[Sold Out YMMV] Limited Steelbook - THOR: Dark World 3D Blu-ray + BD + HD ($22.99)

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!
Best Buy Update: Currently Sold Out Online, YMMV for In-Store:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/thor-the-dark-world-blu-ray-disc-with-steelbook-only--best-buy-blu-ray-disc/3781037.p?id=2986330&skuId=3781037

Amazon also matched Best Buy's pre-order price for their standard ver:

http://www.amazon.com/Thor-World-2-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B00HERGM86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392963464&sr=8-2&keywords=thor+dark+world

cat_thor-the-dark-world-t21207.jpg

$_58.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, I'm with you on that. I used to buy a lot of Jordans and remember people camping out overnight for pairs, I could never get myself to do it.
Well when one doesn't have to work for a living because everyone else works to provide for them then they have more time to do things like camp out for sneakers....

oh wait wrong forum.

Too little too late. There is no 3-D version of Hunger Games 2, and since the studio isn't owned by Disney, there's an extremely good chance it will be cheaper come Black Friday and the weeks leading up to Christmas.

There are rumors they will have a steelbook when Frozen is launched, and that it will include a 3-D disc; the only way you can get one in the U.S. at launch. True, it was a flop in that it only made $981 million (missing the Billion Dollar Club by $19 million - which is like making it to the Super Bowl and playing like the Denver Broncos this year), but there should still be plenty of demand for it. Let's hope they don't eff that one up.
The only way we'll find out more is when the ad might leak, which would be next week at the earliest. I'd keep an ear down at Blu-Ray.com and see what comes out of there, as they usually find steelbooks quicker than anywhere else out on the Internet.

My guess is that the Zavvi steelbook will be it and there won't be any domestic releases coming here. The US release is 03/18/14, so it would be on the ad that might get leaked mid-next week or the end of next week. Beyond that, I'd keep checking the usual suspects (Target, Walmart, Best Buy) and see if one produces a steelbook entry.

Since 3D is beyond abandoned here save the Disney digital download process they're rolling out, I doubt it would have a 3D disc. We'll see as we get into the end of next week.

Which store do you go to? I think I read somewhere that some guy in West Hollywood picked them clean, I assumed it was you. =P
Odds are high it was him cleaning out a store for their own hoarding.

Can't we pre-order it, go to Best Buy, raise a fuss if they screw up with their quantities and get a bigger discount? =P
You can pre-order it, though you can't do in-store pickup until the morning of release date. Best Buy locks out in-store pickup from an option until that morning (usually goes live between 12AM - 2AM on release date) and then you can do in-store pickup. Otherwise, you'd have to do it online for shipment. That's how I did the 6-pack of the F&F steelbooks because it was live at 1AM CT and then the six-pack was gone by about 11AM on release date, due to "limited quantities".

For Thor, in-store pickup was borked because shipment ordering was sold out, which tends to screw up in-store pickup ordering. The mobile site was working OK as I checked it from the parking lot while waiting for the store to open.

I called about BB canceling my in-store pickup and got a $5 GC for my trouble...yay?
I suppose it's better than nothing? They offered $5 of Bravely Default std when they sold my CE. I passed as I know at some point, I can get the standard cheaper or part of an eventual B2G1 sale at GS.

I'm not believing in a domestic Frozen steel until someone actually confirms it.that would make my month!

I'd love one, but definitely cannot afford to camp for one.

Ads are out for 3/9 to 3/15 nothing about Frozen having a steelbook, it's included with a handful of other movies for pre-order for $19.99 with the inclusion of 100 extra rewards points.

Biggest highlights are 12 years of Slave, Dallas Buyers Club, About Time and Rush are going to be $17.99 this week.

I did get a chuckle though when talking to the store manager about it and he said how there was a big lag between when you place an order for in-store pickup and when it's processed during which they usually sell out. He didn't get a chuckle when I asked what the point of in-store pickup is then ;)

Best Buy Canada has Frozen book exclusive. I assume USA will be the same.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/frozen-bilingual-best-buy-exclusive-book-blu-ray-combo-2013-blu-ray-dvd/m2210382.aspx?path=4692e6232214920ecb49e745e10f519cen02

Well, it's not a Steelbook, but it's better than nothing. Although I'm fairly certain the BB ad leak for the USA from that week doesn't show anything special.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/frozen-2-pack-2-disc-digital-copy-blu-ray-disc/3642002.p?id=2966123&skuId=3642002&st=frozen&lp=2&cp=1

This and the regular DVD are the only thing on Bestbuy.com right now.

I'm fairly positive the BB employee that's on blu-ray.com already debunked the Frozen steelbook rumor, saying they do not have one.

In Thor news, I was able to grab the last Loki version at Target. The slipcase does look pretty snazzy.

Sunday, when it's no longer on sale, at the earliest. Or, maybe they'll reward the whore-ders and never release more ever, guaranteeing high prices on Ebay.
I think this is it. Very doubtful you'll see more Thor SB's at BB. My store was picked clean of everything (steelbook, standard, 3D) and today they got another shipment of the standard and 3D set but of course no SB.

