SAACHU ANDO DESUTOROI!! Anime & Manga Thread Lives Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GuilewasNK']It was on Toonami on Saturdays the last time I saw it.[/quote]

It was probably about a year or two ago, so it has been awhile.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']It was probably about a year or two ago, so it has been awhile.[/quote]

Yeah the Shi-Shi-O arc is pretty good. It's all FAIL from there out, though.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Yeah the Shi-Shi-O arc is pretty good. It's all FAIL from there out, though.[/quote]

I decided to check it out on Wiki and yea, they said that about the filler episodes as well. It ended up being cancelled before they could get to the next arc :/

[quote name='jaykrue']Bleh, the Bleach manga is stuck in DBZ syndrome. Finish the damn fight already![/quote]

Not til' he goes friggin' Super Bankai 4 on his ass!!!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Not til' he goes friggin' Super Bankai 4 on his ass!!![/QUOTE]

Ooh, ooh, and he has to the fusion dance with Kenpachi! :D

Bleach manga has been mostly AIDS since after the SS arc ended.
Some of the stuff with the vaizards was cool, but the rest? Ugh.

The Kenshin manga was great. The anime has nothing on it, as usual.
It had a very satisfying conclusion as well.

[quote name='Callandor']Ooh, ooh, and he has to the fusion dance with Kenpachi! :D[/quote]
Haha, Kenpachi by himself is like Broli XD

Those two fused would be off the charts, hell I bet Aizen himself would just say "All right dammit, I give up :bow:"

Hey Liquid, whaddya mean by AIDS?

[quote name='Liquid 2']Tell me, is AIDS a good thing or is it a terrible thing?[/QUOTE]
That depends - have Bush or Cheney contracted it? SIDS is funnier, though! Don't believe me? Check this out:

Q: "What's a foot long, stiff, and gives you a surprise in the morning?"

A: "SIDS!"

... Yay, I'm going to hell.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Tell me, is AIDS a good thing or is it a terrible thing?[/quote]
I think it's contextually driven, like the word 'f.u.c.k'. It be both good & bad.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That depends - have Bush or Cheney contracted it? SIDS is funnier, though! Don't believe me? Check this out:

Q: "What's a foot long, stiff, and gives you a surprise in the morning?"

A: "SIDS!"

... Yay, I'm going to hell.[/QUOTE]:rofl:

[quote name='jaykrue']I think it's contextually driven, like the word 'f.u.c.k'. It be both good & bad.[/QUOTE]I don't think I've ever seen AIDS be used in a positive light...

[quote name='Liquid 2']:rofl:

I don't think I've ever seen AIDS be used in a positive light...[/quote]

They used to say that about 'bad' and 'nigga'.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Tell me, is AIDS a good thing or is it a terrible thing?[/quote]

Well I figured in the context you were using it, the word was an acronym of sorts that I didn't know of yet ;O

[quote name='Liquid 2']:rofl:

I don't think I've ever seen AIDS be used in a positive light...[/QUOTE]
You got mad AIDS yo!

Yo, you see the skills on that balla'? He's got more AIDS than he knows what to do with, Magic style!

I wouldn't mind giving her AIDS, if you know what I mean.

Less AIDS talk, more anime talk. Take that other stuff to the OTT.

This thread needs more girls with swords. Since I am currently wathcing Jubei-Chan, here you go...

jbc009yn3.jpg

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Less AIDS talk, more anime talk. Take that other stuff to the OTT.

This thread needs more girls with swords. Since I am currently wathcing Jubei-Chan, here you go...

jbc009yn3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's an awesome piece of art for the show that I've never seen. I'm quoting this so it gets displayed *twice*! I love Jubei-chan!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Wow, that's an awesome piece of art for the show that I've never seen. I'm quoting this so it gets displayed *twice*! I love Jubei-chan![/quote]

If I see any other cool Jubei-Chan art, I'll post it.

I just bought the Princess tutu complete set and I'm wondering does this set comes with all the extra stuff the single dvds that first came out? I'm kinda worried they'd take some stuff out or something like that if it's something minor that's fine, but it'd be nice to know..

I'm really getting interested in that deathnote anime and manga I'm really liking it so far also I just bought this and Princess tutu today I got both for 61.49 including tax plus a $10 gift card for buying two anime dvd at fye and they also had buy one get half off because of a small anime event so it worked with both the GC and B1half off.

