Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

Cant wait for this game . I " REALLY " wanted a Collector's or Limited edition for this game . Maybe with a replica old pistol :D or even a damn Sheriff Badge made of decent metal that some weight to it . But I think it is too late for a CE or LE :(

[quote name='Scorch']...no swimming might be a deal killer for me.[/QUOTE]No one cares if you buy the game or not. Boo hoo, can't swim in the desert, what a shame.

LOL
I thought that gamespot outfit was rather gay. It gives you that dead(auto)aim feature twice as fast. Just seems pretty gay compared to that hunting outfit they had.
So I think i will be playing this game a bunch so anyone who wants to add me feel free to pm me. Like i said i will be playing this a ton and will play all modes.

[quote name='tekkenlaw']No one cares if you buy the game or not. Boo hoo, can't swim in the desert, what a shame.[/QUOTE]

And no one cares about your opinion(or mine)either. But I too think it's a bit annoying to have water act as a boundary, when Rockstars newer GTA titles gave you the ability to swim, though they did take out the ability to dive underwater in GTAIV and EFLC.

Although if the water is anything like the real NYC, you gotta wonder why the fuck Niko didn't crawl out of the water with 4 arms and 9 legs cuz the water surrounding Manhattan is a nasty looking brown and I remember seeing all sorts of shit floating on the surface when I was on a school fieldtrip there in like '89.:puke:

im still not happy with the lack of ability to swim but that lastest mp video made me still want the game. that fire bomb looked amazing and as long as they dont fuck with shit too much they way nd did with u2 mp its going to be one of those games thats addicting.

I'd like to think the no-swimming deal is handled in the right way. Like it makes sense some how. I mean, I've doubted Rockstar in the past (like when GTA 4 came out, I was like the meh, then I played it) and I won't make that mistake again. They definitely know what they're doing so I say reserve judgment 'til you play the damn thing. Maybe there's so much to do that you won't even notice most of the time.

Why you ashamed of yourself scrotie mcboogerballs?
Yeah there is coop but instead of helping you I'd rather drag you through a cactus field and into an oncoming train. Ha, i wonder if you can do finishing moves? One dude could do revolver tricks, another could ring you up and hang you, and another could do an elbow drop off a balcony. Well it would be really cool if you got the last kill of the match and everything slowed down for a finisher and the different areas all had special finisher locations like where an oncoming train comes or you can blast someone with a cannon knocking them off a ravine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the new video, carbontiger. This game is looking better and better all the time. I wonder if there's also going to be local co-op/multiplayer in this, since it would be interesting to be able to help a friend in game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thanks for the new video, carbontiger. This game is looking better and better all the time. I wonder if there's also going to be local co-op/multiplayer in this, since it would be interesting to be able to help a friend in game.[/QUOTE]

np. I really doubt it has local co-op/multiplayer since open world games like this push processors enough by rendering everything one player is doing let alone two. That's why games like GTA4 and Just Cause 2 couldn't do local co-op. That's my thinking anyway, no reason not to hope though.

I cant believe I have to order through Gamestop to get extras , But I didnt mind paying $51.XX for it before $10 off credit :D . I hope the soundtrack and exclusive challenges are worth it , either way I cant wait to play !!!

- In fact just for the hell of it I might order 2 :lol:

[quote name='carbontiger']np. I really doubt it has local co-op/multiplayer since open world games like this push processors enough by rendering everything one player is doing let alone two. That's why games like GTA4 and Just Cause 2 couldn't do local co-op. That's my thinking anyway, no reason not to hope though.[/QUOTE]

I'm still wondering why the hell they didn't put in multiplayer of any kind of Just Cause 2 or better modes for Mercenaries 2 than just co-op cuz both would've been insane with such an open world to wreak havoc in.

I wish Mercs 2 came with a video capture option like Just Cause 2 did, since the sheer amount of destruction(repeated use of the nuke bunker buster via cheat codes;)) I caused last night would've made a truly epic video.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm still wondering why the hell they didn't put in multiplayer of any kind of Just Cause 2 or better modes for Mercenaries 2 than just co-op cuz both would've been insane with such an open world to wreak havoc in.

I wish Mercs 2 came with a video capture option like Just Cause 2 did, since the sheer amount of destruction(repeated use of the nuke bunker buster via cheat codes;)) I caused last night would've made a truly epic video.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading somewhere that they were adding coop for JC2 down the line since their was so much demand for it. Edit: Never mind, just looked it up and they're not doin it.

Bunker buster cheat code? If I had that, maybe I wouldn't have been bored to tears with that game.

