[Sold Out YMMV] Limited Steelbook - THOR: Dark World 3D Blu-ray + BD + HD ($22.99)

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!
Best Buy Update: Currently Sold Out Online, YMMV for In-Store:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/thor-the-dark-world-blu-ray-disc-with-steelbook-only--best-buy-blu-ray-disc/3781037.p?id=2986330&skuId=3781037

Amazon also matched Best Buy's pre-order price for their standard ver:

http://www.amazon.com/Thor-World-2-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B00HERGM86/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392963464&sr=8-2&keywords=thor+dark+world

cat_thor-the-dark-world-t21207.jpg

$_58.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the stand alone bluray comes with Disney rewards? Or does this even come with Disney rewards period?
I don't have a 3d blu player so kinda pointless getting the 3d combo. Especially if it doesn't have a DVD with it too.
Yes, it will, though it comes with 50 less points than the 3-D version.

Every storw in MD is sold out. I really hope these don't sell on ebay just because of all the damn resellers.
Someone had a listing for $45 on them earlier, with 5 available. Best Buy really needs a policy in effect that limits quantities on this stuff, even in the ads. A simple listing of "Limit 1 or 2 per customer" on the ad would make it easier for a lot of us.

Someone had a listing for $45 on them earlier, with 5 available. Best Buy really needs a policy in effect that limits quantities on this stuff, even in the ads. A simple listing of "Limit 1 or 2 per customer" on the ad would make it easier for a lot of us.
On eBay? I just checked them out, overall they are selling for $40+ right now.

But the higher Buy it Now's (79.99) have had a ton sold (same guy has like 40 of them, and most are sold).

It's absolute craziness, there should definitely be a limit, though it would be hard to do and people would still find a way around it. But they dont even need to limit it if they would just produce more of them. Seems like most stores only got a handful, if that many.

On eBay? I just checked them out, overall they are selling for $40+ right now.

But the higher Buy it Now's (79.99) have had a ton sold (same guy has like 40 of them, and most are sold).

It's absolute craziness, there should definitely be a limit, though it would be hard to do and people would still find a way around it. But they dont even need to limit it if they would just produce more of them. Seems like most stores only got a handful, if that many.
^ I would assume the people with mass quantities had inside information in regards to the distrubtion channel. No one preorders 40 copies on the whim that they might not be hard to find because they could end up with the next "Dark Knight" where each store got 30 and have to run the risk of doing multiple returns.

I had planned on going at opening and didn't make it until about noon (store opens at 10AM) and they were cleaned out and I live in a very small market. All neighboring stores are cleaned out too (although there aren't any close neighboring stores). I'm going to guess a handful of people did in-store pickup once that option went live up and down the state.

^ I would assume the people with mass quantities had inside information in regards to the distrubtion channel. No one preorders 40 copies on the whim that they might not be hard to find because they could end up with the next "Dark Knight" where each store got 30 and have to run the risk of doing multiple returns.

I had planned on going at opening and didn't make it until about noon (store opens at 10AM) and they were cleaned out and I live in a very small market. All neighboring stores are cleaned out too (although there aren't any close neighboring stores). I'm going to guess a handful of people did in-store pickup once that option went live up and down the state.
Right. The store I was at today STILL had Dark Knight Returns out, and a few others. But how do they pre-order that many? I had been watching for weeks before it came out and the pre-order never came back. Weren't they limited to 1 copy? Seems like an easy catch if the same person is ordering on 40 different accounts.

i honestly never understood the steelbook craze. its not like every single movie has them so your collection isnt gonna exactly match anyway. i dont know mabye its just me
I tried to get into it, but there's just too many and most are insanely priced. I have Disney's and Marvel, only reason I went for this one.

Other than those, I have a handful that I just really liked the movie or the artwork (Resident Evil series, The Mechanic, 9...that's about it for me)

yeah, the secondary market for steelbooks can get crazy, just look at the the Captain America and the first Iron Man steels.

I wanted this one, even if it doesn't match my collection (which I'm not too picky about) but I'm not paying those crazy ebay prices to get it.

