[Sold Out YMMV] Limited Steelbook - THOR: Dark World 3D Blu-ray + BD + HD ($22.99)

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!
Best Buy Update: Currently Sold Out Online, YMMV for In-Store:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/thor-the-dark-world-blu-ray-disc-with-steelbook-only--best-buy-blu-ray-disc/3781037.p?id=2986330&skuId=3781037

Amazon also matched Best Buy's pre-order price for their standard ver:

http://www.amazon.com/Thor-World-2-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B00HERGM86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392963464&sr=8-2&keywords=thor+dark+world

cat_thor-the-dark-world-t21207.jpg

$_58.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a store pickup about half hour ago. The stores are opened now. Still didnt get "order is ready for pick up" yet.

I talked to the employee. He said these special limited exclusive steelbooks will not be for pickups.
And he would be wrong because they always have been. Thor is available right now for pickup. My guess is there was a glitch and it didn't go live until the store opened when it should have been midnight pacific time like it should have been.

Went in at opening. They had five on the shelf and an employee had already grabbed one. I'm guessing they have six copies at the smaller stores.

Got to my store at 10:00 guy in front of me took all 6-7 that were on the "new release" kiosk. They had a separate display for Thor with like 3-4 more copies of the steelbook so I grabbed one from there. In the checkout line he had the balls to ask me where I found it.

Got to my store at 10:00 guy in front of me took all 6-7 that were on the "new release" kiosk. They had a separate display for Thor with like 3-4 more copies of the steelbook so I grabbed one from there. In the checkout line he had the balls to ask me where I found it.
Did you tell him there's a special place in CAG hell for people like him? Where he gets steelbooks thrown at him for being an inconsiderate asshole?

I have two for in-store pickup in the event the shipped ones are damaged. If all copies come through, I'll have two available for cost for anyone that can't find them locally.

Just opened mine. 

Noticed there is a 3rd spot for a 3rd disc. I'm guessing that was originally for the digital copy disc? Which is useless now. Good. 

Just opened mine.

Noticed there is a 3rd spot for a 3rd disc. I'm guessing that was originally for the digital copy disc? Which is useless now. Good.
I think the 3rd disc space was suppose to be for the DVD but they decided to not include it. Shame they didn't pass that info on to Scanavo before they shipped them out.

I had some asshole who was waiting outside the store and small talking with me before the store opened do something similar, though he just grabbed four copies. The best part is that his checkout process was screwed up for one or more reasons, so I breezed right though checkout with my single copy and headed out the door.

Did you tell him there's a special place in CAG hell for people like him? Where he gets steelbooks thrown at him for being an inconsiderate asshole?
Actually, he should be stuck in a room with a non-stop loop of Glitter and Jersey Girl.

Received a message saying its not available. What a bunch of crap.
Call the store with the SKU # and have them check in RSS to see what their real inventory is. They might find it at another store, if there are other stores in your area.

I have two for in-store pickup in the event the shipped ones are damaged. If all copies come through, I'll have two available for cost for anyone that can't find them locally.
Good luck with that. As scarce as this seems to be with assholes grabbing up multiple copies, you might get them into the hands of CAGs if you end up with multiples.

Just opened mine.

Might have been for the DVD disc, which sometimes also has the digital copy file on it. This one is 3D BD / BD / UV DC, so it might be the DVD disc that was that third disc.

If I see any in store when I go to pick up my copy, I'll try to pick up a couple extras in case anyone needs one.

So even my store which is pretty low traffic had the stand emptied out with only one other location containing a few. Happy to get it but I was really surprised. Is this low quantity, a limited run, or both?

Success! Ordered one for in-store pickup! Have to take an hour drive after work but I had some errands to do there anyway so it works out. $17.99 after an RZ cert!

Insane. I used to never have a problem getting steelbooks for any release as long as I went before close on the day of release... and in most instances I could pick them up a week after release.

Now it looks like everything within 200 miles has been cleared out according to online inventory (I know that means they might have 1-3). I guess someone is having fun on eBay.

Yep. Forgot that this didn't include DVD which isn't a dealbreaker for me anyway.

Oh and shrike... this isn't UV compatible, but you can have it on your VUDU account. I opted to redeem through the Disney Movies Anywhere thing they are promoting which you can link with your iTunes account.

And when you do it through that... you get The Incredibles digital copy through iTunes as well! Awesome surprise, because they don't tell you until you finish with the registration and linking of accounts! Hop to it boys!

