Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Id like to know this too, i wanted to use 10 credit from SSFIV on RDR pre order once SSFIV was released.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can. I put $20 in promos toward the GTA DLC releasing this week.

On topic: I pre-ordered RDR from GS w/ the 25% off code. MP is looking fantastic! :cool:

[quote name='NamPaehc']I was asked to ask if anyone knows if there will be female characters you can be in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

hopefully all the female characters will be in the kitchens and brothels where they belong.
im sure there will be hopefully more than you see in most games since i know a few chicks who are interested in this game as well.
heres to hoping you can be native american in mp too as well as being able to scalp fallen enemies like in Gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NamPaehc']I was asked to ask if anyone knows if there will be female characters you can be in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I am almost positive you can play as a woman. In the MP trailer at the beginning there is a huge posse walking and one of them is a woman. She also shows up in other parts of the trailer. So not all woman models are frilly, some look like gunslingers. At 1:21 and 1:28 in the MP trailer you can see an active female posse member too... so yeah... women are in.

Indians and Mexicans are go as well.

dammit i want to get super excited over this game but after being letdown by gow3 i want to wait to see more of the game in action. especially the mp is there a chance that there will be a demo up of the game at some point ?

I am totally excited about this game, I was never really a fan of Grand Theft Auto but I really feel like this game is going to be really great. Hopefully it will make me forget about how much I hated GTA4! I just pre-ordered it on Amazon, I look forward to playing with some of you in the future.

RDR.png

No swimming WTF?

[quote name='Aceboogz']
RDR.png

No swimming WTF?[/QUOTE]

ok now if thats true thats going to bother the hell out of me. theres nothing worse than playing a game where you have spots that you should be able to go to/into but cant.

[quote name='lokizz']ok now if thats true thats going to bother the hell out of me. theres nothing worse than playing a game where you have spots that you should be able to go to/into but cant.[/QUOTE]

Last gen I couldn't believe it when the original Mercenaries had no swimming ability in it. The game world had tons of water in it, but if your character slipped in even the slightest puddle that was too deep you would drown.

I liked the freedom of being able to swim and dive in GTA: San Andreas, but the underwater portion was kind of bleh and with GTA IV they gave you the ability to swim again but took away the underwater part.

Then again, if what I saw with the under the map glitches I've done in that are any indication, they made the underwater area very blah in that game.

Hopefully between now and May they will remedy the no swimming thing.

[quote name='lokizz']ok now if thats true thats going to bother the hell out of me. theres nothing worse than playing a game where you have spots that you should be able to go to/into but cant.[/QUOTE]

Don't get the game then.

Look at it this way, no swimming will keep your guns dry and working. :lol:

Seriously, I would rather not have it than have it for no reason (and it probably be a somewhat broken mechanic). There's no real reason it should be in this game.

my gf asked the same thing, lol.

What if the character is on a horse, can he cross a river? I figure as long as he's not trying to swim, he should be able to do so.

I have no idea. I imagine the large rivers to be the borders of no crossing though. Maybe there are some shallow creeks that can be walked or ridden over. But the big rivers will be no go regardless. Beats an invisible barrier or big rock, imo.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Don't get the game then.

Look at it this way, no swimming will keep your guns dry and working. :lol:

Seriously, I would rather not have it than have it for no reason (and it probably be a somewhat broken mechanic). There's no real reason it should be in this game.[/QUOTE]

so youre telling me if youre in a firefight and you need to get away from some enemies and youre near water and you see land across the way and some places you could hide behind for cover that you wouldnt be mad that you codulnt go over there because your character cant swim?

to me it seems odd that something so basic isnt allowed in the game and it seems like it will be one of those things where you wish you could do it when the need arises.