[quote name='carbontiger']I remember reading somewhere that they were adding coop for JC2 down the line since their was so much demand for it. Edit: Never mind, just looked it up and they're not doin it.

Bunker buster cheat code? If I had that, maybe I wouldn't have been bored to tears with that game.[/QUOTE]

The whole list of the cheat codes are on Cheat Code Central(cheatcc.com). You have to enter in the one code first to activate cheat mode, then enter in the D-Pad activated codes from the PDA screen. Entering them a second time disables them. But once cheat mode is on, it's on till you delete the game saves/info from your PS3.

It makes the games a million times more playable, if for no other reason than just going around and nuking everything into dust.:lol:

Unfortunately, it disables your leaderboard stats and probably trophies too, so if you care about getting trophies for games don't cheat.

As for me, it was just too much fun watching Universal Petroleum's tower crumble into dust.;)

I have my copy pre-ordered from GS for a while now with in store pickup. Does this mean I don't get the $10 credit?

EDIT: Going to cancel my pre-order and have them mail it to me.

Here's to hoping there is no auto aim in multiplayer. I read somewhere that there are 3 difficulty modes. Easy has full on autoaiming and faster regenerating health and faster regenerating red dead meter. Normal has that shitty aiming that ModernTurdfare 2 has, and hard mode is normal freeaim which is hopefully the standard for online multiplayer.
And i don't think gaystop gives you a 10 dollars credit if you get the game in store.
I'm going to get really good at this game and humiliate people by riding around on a donkey and killing people riding on wild stallions or just trample people on foot with the donkey.

Any videos of the PS3 version posted? All the one's I've seen are for 360.
I'm hoping the PS3 version is optimized well...

[quote name='Mr. 420']Here's to hoping there is no auto aim in multiplayer. I read somewhere that there are 3 difficulty modes. Easy has full on autoaiming and faster regenerating health and faster regenerating red dead meter. Normal has that shitty aiming that ModernTurdfare 2 has, and hard mode is normal freeaim which is hopefully the standard for online multiplayer.
And i don't think gaystop gives you a 10 dollars credit if you get the game in store.
I'm going to get really good at this game and humiliate people by riding around on a donkey and killing people riding on wild stallions or just trample people on foot with the donkey.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I plan on just trampling people trying to shoot me with the horse I'm riding. It's too bad they couldn't make it so you could use the environment for kills or I'd try and sharpshoot a smaller rock away from a boulder n squish em with the rolling boulder.:lol:

Sounds like this game might be a real sandbox game as opposed to the shitbox that was GTA4. Might consider getting this. We'll see.

GTA 4 had it's fun moments, but it also had points where you went 'wtf were they thinking'. The Episodes are actually better and more fun, though I keep forgetting to open the parachute in BOGT and splatter myself on the ground.

Anybody knows how the limited edition ships for those who preorder online??

Does the codes get sent by email? and I assume the soundtrack will be shipped with it? or is that just another code as well??

[quote name='carbontiger']"John has no problem wading," says Rockstar, "but if he gets too deep, he will drown."

-Rockstar[/QUOTE]

I was always find it funny when people jump all over things, instead of waiting for official info.

[quote name='mwynn']I was always find it funny when people jump all over things, instead of waiting for official info.[/QUOTE]

Right?

blahblahblahI'm not getting it cuz I can't swim...dealbreaker...blahblahblah

I knew it would make sense to the story and setting. As far as I know, not a lot of cowboys knew how to swim in the early 1900s.

[quote name='carbontiger']Right?

I knew it would make sense to the story and setting. As far as I know, not a lot of cowboys knew how to swim in the early 1900s.[/QUOTE]

With all the clothing they wore and the weight of the weapons they would not have gotten far. If they wanted it to be realistic he would have to strip down to swim. That would open the door for more complaining. " Man I have to lose all my guns to swim"

[quote name='carbontiger']Right?

I knew it would make sense to the story and setting. As far as I know, not a lot of cowboys knew how to swim in the early 1900s.[/QUOTE]

yeah because cowboys and people of that time never had to cross water.............not to mention recreational swimming didnt catch on until swimming pools were invented............

[quote name='lokizz']yeah because cowboys and people of that time never had to cross water.............not to mention recreational swimming didnt catch on until swimming pools were invented............[/QUOTE]

Crossing water and swimming are completely different things. If you needed to cross a river anyway, you'd more than likely need to carry your things across with you.. a wagon, horse, donkey, whatever and all of your supplies. That fact means that you'd be less likely to want to swim across anyway, and would instead spend the time looking for shallow places to cross.

