Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare out now!

[quote name='BannedEpisode']Just preordered it from Amazon.

20 bucks in game credit and those Golden Guns just sweetened the deal.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? So if you pre-order it later, you get a larger gift card amount? Is that how it works?

I pre-ordered it a while back to get $10 gift card. I hope they give all of us a $20 gift card instead.

Everybody who pre orders it gets 20. It's part of the pre order guarantee.

DLC news to be announced tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. eastern.

twitter.com/rockstargames

Last edited by a moderator:
FREE DLC coming in JUNE

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi..._pack_coming_in_june_as_free_download.article

In addition to the deep single player campaign and robust online multiplayer components of Red Dead Redemption, we are also very happy to finally reveal the game’s co-op mode, which will be released FREE in June simultaneously for both consoles via Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation®Network, respectively.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will feature six all-new cooperative multiplayer missions to play with 2-4 players. This will be a completely free download that we will have ready for you to download and play at some time in June.

These six explosive and epic missions will play out across the game world, including:

“Walton’s Gold”
Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!

“The River”
Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.

“Ammunition”
The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Plus three more missions to be revealed in detail soon.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will also yield additional multiplayer XP rewards, and brand new Achievements/Trophies to unlock.

Stay tuned for much more information – as well as release information and pricing on two further downloadable content updates, which we plan to release over the summer. Both of them will also be available simultaneously for both consoles.

Meanwhile check out these exclusive new screens from the Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack below:

I want ALL PS3 owners to know that when Cheapy was told about the PS3 version being inferior it was longer than a month ago. Dev's can actually fix quite a lot in just a few days time so I really think people are making a bigger deal of it than what it really is.

Plus I want to just roam in the western lands with Mr. IATCG ( I am AndrewsAwesome on PSN ;) )

[quote name='Sinistar']What the hell? So if you pre-order it later, you get a larger gift card amount? Is that how it works?

I pre-ordered it a while back to get $10 gift card. I hope they give all of us a $20 gift card instead.[/QUOTE]

I emailed Amazon because I was in the same boat as you. Apparently you need to cancel your previous order and then re-order it to get the $20 card. So make sure you do that pronto.

[quote name='Dasflikko']I emailed Amazon because I was in the same boat as you. Apparently you need to cancel your previous order and then re-order it to get the $20 card. So make sure you do that pronto.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them too and they didnt say that to me. Just that i would get the 20 GC.

What's up with all these ps3's dying? Mine died over a month ago and i would have gone quite a few months without one if it wasn't for red dead and the GTA stories.
I'm pretty sure the ps3 version is fine because most of the games that are better on the 360 are very marginal. It's not like the makers of fallout 3 had anything to do with this game, so i am not worried. Besides they can always bring out new patches and firmwares that will break my ps3 so i am a little more worried about that than a pebble not being shaded.
That's cool about the co-op dlc in June being free but what i was wondering is if these gamestop bonuses are really going to only be exclusives for the people that preordered it. I still want to change my order to amazon but i don't know what the deal is with those being released later as free dlc or if you just can't play them if you didn't preorder at Gamestop.

[quote name='Dasflikko']I emailed Amazon because I was in the same boat as you. Apparently you need to cancel your previous order and then re-order it to get the $20 card. So make sure you do that pronto.[/QUOTE]

I emailed too and got a reply
Hello,

I looked into your order and see that you've placed this order on April 25, 2010.

I see that there is promotion running for this item, pre-order a copy of Red Dead Redemption and get a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card.

Although you've seen that you'll receive the $10 gift card when you place a order but I can confirm that you'll receive the $20 gift card instead of $10.00 as the promotion is still running for $20 gift card but not for $10and as your order has not shipped.

"Red Dead Redemption " is scheduled for release on May 18, 2010. We expect to ship your order by May 24, 2010.

I checked the description of the Red Dead Redemption offer and see we'll send your Gift certificate via e-mail within ten business days after the game releases.

