be transfered via code to someone else? or is it linked to your account? Is there a time limit you need to spend it in?[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, it is tied to your account. And, usually there is a time limit of a few months or so.

Ridicuously hyped. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on a pre order or not, but it doesn't seem like this game has a very high chance at not living up to expectations.

Via Kotaku

Red Dead Redemption will be Rockstar's "most ambitious game to date," says a studio executive, which explains why it's carpet-bombing TV and certain film audiences with a sizable pre-launch ad campaign.

"Speaking to MCV, Rockstar GM Neil Stephen said Redemption will get the company's first ever cinema advertising campaign."We think the cinematic nature of the game makes it a perfect fit for cinema," Stephen said; the game will be advertising to audiences of Robin Hood, Iron Man 2 and Prince of Persia.

"We are spending a larger proportion of our TV budget pre-launch than we ever have before to ensure Red Dead Redemption is established as a massive triple-A title," Stephen said"

In other news, I got one of my friends to finally get a PS3 and he is definitely getting RDR. Wish that multiplayer info came out today.

rdr_multiplayerweek_040510.jpg

[quote name='tekkenlaw']Ridicuously hyped. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on a pre order or not, but it doesn't seem like this game has a very high chance at not living up to expectations.[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about. Just preorder it and shut up.:bomb:
So that I can trample you with a stage coach and tie you up on the railroad tracks.

Okay guys I am getting this game for the PS3 so if you want you can add me in advance. I love the Multiplayer lobbies they are sooo cool :D

Really hope they give us news on a Collector's Edition soon. I have the regular preordered on Amazon, but I'm thinking of importing a EU limited if it gets down to that.

This game is going to be insane!! Can't wait.

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone know when the cutoff date for pre-order on amazon is?[/QUOTE]

Release date? Sometimes I have seen certain bonuses still available on date of release as well.

I can't wait to go free roaming in the Old West in this game. But unfortunately I have a feeling that if they have something similar to GTA IV's Free Mode in this, you're going to have a ton of tools coming in trying to make it into deathmatch practice.

Hopefully my roping skills will be up to par by the time those idiots start showing up, so I can lasso 'em and drag 'em to their death.

I wonder if they'll make a hunting side mission like they had in GUN. I never could sneak up close enough on the creatures you had to shoot to get points in that.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']What are you talking about. Just preorder it and shut up.:bomb:
So that I can trample you with a stage coach and tie you up on the railroad tracks.[/QUOTE]I'm going for it, game looks sick.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Hopefully my roping skills will be up to par by the time those idiots start showing up, so I can lasso 'em and drag 'em to their death.
[/QUOTE]

Lol. It's a shame there's so many great games coming out because I want this one as well.

I didn't even know there was going to be a online deathmatch aspect. Sounds great. Having a standoff duel in front of the saloon at noon.

If I purchase the EU limited edition I know that I would have to create a european PSN account to access the DLC, but will I still be able to play multiplayer with my US peeps?

MP video for FREE ROAM mode here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBhPAMDUAQ

Entire world is the "lobby" for multiplayer free roam.

Go it alone or form a posse of up to 8 players. Your posse can take on criminals, the law, or other player controlled posses. Many events and challenges in free roam.

Go hunting together. Structured events like traditional deathmatches can be engaged in.

Doing things builds experience (of course) and there are 50 levels to rank up through in free roam. As you rank up, you gain better weapons, abilities, horses, etc.

Many more structured multiplayer events will be revealed later. The next reveal will detail the competitive modes.

IGN impressions (details some competitive modes)... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1082538p1.html

AWESOME.
Rather than tossing you into a map at random spots, Red Dead Redemption starts with an old-fashioned shootout. Each of the up to 16 players starts in a circle. When the countdown ends, smoke and lead fill the air. The last person or team standing then gets to run off and grab some pickups and camp out at a favorite spot while everyone else has to wait to respawn.

LOL I'll probably just run people over with my horse in mp free roam if they try shooting at me. That ought to have me rolling on the floor after a while.

this game could easily replace u2 for me when it comes to online mp. just being able to hunt is reason enough to own it for me but that mp is sick if they can pull it off without any issues.

