[Sold Out YMMV] Limited Steelbook - THOR: Dark World 3D Blu-ray + BD + HD ($22.99)

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!
Best Buy Update: Currently Sold Out Online, YMMV for In-Store:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/thor-the-dark-world-blu-ray-disc-with-steelbook-only--best-buy-blu-ray-disc/3781037.p?id=2986330&skuId=3781037

Amazon also matched Best Buy's pre-order price for their standard ver:

http://www.amazon.com/Thor-World-2-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B00HERGM86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392963464&sr=8-2&keywords=thor+dark+world

cat_thor-the-dark-world-t21207.jpg

$_58.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The Targets around here are out of the Loki slip cover, at least that's what the associates there say.  The movies are scattered in different parts of the store so there might still be a few

I don't understand why this is so popular! The movie is average, with critics generally rating it lower than the original, which was hardly a masterpiece, it did good but not spectacular business at the box office, and the 3-D has been described as average at best, yet every single 3-D copy, steelbook or otherwise, is gone, as it is at nearly every other store (even B and N, where it's more expensive). Non-3D editions are common as dirt. Why? What is it about this movie I'm missing?
people are more invested into the characters thanks to the first film and while not as deeply written as the dark knight its still really fun to watch ! isnt that why we go see a movie in the first place ? not to mention this helps set up the eventual thanos story arc so it makes it important too. cant wait for guardians of the galaxy and captain america winter soldier :D

Was there like a shortage of all the Thor 2s or what. Amazon is out of the single disc and all the stores around here don't have it either. I've never seen that happen locally with the stores here as every one of them usually gets 300+ copies and I know 300+ people didn't buy it up in the span of two days.

All bestbuy around me are sold out how the he'll do they sell out so fast

Last edited:
All bestbuy around me are sold out how the he'll do they sell out so fast
Low Stock, not enough orders of them. 'exclusive movie' lets order 5 copies and post it in the ad and sucker aholes into the store to buy other shit.. Lame but true.

It was $24.56 for me with 6.85% tax. You're also assuming folks have packing materials laying around that they don't mind parting with.

At least be semi reasonable.
No doubt, mine was $24.76. Granted, I only got 1 anyways, but I wouldn't sell one for that. He's basically saying "just put it on eBay".

I'm almost positive it's 100% sold out, a user that works for BBY at blu-ray.com confirmed that the entire stock is gone as of yesterday.
I went to the same Best Buy yesterday to drop off some recycling items that I was at Tuesday to get my Thor steelbook and it looks like the entire cardboard display was sacked by thieves. There was one or two single-disc BD versions sitting in the entire display and that was it.

Is that confirmed? I thought there was a Best Buy mystery sku still floating around out there?

Also, I have had a hell of the time trying to get my digital copy of those as my DMR account keeps getting rejected. Am I missing something? If I try to just create a new one it says the email is already being used.
I am having the same issues. The points don't show up in my DMR account.

I went to the same Best Buy yesterday to drop off some recycling items that I was at Tuesday to get my Thor steelbook and it looks like the entire cardboard display was sacked by thieves. There was one or two single-disc BD versions sitting in the entire display and that was it.
Same thing happened to me. I had absolutely no interest in getting this movie until everyone started going on about how hard it is to find. Now I want it, and don't have it, and am pyst.

I'm almost positive it's 100% sold out, a user that works for BBY at blu-ray.com confirmed that the entire stock is gone as of yesterday.
I'm on there too, same guy is saying BBY won't be getting anymore. I hope it's not true. If I'd known it was going to be a rare item, I'd probably have bought two - 1 to open and 1 to keep mint sealed.

I'm on there too, same guy is saying BBY won't be getting anymore. I hope it's not true. If I'd known it was going to be a rare item, I'd probably have bought two - 1 to open and 1 to keep mint sealed.
And why keep it sealed? There's only two reasons to keep it sealed:

1) Sell it on eBay/CL/whatever for profit.

2) Enjoy having a second copy of something sealed because you have spare space to do so.

Can't see a third reason other than that.

It was $24.56 for me with 6.85% tax. You're also assuming folks have packing materials laying around that they don't mind parting with.