As long as your order meets all of the terms and conditions for the offer, you'll receive your promotional certificate by May 28, 2010. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

So it looks like I will get $20 card. :) I'm keeping this email for evidence just in case I don't..

Grabbed FFXIII from the Kmart sale and gonna start it today. Hope I finish it before RDR hits my doorsteps.

[quote name='inanim8']Grabbed FFXIII from the Kmart sale and gonna start it today. Hope I finish it before RDR hits my doorsteps.[/QUOTE]

umm..yeah...good luck. If you actually finish it, its gonna be a tough 2 weeks. I'm past the 50 hr mark and I haven't done any sidequests. Give it a shot if you want but I really recommend playing after Red Dead if you care about story and taking your time with a game otherwise it'll feel like a grind trying to finish it in time.

OT, but the "other" Western shooter Lead & Gold hit PSN yesterday so you can always get your fix before RDR comes out.

Anyone play GTA4 on PS3, how did it run? I'd use that as a basis to judge how RDR will run on PS3, (not Fallotu 3, lol).

Free dlc? yes please!

[quote name='carbontiger']umm..yeah...good luck. If you actually finish it, its gonna be a tough 2 weeks. I'm past the 50 hr mark and I haven't done any sidequests. Give it a shot if you want but I really recommend playing after Red Dead if you care about story and taking your time with a game otherwise it'll feel like a grind trying to finish it in time.

OT, but the "other" Western shooter Lead & Gold hit PSN yesterday so you can always get your fix before RDR comes out.

Anyone play GTA4 on PS3, how did it run? I'd use that as a basis to judge how RDR will run on PS3, (not Fallotu 3, lol).

Free dlc? yes please![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on FFXIII. Don't know what other ppls' opinions are, but personally, I enjoyed the controls of GTA4 on the PS3.

[quote name='Mr. 420']What's up with all these ps3's dying? Mine died over a month ago and i would have gone quite a few months without one if it wasn't for red dead and the GTA stories.
.[/QUOTE]

if you have an older model system its going to happen eventually. ps3s are dust magnets no matter how often you clean it there will be dust inside and the best way to clean it is to open it up. then on top of that you have the cheap thermal paste that seems to basically burn away. i wonder if they use the same stuff in the slims that they did with the fats.

[quote name='carbontiger']
OT, but the "other" Western shooter Lead & Gold hit PSN yesterday so you can always get your fix before RDR comes out.[/QUOTE]

I heard L&G was not very good. I've been playing Call of Juarez Bound in Blood in the meantime. :)

[quote name='Sinistar']I heard L&G was not very good. I've been playing Call of Juarez Bound in Blood in the meantime. :)[/QUOTE]

It mostly lag in the net code and people being kicked from games as the main problems. I'm holding out for a price drop, myself.

Call of Juarez BIB=Most underrated game last year. Great story and an awesome western game.

[quote name='lokizz']if you have an older model system its going to happen eventually. ps3s are dust magnets no matter how often you clean it there will be dust inside and the best way to clean it is to open it up. then on top of that you have the cheap thermal paste that seems to basically burn away. i wonder if they use the same stuff in the slims that they did with the fats.[/QUOTE]

My one buddies brother in law has a 40 gb model since they came out just about and it works like the day they got it supposedly. Yet the one time I checked out their system it was covered in dust and cat hair.

It's funny because the well maintained(clean)PS2's last gen were the ones getting the DRE's like crazy, yet I bought a dust covered one from a local shop that was a supposed DRE model one and it worked great.:lol:

Im looking for a place thats doing a midnight launch for this. My local gamestop said they didnt know yet. I have jury duty release day so i dont have to go to work.

[quote name='FuttBuckN']Im looking for a place thats doing a midnight launch for this. My local gamestop said they didnt know yet. I have jury duty release day so i dont have to go to work.[/QUOTE]

I'll see that jury duty and raise you working the frickin' polls for the mid term elections. Now if they give me a nice 30-45 minute lunch break, you better believe I'm making a run to the downtown mall to Gamestop to get my copy of RDR to make sure I'm getting the frickin' soundtrack and everything I was already promised with it.