Insance.  I called my local Bestbuy at 10 AM, Some guy out there waiting b4 the store open and bought all 16 copies, lucky i called another bestbuy get able to do intore order.  I can buy more than 1 copy but let someone able to get 1.   Scored 1 copy an picked up 2 hours ago.  All SOLD OUT and peoples still asking for it!  Ebay Seller is EVIL.

Wow this was a hot seller today, eh? I remember last time I got a steelbook for The Dark Knight Rises they were still plentiful by afternoon.
I would've been there at 11AM to get it, but alas I ended up spending the whole afternoon with my gf for lunch, oh well.
I went to the Pasadena store and they said they sold out everywhere, including other local stores (Duarte, Montebello, West Covina). The guy I asked said they might get another shipment by Friday night and should hopefully have it out again by Saturday.

Lol gotta love these resellers. What demographic are they, 20ish guys who think they're slick or people in their 30-40s who have nothing better to do than to make a few extra bucks. I've discovered most of these people regardless of their age are cretins who happened to watch Pawn Stars or American Pickers on History and now do this because they think they are badass hustlers lol.

Wow, I put in an order for two in-store pick up first thing in the morning (for two different stores just in case one gave me the out-of-stock notification on one) and when I went to pick one up @10am, they were all gone. I still have one on reserve for the second one but most likely I'll be keeping that one sealed for collection purpose. $22.99 for a 3D BR Steelbook on release date is an absolute steal for me considering Thor 3D never went cheaper then $25 (between best buy, frys, target, walmart, and amazon) unless I missed a sale without knowing?

Lol gotta love these resellers. What demographic are they, 20ish guys who think they're slick or people in their 30-40s who have nothing better to do than to make a few extra bucks. I've discovered most of these people regardless of their age are cretins who happened to watch Pawn Stars or American Pickers on History and now do this because they think they are badass hustlers lol.
I can't stand them. Yes I con understand if you get 2 or 3. Maybe one for you and 2 for trading but to get all the copies at a store is sicking. I mean if they had 5 copies at a store then I would get 2 only. I usually get 2, one for me and one for my buddy that works at the Mall Gamestop. He can't make it as he usually opens so I pick him up a copy.

I mean it is just stupid to buy up all the stock and screw people out of getting the Steelbook. Shame because people have to work or have kids. Plus the Thor 2 SB had a 5 limit per person on it anyway. So stores there were letting people buy all of them were wrong.

Yeah, greedy dumb fucks. The thing is even stores instituted some sort of limit people who would find ways around it. Stores already do this kind of thing on hot items anyway and people still exploit the rules. My mom has worked retail for over 12 years now and an easy example is the Wii systems when they were first on the scene and hard to get. The store would limit the system to one per person (sometimes family) but anyone who wanted one would just bring their friend(s) or family and have them buy one as well. It's not even clever but it's not like a store is going to do a background check on you and your known associates. People will always find a way and I imagine that's why many don't even try to limit buyers anymore.

I can't stand them. Yes I con understand if you get 2 or 3. Maybe one for you and 2 for trading but to get all the copies at a store is sicking. I mean if they had 5 copies at a store then I would get 2 only. I usually get 2, one for me and one for my buddy that works at the Mall Gamestop. He can't make it as he usually opens so I pick him up a copy.

I mean it is just stupid to buy up all the stock and screw people out of getting the Steelbook. Shame because people have to work or have kids. Plus the Thor 2 SB had a 5 limit per person on it anyway. So stores there were letting people buy all of them were wrong.
When I went after the Disney steels a while back (the pre-order ones without the disc's, not the older), every store received 10 copies. The same person was there every morning-of getting every single one of them. With every title that came out, same person. They never did anything about it, I assume as long as they sell them they dont care. But I talked to him, he let me and a buddy get one every time, but he still would get the rest. He also said that he went around to 6 different stores around the Charlotte area and bought them ALL, everytime they came out.

Insance. I called my local Bestbuy at 10 AM, Some guy out there waiting b4 the store open and bought all 16 copies, lucky i called another bestbuy get able to do intore order. I can buy more than 1 copy but let someone able to get 1. Scored 1 copy an picked up 2 hours ago. All SOLD OUT and peoples still asking for it! Ebay Seller is EVIL.
Which store was this and I can believe that. Same thing happened to me as well.

