Select Final Fantasy Games for $9.99 at Best Buy (DEAD)

[quote name='WatTsu']Went ahead and bit on Dissidia. Didn't care for FFXIII and FFIV is among my least favorites, so I figured those were best left for people who cared.[/QUOTE]

its worth $10, playing it right now

If you barely like FF and don't buy Dissidia Duodecim at that price, you are mad. Mad, I tell you.

I paid 20 on release (it released at 30..), and put in ~100 hours before I got bored. That free-roam 26-dungeon Scenario was so much fun.

Jut now got an e-mail saying that my Dissidia is now backordered.
Add that to my FFIV that was backordered to begin with, I'm starting to fear for my order.

Ordered a final fantasy IV complete online and was back ordered. Went into
A best buy for an unrelated reason, and decided to check even though store locator said none were in the store. Just happened that there was only 1 copy, but apparently in the system it didn't exist. So I called customer support while in the store, and the only solution they could do was to cancel my order, and I just repurchased it.

So there is no real way to check from the outside of the package to see if you get all the extra's? BTW check out how many copies of FFIV for PSP on ebay now lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The sale should be good thru Saturday. New ad paper comes out every Sunday.

I didn't wanna risk ordering it online since it was back ordered and my store had copies.
Fortunately they still had 6 copies of FFIV when I got mine yesterday.
The sign still said $29.99 so I'm sure that helped. Fantastic price, thanks OP.

Do all versions of FFIV complete come with a cover and trading cards?

or is just the trading cards + game? I was hoping for a cardboard box.

Edit: Just checked youtube for US unboxing vids. US gets a boring regular game box
Europe gets the special edition with custom box. The trading cards aren't worth it, and I paid $20 for FFIV.. and gohastings doesn't price match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an $8 apology code in my email for my backorder of Demon Souls being cancelled, used it to scoop FFXIII for $2. Good deal.

Wasn't expecting to score FF13, looked it up last night and one store near me had it. So I ordered in store pick up. I check again and it now shows unavailable, so I fear the worst and hope my order isn't cancelled. Nope, got the pick up e-mail this morning!

I'm sure it's the greatest hits version but whatever. Got this on PS3 since I keep hearing it's better on it than the 360 version.

Thanks OP. had flipped my copy of XIII months ago before really playing it much and wanted to do a playthrough while waiting for XIII-2 deals. Just my two cents but I really dig the battle system. The fact that it lets you utilize characters who have multi-talents rather than 1 healer 1 tank etc. and the addition of monsters or "pets" in XIII-2 has me excited.

What is best buy's return policy on new but opened videogames?

I heard FFXIII was bad but it was fairly good reviews. I don't want to get it and then hate it and be stuck with it.

Can i return it and at least get a refund through a BBY gift card?

I just got an email that my FFIV Complete I ordered the first day of this sale is ready for pick up today. I had it shipped to store when it was backordered online and not available at my own store. So it worked out for me doing it this way.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']What is best buy's return policy on new but opened videogames?

I heard FFXIII was bad but it was fairly good reviews. I don't want to get it and then hate it and be stuck with it.

Can i return it and at least get a refund through a BBY gift card?[/QUOTE]

They will not accept returns of opened games/software unless it's defective. And in that case they would only replace your copy with the same thing. You can always trade it in to Bestbuy, Amazon or GameStop if you can't stand i t.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']What is best buy's return policy on new but opened videogames?

They will not accept returns of opened games/software unless it's defective.
And in that case they would only replace your copy with the same thing.
You can always trade it in to Bestbuy, Amazon or GameStop if you don't like it.

I picked up FFIV and Dissidia today. I was kinda sad that neither of the copies I got were the first-run ones with all the goodies inside.

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']I picked up FFIV and Dissidia today. I was kinda sad that neither of the copies I got were the first-run ones with all the goodies inside.[/QUOTE]

my FF XIII was GH's and it included the SQuare enix rewards code thing...I'm not too sure about the whole psp goods

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']I picked up FFIV and Dissidia today. I was kinda sad that neither of the copies I got were the first-run ones with all the goodies inside.[/QUOTE]

most of the goodies was preorder stuff... and the codes are mostly worthless now.. i remember the preorder Dissidia code getting up to 150 bucks

[quote name='CaoPi']my FF XIII was GH's and it included the SQuare enix rewards code thing...I'm not too sure about the whole psp goods[/QUOTE]
All Square Enix games come with one of those Square Enix Members codes (which you can't do anything with right now until they bring their site back online). I know that the first-run copies of FFIV included a character/skin for Dissidia 012 and a pack of cards. I forget what Dissidia had.