Plus, after working for the govt and listening to the 'watchers' complain about something that one of the whiny voters bitched about to them for the whole day, I'd definitely like to shoot some outlaws in the Old West that night.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'll see that jury duty and raise you working the frickin' polls for the mid term elections. Now if they give me a nice 30-45 minute lunch break, you better believe I'm making a run to the downtown mall to Gamestop to get my copy of RDR to make sure I'm getting the frickin' soundtrack and everything I was already promised with it.

Plus, after working for the govt and listening to the 'watchers' complain about something that one of the whiny voters bitched about to them for the whole day, I'd definitely like to shoot some outlaws in the Old West that night.[/QUOTE]

You just pre-ordered and didn't take advantage of the 25OFF code? Well, no in-store pick up for those of us who did. :(

[quote name='inanim8']You just pre-ordered and didn't take advantage of the 25OFF code? Well, no in-store pick up for those of us who did. :([/QUOTE]
What kind of shipping did you get with your 25% order? I noticed in their recent email they were advertising coupon DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. I emailed CS and they added it to my order. :bouncy:

[quote name='Darknyss']What kind of shipping did you get with your 25% order? I noticed in their recent email they were advertising coupon DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. I emailed CS and they added it to my order. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Wait...Did you pre-order using the 25% code as well? If I can get GS to ship free overnight too, that would be awesome!!!

[quote name='inanim8']Wait...Did you pre-order using the 25% code as well? If I can get GS to ship free overnight too, that would be awesome!!![/QUOTE]
Yep. Just send them an email ([email protected]) and they should hook you up.

I cant wait for this game, I hope I am not over hyping it because I bought 3 copies for me and 2 friends and it would suck to drop over $150 on games that me and my friends would never play lol.

[quote name='lokizz']if you have an older model system its going to happen eventually. ps3s are dust magnets no matter how often you clean it there will be dust inside and the best way to clean it is to open it up. then on top of that you have the cheap thermal paste that seems to basically burn away. i wonder if they use the same stuff in the slims that they did with the fats.[/QUOTE]

The failure rate of the original 60GB PS3 is actually quite poor according to third party warranty company redemption data and would probably have gotten customer/media attention in other generations. However, the competition's massive (and relatively quick) failure rate across the board on early models completely overshadowed the issue. It is hard to rage at Sony for reliability when MSs early models were much worse and several times more likely to fail.

In my opinion, neither company has really done a good job rectifying the situation but both have at least taken major steps. MS was slow to publicly recognize the issue and very slow in actually correcting the engineering. Instead, the just kept recycling "fixed" refurbs. At least they lengthened the warranty such that I never had to pay the 3 times my 360 failed. Sony much more quickly redesigned the innards to fix the heat issue, but has never admitted there was an issue, kind of screwing over those early adopters whose machines have failed due to the heat problem.

In any case, I'm still chugging along with my repaired boxes and don't plan on giving either company any more money for replacement hardware this generation.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']The failure rate of the original 60GB PS3 is actually quite poor according to third party warranty company redemption data and would probably have gotten customer/media attention in other generations. However, the competition's massive (and relatively quick) failure rate across the board on early models completely overshadowed the issue. It is hard to rage at Sony for reliability when MSs early models were much worse and several times more likely to fail.

In my opinion, neither company has really done a good job rectifying the situation but both have at least taken major steps. MS was slow to publicly recognize the issue and very slow in actually correcting the engineering. Instead, the just kept recycling "fixed" refurbs. At least they lengthened the warranty such that I never had to pay the 3 times my 360 failed. Sony much more quickly redesigned the innards to fix the heat issue, but has never admitted there was an issue, kind of screwing over those early adopters whose machines have failed due to the heat problem.

