Ridin' the Storm OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you with the free movie ticket from the Fast and Furious promo, you should check out State of Play. Seems to be the only worthwhile Universal Pictures movie to use the ticket on.

Pretty good flick, even though the business in the last 5-10 minutes was stupid and could have been handled better. But the first 95% of the film is good enough to make up for it. It reminded me a bit of Zodiac, had a nice cast and pacing.

Oh and my theater is fucking ridiculous. The movie wasn't showing on anything other than the "Giant Screen" theater which costs more for basically nothing. It used to be an Imax screen but I imagine they had to stop calling it that because the actual screen wasn't very impressive. So now instead of showing special prints they use the standard film print, blow it up a bit, and then charge extra for it. On top of that, on Fridays and Saturdays, the matinee pricing ends at 4, so the ticket cost $13. Granted all I had to pay was a dollar, but I can't see how it's worth it to go to the movies for $13 a person mid-day on a Friday.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']For those of you with the free movie ticket from the Fast and Furious promo, you should check out State of Play. Seems to be the only worthwhile Universal Pictures movie to use the ticket on.

Pretty good flick, even though the business in the last 5-10 minutes was stupid and could have been handled better. But the first 95% of the film is good enough to make up for it. It reminded me a bit of Zodiac, had a nice cast and pacing.

Oh and my theater is fucking ridiculous. The movie wasn't showing on anything other than the "Giant Screen" theater which costs more for basically nothing. It used to be an Imax screen but I imagine they had to stop calling it that because the actual screen wasn't very impressive. So now instead of showing special prints they use the standard film print, blow it up a bit, and then charge extra for it. On top of that, on Fridays and Saturdays, the matinee pricing ends at 4, so the ticket cost $13. Granted all I had to pay was a dollar, but I can't see how it's worth it to go to the movies for $13 a person mid-day on a Friday.[/QUOTE]
$13? Sheeeeeeeeesh. Makes little sense, when you can wait until the movie is released on DVD and pay just as much for virtually none of the hassle.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Yes. It was quite the grueling process, but I persevered through it.[/quote]

Why didn't you ask them to do it? That's a waste of buns. :p

[quote name='DarlingNina']Why didn't you ask them to do it? That's a waste of buns. :p[/QUOTE]

I don't think the people working at my mcdonald's would be able to handle doing something that complicated.

And no buns were wasted, the whole McChicken was put into the McDouble.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I don't think the people working at my mcdonald's would be able to handle doing something that complicated.

And no buns were wasted, the whole McChicken was put into the McDouble.[/quote]

lol, that's true.

Eviltude, I'm not DP. :(

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I ate there today too. I got three of those snack wraps. Sooo good, but three is more than one person can eat. :([/QUOTE]

Nah, I can still down 3 and a large fry. Did you get the barbecue or the regular? I like the barbecue better but they give me mad heart burn.

That show tonight was hella sick, except it was in an 18 foot living room and was hot as hell.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I saw Taken last week.

Cost? $1.75

Having a discount theater within walking distance? Priceless. :D[/quote]
I had one of those near me that I'd go with a friend to see their matinee shows once a week or so when they got new movies in for $0.50, which started about an hour after school let out, so there was no incentive at all to see anything right away since we could see them about two months later for less than a dollar. They shut that place down and turned one of the nearby theaters into its spiritual successor, but I think they're about twice as expensive by default.

Hm. Seems to me like Godfather II is like the first game, but without the mission structure. Which is pretty cool.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Did it smell like piss, have wonky seats and a dirty screen, Temporaryscars?[/quote]

No, there was some popcorn on the floor and a couple random candy boxes, but other than that, it was pretty nice. I think it's mostly due to the fact that it's kind of a famous theater up here. The house was packed too. I thought it would be us and a couple of other people, but there were maybe ten seats open.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Nah, I can still down 3 and a large fry. Did you get the barbecue or the regular? I like the barbecue better but they give me mad heart burn.

That show tonight was hella sick, except it was in an 18 foot living room and was hot as hell.[/quote]

Fat ass.