The event was pretty fun the person who organized it had some anime Trivia set up with prizes of Mokona hats, pocky, and kiwi flavored candy I was able to answer one question and got me a free hat.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I just bought the Princess tutu complete set and I'm wondering does this set comes with all the extra stuff the single dvds that first came out? I'm kinda worried they'd take some stuff out or something like that if it's something minor that's fine, but it'd be nice to know.[/QUOTE]
Yep, you're in luck, Princess Tutu is one of the few ADV thinpak releases that contains all the extras of the original discs!

Also, you ROCK for buying Tutu. It's probably my second-favorite anime ever. I can only imagine how many prospective viewers are turned off by the double-whammy title combination of both "Princess" and "Tutu," which is really too bad - the show is abso-fucking-lutely amazing!

Thanks alot for the reply Kirin Lemon, I agree with you Princess Tutu is amazing and the story is pretty nice I'll be watching this with my mom she really likes anime like this I can't wait to see it.

I'm happy it comes with everything I got into it when I saw the trailer on one of my anime looked great since I'm kinda into things like the nutcracker, ballet, and the story seemed nice, but sadly didn't have the money to get them though luckily the library had Princess tutu DVD 2-6 though I watched them out of order since they'd get checked out alot and they didn't have the first DVD so I didn't see how it started out.

Hmm... so here's the dilemma:

This weekend, do I pick up Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society or GTO Box Set 2? I'll get both eventually, no doubt, but I dunno which to get right now...

Also, I'm hella excited for Yu Yu Hakusho Vol. 8. Yeah, I realize that Shonen Jump shows don't have a whole lot of depth, but YYH has been ridiculously fun to watch for the last 98 episodes. Ill finally be seeing the conclusion after almost 6 years of watching this show (started watching it on CN back when it first aired, then neglected it...)

[quote name='Chacrana']Hmm... so here's the dilemma:

This weekend, do I pick up Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society or GTO Box Set 2? I'll get both eventually, no doubt, but I dunno which to get right now...[/QUOTE]
GTO, no question. That's a whole lot of entertainment for a reasonable price.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']GTO, no question. That's a whole lot of entertainment for a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

Actually yeah... what am I thinking? That's like 20 some episodes of GTO for $30. I had it on order during the DDD sale, but those cocks decided to cancel my order for whatever reason. I really love that show... so yeah, that's gonna be it.

The previews for the new Bleach Movie "The Diamond Dust Rebellion" look pretty interesting, and so does the animation quality. I hope that's how good it looks when it premiers :D

I also hope that's the reason why the quality of the series has suffered recently >.>

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The previews for the new Bleach Movie "The Diamond Dust Rebellion" look pretty interesting, and so does the animation quality. I hope that's how good it looks when it premiers :D

I also hope that's the reason why the quality of the series has suffered recently >.>[/quote]

Are you talkin' animation-wise or story-wise? Because other than that recent 3-eps. or so filler, it's been following the manga.

[quote name='jaykrue']Are you talkin' animation-wise or story-wise? Because other than that recent 3-eps. or so filler, it's been following the manga.[/quote]

I'm talkin' animation-wise, it's just a guess but also to be expected from a long series.

I was spoiled by fights like the ones in Tenjho Tenge ^^;;

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm talkin' animation-wise, it's just a guess but also to be expected from a long series.

I was spoiled by fights like the ones in Tenjho Tenge ^^;;[/quote]

That's understandable. It does look like the animation's been cut down a bit.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hey, is Big O any good? I'm not a mecha fan AT ALL though...

The big robot on the cover turns me off[/quote]

Big O is essentially Bruce Wayne if he decided to use a giant robot instead of a batsuit to fight crime. It's not a bad series but if you don't like giant robots then you probably won't like it.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm talkin' animation-wise, it's just a guess but also to be expected from a long series.

I was spoiled by fights like the ones in Tenjho Tenge ^^;;[/QUOTE]

Was Tenjho Tenge actually good?

...stupid question, right?... I still wanna know.

Anyway, I picked up Paprika on Blu Ray a couple days ago. Have to watch it sometime, but I'm in the middle of Ergo Proxy right now so who knows when I'll get around to it.

[quote name='linkpwns']Hey, is Big O any good? I'm not a mecha fan AT ALL though...

The big robot on the cover turns me off[/quote]
Probably not. Besides the mech, it tends to get really boring at times and the story's a mess.

[quote name='Chacrana']Was Tenjho Tenge actually good?