[quote name='lokizz']so youre telling me if youre in a firefight and you need to get away from some enemies and youre near water and you see land across the way and some places you could hide behind for cover that you wouldnt be mad that you codulnt go over there because your character cant swim?

to me it seems odd that something so basic isnt allowed in the game and it seems like it will be one of those things where you wish you could do it when the need arises.[/QUOTE]

Yes because if you start swimming no one can see you, and you can swim so fast as to doge bullets :roll:

Who gives a shit if you can't swim. Pretend it's a brick wall. You can't get past one of those either in a deathmatch. Accept it, or move the fuck on. Anyone at all who's having second-thoughts about this game because of something so insignificant as this is a complete moron.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes because if you start swimming no one can see you, and you can swim so fast as to doge bullets :roll:

Who gives a shit if you can't swim. Pretend it's a brick wall. You can't get past one of those either in a deathmatch. Accept it, or move the fuck on. Anyone at all who's having second-thoughts about this game because of something so insignificant as this is a complete moron.[/QUOTE]

dude you really are a fucking gimptard. did you read what i wrote ? do you actually understand it? pull your head out of your ass reread it and then go fuck yourself.

the point i made was that if youre near water and on the other side is a safe place to go but you cant because you cant swim thats going to lead to alot of frustrating situations. and for me that is a problem. does that the game is going to be complete shit no but ive played alot of games where those kinds of strange limitations are annoying.

and as far as dodging bullets while swimming if you were swimming and being shot at would you swim in a straight line or zigzag?

gimptard, lmao. that's really cute and completely mature.

You've obviously never played a deathmatch with swimming if you think zig-zagging is going to save you while someone has you in their crosshairs. I don't know if you've ever swam before in real life in fact. Try zig-zagging while getting shot in Battlefield 1943 and see how far that gets you buddy. If the developers say the game wasn't designed so you can swim to other areas, but rather find other ways of getting to certain parts, then do you really think they would make a place across water that you can seek cover from that's actually close (i.e. not having to swim for minutes to get across a huge body of water)? Why would they? You think they are complete asses knowing you can't get to it? I suppose that was too hard for you to get your mind around though huh. Feel free to make more hypothetical situations too as if the lack of swimming wasn't considered in their level design.

gimptard, ahahhahahahah. soooo cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
The other side of the river isn't going to be a "safe" zone... it might as well not exist... as it is the edge of the game world. You may see scenery, but it isn't meant to be reached and will simply be to keep the wide open range look and feel. At least I imagine this to be the case most times. Or maybe the river is down a canyon... you don't want to fall down there regardless.

Swimming in a zigzag... what.

[quote name='Saint Noir']The other side of the river isn't going to be a "safe" zone... it might as well not exist... as it is the edge of the game world. You may see scenery, but it isn't meant to be reached and will simply be to keep the wide open range look and feel. At least I imagine this to be the case most times. Or maybe the river is down a canyon... you don't want to fall down there regardless.

Swimming in a zigzag... what.[/QUOTE]

bloody hell i hope they explain all this better soon because ive been trying to find out more on it and on some forums theyre saying falling into water will cause you to die. so will there be any water you can go into or will all water be a no go zone? i dont mind if its an edge of the world kind of thing but if all water is useless then that sucks.

as far as the zig zag goes youre going foward but moving from left to right. like youd do in gta san andreas if you were being shot at from a helicopter when you were swimming.

It would make sense if you can wade through shallow waters or ride through with your horse and not go full on swimming in deep water. Ditches and streams should let you do that.

Totally itching for this game. Might pick up Lead & Gold at the end of the month to tide me over.

Wow all this over a random e-mail? Why no wait until Rockstar officially releases info on this?

[quote name='mwynn']Wow all this over a random e-mail? Why no wait until Rockstar officially releases info on this?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this is no random email. I specifically went to rockstar.com and contacted the tech support on this matter.

If you would like to receive another email from rockstar and post it on this website to confirm, they will gladly answer all your questions that you have about the game, including no swimming.

My only gripe with the game so far is the lack of customization for your MP Avatar. That would have really put it over the top. Can't wait though.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']My only gripe with the game so far is the lack of customization for your MP Avatar. That would have really put it over the top. Can't wait though.[/QUOTE]

That would have been sweet for sure.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']My only gripe with the game so far is the lack of customization for your MP Avatar. That would have really put it over the top. Can't wait though.[/QUOTE]

But you know there would've been tons of people out there trying to customize their avatar for mp to look like either John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.

Imagine it. A whole online mp world full of both.