If I were to buy one PSN game, which would it be?

[quote name='Rocko']I think 3 snack wraps and a large fry weigh more than DarthPuma does.[/QUOTE]
The resulting turd from said snack wraps and fry sounds about right.

[quote name='Rocko']Damn, that's a tempting deal since I want a netbook, but I'm scared of Linux. :[[/QUOTE]
Pfft. The -nix families are no more intimidating than any OS you haven't used before. People are just crippled by Windows' hand-holding.

Never used anything other than Windows for more than a few minutes, so yeah, I'll admit to being crippled. :p

Looks like they have a Asus Eee with an 8GB drive and XP for only $30 more at Sellout. That 512mb of ram sort of frightens me, though. Could I run Word on a machine like that?

Also, how much were those Mini 9s? Could I get one for cheaper than this $180 one on Woot?

If I were to purchase one, I'd rather spend the extra $30 for the 4 extra GB anyway.

I dunno. I have a hard time spending that much money, but I know I don't need a full blown laptop- hell, the only things I do on my desktop other than web browsing are word processing, media and WoW.

Sighhhhhh. I'm scared about tomorrow. A batch of letters have been sent out from my #1 school. 30 acceptances, 130 rejections, and 128 wait list letters. With my luck, I'll get a flat out rejection.

[quote name='DarlingNina']No, I masturbate right before I sleep. I still have a few hours.[/quote]Same. Just pull my tighty whities to the side and cover up again right before the big explosion. No clean up and I feel wonderful when I sleep.

[quote name='Mojimbo']TMI.

:puke:[/quote]

:lol: I love grossing you out.

[quote name='Eviltude']Jimbo isn't into BBW? Hm...disregard that PM then. ;)[/quote]

Hmmm. What was in the PM?

[quote name='tiredfornow']Same. Just pull my tighty whities to the side and cover up again right before the big explosion. No clean up and I feel wonderful when I sleep.[/quote]

:whistle2:| So you go to sleep with wet undies? Ew.

I can't wait for my boo to get here next month. Bow chicka wow wow.

I thought the newest RBF album blew after listening to it initially, but upon further review, it pretty much covers what they stand for: making fun of other genres in a rock and roll/party atmosphere. It's not their best album, but it's worth listening to if you are a fan. "Killing every scene alive!" They just came to party, hardy, hardy, hardy, hardy; guys.

[quote name='tiredfornow']RBF legit blow the biggest dick ever. Right up there with GG Allin and Motorhead.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: If there was something bigger and better than rofl'ing, I would've used it for GG Allin, because that shit is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out in in left field. One of their songs is named "Needle in My Cock".

RBF is fun. Yeah, it's ska, but there is a lot worse ska that you could listen to and they are hella fun to see live. It's just a big party with hot chicks dancing around (if Chika was here, she would vouch for me on this one). I've been to two shows of theirs and although one time some 16 year old pushed me (I turned around and gave him a dirty look and him and his gf were never seen again), aside from that one experience that lasted a whole 15 seconds, the shows were awesome. Not to mention they are self-aware. They know that ska is out of style and they make it fun.

That dude was SO fucked up. I saw this documentary where he smeared the doo doo butter all over his forehead and ate spaghettis w/ franks, vomited it up, then ate it again. He battered a woman on camera in that documentary, too. Dude was always naked, covered in blood, and rubbing his super tiny penis on everybody in the crowd. :rofl:
---
I think I was the only one who cared, DarlingNina. :D

[quote name='tiredfornow']That dude was SO fucked up. I saw this documentary where he smeared the doo doo butter all over his forehead and ate spaghettis w/ franks, vomited it up, then ate it again. He battered a woman on camera in that documentary, too. Dude was always naked, covered in blood, and rubbing his super tiny penis on everybody in the crowd. :rofl:
---
I think I was the only one who cared, DarlingNina. :D[/quote]

Yeah, you and therock88. :cry: My irl friend didn't call me or anything... stupid bitch.

Mak Jr. after he killed and ate a man:

DSC00011.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back