...stupid question, right?... I still wanna know.

Anyway, I picked up Paprika on Blu Ray a couple days ago. Have to watch it sometime, but I'm in the middle of Ergo Proxy right now so who knows when I'll get around to it.[/quote]
I really enjoyed Tenjho Tenge, but my only gripe is that they never wrapped up the story. I do believe the manga continues, but they stopped at 2 OVA's and never continued the anime ~:/

Well,
that plus the flashback sequence kinda turned into a series all on its own..

[quote name='Chacrana']Was Tenjho Tenge actually good?

...stupid question, right?... I still wanna know.[/QUOTE]
The entire anime is based around the concepts of fighting and huge tits. So... no, it isn't.

The big robot on the cover turns me off[/QUOTE]
If you're not a mech fan, I'd say pass on Big O. Though it has an excellent, intriguing storyline going for it (especially in the second half), and an amazing soundtrack. It's sort of the Utena of mech shows, which I dig.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The entire anime is based around the concepts of fighting and huge tits. So... no, it isn't.
[/QUOTE]

Well you see, that statement is entirely contradictory.

But yeah, I prolly won't get it. There's enough shows out there with tits and violence that are still somehow halfway decent so...

Edit: Oh, and would anyone recommend Rumbling Hearts? I remember Rei hated one of the characters, but the average review score on meta sites seems... ridiculously good. And the whole series is $20 from Rightstuf right now... I usually don't go for the romance/slice of life shows, but if it's really good I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='Chacrana']Edit: Oh, and would anyone recommend Rumbling Hearts? I remember Rei hated one of the characters, but the average review score on meta sites seems... ridiculously good. And the whole series is $20 from Rightstuf right now... I usually don't go for the romance/slice of life shows, but if it's really good I'll give it a shot.[/QUOTE]
GOOD GOD YES. What a fantastic emotional rollercoaster this show is. Though if it makes a difference to you, Amazon has the complete series *with* the box for $5 more.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']GOOD GOD YES. What a fantastic emotional rollercoaster this show is. Though if it makes a difference to you, Amazon has the complete series *with* the box for $5 more.[/quote]

gonna have to completely contradict your recommendation... i saw the first few episodes of this due to its #2 rank on animenfo (at the time)

it's basically an ultra "dramatic" soap opera where everyone is emotional or crying and there is lots of feelings being expressed.

i felt nothing for the characters or story because the whole thing felt so contrived and fake. lots of people like it though :???:

[quote name='jaykrue']That's pretty old actually. PPG-Japan has been around since last year, I think. Maybe even earlier.[/quote]

Yeah. If nothing else it shows Japanese cartoons tend to have superior aesthetic designs. A lot of american toons just look like crap. The american PPG is a good example. Other than Boondocks, Avatar, JLU, Batman Beyond, Superman, and Batman:TAS most look like trash.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah. If nothing else it shows Japanese cartoons tend to have superior aesthetic designs. A lot of american toons just look like crap. The american PPG is a good example. Other than Boondocks, Avatar, JLU, Batman Beyond, Superman, and Batman:TAS most look like trash.[/QUOTE]
Hmm.. I like anime and all, but I dunno. Almost all anime has the same style. Theres a very specific way its drawn that lets you know its anime.

American style art has some crazy awesome stuff in it that I haven't seen in anime.

Animaniacs, Samurai Jack, Looney Toons, Gargoyles, Spawn animated series, all that stuff looks great.

For the awesome/non-standard stuff, you have Ren and Stimpy, Dr. Katz, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Rocko's Modern Life, Cow and Chicken, etc.
I think Spongebob gives a good example of the "freak out" kind of thing:
squidward-thumb.jpg

It seems to me there is a lot more diversity in american cartoons, far more shows have their own style. Where as in anime, from what I've seen, you have: Hardboiled style, hard-soft mix, and super cutesy.

All of that non-standard stuff looks completely ridiculous. It's just... stupid. It's not so much a conscious design choice as it is the result of a marathon pot-smoking session.

I really can't allow anyone to say anything good about Ed Edd and Eddy... Christ do I fear for this country.

What'd you guys think of the second Ghost in the Shell movie? I loved the first one and the TV series... but I remember disliking the second movie when I saw it a few years back. Of course, that's back when I was half-retarded and really just wanted to see action scenes rather than the philosophical shit that GITS is actually known for. So, is it worth a second look, or is it really just crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back