In any case, I'm still chugging along with my repaired boxes and don't plan on giving either company any more money for replacement hardware this generation.[/QUOTE]

yeah the 150 charge sony gives you to get your console fixed is kinda shit considering how easy it is to fix yourself . more over than that i dont get why the didnt make it where you can just switch out harddrives between consoles thatd make it easier for people to have access to their data off of the old machine instead of being sol if you hadnt been backing u your saves or decide to send in your dead console to sony .

Its like i don't want to play any of my old games until i get my old ps3 fixed to access those game saves. Now I'm kinda just stuck playing games online. I might play the gta stories and red dead single player but I don't really want to touch my other 30+ games until i get those saves back. Sony really doesn't care too much about there customers cause with all these stupid updates you would think they would make one where you could do something useful and not just go on facebook or get new border colors. Anyway i hope this game is really really good otherwise i'll be pissed i just bought a slim.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Its like i don't want to play any of my old games until i get my old ps3 fixed to access those game saves. Now I'm kinda just stuck playing games online. I might play the gta stories and red dead single player but I don't really want to touch my other 30+ games until i get those saves back. Sony really doesn't care too much about there customers cause with all these stupid updates you would think they would make one where you could do something useful and not just go on facebook or get new border colors. Anyway i hope this game is really really good otherwise i'll be pissed i just bought a slim.[/QUOTE]

i know how you feel man but have you considered trying to fix it yourself or did you find someone who can do it for you ?

[quote name='inanim8']You just pre-ordered and didn't take advantage of the 25OFF code? Well, no in-store pick up for those of us who did. :([/QUOTE]
I'm tempted to re pre-order online and have it shipped to my house as opposed to having to go in and getting pissed off when I go in the day AFTER release(due to working the polls for election day)and finding out they let some tool come in and request a soundtrack disc by itself and guess whose disc they gave him.

They do it with every damned game release that comes with some sort of bonus too.:roll: For a company as big as GS is, you would think they'd have some sort of mandate put out via email or something that says that they are to shrinkwrap the bonus to each copy of the game.

Then again, how would the employees get to take home the 'extra' copies that the usual GS shnook customers don't even bother to ask for or know that they're supposed to get if they pre-ordered.
[quote name='Mr. 420']Its like i don't want to play any of my old games until i get my old ps3 fixed to access those game saves. Now I'm kinda just stuck playing games online. I might play the gta stories and red dead single player but I don't really want to touch my other 30+ games until i get those saves back. Sony really doesn't care too much about there customers cause with all these stupid updates you would think they would make one where you could do something useful and not just go on facebook or get new border colors. Anyway i hope this game is really really good otherwise i'll be pissed i just bought a slim.[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh. You're not allowed to say that all of the total shit that Sony has added via updates is total and absolute garbage. The only things I've ever used that they updated my PS3 with are: in game XMB and text chat.

[quote name='Darknyss']What kind of shipping did you get with your 25% order? I noticed in their recent email they were advertising coupon DEADEYE for free overnight shipping. I emailed CS and they added it to my order. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch, dude!!! I contacted GS too and just got confirmation back from them that I too will be getting free overnight shipping. Now I'm psyched that I won't have to wait close to a week like my last order from them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm tempted to re pre-order online and have it shipped to my house as opposed to having to go in and getting pissed off when I go in the day AFTER release(due to working the polls for election day)and finding out they let some tool come in and request a soundtrack disc by itself and guess whose disc they gave him.

They do it with every damned game release that comes with some sort of bonus too.:roll: For a company as big as GS is, you would think they'd have some sort of mandate put out via email or something that says that they are to shrinkwrap the bonus to each copy of the game.

Then again, how would the employees get to take home the 'extra' copies that the usual GS shnook customers don't even bother to ask for or know that they're supposed to get if they pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

I would. I too hear stories about missing extras pilfered by Gamestop employees. However, a huge release like RDR might be less likely.

Is there a soundtrack bonus?

The last couple of games I bought at GS, when I went to get the pre-order the receipt is what actually had the DLC codes.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Is there a soundtrack bonus?