Just FYI that as of right now it is region B.
Well, poo. Thanks, I almost pulled the trigger on it when I posted it, but something told me not to.

I read something about Amazon UK possibly having a Steelbook? Or is that the same thing Zavvi has? (Region B)

Well, poo. Thanks, I almost pulled the trigger on it when I posted it, but something told me not to.

I read something about Amazon UK possibly having a Steelbook? Or is that the same thing Zavvi has? (Region B)
It is a gamble whether or not it will really be region B. I have bought Aladdin, Little Mermaid and Jungle Book from Zavvi and only Jungle Book was Region B despite them all stating it on the webpage.

It is a gamble whether or not it will really be region B. I have bought Aladdin, Little Mermaid and Jungle Book from Zavvi and only Jungle Book was Region B despite them all stating it on the webpage.
By the time it is known if it region free or not. It will be sold out.

Found two tonight stuck behind some regular 3D's. The same store didn't have any a few days ago. I'm guessing either employee holds or returns.

I walked in there Tuesday morning fully expecting a display with 40-50 Steelbooks, there was maybe 5-6 total. I got there about 20 minutes after the store opened, so unless a mad dash came through first thing and snatched them..

Amazon has been wrong before about being region-free vs Region B.

Found two tonight stuck behind some regular 3D's. The same store didn't have any a few days ago. I'm guessing either employee holds or returns.
I think you found someone's stash. Good job.

As long as Best Buy doesn't screw up the in-store pickup options come Friday, it won't be an issue with doing an in-store pickup order on the Hunger Games steelbooks.

That was the main issue on Tuesday, the website was mostly borked for that because it was sold out online and that screws up in-store pickup ordering. The mobile site seemed to be OK, so we'll know more come 12AM - 2AM CT on Tuesday morning (if Hunger Games releases first, which I doubt) or more likely 12AM - 2AM CT on next Friday morning.

Yes. LE versions/steelbooks/etc share the same DPCI as the non-"special" versions. It's been that way for multiple years, which have included all the steelbooks in recent memory, plus other "LE" versions like the Loki slipcover for Dark World, X-Men First Class with BD/DVD/DC and the other Target-specific versions.
Can this be preordered to be shipped? With the ice coming to STL I don't know if I'll be able to leave my apartment on Tuesday.

Can this be preordered to be shipped? With the ice coming to STL I don't know if I'll be able to leave my apartment on Tuesday.
They're releasing on Friday, not Tuesday. I checked both steelbook items and they show 3/7 as release date.

So...either 3D Blu/Blu from the UK or Blu/DVD/Digital from US...I think I'll take up on Frozen from the US since 3D is...not needed now.

I do want the Hunger Games Blu-Rays, and if I can get them for $14 each at release, then I'll bite.

I wish they did a deal on Thor and Thor: TDW like this...spend less than $30 to get both. =/

So...either 3D Blu/Blu from the UK or Blu/DVD/Digital from US...I think I'll take up on Frozen from the US since 3D is...not needed now.

I do want the Hunger Games Blu-Rays, and if I can get them for $14 each at release, then I'll bite.

I wish they did a deal on Thor and Thor: TDW like this...spend less than $30 to get both. =/
You will be able to get both steelbooks for $14 each, though you may need to wait until Friday to order them both. The first movie is at $17.99 right now, and the second one is $22.99 right now, though no sign of the "buy both for $27.99" in the two items.

It may change tomorrow when the ad goes live, though in-store pickup will still be dead until 12AM - 2AM CT on Friday morning. Well, it should, at least.

You will be able to get both steelbooks for $14 each, though you may need to wait until Friday to order them both. The first movie is at $17.99 right now, and the second one is $22.99 right now, though no sign of the "buy both for $27.99" in the two items.

It may change tomorrow when the ad goes live, though in-store pickup will still be dead until 12AM - 2AM CT on Friday morning. Well, it should, at least.
I'll be able to hit the store just slightly after open that day since my workplace is very close.

i found 3 at my local BB. hehe. going to hit it up tomorrow to pick the one I hid.

Went back and got it. the other two were already bought. 

The people that have find some copys was it showing in stock on the look up

I would have been more interested if they had used this poster image for the case…

ThorCapePoster.JPG

The Loki Embrace poster would have been acceptable as well.

My idiot friend is trying to sell his copy for $40 here in NYC.

I loathe him. Nice guy, but not when he feels he has a good collectible and can flip it with minimal time invested.

Compared to the eBay listings I've seen, $40 isnt bad.

I may end up getting one for $30ish from someone in the forum, otherwise I'll open up the Loki slipcover.

This may have been mentioned but I was in Target today and both had 8+ of the Thor 2 3D Blu-rays with Loki slipcover. I'm guessing this wasn't all that limited and they were able to get more to stores

bread's done
Back