At least be semi reasonable.
As a community service advocate and someone that goes against the re-selling of popular shoes, I am being reasonable. Why should someone profit for "helping somebody out?" If you're looking for a profit, be one of those turds on eBay.

Tax in my state is 9.25%. That being said, I'll raise to $30 shipped.

So I'm assuming people are gonna be freakin' camping out next week for the Hunger Games steelbook.

So I'm assuming people are gonna be freakin' camping out next week for the Hunger Games steelbook.
Me? I ain't too worried about it. I'll go up there and see if they have both Steelbooks in stock for $28. If they do, sold. If not, I'll move on.

the day that people camp out for steelbooks will be the day that i worry about mankind
Keep in mind that hoarders are often campers as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Hunger Games steels. I just feel this will be just as mass produced as those Batman steels with the way this is being marketed to the masses.

That's just my opinion, so it ain't worth too much.

There was a line outside my local Best Buy apparently.  By the time I got there after work, no hope whatsoever.  The employee was an idiot, too.  He laughed in my face when I asked about it.

As a community service advocate and someone that goes against the re-selling of popular shoes, I am being reasonable. Why should someone profit for "helping somebody out?" If you're looking for a profit, be one of those turds on eBay.

Tax in my state is 9.25%. That being said, I'll raise to $30 shipped.
But who is profiting from $30 shipped? $25 for the title, $3 probably for shipping. Include a little for time and effort, gas, packaging supplies....I think $30 is a steal, I would have paid $30 to NOT have to drive to Best Buy and pick it up.

But who is profiting from $30 shipped? $25 for the title, $3 probably for shipping. Include a little for time and effort, gas, packaging supplies....I think $30 is a steal, I would have paid $30 to NOT have to drive to Best Buy and pick it up.
That's why I just offered $30 flat. It's a steal at that price. I'm more than willing to pay that to him.

Keep in mind that hoarders are often campers as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Hunger Games steels. I just feel this will be just as mass produced as those Batman steels with the way this is being marketed to the masses.

That's just my opinion, so it ain't worth too much.
I read on bluray.com somewhere that the stock numbers were much larger, but there was a HUGE difference in the titles. Catching Fire's numbers were Dark Knight comparable, but the original was much lower. Not that it will be hard to come by, but compared to the newer one it will be 1/4 of the stock.

And why keep it sealed? There's only two reasons to keep it sealed:

1) Sell it on eBay/CL/whatever for profit.

2) Enjoy having a second copy of something sealed because you have spare space to do so.

Can't see a third reason other than that.
I used to pick up 2 copies of everything. My reasoning was this....if I ever hit a slump or something bad arrises, I can dump everything I have opened up already on eBay and get some quick cash. Then, I still have a sealed copy of everything that used to be in my collection. Of course, this is stupid reasoning and it didn't work. I ended up gifting some things, selling some copies to friends who missed out, etc. But at the time I thought it to be a good idea, and I had the money to do so. I still have a lot of stuff in storage that is sealed, I dont even remember what all is there. But I know that when I get around to it, there is a small treasure trove in there of stuff that I'm going to want to open up and keep again because I no longer have it. Or, maybe a piece or 2 I'll throw on eBay, depending on the market. Who knows?

RE: Catching Fire steelbooks

BBY employee at blu-ray.com says the Hunger Games steelbooks will be in very good supply like those Batman steelbooks and stores will get more than enough supply:

"Catching Fire steelbooks will not be a repeat of Thor: The Dark World. There will be 67 steelbook copies at my location. About 60-70 each location."

^ This is in New York.

So no need to start camping out ;)

BBY employee at blu-ray.com says the Hunger Games steelbooks will be in very good supply like those Batman steelbooks and stores will get more than enough supply:

"Catching Fire steelbooks will not be a repeat of Thor: The Dark World. There will be 67 steelbook copies at my location. About 60-70 each location."

^ This is in New York.

For those who care, I think Hunger Games is coming out Tuesday, not really sure what day but the same guy said stock is half of Catching Fire.

