Ridin' the Storm OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']$10/month? I guess you have a family plan?

I wish my parents used cell phones so we could save money with a family plan. Since they don't my plan is so damn expensive. :[[/quote]

Neither of your parents have cell phones?

[quote name='DarlingNina']I dunno, do guys need to do it everyday? I can go a few weeks. I've been super depressed lately which has killed my libido.

[/QUOTE]

I need to pretty often, or the urges start getting bad. like 3x a week.

OIC.

I just thought it was weird that you were committing to $70/month for the next 24 months when often you post about how you don't have $10 to your name.

I hope it works out for you, though. Hopefully by the time I need to upgrade they'll have a camera that doesn't suck dick and maybe 20 or 30GB for a decent price. My main annoyance is only having 8GB for music. Some more RAM or a faster processor would also be nice.

They each got one of those pay-as-you-go phones, but they just have them for emergencies (which never happen) so they don't get used, so all they have to pay is $20 every 3 months to keep the phone activated. Both of my parents are older (50s) and don't have jobs that require correspondence, and neither of them are from this state so they don't have networks of friends here of anything.

[quote name='Mojimbo']OIC.

I just thought it was weird that you were committing to $70/month for the next 24 months when often you post about how you don't have $10 to your name.[/quote]

Yeah, I wouldn't be committing to this if I didn't have a job lined up.

Plus, I am not sure if a contract was signed or not since it was a refurb sold by AT&T...

[quote name='darthbudge']Yeah, I wouldn't be committing to this if I didn't have a job lined up.

Plus, I am not sure if a contract was signed or not since it was a refurb sold by AT&T...[/QUOTE]Ever since the 2nd Gen iPhone came out last summer they've been dicks about their refurbs and they make you agree to activate it through them or else they'll penalize you.

With new accounts it's $40 for voice minimum and it's $30 for data required for everybody, not sure how it works with existing family plans.

Yeah, I just went to AT&T's website to check out the prices. If it weren't for that painfully small amount of minutes the iPhone might be in my price range, but when I can get unlimited calling to 5 people (which would be like 90% of my talk time) and 300 minutes for the same price on T-Mobile as AT&T's 450 minutes, there's no way I could switch.

[quote name='Rocko']You signed a contract.

What kind of voice/text plans did you get?[/quote]

Yeah, I dunno. My dad ordered it, so I didn't read any of that.

I will be getting the unlimited data, and most likely the unlimited text plan.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Ever since the 2nd Gen iPhone came out last summer they've been dicks about their refurbs and they make you agree to activate it through them or else they'll penalize you.

With new accounts it's $40 for voice minimum and it's $30 for data required for everybody, not sure how it works with existing family plans.[/quote]

Hm... I didn't think about that... $50 a month for unlimited voice, data and text is a great deal. But if I was forced to active on my own line, it would be like $90 a month...

I think you can add it onto the family plan though.

That is really nice for you to get the whole thing for $50/month.

On the same subject, somewhat, how much bandwidth or whatever does visiting a site like Myspace Mobile or Google use? The phone I ordered has the option of adding 100mb of web (not like a full html browser or anything) for $5/month and I'm not sure if I should bother with it or not.

[quote name='Eviltude']Red Robin, YUMMMMMMMMMMMM![/quote]Man, I should've brought that place up but we just picked up a pizza and breadsticks instead. :whistle2:&

[quote name='tiredfornow']Man, I should've brought that place up but we just picked up a pizza and breadsticks instead. :whistle2:&[/QUOTE]

I went there for the first time on Thursday and it was pretty good. The waitress, who looked like she was my age, talked to me like a child when I ordered though. "I'll have the A-1 Burger, medium please." "So you want a little pink, not all the way brown? Or do you want it all brown?" "Medium..." "Ok, so some pink?" "Yeah...medium." It was tasty though and the onion rings were the shit.

================

My schedule is done for the summer and fall. Chem, Computer Science and Calculus this summer and then Chem, Physics and Calculus in the fall. Just under $6k total.

I have never been to a Red Robin, I hear you can have a beer with your burger...awesome.

~~~~~

I love the first time using new oil in the deep fryer...

~~~~~

Ridiculous sports day today. I hope I can get a job in a nice city that has a MLB and/or NBA team.

You have a deep fryer, King Max? Super tight.[quote name='Eviltude']I went there for the first time on Thursday and it was pretty good. The waitress, who looked like she was my age, talked to me like a child when I ordered though. "I'll have the A-1 Burger, medium please." "So you want a little pink, not all the way brown? Or do you want it all brown?" "Medium..." "Ok, so some pink?" "Yeah...medium." It was tasty though and the onion rings were the shit.

[/quote]:lol:

I haven't been there in a while, but the last time thekeybladewars took me out to eat and it was super dang yum yum.

Anyone interested in the UFC 2009 demo? I'm gonna make a dummy silver account on Live and pass it on if anybody else is in.

Of course I have a deep fryer. It was only ~$35 at walmart. Only way to fix chicken strips, french fries, and whatever deep fried goodness...I wish I could refine the oil I use for organic diesel but I don't use enough oil and I don't think my canola oil would be ideal to use anyway.

[quote name='Eviltude']My schedule is done for the summer and fall. Chem, Computer Science and Calculus this summer and then Chem, Physics and Calculus in the fall. Just under $6k total.[/quote]

What are you majoring in? I'm taking Calculus and Computer Science in the fall, too.

Ugh. I think I might getting sick.

I hope it comes and goes... my friend is having her graduation party tomorrow, and it would suck to be sick.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']What are you majoring in? I'm taking Calculus and Computer Science in the fall, too.[/QUOTE]

Oceanography (Technically Marine Biology). I recently found out that I have to take Organic Chemistry eventually, which is supposedly way harder than regular Chemistry.

There is a special on the Dust Bowl on History right now. It's pretty entertaining.

I heard organic chemistry sucks dick.

I'll probably have to take it, though, since I'm considering going into some kind of chemistry related field.

[quote name='flowery']Of course I have a deep fryer. It was only ~$35 at walmart. Only way to fix chicken strips, french fries, and whatever deep fried goodness...I wish I could refine the oil I use for organic diesel but I don't use enough oil and I don't think my canola oil would be ideal to use anyway.[/quote]

A pot head with his own deep fryer? Are you my college roommate? Have you ever fallen out a 2 story window or accidentaly joined a parade?

Great...now I have a craving for Red Robin's artic cod...or even just a mushroom swiss. Love their steak fries.

Huh... it seems like Mybrute.com's site is handing out virii as a freebie. Rejoice!

[quote name='darthbudge']I wish.[/quote]

You wish? Budge, that's against your religion. If you're going to join a crazy cult, you need to commit to it ALL the way.

[quote name='Maklershed']You get those books yet It-wont-budge?[/quote]

The Hunter S. Thompson books? Not yet. I still don't have enough money. But as soon as I do, I will be getting them.

[quote name='darthbudge']The Hunter S. Thompson books? Not yet. I still don't have enough money. But as soon as I do, I will be getting them.[/quote]
Once you get your iphone just get the ebooks and read it on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back