Stand by for Titanfall!

I like the chainsaw duel style idea. I was always good at those. Otherwise, I definitely have reservations about the ability to jack Titans.

[quote name="ORGAN1ZAT10N_13" post="11903686" timestamp="1404839128"]Frontier's Edge expansion announced!

attachicon.gif
TFDLC2-Titled-Hero-Art-1920x1080_size.jpg

I'm not excited at all for the ability to start hijacking titans. It seemed like a very smart choice on Respawn's part to not have included that in the beginning because you would have those people who master it and dominate by having a titan for 95% of the game. Hopefully this doesn't spill over into the main game and stays limited to the FE dlc. Or at least make it balanced enough where it doesn't just take jumping on a titan to hijack it. Maybe something similar to the chainsaw duels in Gears of War - fighting to open/keep closed the hatch into the cockpit of the titan

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-frontiers-edge?sf28266710=1[/quote]
Looks like a mistype? The post no longer mentions hijacking titans.

I'll probably come back for a bit when the new maps come out and then leave again. Honesty I'm not sure what it is about the game but it didn't and doesn't hold my attention nearly as long as games like Call of Duty, and Battlefield do.

[quote name="ORGAN1ZAT10N_13" post="11906178" timestamp="1404893627"]Maybe they were getting alot of flak about the idea or something and backpedaled away from the notion of possibly breaking the balance[/quote]
Not sure. Before launch Respawn went out of their way to emphasize that the titan is yours and nobody can't take it. Don't know why they would change that.

Just bought the Xbox One digital version. I get and endless screen of connecting..... I'm able to play other online games without a problem. I did the check multiplayer in the network settings and it said all is good. Any work around? Any idea of the issue? Thanks.

Edit.... A hard reboot fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother lives on the other side of the state and texted me telling me he found the Titanfall CE statue, atr book, and poster(tucked inside the art book for).... drum roll please.... $19. Go Salvation Army!

Does anyone know how  campaign works now? I thought I read it was random outside of the DLC map play listings, but me and my friend played a good 20+ matches last night and didn't see any campaign missions.

I'm on the dreaded last two regens. Look Out Below challenge... 50 kills dropping a titan... ugh.

[quote name="David Hibiki" post="11976989" timestamp="1406998279"]Does anyone know how campaign works now? I thought I read it was random outside of the DLC map play listings, but me and my friend played a good 20+ matches last night and didn't see any campaign missions.

I'm on the dreaded last two regens. Look Out Below challenge... 50 kills dropping a titan... ugh.[/quote]
I just got done playing and I didn't even notice campaign is gone. It also seems tough to get a full game of Hardpoint. Attrition had no problems.

Does anyone know how campaign works now?
there's a campaign playlist now.

"It'll also move Campaign Multiplayer in amongst the other multiplayer modes, where it will rotate continually through the maps - this should make it a bit easier for newbies to complete the story and unlock extra Titan classes."

Just played hardpoint/attrition for a few hours...man there's a ton of Gen1's playing.

[quote name="Renegade Moose" post="11977410" timestamp="1407012143"]I just got done playing and I didn't even notice campaign is gone. It also seems tough to get a full game of Hardpoint. Attrition had no problems.[/quote]

Not surprising They kept tinkering with hardpoint for months. At which point it became nothing more than a glorified attrition mode. I know I stopped playing it when I realized very few people were going for the objectives.

I'm really early on (level 10) although I did play the 360 version. Anyone here wanna play with me? Some of you are already on my friend list.

Thanks. I'll do that once I sign on in a little while. I should probably also mention that I am generally available to play most days after 3 P.M. Pacific/6 P.M. Eastern, and I do not have any of the DLC yet. I think my gamertag is in my sig and beneath my avatar, but I forgot that stuff doesn't show up in CAG mobile so I should post my tag: The Matt Young

I didn't pay close enough attention when I played on Saturday, but there is a lot of confusion over the campaign being added to the multiplayer menu. That would suck for those trying to play through the campaign properly.

I love the game, but sometimes doesn't it feel like the game is one giant continuing test bed for expirimentation and research for the sequel? Kinda makes me feel like Microsoft is being trolled big time if they've paid loads of cash for the exclusivity.

This seems similar to how it was on 360 (just got the One in mid-June) before they updated the first tim to make "Play Campaign" a separate playlist. I was able to go through all levels as the Militia in one sitting. Now I want to go back and win on the one map I haven't... but I can't.

They say the campaign maps cycle on an endless loop, but it's now completely random which side you're on and which map. The story doesn't go in order. This displeases me. I still love the game overall.

This seems similar to how it was on 360 (just got the One in mid-June) before they updated the first tim to make "Play Campaign" a separate playlist. I was able to go through all levels as the Militia in one sitting. Now I want to go back and win on the one map I haven't... but I can't.

They say the campaign maps cycle on an endless loop, but it's now completely random which side you're on and which map. The story doesn't go in order. This displeases me. I still love the game overall.
I haven't played campaign in a while. I don't know why they did that. Sounds dumb. Makes the campaign even less relevant than it already was. Lol. I guess if you're trying to gen up, hopefully that random map you want may eventually appear while you're completing your challenges.