And yes, before swimming pools, recreational swimming would not have necessarily been a super common thing... that said, swimming pools have been around for a LONG time, but pools as we know them didn't come around until around the mid 1800s in England, and interest in swimming grew exponentially around WWI and especially with the movies of the WWII era when having a swimming pool on your property suddenly became a status symbol.

I can't see people having known how to swim at that time unless they were Navy or wealthy. Just not a necessary skill.

If we want to be realistic, then we might have it where he only kills five guys in the whole game too, if even that. This is a game, not real life, the real western frontier was never as exciting as people think it was, or saw in movies. This is a game and trying to say it's more realistic that he can't cross water is bs since this is a game and you make games to play and be fun. I accept they want to use it as a border but cut it out with it being realistic or not. There were few gunslingers back in the day, and few who were even actually any good. Shootouts never really occur and most were decided the night before with one guy shooting the other in his bed.

I still say lets wait and see before we get our panties in a bunch. Its all speculation at this point. Even after what Rockstar said, I'm still curious to see "wading" applied in the game, sp or mp.

I thinks its sad to focus one the one *possible* thing you can't do as opposed to looking forward to all the things you can do (read:havoc).

[quote name='Thongsy']If we want to be realistic, then we might have it where he only kills five guys in the whole game too, if even that. This is a game, not real life, the real western frontier was never as exciting as people think it was, or saw in movies. This is a game and trying to say it's more realistic that he can't cross water is bs since this is a game and you make games to play and be fun. I accept they want to use it as a border but cut it out with it being realistic or not. There were few gunslingers back in the day, and few who were even actually any good. Shootouts never really occur and most were decided the night before with one guy shooting the other in his bed.[/QUOTE]

To be quite honest, it's not supposed to be realistic... it's supposed to be true to the Hollywood lore that has printed money for years. And guess what! They didn't swim too often in those movies.

Rockstar has said he can cross water, just can't swim, so I don't understand what the issue is anyway.

Niko Belic could swim in water, but if you swim long enough he will get tired and drown. He also couldnt swim under water. I assume this game will be the same. Either way, this really isnt a huge issue. Now if he couldnt ride a horse...that would be a big deal. Not this though.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Niko Belic could swim in water, but if you swim long enough he will get tired and drown. He also couldnt swim under water. I assume this game will be the same. Either way, this really isnt a huge issue. Now if he couldnt ride a horse...that would be a big deal. Not this though.[/QUOTE]

LOL I wondered what happened to my one buddy in multiplayer the one night when he went away from controller and his guy seemed to drown.

Now I know.

I just preordered the 360 version as well from Amazon. I'll wait for reviews and dump whichever version is inferior.

If it's freezing and major glitches/crashing issues, then I'll hold off on getting RDR, but if it's just that it doesn't look quite as 'pretty' as the 360 version then I'll still buy it.

why would the ps3 version be inferior? outside of them doing a lazy port from the xbox to the ps3 youd think theyd take the time to do the game right. he could be trying to make a joke as far as it being inferior since everytime someone does a cross platform game those kinds of debates always pop up.

[quote name='lokizz']why would the ps3 version be inferior? outside of them doing a lazy port from the xbox to the ps3 youd think theyd take the time to do the game right. he could be trying to make a joke as far as it being inferior since everytime someone does a cross platform game those kinds of debates always pop up.[/QUOTE]

Probably because there's no real range for 'inferior,' or to be more specific, what constitutes a 'significant' inferiority. It could be a game running at 710p instead of 720p, or an average frame rate of 28 vs 30, or it could be something as ridiculous as Bayonetta.

It's funny, because I had finally bit into the hype and pre-ordered about 4 days ago (I loved RDRevolver), but if the loading issues and freezing/glitching are bad, then I'll hold off. I know that the PS3 architecture is complicated compared to the 360/PC, but if they're going to put it on the PS3, I'm expecting quality that's comparable to the other platforms. If they can't deliver that (small graphical/resolution differences aside, as so many 'inferior' PS3 games can only be seen in side-by-side comparisons) then I'll wait till this game drops in price.

It's running on the same engine as GTAIV though (hell, the San Diego guys were the ones who WORKED on that engine) so I'm going to assume graphical/resolution differences until otherwise stated. I'm tempted to e-mail Rockstar just to see how they'd tiptoe around that. It doesn't help that they haven't shown a single image, let alone video, of the PS3 version.

DLC info coming later today.

Twitter.com/rockstargames

EXCITING RED DEAD REDEMPTION DLC NEWS COMING LATER TODAY
41 minutes ago via web

bread's done
Back