When I went after the Disney steels a while back (the pre-order ones without the disc's, not the older), every store received 10 copies. The same person was there every morning-of getting every single one of them. With every title that came out, same person. They never did anything about it, I assume as long as they sell them they dont care. But I talked to him, he let me and a buddy get one every time, but he still would get the rest. He also said that he went around to 6 different stores around the Charlotte area and bought them ALL, everytime they came out.
God I hate people like that. I hope Hell has a special place for him. Back then I don't know what the limit was but if they have it stated in the ad then they should follow it. I mean I saw a little kid with his dad and they couldn't get it because some jackwagon wanted to flip them on ebay.

God I hate people like that. I hope Hell has a special place for him. Back then I don't know what the limit was but if they have it stated in the ad then they should follow it. I mean I saw a little kid with his dad and they couldn't get it because some jackwagon wanted to flip them on ebay.
Yeah, my thinking as well. We asked the manager but he never did anything. And we didn't wanna be a dick to the dude cause he always beat us there and we wanted to get one lol. I dont know how they could enforce anything for titles like Thor, but with those pre-order cases, it should have been pretty easy to make it where you had to pay full price up front and come back for the released title, or something. But I mean that dude would just double grab all of them and they wouldn't say anything to him.

Do you guys really think stores may get more this week? I figured this would be it.
I dont know, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I remember for Resident Evil they said they would get more...and I think they actually did get a small restock for online orders. But my stores didn't get any extras after the first day.

Wow this was a hot seller today, eh? I remember last time I got a steelbook for The Dark Knight Rises they were still plentiful by afternoon.
I would've been there at 11AM to get it, but alas I ended up spending the whole afternoon with my gf for lunch, oh well.
I went to the Pasadena store and they said they sold out everywhere, including other local stores (Duarte, Montebello, West Covina). The guy I asked said they might get another shipment by Friday night and should hopefully have it out again by Saturday.
im not surprised its an hot item as its a disney movie and as we all know that adds extra value to it. these will be limited print unlike the batman steelbooks (which are 10$ at bestbuy still as we speak)

So the two copies I got in the mail came in excellent condition. That means I have two copies available that I totally hoarded.

Anyone still after one? Keep in mind even at cost plus shipping it'll be around $30. And no, I'm not going to give you a discount equivalent to the My Best Buy points I gained. :mad:

Wow. Didn't expect this release to be so hard to get. I got pretty lucky and managed to get one for me and a friend of mine. I planned on going to the store when it opened so I set my alarm but fell back asleep and didn't wake up again until 10:30 -_- lol. I immediately checked to see if the in store pick up option was finally working and it was so I placed my order, got my "order is ready for pick up" email about 15 minutes later, and decided to head out to pick it up. Right after I started heading to Best Buy though, I get a call from them saying that it's actually NOT available at that store anymore and they changed the in store pick up location to another local Best Buy for me.

I'm really curious why they sent me the email that it was ready to be picked up if they no longer had anymore. I'm guessing some associate grabbed the regular release or something instead of the steelbook and someone else noticed the mistake and changed it. I would've been pissed if I got there and they didn't have any more steelbooks. 

So the two copies I got in the mail came in excellent condition. That means I have two copies available that I totally hoarded.

Anyone still after one? Keep in mind even at cost plus shipping it'll be around $30. And no, I'm not going to give you a discount equivalent to the My Best Buy points I gained. >:(
lol... Did somebody ask for a discount based on that? hahahahah Thanks for the laugh tlp!

Well I had one good ending to this sour Thor day...

Stopped at my Target after a LONG night of driving and was able to pick up the last Loki slipcover edition at Target.

just finished watching the one shot ”hail to the king” and it was fantastic ! based off of this pattern that ive noticed with the marvel one shots it seems to me that with the eventual release of the captain america the winter soldier blu ray we will finally be able to connect the dots as to what happened with that unexpected but exciting ending to thor the dark world. cant wait !!!

Guess I'm just going to wait till the movie is $10-$15 or if upgrade and save ever returns. Probably just gonna stream All Hail The King or something.

My Best Buy was wiped clean like I thought. Thankfully, I stalked the online listing like a hawk and got my pick up order in for one.

Damn, I'm glad my ship-to-home order came in perfect condition with no damage. There would have been no returning it to the store to get a copy in better condition.