[quote name='slidecage']most of the goodies was preorder stuff... and the codes are mostly worthless now.. i remember the preorder Dissidia code getting up to 150 bucks[/QUOTE]
It would have been nice to have the cards from the first-run FFIV.

I don't know why bother asking. I have personally never heard of retailer offering a refund for opened video game, or any sort of software/movies. It would lead to a shit ton of abuse, just like your situation. Just because you did not like the game does not mean that the retailer should take a hit. Making an informed decision is up to you, not them. If they allowed returns on opened new movies/games/software, any retailer would turn into blockbuster, a rental establishment (except the rentals are free).

[quote name='sylveranking']I have personally never heard of retailer offering a refund for opened video game, or any sort of software/movies. [/QUOTE]

Gamestop/EB used to accept returns on open games. Just sayin'.

great deal, picked up my FFIV and Dissidia. FFIV came with cards and disssidia came with character skin code. Didn't even bother to to check stock, just went in and saw it.

[quote name='chingychink2005']great deal, picked up my FFIV and Dissidia. FFIV came with cards and disssidia came with character skin code. Didn't even bother to to check stock, just went in and saw it.[/QUOTE]

What character skin code did Dissidia came with? I bought it on launch and don't remember any. Unless you meant FFIV came with both the card and code (for Cecile) for Dissidia, which first print did.

[quote name='hpbbes']Gamestop/EB used to accept returns on open games. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

They still do since they sell new items that have been opened. It probably does open them up to abuse, but not enough to change policy I guess.

[quote name='vherub']They still do since they sell new items that have been opened. It probably does open them up to abuse, but not enough to change policy I guess.[/QUOTE]

I thought they put some seal over it after they put the disc in the case.

But if not, that is probably the one case where I would hope people abuse it, since I never understood how they can legally sell open games as full price new. And I usually hate it when people abuse things like that, but gamestop needs to change their policy.

[quote name='vherub']They still do since they sell new items that have been opened. It probably does open them up to abuse, but not enough to change policy I guess.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely not the case in my area GS's. In fact, during the holiday season, I saw at least two people with receipts and opened games wanting to return and couldn't since they were opened.

This sucks. I have the money to buy a copy of Dissidia 2 but the BB in my town is out of stock, so I can not do in-store pick up. BB.com will not ship it to my home.

Keep checking. It seems best buy stores are getting restocked (or returns). A local store near me now shows up as available for pick up where yesterday it was unavailable.

Hmm, FF4 at that price is awesome...but my PSP takes forever to read UMD's >.> and from what i've heard even if you have CFW and rip it to your memory stick it wont work...

[quote name='wugenius']Keep checking. It seems best buy stores are getting restocked (or returns). A local store near me now shows up as available for pick up where yesterday it was unavailable.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. One of my local stores has stock now so I just ordered it for in store pick up.

These bonuses were given for preorders, not included in pack:
Dissidia 012:

• GS bonus: Kingdom Hearts Cloud costume
  • Amazon bonus: Tifa’s Enforcer costume
Tifa's costume was the one that's on high demand on ebay.

These were included in-pack for first printing:
FF IV Complete Collection:

• Cecil’s "Knight of the Twin Moon" costume for use in Dissidia 012
  • FF IV artwork cards
3rd Birthday:

• Aya Brea costume for Lightning for use in Dissidia 012

[quote name='jshackles']Looks like Amazon is price matching the PS3 FF XIII price. Hope they follow suit with the others.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just saw that too, good chance to buy back FF XIII to beat the giant dinosaur thing

If BB B&Ms are getting restocked, there's no reason their online warehouses should not also be, right? I don't really feel like driving out of my way to get something I already have on backorder, and I'm not really in that much of a hurry to get the games and thus add to my backlog...again.

[quote name='chingychink2005']great deal, picked up my FFIV and Dissidia. FFIV came with cards and disssidia came with character skin code. Didn't even bother to to check stock, just went in and saw it.[/QUOTE]

What cards...? Were they inside or out?

Edit: I just saw eau's post... how does one know if we have a print with bonuses?

[quote name='Romeo']What cards...? Were they inside or out?

Edit: I just saw eau's post... how does one know if we have a print with bonuses?[/QUOTE]

I bought FFIV day one and to me, the case was a lot thicker than normal PSP games. The cards are kinda thick so my case was puffy. That or you can look on the side to maybe see if you can see the pack of cards. Only way I know since it's not like they put any stickers on the case.

bread's done
Back