Select Final Fantasy Games for $9.99 at Best Buy (DEAD)

[quote name='confoosious']hmmm looks like mine had the cards.

these things worth anything?[/QUOTE]

Why would it matter? To a collector or a fan they're invaluable.

[quote name='Romeo']Why would it matter? To a collector or a fan they're invaluable.[/QUOTE]

really? you're seriously asking? because i don't care about them and if i can sell them to offset the cost of the game, I would.

[quote name='chingychink2005']great deal, picked up my FFIV and Dissidia. FFIV came with cards and disssidia came with character skin code. Didn't even bother to to check stock, just went in and saw it.[/QUOTE]

What kind of cards? :lol: I havent picked up my order yet, so lazy...

[quote name='confoosious']really? you're seriously asking? because i don't care about them and if i can sell them to offset the cost of the game, I would.[/QUOTE]

Rant mode.....

That's what's wrong with the world today. People are in it for themselves. There is no helping others.

If I had something that someone wanted and was a fan of, I'd give it to them without hesitation or restitution.

/rant

[quote name='Romeo']Rant mode.....

That's what's wrong with the world today. People are in it for themselves. There is no helping others.

If I had something that someone wanted and was a fan of, I'd give it to them without hesitation or restitution.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Cool. Right now I'm a fan of paypal. I guess you're gonna send me some money?

Look, you're barking up the wrong fucking tree. I gave away at least 20 guides on CAG. And I give shit to my friends and family all the time. But I don't know a single person who likes FF. And if the cards are worth something, then yeah, I'd sell them because I don't need or want them. And if they are worth enough to be worth my time to sell them on ebay and I can effectively get the game for free, then that's up to me.

I didn't realize we were supposed to give shit away all the time. Anyone want my gold remote that came with my zelda?

There are probably 100 major resellers on CAG that buy up every fucking thing on sale to resell (look for any of the games from the Best Buy insanity and you'll find tons of CAG names reselling them on amazon and ebay) and you're giving ME shit because I asked how much the FF IV cards were worth? Seriously?

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Can someone post pics of the FFIV cards?

Or even better: post pics of the cards next to the game manual, for comparison.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Here you go my good sir

9d13c87e.jpg

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Here you go my good sir
9d13c87e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks a bunch! Now I have an idea of what to look for if I get a chance to stop by a BB.

Edit: possibly a dumb request, but would it be possible to stack the cards on the of the game manual, then take a picture from the side? I'd like to get an idea about how thick the combined packaging should be...

[quote name='confoosious']
There are probably 100 major resellers on CAG that buy up every fucking thing on sale to resell (look for any of the games from the Best Buy insanity and you'll find tons of CAG names reselling them on amazon and ebay) and you're giving ME shit because I asked how much the FF IV cards were worth? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Not attacking you directly sir. Just firmly believe if you're a member here and caught getting in on deals to resell for profit, that deserves a lifetime ban. That's not why we're here.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Here you go my good sir

9d13c87e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm still confused... do these come packaged outside or inside?

[quote name='Romeo']Not attacking you directly sir. Just firmly believe if you're a member here and caught getting in on deals to resell for profit, that deserves a lifetime ban. That's not why we're here. [/QUOTE]Hate to break it to you, but...

[quote name='Romeo']Not attacking you directly sir. Just firmly believe if you're a member here and caught getting in on deals to resell for profit, that deserves a lifetime ban. That's not why we're here.

Thank you. I'm still confused... do these come packaged outside or inside?[/QUOTE]

They're inside. The top card, Cecil, usually has some indentation lines from the prongs on the case, too.

[quote name='Maskim']They're inside. The top card, Cecil, usually has some indentation lines from the prongs on the case, too.[/QUOTE]

Roger. Isn't there anything on the outside stating there are cards inside? No sticker or alternate UPC?

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Edit: possibly a dumb request, but would it be possible to stack the cards on the of the game manual, then take a picture from the side? I'd like to get an idea about how thick the combined packaging should be...[/QUOTE]

Then please stack the cards to make a house 3 levels high without knocking it over once, take a picture from 3 sides only, then the top. Then while you still have your camera out, stack them on a random person's head without them knowing and take a pic. Sorry, just couldn't resist. :)

But seriously, you can kind of tell how thick it is from his picture already, and can probably see it through the clear plastic part of the case if you can't feel the thickness. But I doubt any stores in your area would still have these on the shelf, let alone first runs.

[quote name='Romeo']Roger. Isn't there anything on the outside stating there are cards inside? No sticker or alternate UPC?[/QUOTE]
Not that I noticed. They were just a pleasant surprise.

i just bought a PSP off craigslist and ive purchased four games already all of which were under $10 each. just bought dissidia, that makes five.

[quote name='Romeo']Roger. Isn't there anything on the outside stating there are cards inside? No sticker or alternate UPC?[/QUOTE]

None, which kinda sucks. Best you can do is try to peak on the side. That is what I did only cause I only bought the games to get the DLC,

Also not a huge note, but I remember when this game first game out there were people who got repeats in their cards. I never opened mine so I not sure if I did, but I do remember over on GFAQS that people would get an extra Kain in replace of another card. Not a big deal.