When it comes down to it, many people just have no originality and would copy whatever they know from tv/movies.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But you know there would've been tons of people out there trying to customize their avatar for mp to look like either John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.

Imagine it. A whole online mp world full of both.

When it comes down to it, many people just have no originality and would copy whatever they know from tv/movies.[/QUOTE]

lol thats true but that option would have been great to have and on top of that they could whore the hell out of it with dlc packs full of extra clothes and stuff.

[quote name='lokizz']lol thats true but that option would have been great to have and on top of that they could whore the hell out of it with dlc packs full of extra clothes and stuff.[/QUOTE]

They can whore the hell out of DLC packs as much as they want, since the only DLC pack I ever bought that cost anything was the prequel levels for Red Faction: Guerrilla. Otherwise, clothing for characters is something I feel that should be included with a game or a free download when it comes out.:roll:

Does anyone know if the $10 pre-order bonus is going on still? I was getting ready to do this, but it doesn't mention anything about it on the amazon product page.. Unless I'm missing something. :(

[quote name='Sinistar']Does anyone know if the $10 pre-order bonus is going on still? I was getting ready to do this, but it doesn't mention anything about it on the amazon product page.. Unless I'm missing something. :([/QUOTE]

I still see it, in the box by the picture of what looks like an amazon credit card.

Amazon.com Gift Card Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order your copy of Red Dead Redemption and get a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card. Additionally you'll receive access to an Amazon exclusive in-game golden guns weapon pack, which let you gain fame faster (fame gains you access to in-game side missions). Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Additional restrictions apply. See gift card details

[quote name='The 7th Number']I still see it, in the box by the picture of what looks like an amazon credit card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Looks like it expires April 26th. I don't know how I missed it.. I was looking further down in the section "Special Offers and Product Promotions" and it wasn't mentioned there.

It's almost may and stil haven't heard anything about a CE for Read Dead Redemption. I find it hard to imagine Rockstar not having one. Anyone got the scoop?

I have been searching everywhere for some light on a CE, but it seems as though EU will get the limited edition (includes all pre-order items from the big shot companies in the US) and the only CE is the Gamestop exclusive. With all the hype Rockstar is building on this game I'm surprised they don't have CE, Special and Broke-Ass-Gamer editions on the lineup. Hopefully they make a last minute decision.

Whoa. I guess I'd better try blowing through the 5-7 games I have in my backlog as of now, since I have a feeling I'm going to be playing the multiplayer in RDR more than anything else.

Though if it gets like COD/BF:BC/Warhawk/Uncharted 2's mp and people are too f'n good and only play against noobs like me, I'll probably just stick to private free modes like I do in GTA.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Though if it gets like COD/BF:BC/Warhawk/Uncharted 2's mp and people are too f'n good and only play against noobs like me, I'll probably just stick to private free modes like I do in GTA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sounds like me too. Once I start getting my ass handed to me, its time to mosey on down to casual play.

Gotta finish FF13 first...argghhh.

Personally, I'm not in it to be competitive. I'm going to be in it to have a good time. Driving around liberty city on your own is fun, but gets boring and just feels lifeless. You hop on freeroam and it makes it so much better. I can see red dead being like that. Just free roaming with people should be fun.

I want to preorder this now but i'm still debating between best buy or amazon. I know amazon has the gift card but the war horse sounds so badass. I'm a really casual gamer so the exclusive on amazon sounds like you need to play the game alot in order to reap its benefits. If the war horse is only available at best buy and doesn't eventually become something you could buy with ms points then i'm going with best buy. What do you guys think?

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Personally, I'm not in it to be competitive. I'm going to be in it to have a good time. Driving around liberty city on your own is fun, but gets boring and just feels lifeless. You hop on freeroam and it makes it so much better. I can see red dead being like that. Just free roaming with people should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Unless you have idiots like those in GTA Free Mode who come in and treat it like deathmatch. But I think someone said you can do hunting side missions in free roam in RDR, which will hopefully liven things up a bit.

I hope they also put in some sort of gold rush mode where you can pan/dig for gold like we had in GUN on PS2/Xbox.

bread's done
Back