[quote name="CaseX" post="11981583" timestamp="1407176603"]I haven't played campaign in a while. I don't know why they did that. Sounds dumb. Makes the campaign even less relevant than it already was. Lol. I guess if you're trying to gen up, hopefully that random map you want may eventually appear while you're completing your challenges.[/quote]
I'm guessing more than likely it wasn't just to irritate players. PC users had CTF removed because there weren't players in the playlist. This led to very long matchmaking times. My guess is after people played through the campaign they moved on to other playlists and never went back. Which would lead to the long matchmaking for campaign. This way if they throw it into the other playlists you are able to pull from a larger pool of players so people can still experience it. Yeah, it isn't a great way to go through it and really sucks if you're working on the achievements, but I can see why they did it. At least you can try for the achievement still. If it couldn't find players for that map you wouldn't have ANY chance of playing it.

I've been stuck at 50 on Gen 8 for awhile now. I just got back into it and none of my friends play anymore. I'm only halfway for the 100 win requirement. If any cags are still active on Titanfall hit me up. Gamer tag is Jetsetpoker. It sucks playing with randoms.

there's a 100 win requirement? oh man.. they really amp it up the last few go rounds. I'm almost at 8 but have yet to start the Charge Rifle Titan challenge still have 7 left on the first gun

[quote name="ORGAN1ZAT10N_13" post="12010876" timestamp="1408090159"]Why are they even announcing the 3rd DLC when the 2nd one hasn't even hit all the platforms yet?[/quote]
They didn't really announce it. The second one wasn't even out when they sent a tweet that the third would be about two months after that. Plus Respawn is only working on Xbox One and PC. Their version is out so why wouldn't they want to keep their fans excited?

However the developer really needs to start living up to their patches.  They said that SLI / Crossfire support was added in the 1.5.x release but guess what?  that 2nd card is still idle.  nope, a lie.  for a source engine game, this is kind of unacceptable.

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18697

the only way to get SLI is a custom profile download via GFE.  Or use some of the download links in the forum.  

Bump this old thread. Curious to see if anybody's gone back to playing recently? I started the game up again now that they've introduced a pilot only mode. I'm not sure if it's the latest patch or what but the game seems incredibly choppy to me. Going through menu's or loading matches gives me incredibly slow and choppy looking menu's.

Pilots-Only mode is pretty fun and I actually like it better than with titans and bots especially since you get a larger play list.

Despite that much to what I'm sure would be EA's disappointment I can't help but think the game without bots and titans is basically a stripped down less fun Call of Duty. I think the reason I enjoy the game without those elements now is because it feels a lot like COD except "fresher" with the jet-pack and parkour, but I imagine when the new COD comes along it'll basically do both of those elements better.

[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="12066776" timestamp="1409891357"]Bump this old thread. Curious to see if anybody's gone back to playing recently? I started the game up again now that they've introduced a pilot only mode. I'm not sure if it's the latest patch or what but the game seems incredibly choppy to me. Going through menu's or loading matches gives me incredibly slow and choppy looking menu's.

Pilots-Only mode is pretty fun and I actually like it better than with titans and bots especially since you get a larger play list.
Despite that much to what I'm sure would be EA's disappointment I can't help but think the game without bots and titans is basically a stripped down less fun Call of Duty. I think the reason I enjoy the game without those elements now is because it feels a lot like COD except "fresher" with the jet-pack and parkour, but I imagine when the new COD comes along it'll basically do both of those elements better.[/quote]

The 8v8 pilot only mode was part of the most recent update. IMO the game loses something without Titans but then again it's not as though many people like to pilot their Titans. I hope in TF2 they make Titans more compelling/fun to play with.

I'm interested to see how the new COD plays. I thought the one area that Titanfall never got enough credit for was the levels design (flow). Almost every structure is placed on the map with a thought towards accommodating parkour. If the new COD nails this aspect of level design they'll have a huge hit on their hands.

People don't like piloting their titans? I do.
I do too but lately I've been coming across lots of auto-titans. At first I thought it was a shift in strategy but now I am not so sure. Either way I don't mind auto-titans per se as they are easier to kil.

[quote name="Matt Young" post="12067662" timestamp="1409931083"]People don't like piloting their titans? I do.[/quote]
I do as well. I have many a game where I have gone on a nice long kill streak in my titan. I think the problem is people still try to play the titan the same way as a Pilot and that is going to get your titan destroyed pretty quickly. I like that you need different strategies and have fun both on foot or in the cockpit.

I do too but lately I've been coming across lots of auto-titans. At first I thought it was a shift in strategy but now I am not so sure. Either way I don't mind auto-titans per se as they are easier to kil.
Auto titans + pilots running around = more fighters for your team on the field at any given time. That may be the idea behind letting them run auto. Still, I like piloting my Titan. It's one of the things that make this game unique and when a bunch from your team suit up, it still feels like a badass wrecking crew.