[quote name='KtMack23']Why did I just buy 2 PSP games? :/
Well here's to hoping they go on sale when the vita comes out.[/QUOTE]

Why bother. The vita doesnt support UMD and you would have to use their passport system to register the game and than download for a discounted price. ill pass on the Vita for now.

[quote name='Romeo']Not attacking you directly sir. Just firmly believe if you're a member here and caught getting in on deals to resell for profit, that deserves a lifetime ban. That's not why we're here. [/QUOTE]

HAHA... no, that's not why YOU'RE here. Flipping happens all the time... how long have you been a member here?

And he's just looking to sell some cards that came with the game... lighten up. Sheesh, there are plenty others here that are very open about their flipping ways, complete with pictures of their balls-in-your-face hoard. Share some of your rage with them if you can't contain it.

Grabbed a copy at my Best Buy yesterday, but no cards/DLC. Oh well. Though if anyone is gonna just throw away their Dissidia code, I'll take one via a PM as I'm an avid fan of the game. Thought SE would have put this on the PSN by now along with the Lightning/Aya code.

[quote name='Bartholomew538']
Grabbed a copy at my Best Buy yesterday, but no cards/DLC. Oh well. Though if anyone is gonna just throw away their Dissidia code, I'll take one via a PM as I'm an avid fan of the game. Thought SE would have put this on the PSN by now along with the Lightning/Aya code.​

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got one at best buy yesterday and I believe someone is stealing them making a slit in the wrapper. Mine didn't have them either but I noticed the slit. Dam I returned a gutted gamestop one that had the cards smh

Thanks for this thread. Finally picked up my FF13 and FF4. It was kind of funny seeing the whole shelf of FF4s set aside at Best Buy.

My FF4 didn't come with the Cecil code (which I didn't know was a first-run thing), so I'm pretty disappointed. I'm going to try to finagle one somehow.

And dear god the PS3 greatest hits case is hideous.

[quote name='metaly']Thanks for this thread. Finally picked up my FF13 and FF4. It was kind of funny seeing the whole shelf of FF4s set aside at Best Buy.

My FF4 didn't come with the Cecil code (which I didn't know was a first-run thing), so I'm pretty disappointed. I'm going to try to finagle one somehow.

And dear god the PS3 greatest hits case is hideous.[/QUOTE]

Wait... FFIV CC had a character promo and cards? I couldn't find anything online about the Cecil thing.

[quote name='Romeo']Wait... FFIV CC had a character promo and cards? I couldn't find anything online about the Cecil thing.[/QUOTE]

It was a code for Dissidia 012 to unlock his SNES costume with the purple hair, which is fuckING UNBELIEVABLE that it even exists.

:cry:

I have an extra set of cards and a cecil code for trade if anybody wants, not really asking for much, sorry if this is against the rules, thought I could help

snagged a FF IV for store pickup. had some gift codes from the cancelled Christmas orders. Wish amazon would PM the FF Duodecim, they are unavailable at my store and am not driving all around for it. If I find the duodecim in store is it 9.99 or will I have to bring a print out of the website?

[quote name='hwmusic']snagged a FF IV for store pickup. had some gift codes from the cancelled Christmas orders. Wish amazon would PM the FF Duodecim, they are unavailable at my store and am not driving all around for it. If I find the duodecim in store is it 9.99 or will I have to bring a print out of the website?[/QUOTE]

No. It's in the paper ad.

My FFXIII got here in the mail today. I really hate how the Greatest Hits label messes up the cover art but I much prefer the red boxes to the clear. Can't have everything I suppose.

Plus there's some activity in my Dissidia and IV order. They seem to be off backorder and getting ready to ship. Here's hoping.

I picked up a copy of IV yesterday in-store and cancelled my online order. I was surprised they had about 5-8 copies left.

So let me see if I have this correct:
Initial print runs of Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection came with some artwork cards and a code for Dissidia 012? And Dissidia 012 had a code with it also?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So let me see if I have this correct:
Initial print runs of Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection came with some artwork cards and a code for Dissidia 012? And Dissidia 012 had a code with it also?[/QUOTE]

Yep! Thats what the majority of people are saying.

And I just checked BB and the games went back up to $19.99 so the deal is over!

Just got back from Best Buy. It was still on the self (Dissidia 012 and FF4, did not check FF13) still with the sticker for $9.99, took it to the register, rang up at $19.99, I told them the sticker on the self was at $9.99 cashier went to check. They did honor the price but took the sticker off the shelf as it was last weeks deal. So if your lucky you can still get it today in store.

[quote name='JCAll']My FFXIII shipped today. IV and Dissidia still backordered.[/QUOTE]

They actually shipped something on backorder (FF IV)!

CAG rule #371: If you find it in-store after your order is backordered, BB will ship it. Otherwise, it'll be cancelled.

Yep, got the email today that my other 2 games were shipped.
This sale has been nervewracking.

Just got my copy of FFIV, it had a 10 written in marker on it, and some of the wrapping was torn..So I went ahead and opened and everything was there included the cards and dlc

Score! I picked up FF complete last week. After opening it I found no extras inside. When I visited a local best buy recently, I noticed a copy of FF complete that looked like it had extra papers inside. I went back today to exchange my copy and the other copy had the code and cards! Totally stoked. :D

bread's done
Back