Ridin' the Storm OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
But here's the part where some people are gonna be shocked at: I love the Pirates sequels. I love the Pirates sequels - Why? Because they cut out the shit. They go straight to the action. Straight to the frickin' actionnnnnnnn -- YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I love that. That boat chase in the second one: Awesome. Yes. Action. I like action. Don't you guys like action? Or do you just like to hear people chit-chat; bullshit, or whatever, all the time? I wonder about that - I really do wonder.

[quote name='Brak']I do this new thing where I toss the controller in the air and uppercut it before it hits the ground. :cool:[/QUOTE]

If I ever get angry enough to throw a controller anywhere, the last thing I'll be thinking about is uppercutting it before it hits the ground. :lol:

[quote name='manthing']Piss off.

To use a food analogy I don't always want French Cuisine. There are times when I want junk food.

:whistle2:#[/quote]

Manweenie!! :grouphug:

People I'm following on Twitter:
Xeni Jardin
Mark Frauenfelder
Cory Doctorow
Lawrence Lessig
ff7scloud
Fake Michael Bay
And a few webcomic artists

Anyone else I should follow?

[quote name='rabbitt']:lol: I have to try this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Liquid 2']If I ever get angry enough to throw a controller anywhere, the last thing I'll be thinking about is uppercutting it before it hits the ground. :lol:[/QUOTE]
You should see my controller. :cool:
[quote name='Liquid 2']People I'm following on Twitter:
Xeni Jardin
Mark Frauenfelder
Cory Doctorow
Lawrence Lessig
ff7scloud
Fake Michael Bay
And a few webcomic artists

Anyone else I should follow?[/QUOTE]
Wombat.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Boing Boing[/QUOTE]#-o

Oh, that must by why he's "famous."

I only vaguely knew that he was one of those "information should be free" dudes.

[quote name='dcfox']Don't forget http://twitter.com/Maklershed ;)

Edit: Zero updates? Get on it Mak.[/quote]

I use twitter (barely) for seeing what others are up to / news updates. I don't really have anything to say.

[quote name='DarlingNina']Someone write my paper. I'll give them a back massage.[/quote]

:drool:

Deal

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What does your name mean Maklershed?[/quote]

Nothing. I just smooshed the keyboard and that popped up. It seemed like it might be real word so I decided to use it as my name.

[quote name='Mojimbo']#-o

Oh, that must by why he's "famous."

I only vaguely knew that he was one of those "information should be free" dudes.[/QUOTE]
He's been around a lot longer than Boing Boing. :whistle2:|

And yeah, his "information should be free" stance and activism is a big reason as to why I'm such a huge fan of him.
The stuff he posts on Boing Boing often coincides with that. The rest is just neat.

[quote name='Maklershed']Nothing. I just smooshed the keyboard and that popped up. It seemed like it might be real word so I decided to use it as my name.[/quote]

Interesting.

Posted on Dead Air Space, crazy shit:

Tibetans sentenced for taking part in protests in March 2008

On April 8th, China sentenced two Tibetans, Lobsang Gyaltsen and Loyak, to death for their alleged involvement in last year's protests in Lhasa. Two others, Phuntsok and Kangtsuk, were also sentenced to death but with a two year reprieve, and Dawa Sangpo was sentenced to life imprisonment.

These harsh sentences signal an alarming escalation in the Chinese government's campaign to punish and intimidate Tibetans who dare to speak out against Chinese rule.

Without a reprieve, Lobsang Gyaltsen and Loyak could be executed any day now. Help save their lives by taking action now.

Please take action now by sending this urgent action to the Minister of Justice demanding that the death sentences are quashed with immediate effect.

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5380/t/5114/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=598

~~~~

Keeneland is on ESPN2 for the Lexington Stakes...I can't believe I am going to miss another Spring Meet. Such a beautiful place.

It's a play off the popular phrase "LinkinTime" which since the inception of the Internet has been used as a euphemism for masturbation. e.g. I'm gonna go LinkinTime .. Gore out.

[quote name='Maklershed']It's a play off the popular phrase "LinkinTime" which since the inception of the Internet has been used as a euphemism for masturbation.[/quote]
Linkin must masturbate a lot to use that as an internet handle.

Hell of a finish at the Lexington Stakes...Hank made his $10 Exacta Box, he just made fat stacks.

I am glad I haven't become a gambling addict like family members and others I know. I love betting on the ponies but I love money too much at times.

Anyone here get into Derby Day activities or betting?

[quote name='DarthPuma']Do chicks just not get the urge to do it as much as guys?[/quote]
I figured that most girls don't do it since they can just find some guy to take care of that problem for them.

[quote name='darthbudge']Sweet. I am getting a 16GB 3G iPhone. :cool:

But I don't get it until May 9th.[/QUOTE]

I say hold off to see if something new comes out in June.

[quote name='seanr1221']I say hold off to see if something new comes out in June.[/quote]

Well, it has already been ordered...

My dad got it for me as a graduation present. Even if something new does come out, this will be just fine in my books. :cool:

[quote name='st0neface']I like how upgrading the firmware on my router caused it to deny internet access.[/quote]

I almost bricked my brand new WRT54G2 router early when I (guess that) flashed it with the wrong DD-WRT firmware.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Do chicks just not get the urge to do it as much as guys?[/quote]

I dunno, do guys need to do it everyday? I can go a few weeks. I've been super depressed lately which has killed my libido.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I figured that most girls don't do it since they can just find some guy to take care of that problem for them.[/quote]

Lies. First, if every time I got horny I slept with a guy, I'd be a mega hoe. Second, just cause you sleep with a guy doesn't mean you're going to be satisfied. Might as well do it yourself sometimes. Get the job done right. :D

[quote name='darthbudge']I almost bricked my brand new WRT54G2 router early when I (guess that) flashed it with the wrong DD-WRT firmware.[/QUOTE]

That's the same router I have. I updated from Linksys' website, and had to search for a previous version to throw on there after hours of trying to fix it any other way I could think of.

[quote name='Mojimbo']How much do you pay/month for your phone bill right now, darthbudge?[/quote]

How much do I pay? Or how much do my parents pay for my line?

Right now, I pay nothing, and my line is only $10 for voice.

However, once I get the iPhone, I will be paying for the data and texting plan myself.

[quote name='darthbudge']How much do I pay? Or how much do my parents pay for my line?

Right now, I pay nothing, and my line is only $10 for voice.

However, once I get the iPhone, I will be paying for the data and texting plan myself.[/quote]
Do you have a job lined up yet?

[quote name='dcfox']Do you have a job lined up yet?[/quote]

Yessir. Well, assuming I pass a drug and background check. Which I don't know how I would fail either of those.

$10/month? I guess you have a family plan?

I wish my parents used cell phones so we could save money with a family plan. Since they don't my plan is so damn expensive. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back