[quote name='lokizz']this game could easily replace u2 for me when it comes to online mp. just being able to hunt is reason enough to own it for me but that mp is sick if they can pull it off without any issues.[/QUOTE]

If the online mp for this turns out to be like Uncharted 2 with no blips on the map for tdm/dm and no vehicles(in this case horses), then I'll probably play it once or twice or only with friends and never with any of the sharpshooting 24/7 no lifers who used to play U2 and Warhawk.

It's not fun getting shot half a second after you spawn by some shmuck who can pick you off from 500 yards away.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']...never with any of the sharpshooting 24/7 no lifers who used to play U2 and Warhawk.

It's not fun getting shot half a second after you spawn by some shmuck who can pick you off from 500 yards away.[/QUOTE]

werd.

I already had my pre-order since Feb., but seeing this makes me feel all warm inside about it. This is gonna be sweet! Posses!!

It says you can see teamates and enemies on your mini radar. I hope Brisco County Jr.,Bowler, and Comet are in the game cause that would be awesome. It looks like freeroam is going to have just about everything I wanted which is very nice. I hope you can learn new taunts and show off your revolver skills by doing all kinds of gun tricks.

Are there any videos of the PS3 version anywhere? All the ones I've seen are with 360 gameplay (can tell by the HUD and button prompts).

Still I'm gettin' this as I'm sure the PS3 version will be graphically the same.

Free roam looks cool. I am just worried how they are going to handle the weapons. I mean, today guns blast shots so furiously compared to then. I am curious how the gaming audience is going to take that. I mean it is fine when you are working through a single player story driven mode.

Maybe I mean the pacing of the gun battles? Western shootouts could drag on and on. I wonder how people will react to not being able to just mow other people down left and right.

Man I'm so excited for this game (the free roam multiplay looks sweet). I've purchased 5 games for the GS 25% Off deal, including this one - but once this hits, everything will be in the back bunner.

Free roam + 8 player parties deathmatch... anyone thinking of starting the Cag Clan already?? haha.

Does anyone know if you can use the $10 Amazon credit pre-order deal for pre-orders? lol I was thinking I want to use it to purchase 3D Dot Heroes. :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If the online mp for this turns out to be like Uncharted 2 with no blips on the map for tdm/dm and no vehicles(in this case horses), then I'll probably play it once or twice or only with friends and never with any of the sharpshooting 24/7 no lifers who used to play U2 and Warhawk.

It's not fun getting shot half a second after you spawn by some shmuck who can pick you off from 500 yards away.[/QUOTE]

i hope they dont have blips that way its more of a challenge. i wonder if youll be able to wear the skins of the animals you kill?

[quote name='Sinistar']Does anyone know if you can use the $10 Amazon credit pre-order deal for pre-orders? lol I was thinking I want to use it to purchase 3D Dot Heroes. :)[/QUOTE]

Id like to know this too, i wanted to use 10 credit from SSFIV on RDR pre order once SSFIV was released.

[quote name='lokizz']i hope they dont have blips that way its more of a challenge. i wonder if youll be able to wear the skins of the animals you kill?[/QUOTE]

It's a Rockstar Games game, chances are it's gonna be GTA with an Old West theme. Though in GTA IV(and presumably GTA IV: Episodes From Liberty City)you could have the blips set to all, far, near or OFF.

The option to have them on or off is nice, since I plan on mainly free roaming with like minded people and screw the deathmatch practicing idiots I always get in GTA IV.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's a Rockstar Games game, chances are it's gonna be GTA with an Old West theme. Though in GTA IV(and presumably GTA IV: Episodes From Liberty City)you could have the blips set to all, far, near or OFF.

The option to have them on or off is nice, since I plan on mainly free roaming with like minded people and screw the deathmatch practicing idiots I always get in GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

1st red dead revolver didnt have blips.

[quote name='lokizz']1st red dead revolver didnt have blips.[/QUOTE]

That was how long ago? But hey, you liked the Uncharted 2 mp and I hated it. From the screen shots I've seen already, it looked like there were blips, but hopefully for those wanting a 'challenge' like you they'll put up the ability to turn off the blips completely.

But then again the multiplayer for Red Dead Revolver was mainly quick draw contests.

bread's done
Back