Just want to add that I'm downloading the digital copy to my iPad as we speak. It is in HD file size is 3.5GB. ;)

Call the store with the SKU # and have them check in RSS to see what their real inventory is. They might find it at another store, if there are other stores in your area.
Unavailable within 100 miles of me. Oh well. I don't "need" the steelbook. I'll just settle for the regular blu for less money.

Well, I lucked out. I had intended to take an early lunch at 12:00 to drive 10 minutes away to BestBuy to pick up the Steelbook. But I had to make a quick stop before work today, so at the last minute, I decided to just stop by and pick it up before going into work. I was there at the Crossgates, NY BestBuy when the doors opened at 10:00. When I got to the display, I managed to grab the last Steelbook.

The man setting up the Thor display told me that BestBuy only ordered six copies of the Steelbook for the "New Releases" rack and six for the Thor display. He claimed more will be coming in throughout the week, "because it's on sale", but he also mentioned how he has over 1,000 movies and doesn't understand why people like steelbooks and that he personally dislikes them because they're "heavier" than regular cases and that the industry will be "switching to plastic sleeves soon." So how reliable this guy's word is on a restock is debatable...

It's funny, had I gone to BestBuy after work as I usually do, or taken an early lunch as I had planned, I'd have missed out, as they sold out completely within the first 15 minutes of opening...

Is anyone else on the bandwagon for tracking down these scalpers/hoarders and beating them with whatever is handy for depriving us of a fair deal on this movie?

Yep. Forgot that this didn't include DVD which isn't a dealbreaker for me anyway.

Oh and shrike... this isn't UV compatible, but you can have it on your VUDU account. I opted to redeem through the Disney Movies Anywhere thing they are promoting which you can link with your iTunes account.

And when you do it through that... you get The Incredibles digital copy through iTunes as well! Awesome surprise, because they don't tell you until you finish with the registration and linking of accounts! Hop to it boys!

Just want to add that I'm downloading the digital copy to my iPad as we speak. It is in HD file size is 3.5GB. ;)
The Movies Anywhere thing is how Disney is going to push Frozen 3D as well.

If you're not having any luck getting it in-store with an in-store pickup order, try calling BB Customer Care and see if they're able to get one for you.  It may not be quick if they do find one, though it'll be better than not having one at all.

I opted to redeem through the Disney Movies Anywhere thing they are promoting which you can link with your iTunes account.

Sweet!

Hopefully the FREE Incredibles digital copy isn't a limited time thing.

I ordered store pickup early this morning, it's a good thing because my store now shows unavailable right now.

Shrike, I tried calling that number and there's one store 2.5 hours away from me that has it but otherwise he couldn't do anything. They can't do any kind of ship to home apparently. Another waste of time with BB.

What store was this at? I've seen people take 2-3 better never more than that, when you have that many it's pretty obvious what your trying to do.

I also ended up getting Gravity for $17.99, I found a 3D copy on AWD last night for $23 and I was debating it but glad I didn't!

I just checked online and all the stores except 3 are unavailable, the funny part is the 3 that do have them in stock are in the same general area out towards Temecula.

What store was this at? I've seen people take 2-3 better never more than that, when you have that many it's pretty obvious what your trying to do.

I also ended up getting Gravity for $17.99, I found a 3D copy on AWD last night for $23 and I was debating it but glad I didn't!
Where did you find Gravity in 3D for $17.99?

Anyone know if the stand alone bluray comes with Disney rewards? Or does this even come with Disney rewards period?
I don't have a 3d blu player so kinda pointless getting the 3d combo. Especially if it doesn't have a DVD with it too.

Where did you find Gravity in 3D for $17.99?
Frys sent out to subscribers an emails with a special promotion for an in store purchase for $17.99 with a unique? code, I showed them the email and they pricematched the movie for me.

Anyone know if the stand alone bluray comes with Disney rewards? Or does this even come with Disney rewards period?
I don't have a 3d blu player so kinda pointless getting the 3d combo. Especially if it doesn't have a DVD with it too.
the activation code thats inside it counts as the disney code too my friend so you are good to go. i just put my code aside for the next disney promo that will pop up after the current one ends :D

no luck around the LA area, a rep checked and said all the stores were sold out of the steel (not sure if he was just BSing me so I'd buy the regular 3d).  I think I might just get the Loki cover from Target

Wow, was at my BB at 9:30 this morning.  Was told they sold out within minutes of opening. Had to drive to the next closest store with it in stock, 75 miles round trip. Did store pick-up and they only had 1 left. Mooresville NC.

bread's done
Back