SOTTomy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']
Do you burn paper in old drums?[/QUOTE]

rock_band-drums1.jpg

Fell asleep last night with my headphones on and woke up to Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun just starting up. Good way to start the day. :eek:)[quote name='munch']I still want to rock a moustache. The trade off is my wife thinks it's disgusting and refuses to have relations.

Weigh this one in your philosophy discussion: What is more important to living the good life? A kick ass moustache, or relations with your wife? Moustache? Relations?[/quote]Your wife is gonna knock boots with you either way. Its called ''love'', man! :whistle2:|

Go into the restroom, shave some lightning bolts into the side of your head and grow the sickest moustache you've ever seen. The pink box is always open for love. :eek:)

[quote name='manthing']wat...

Does your family use space heaters?

Do you burn paper in old drums?[/quote]

Well, in the living room and my parents bed room we have some gas heaters. But they take forever to heat up the rooms and practically burn money, and in the bathrooms we have those little electric space heaters. The rest of the house has absolutely nothing.

Plus our house has like no insulation so it gets cold really easily and will actually stay longer then the outside.

[quote name='darthbudge']Well, in the living room and my parents bed room we have some gas heaters. But they take forever to heat up the rooms and practically burn money and in the bathrooms we have those little electric space heaters. The rest of the house has absolutely nothing.

Plus our house has like no insulation so it gets cold really easily and will actually stay longer then the outside.[/quote]

Is this like your internet, where you're too far from civilization to get it?

;)

[quote name='tiredfornow']Fell asleep last night with my headphones on and woke up to Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun just starting up. [/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='manthing']Is this like your internet, where you're too far from civilization to get it?

;)[/quote]

:lol:, no it is cause my parents had no money and this house was cheap. But it was built around the turn of the century. Heck, electricity wasn't added to the house until the late 70's.

I like it cool inside during the winter, but I don't want to freeze my ass off.

I thought it was hot in Texas?

I'm going to crash so fucking hard tonight. :whee:

3 hours of sleep yesterday, and a similar amount today, not to mention I'm going to be out and about from 11 am-10 pm today. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Woke up late and decided not to go to class. I love being lazy.

We'll just call it a personal day, because I had the craziest dream. I got bit by a copperhead and no one wanted to take me to the hospital. Talk about trust issues...

Oh yeah, guys listen to how sad this is.

As most of you know I coach a middle school soccer team. At yesterdays game there was a heated agrument from members of parents in the stands.

Apparently one of our teams best players father is in a local gang and was fighting with the parent of the opposing teams best player who is in a rival gang. We were losing so they started talking trash to each other.

Seriously, how bad is it that you cant even have a middle school soccer game without dumbass parents wanting to fight.

[quote name='lordwow']God, people (slidecage) are idiots. CDs aren't variable rate, this has no effect on CDs.[/quote]

Plus arent they and $50 savings bonds, what grandparents buy for their grandchildren? Yet he claims to have a broker that takes care of his finances.

Also, he misspelled fuck

[quote name='tiredfornow']Afternoon? Its 9:09AM. :lol:[/quote]

Well its 10 here which isnt much better......but hey its a reward for all my hard early morning work.

:cool:

CDs can be part of a portfolio. It'd be a place to keep semi-liquid cash you might need short term but not at the drop of a hat. Cash you might need for an emergency would be in a MMA.

For example if you are going to need 20K in a year as part of a down payment on a house you wouldn't want that in stocks but could potentially get a better return in a 1 year CD vs. a MMA.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Apparently one of our teams best players father is in a local gang and was fighting with the parent of the opposing teams best player who is in a rival gang. We were losing so they started talking trash to each other.
[/QUOTE]

:shock:

[quote name='Maklershed']Plus arent they and $50 savings bonds, what grandparents buy for their grandchildren. Yet he claims to have a broker that takes care of his finances.[/QUOTE]

I mean, I've used a few CDs, like in college I put most of my savings in a CD each year, since it was money for car/house/post-grad stuff. They're no-risk and better than bank interest, in fact I was going to throw most of my money into a 12-month CD, but I now may need that money free, so I had to leave it my ING. 3% vs. 4.25% isn't that big a difference, especially if you may need the money back.

