Ridin' the Storm OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit son, Captain Planet Marathon on Boomerang...this makes me really really miss having some Rajon Chrondo to enjoy a day like today.

"Captain Planet, He's our hero, Gonna take pollution down to zero..."

Some great NBA on today as well...

Just ordered the Gravity online. It'll come out to free after MIR. That's nice.

Basically, I'm getting unlimited texts, "web" (100mb, but it's a super dumbed down basic browser so I don't even know if it's possible to use 100mb on that thing :lol:), and unlimited voice for $10 more than what I'm paying right now for only unlimited voice. And the phone's free.

Definitely better for me cost wise than the Sidekick. It's a better phone but I wouldn't use it to its full potential enough to warrant the cost.

[quote name='flowery']Oh shit son, Captain Planet Marathon on Boomerang...this makes me really really miss having some Rajon Chrondo to enjoy a day like today.

"Captain Planet, He's our hero, Gonna take pollution down to zero..."

Some great NBA on today as well...[/QUOTE]

There was an episode where Cap tackled the AIDS issue, and I couldn't stop laughing when the guy with AIDS drank from a water fountain, and a bunch of people started freaking out.

Well I just signed up for summer classes, but the chem lab i wanted is full (I wasn't in classes this semester, so I didn't get "priority registration", I had to wait another week...). Now all I can do is hope someone bitches out and drops it while I continually check the enrollment list.

[quote name='crystalklear64']trained the dude who will be replacing me this morning

...[/QUOTE]

I hope you stuck it to him hard.

not really getting fired, graduating, but it was a potential option for a job to get started on.

apparently it isn't an option now though since they've got a replacement lined up.

Boo. I was going to go pick up my TV today, but the people who have it aren't going to be home so I have to wait a day or two. Maybe I should take this time to get me some HDMI cables.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You just need one cable, stonertude.[/QUOTE]

I know, I don't know why I said cables.:oops:

Thanks though.

Why the fuck are these things so expensive in stores? $125 for a 4' cable? Do people really buy those things?

People do because they're dumb. Check Monoprice, Eviltude.

Or Slickdeals. They have a deal for 3 cables for ~$10 every so often.

[quote name='Mojimbo']???[/QUOTE]
I only work on the weekends now since that's all I have time for. If I was to work there after graduating, it'd be full time, and thus my first "real" job to start earning the exp.

[quote name='Liquid 2']People do because they're dumb. Check Monoprice, Eviltude.

Or Slickdeals. They have a deal for 3 cables for ~$10 every so often.[/QUOTE]

Do I really need 3 cables? I don't even get HD channels right now so all I need it for is the PS3. I already looked at monoprice and found a 3' cable for about $7. I really don't need anything bigger than 2' or 3'.

Chicago has a chance to win the first game of their series against Boston right now. I really want the Bulls to pull it off for my boy TMK.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You need a red, blue and green HDMI cable to get real HD, Preston.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Liquid 2']Or a purple one (to replace the red and blue) and a green one.[/QUOTE]

Cool stuff. Thanks, because I know absolutely nothing about HD aside from the resolutions. I guess I need a male end to go in the PS3 and a red, blue, green for my tv then?

Paul Pierce missed a free throw to put the game into OT. This iis out of control.

[quote name='dcfox']Weren't you the one shitting all over me for telling you to get a PS3 or was that someone else? Also add me on PSN too! :wave:

Nerd.[/quote]

It was me, but I got it at about half the price, so it's not really an issue.

Oh, and I'm buying the lancer. Final price: $18700 with 0% financing and I get a $500 Sams Club gift card.

Speaking of reviews, I don't know why Game Informer even bothers. Their scores run the gambit from 8 to 10. Very rarely do they venture outside of that range.

I forgot Harrison Ford was in this movie.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']There was an episode where Cap tackled the AIDS issue, and I couldn't stop laughing when the guy with AIDS drank from a water fountain, and a bunch of people started freaking out.[/quote]

What the fuck does AIDS have to do with the environment?? I must have miss that episode. :p

[quote name='Eviltude']Well I just signed up for summer classes, but the chem lab i wanted is full (I wasn't in classes this semester, so I didn't get "priority registration", I had to wait another week...). Now all I can do is hope someone bitches out and drops it while I continually check the enrollment list.[/quote]

What's your major?

