Smartphone Thread

HTC one is a great piece of hardware. Too bad they mess it up with the sense software. Nothing beats the stock android OS

That's what the Google Play Edition is for. ;)

I just wish more manufacturers went that route.
agreed, if only it wasn't so expensive. as cool as the HTC one hardware is, it's hard to justify spending $200 more than the Nexus 5. Plus the Nexus 5 supports the stupid sprint CDMA bands so I didn't have much choice anyway

My wife and I both got the GPe S4 back in July.  We were in dire need of an upgrade, otherwise we would have waited for the iphone 5s or the Nexus 5.  Are they selling the Nexus at a loss?  That's a bargain price for such a great phone.  

Blinkfeed actually isn't as bad as I thought when I first started using it. Kind of convenient to have headlines and whatnot on the homepage.

agreed, if only it wasn't so expensive. as cool as the HTC one hardware is, it's hard to justify spending $200 more than the Nexus 5. Plus the Nexus 5 supports the stupid sprint CDMA bands so I didn't have much choice anyway
No doubt. That's why I'm kinda kicking the can on getting a new phone. I can spend about $600 on an Xperia Z1 or $350 on a Nexus 5 that's just as good for all intents and purposes. Is the 20MP camera worth the extra $250? Not really when I can buy the Sony QX10 NFC camera attachment for even better photos than the Z1.

My wife and I both got the GPe S4 back in July. We were in dire need of an upgrade, otherwise we would have waited for the iphone 5s or the Nexus 5. Are they selling the Nexus at a loss? That's a bargain price for such a great phone.
Yup, Google is selling it at a loss. The true price of the handset is actually $100 more like the price through Tmobile and they're not even making a profit on it. The second I saw that they were blowing out the Nexus 4 at $200, I called my cousin right away to buy one...haha.

I use the new us 5, you can't beat the price. If that is still a little much, the moto G will be sold 180 off contract, which is also great. More expensive options are the moto x, HTC one, note 3 and s4.all are great choices.

Need some help. I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhilerate and a few weeks ago, my home screen changed from my normal one to a blue screen with the time, weather, and 5 icons. I couldn't get into the App screen or access my Widgets without escaping out of all my programs. This was annoying, but only last a few hours.

Now, a Samsung ToS prompt keeps popping up out of nowhere and if I don't agree, I can't use Voice Command. I don't use VC and never will, but escaping or declining ends up screwing up my pages. What the hell is going on?

bread's done
Back