Those savings bonds are the truth man. They saved me and my girls asses when we moved down here to NC early this year.

Hated getting them growing up because they didnt do anything but they netted us like 1500 bucks when we cashed them in to pay for first month last month rent thing.

[quote name='Maklershed']All I know about finances is that the sandwich heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor.[/QUOTE]

I short sell any new release game #83 buys. I'm upgrading to an 80 foot yacht next month. :cool:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'][/QUOTE]

Ah that's what I get for hotlinking their image :lol:

it was a picture of RB1 drums

I find it hilarious that people will dub a game "worst game ever" or "this sucks ass compared to last year" the very first day it comes out.

Especially since by their own words claimed that last years game was also the worst game ever and not better than the year before that one.

As much as I like being a gamer.........gamers are just plain fucking stupid most of the time. Different = Sucks.

[quote name='lordwow']:rofl::rofl::rofl:

slidecage's CDs are 1 month, and he's complaining about the interest rate dropping. God... people...[/quote]

Isnt sidecage the CC deal guy that everyone went crazy over? Doesnt he find deals for us or something?

That happened right before I joined so I never got into it.

[quote name='wubb']I short sell any new release game #83 buys. I'm upgrading to an 80 foot yacht next month. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I guess that one went over your head.

I got it Mak. ;)

[quote name='Maklershed']I wonder who decided the best way to spell yacht is with a 'ch' instead of a 'u'.[/QUOTE]

Probably elitists who like bitter lettuces. I hate them.

slidecage is the guy that can't buy or rent anything without having something go wrong, which causes him to make threads each time to bitch about his terrible luck. He needs to start a blog and help make our forums a little cleaner. That and he has amazingly horrible grammar and spelling.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']slidecage is the guy that can't buy or rent anything without having something go wrong, which causes him to make threads each time to bitch about his terrible luck. He needs to start a blog and help make our forums a little cleaner. That and he has amazingly horrible grammar and spelling.[/quote]

Ahhh.

The whole point of a CD is to lock your money away in exchange for locking in at a higher return (interest) rate.

Putting your money into a 1 month CD, means there is literally no risk, so no reward, I mean we're talking about getting an interest rate of 2.5% in your savings and maybe 2.75% on a 1 month. If you're putting in $1k, that's like $.10 difference.

The best rates are generally 12-month (my bank (ING) gives 4.25 for 12 months as opposed to what was 3% in my savings until this morning).

There are two competing risks for the investor:
1) Interest rates go up (and you're locked in), which is unlikely in the next 12 months.
2) You need the money, and you lose 3 (or more) months interest if you yank the money.

If I had the money to do it, I'd shift most of my savings into a 12-month this morning. The rates will drop probably this afternoon to reflect the interest rate cut.

slidecage is whining that the interest rate dropped, but he didn't risk anything that it might, so he's not rewarded for locking away his investment. It's as simple as that.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'm going to crash so fucking hard tonight. :whee:

3 hours of sleep yesterday, and a similar amount today, not to mention I'm going to be out and about from 11 am-10 pm today. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.[/QUOTE]

Reported for circumscribing the filters.

I really need to start investing and such. I grew up extremely poor so I didnt have the time or money to any look at anything like that.

Now that I am older and have made it I really want to start getting into it......but being a member of a extremely poor household and going to a crap ass school I look at that shit and go cross eyed.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I really need to start investing and such. I grew up extremely poor so I didnt have the time or money to any look at anything like that.

Now that I am older and have made it I really want to start getting into it......but being a member of a extremely poor household and going to a crap ass school I look at that shit and go cross eyed.[/QUOTE]

You need to quit spending all of your money on weed, jerk chicken, and steel drums you crazy Jamaican.

[quote name='munch']You need to quit spending all of your money on weed, jerk chicken, and steel drums you crazy Jamaican.[/quote]

You forgot red/yellow/green dread caps, mon...

[quote name='munch']You need to quit spending all of your money on weed, jerk chicken, and steel drums you crazy Jamaican.[/quote]

Its din ma budget ja mado fucka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back