[quote name='Mojimbo']You got fired from cleaning rat shit out of cages? Dang.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Eviltude']Cool stuff. Thanks, because I know absolutely nothing about HD aside from the resolutions. I guess I need a male end to go in the PS3 and a red, blue, green for my tv then?

Paul Pierce missed a free throw to put the game into OT. This iis out of control.[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. You need 3 seperate HDMI cables, with the colors red, green, and blue (or 2 cables: a purple one and a green one).

[quote name='DarlingNina']Mak, I clicked your sig for the first time on accident (damn touch pad). That was some creepy ish.[/quote]

Creepy? It's still Eli Porter right? He's awesome .. not creepy.

[quote name='DarlingNina']Really? What do you want to do when you graduate?[/QUOTE]

I told my rich and powerful uncle that I would like to explore the deep ocean for undiscovered organisms and it turns out he knows the current director of NOAA somehow or another so he is going to try and find an internship for me to start next year. I like the idea of being 3 miles down with nothing but darkness and animals you've never even heard of before.

[quote name='Eviltude']I told my rich and powerful uncle that I would like to explore the deep ocean for undiscovered organisms and it turns out he knows the current director of NOAA somehow or another so he is going to try and find an internship for me to start next year. I like the idea of being 3 miles down with nothing but darkness and animals you've never even heard of before.[/quote]

I was just watching a show about the deep not too long ago on Science HD. It was incredible. I'm awe struck by bioluminescent creatures. The really fascinating part was that they found a lake of some chemical mixture a few miles down that was just floating at the bottom of the sea bed. It's so dense that the rover couldn't penetrate its surface. It was like a lake within an ocean. Crazy.

[quote name='Maklershed']I was just watching a show about the deep not too long ago on Science HD. It was incredible. I'm awe struck by bioluminescent creatures.[/QUOTE]

Just imagine hot boxing the submersible on the way down. :lol:

[quote name='DarlingNina']Mak, I clicked your sig for the first time on accident (damn touch pad). That was some creepy ish.[/quote]

I never heard of Eli Porter until I clicked that link. I looked up the original video, and what the hell was that. The "host" seemed to gay or something, I don't know a straight guy that's got his arms all up on another dude like that. Second, I laughed, but I felt bad for it (just a little).

[quote name='Eviltude']I told my rich and powerful uncle that I would like to explore the deep ocean for undiscovered organisms and it turns out he knows the current director of NOAA somehow or another so he is going to try and find an internship for me to start next year. I like the idea of being 3 miles down with nothing but darkness and animals you've never even heard of before.[/quote]

Good luck with your goals, Eviltude! :D

Super neato application of the bioluminescent gene: turns out you can splice it onto almost all proteins without changing their function, so some cell biologists studying the function of proteins have taken to splicing them with the bioluminescent gene so they can watch where the protein goes as it does its thing.

I've seen some videos of it in action. Looks like nothing else.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It was me, but I got it at about half the price, so it's not really an issue.

Oh, and I'm buying the lancer. Final price: $18700 with 0% financing and I get a $500 Sams Club gift card.[/quote]

I'd bet they'd go way lower than that based on the price you posted earlier.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Super neato application of the bioluminescent gene: turns out you can splice it onto almost all proteins without changing their function, so some cell biologists studying the function of proteins have taken to splicing them with the bioluminescent gene so they can watch where the protein goes as it does its thing.

I've seen some videos of it in action. Looks like nothing else.[/quote]

Read Oryx and Crake. :)

The greatest use of bioluminescence they showed in that documentary was a shrimp that when is attacked squirts a bright blue luminscent liquid on its attacker so it makes the predator visible to everything nearby.

[quote name='Maklershed']Read Oryx and Crake. :)

The greatest use of bioluminescence they showed in that documentary was a shrimp that when is attacked squirts a bright blue luminscent liquid on its attacker so it makes the predator visible to everything nearby.[/QUOTE]
Read it or watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back