Picked up a Loki slipcover copy today. There were 2 left (now one) at a Target way out of the way of my normal drive. Stock Locator says there's a few available at my local Target but I didn't see them. I'll have to ask my friend who works electronics there if he's seen them.

Picked up a Loki slipcover copy today. There were 2 left (now one) at a Target way out of the way of my normal drive. Stock Locator says there's a few available at my local Target but I didn't see them. I'll have to ask my friend who works electronics there if he's seen them.
Don't those editions have the same DPCI as the BR3D+BR+UV editions without Loki slipcovers? I remember that being the case for the Bourne steelbooks vs. non-steelbooks. :???:

Don't those editions have the same DPCI as the BR3D+BR+UV editions without Loki slipcovers? I remember that being the case for the Bourne steelbooks vs. non-steelbooks. :???:
I used the stock locator on Target's website to locate mine.

I also didn't see ANY 3D/2D copy without the slipcover.

I used the stock locator on Target's website to locate mine.

I also didn't see ANY 3D/2D copy without the slipcover.
It says a ton of stores by me have it, but I worked at Target for 6+ years and know it's not very accurate. Since it sounds like I'm SOL on the steelbook I'll probably swing by Target tonight. The Loki cover does look pretty slick.

I got a Loki slip too, the store I went to had about 10 copies of it.  I hate those stupid coffins they put them into, they end up creasing the slip.

I agree that the stock locator isn't that accurate, I went to two stores that showed it in stock only to leave empty handed.

As far as I know there is no standard edition at Target with the 3D/2D and it was a pain to price match wal-marts price since they now scan the item in question with the iPod, the movie itself has a unique barcode pasted over the original.

As long as Best Buy doesn't screw up the in-store pickup options come Friday, it won't be an issue with doing an in-store pickup order on the Hunger Games steelbooks.

That was the main issue on Tuesday, the website was mostly borked for that because it was sold out online and that screws up in-store pickup ordering. The mobile site seemed to be OK, so we'll know more come 12AM - 2AM CT on Tuesday morning (if Hunger Games releases first, which I doubt) or more likely 12AM - 2AM CT on next Friday morning.

Yes. LE versions/steelbooks/etc share the same DPCI as the non-"special" versions. It's been that way for multiple years, which have included all the steelbooks in recent memory, plus other "LE" versions like the Loki slipcover for Dark World, X-Men First Class with BD/DVD/DC and the other Target-specific versions.

BBY employee at blu-ray.com says the Hunger Games steelbooks will be in very good supply like those Batman steelbooks and stores will get more than enough supply:

"Catching Fire steelbooks will not be a repeat of Thor: The Dark World. There will be 67 steelbook copies at my location. About 60-70 each location."

^ This is in New York.

Good to know

^ This is in New York.

Too little too late. There is no 3-D version of Hunger Games 2, and since the studio isn't owned by Disney, there's an extremely good chance it will be cheaper come Black Friday and the weeks leading up to Christmas.

There are rumors they will have a steelbook when Frozen is launched, and that it will include a 3-D disc; the only way you can get one in the U.S. at launch. True, it was a flop in that it only made $981 million (missing the Billion Dollar Club by $19 million - which is like making it to the Super Bowl and playing like the Denver Broncos this year), but there should still be plenty of demand for it. Let's hope they don't eff that one up.

Too little too late. There is no 3-D version of Hunger Games 2, and since the studio isn't owned by Disney, there's an extremely good chance it will be cheaper come Black Friday and the weeks leading up to Christmas.

There are rumors they will have a steelbook when Frozen is launched, and that it will include a 3-D disc; the only way you can get one in the U.S. at launch. True, it was a flop in that it only made $981 million (missing the Billion Dollar Club by $19 million - which is like making it to the Super Bowl and playing like the Denver Broncos this year), but there should still be plenty of demand for it. Let's hope they don't eff that one up.
If nobody owns the movies yet, getting both Steelbooks for $14 each ain't a bad deal. I was considering it.

There are rumors they will have a steelbook when Frozen is launched, and that it will include a 3-D disc; the only way you can get one in the U.S. at launch.
If this is true, I guess I'll be camping out that morning to beat El Hoardo to the punch.

bread's done
Back