The last couple of games I bought at GS, when I went to get the pre-order the receipt is what actually had the DLC codes.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand it's supposed to be a physical CD soundtrack bonus and not some downloadable crap like God Of War III's Ultimate Edition ended up getting screwed with here in the US(Euro version had actual CD/DVD discs).

If it's a DLC code though, I'll probably just give it away, but if it's a CD I'll listen to it once(never even listened to the GTA IV soundtrack CD that came in the deluxe edition I picked up)and it'll collect dust like everything else.

[quote name='lokizz']has anybody seen any actual footage of the ps3 version yet or are all videos still xbox?[/QUOTE]

All Xbox 360 which fuels the rumors behind which version is better according to CheapyD.

Something is telling me the 'inferior version' crap is going to be the technophiles whining about 'dull textures' and 'lackluster this or that' in comparison to the graphics on the 360 version.

While I might want to ooh and ahh a bit myself at the environment, I play the game for the storyline. Besides which, as I said before this is a Rockstar game, so expect a whole frickin' mountain to just 'pop in' in front of you in mid chase across the Badlands.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Something is telling me the 'inferior version' crap is going to be the technophiles whining about 'dull textures' and 'lackluster this or that' in comparison to the graphics on the 360 version.

While I might want to ooh and ahh a bit myself at the environment, I play the game for the storyline. Besides which, as I said before this is a Rockstar game, so expect a whole frickin' mountain to just 'pop in' in front of you in mid chase across the Badlands.[/QUOTE]

It better not be like PS3 Bayonetta bad with the insane load times. Playing that right now to tie me over til RDR comes out and about to rip my hair out. With the constant cheap deaths and the crazy amount of cut-scenes, there is just too much loading involved. How one console version is that much better than another is unthinkable. I hate the camera work too but I know Rockstar is much better than Sega at that.

Yeah. Even in the lead platform is better, I don't think Rockstar would throwout a turd like Sega did. I anticipate it being solid across the platforms.

i cant wait to finally see some reviews and footage of the ps3 version. they should e coming out with reviews next week right?

[quote name='inanim8']It better not be like PS3 Bayonetta bad with the insane load times. Playing that right now to tie me over til RDR comes out and about to rip my hair out. With the constant cheap deaths and the crazy amount of cut-scenes, there is just too much loading involved. How one console version is that much better than another is unthinkable. I hate the camera work too but I know Rockstar is much better than Sega at that.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone else played the games or not, but some of the missions in the GTA Episodes on PS3 take forever to load(or re-load if you get killed during the mission).

I just wish this game was finished and out when it was originally intended to be out since I want to be playing it on release date and making sure I get my pre-order soundtrack bonus.:bomb:

Damn. What am I complaining about? Forgot I reload games playing GTA4 and Episodes anyways when I die or get arrested so I don't lose money or all my weapons respectively. In Bayonetta, you notice all the load times with the crappy practice modes.

Well, I never reload if I just die in GTA4 or the Episodes since you only lose your weapons if you get arrested. Otherwise, I usually have more than enough money in game to suffice and I don't really care if I lose any by dying.

Though I do wish they had made a Vigilante mode in the Episodes, since it seemed like every time I went into the police computer while in a cop car I kept having it say 'error' and it wouldn't let me start hunting criminals.

For anyone who has Gamestop credit to burn in ample supplies and can't get the DEADEYE overnight shipping code to work, try using the code F2D to get free two day shipping.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering via their site and cancelling my in-store one so I can hopefully be assured I'll get everything I'm supposed to with the 'special edition'.

Does anybody remember Pistol Pete from the show Brisco County Jr.?
I want to hogtie whoever cancelled that show and leave them on the railroad tracks.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Does anybody remember Pistol Pete from the show Brisco County Jr.?
I want to hogtie whoever cancelled that show and leave them on the railroad tracks.[/QUOTE]

That show is a goldbox today. Whole thing for 32.99.

bread's done
Back