Grah. Isn't available to lookup in-store even... :/ no Best Buy in town, likely going to one today but wanted to know if I should have my hopes up or not. Should've grabbed the Loki cover at Target and called it a day.

Good to know. I'm definitely picking up Frozen as soon as it hits.

Unfortunately no US steel for this one...
Is that confirmed? I thought there was a Best Buy mystery sku still floating around out there?

Also, I have had a hell of the time trying to get my digital copy of those as my DMR account keeps getting rejected. Am I missing something? If I try to just create a new one it says the email is already being used.

lol... Did somebody ask for a discount based on that? hahahahah Thanks for the laugh tlp!
It happened before, so I figured better to just mention it up front. Granted last time it was requested that I ship the item free in exchange for my keeping the points.

Edit: I have several PMs about the steelbooks. I'll be picking them up after work and then looking through my shipping supplies. At that point I'll respond in the order received.

I got a voicemail from my Best Buy store today asking me if I still wanted my in-store pick-up order, the girl even said she could cancel the order for me if I wanted since I didn't pick it up last night.

Never had that before.  Aren't we given at leat 7 days to pick up our online in-store order? 

I got the voicemail in the morning. When I call the store, no one picks up because the store doesn't even open for another 15 mins.  They better not have canceled my order.

I got a voicemail from my Best Buy store today asking me if I still wanted my in-store pick-up order, the girl even said she could cancel the order for me if I wanted since I didn't pick it up last night.

Never had that before. Aren't we given at leat 7 days to pick up our online in-store order?

I got the voicemail in the morning. When I call the store, no one picks up because the store doesn't even open for another 15 mins. They better not have canceled my order.
You do have 7 days from the date of the in-store pickup order being picked and fulfilled to pick it up. She can't cancel it out from under you unless you give her permission to do so.

Regardless, I'm thinking that your store received too many in-store pickup orders and they're trying to fulfill them as best as they can. Since you didn't get yours yet, they're trying to see if they can screw you over versus some other customer.

When you go to pick it up, I'd talk with store manager and bring that up with them. It's against policy to try and cancel an order out early when you haven't picked it up and are still within the 7 day window.

You do have 7 days from the date of the in-store pickup order being picked and fulfilled to pick it up. She can't cancel it out from under you unless you give her permission to do so.

Regardless, I'm thinking that your store received too many in-store pickup orders and they're trying to fulfill them as best as they can. Since you didn't get yours yet, they're trying to see if they can screw you over versus some other customer.

When you go to pick it up, I'd talk with store manager and bring that up with them. It's against policy to try and cancel an order out early when you haven't picked it up and are still within the 7 day window.
Yeah I thought so. Thanks.

I'll be giving them a call when they open and likely pick up my order after work later today.

I just picked up a copy from Target with the Loki slipcase. Cant wait to watch this tonight
if you havent watched the movie yet you will love it ! there is a cut scene during the credits and one afterward in case you didnt know and the one shot ”hail to the king” has some surprises and will make you think differently about iron man 3 ;)

I don't understand why this is so popular! The movie is average, with critics generally rating it lower than the original, which was hardly a masterpiece, it did good but not spectacular business at the box office, and the 3-D has been described as average at best, yet every single 3-D copy, steelbook or otherwise, is gone, as it is at nearly every other store (even B and N, where it's more expensive). Non-3D editions are common as dirt. Why? What is it about this movie I'm missing?

I don't understand why this is so popular! The movie is average, with critics generally rating it lower than the original, which was hardly a masterpiece, it did good but not spectacular business at the box office, and the 3-D has been described as average at best, yet every single 3-D copy, steelbook or otherwise, is gone, as it is at nearly every other store (even B and N, where it's more expensive). Non-3D editions are common as dirt. Why? What is it about this movie I'm missing?
Not sure. In my opinion, it's not as good as the first. And it's not a particularly great movie at all. It's not bad. But not better than good lol. I had high hopes and was really excited, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Are the Target "Loki variations" also sold out?
I can't say for certain, but more than likely they are. Unless you get lucky. Have you been to any of your local Targets?

I'm not familiar with Thor's stories, but I thoroughly enjoyed The Dark World.   I thought it was on par with the first and the rest of the current Marvel/Disney movies.

bread's done
Back