Auto titans + pilots running around = more fighters for your team on the field at any given time. That may be the idea behind letting them run auto. Still, I like piloting my Titan. It's one of the things that make this game unique and when a bunch from your team suit up, it still feels like a badass wrecking crew.
Auto Titans are pretty useless in my opinion. As soon as I see one, I'll stop what I'm doing to rodeo it and get an easy titan kill. They are usually too stupid to do anything about it.

Sooooooo I bought the Season Pass and the first two map packs I had no problem with.

Log on when I get home to download IMC Rising and where it should already say INSTALL it says BUY $9.99.

Something is obviously messed up. Any suggestions what I should do in this case?

New update for Titanfall to add horde mode, among other things.  Update hits tomorrow (Thursday, Oct 23).

Welcome to our biggest update ever!

Brand new cooperative game mode - Frontier Defense
Join forces with up to three other players in this cooperative game mode to defend a vital objective from increasingly intense waves of AI combatants.

- You and your team will face down familiar foes as well as the IMC's newest combat units: hordes of Grunts and Spectres, stealthy Sniper Spectres and Cloak Drones, explosive Suicide Spectres and Nuclear Titans, ranged Mortar Titans, and even melee-resistant Arc Titans!

- Supplement your firepower by earning and deploying stationary turrets around the battlefield.

- Leverage your full arsenal against the IMC without skipping a beat by using the new Loadout Crates near the objective to switch loadouts at will, while refilling ammo and ordnance.

- Pilots who fall in battle are flown back into the fray in a dropship that circles above the action before touchdown. Experienced Pilots always maximize their impact on the struggle below by firing from the side window of the dropship on approach.

- Seasoned players can challenge themselves to beat their best score. Try to earn 3 Map Stars on each map!

- Play in every corner of the Frontier, including the maps introduced in IMC Rising and every previous Titanfall expansion!

Ranked Play
Test yourself! Ranked play will enable you to work your way through an increasingly challenging set of Tiers by out-performing other Pilots in battle. This is not an exclusive mode or playlist and it works in all standard competitive matches.

In order to obtain the metrics we need to finalize the details, this feature will be launching in beta form.

The beta will last at least through October. After the beta, it will be open to all players level 32 or higher. A new season of Ranked Play will begin on the 1st of each month.

Looking for a beta invite? All Gen 10 players will receive beta access, in appreciation of their skill and determination. Gen 10 players may also invite other players to join in the fun. Gen 10 players are given 5 invites to Ranked Play, and 3 more invites per day. We may also expand beta access during this period.

Sudden Death in CTF
In Capture the Flag if the timer runs out and the scores are tied, the match will go into Sudden Death. Respawning is disabled, the first team to capture the enemy’s flag will win.

Map Stars
For an additional challenge while playing the game, we’ve added 3 stars to obtain in each primary game mode of each map. The stars you earn persist forever and you only have to earn each star once. To earn the star just play a match and reach the indicated score requirement. There are a potential of 504 stars to earn, and new Titan Insignias to unlock for earning a total of 30 stars combined for a game mode. You can view the progress of all Map Stars, and their requirements, in the “Levels” menu under “Personal Stats”.

Full Screen Minimap
To improve coordination among teammates, we’ve added the ability to bring up a full map by pressing Right D-Pad or “M” on the keyboard.

New Titan Insignias
7 new Titan Insignias have been added. 2 for Frontier Defense, 5 for Map Stars completion.

Private Match Burn Card Sets
Instead of using your regular Burn Cards in Private Match, you now specify a set of Burn Cards for the lobby. Each player has access to a copy of this set and may make whatever selections they see fit.
• Fair and Balanced—Set designed for competitive play.
• All Cards—One of every Burn Card.
• No Rares—Every Burn Card, excluding rare cards.
• Ghost Match—Collection of cloak-related cards.
• High Velocity—Collection of stim-related cards.
• Machine War—Spectres…fighting Spectres…with armies of Spectres.
• Fightin’ Titans—Collection of amped Titan weapons, anti-Titan weapons, etc.
• Amped Up—All amped weapons, all the time.
• CTF Competitive—Set designed for competitive Capture the Flag.
• LTS Competitive—Set designed for competitive Last Titan Standing.
• None—No Burn Cards.

Black Market Additions

New Titan OS Voices
This update introduces new Titan OS Voices to buy in the Black Market. Sid is aggressive and dominating, while Vanessa is warm and inviting. In addition, you can purchase Black Market versions of the Betty Titan OS in multiple languages.

Black Market—Forged Certifications
Completing challenges can be hard, but on the Black Market, cheaters always win. This update lets you buy “Forged Certifications” which allow you to skip all five tiers of a challenge. You won’t receive any of the rewards for those challenges. Be careful, though—there is a new Xbox Live Achievement, “Too Legit To Quit” (0 points), to reach Gen 10 the old fashioned way—without skipping any regen challenges! Players who are already Gen 10 will also receive the challenge retroactively. Skipping a challenge that is not a regen requirement will not affect the achievement.

More Featured Game Modes coming!

Deadly Ground
The floor is covered in deadly electrified fog! Play a variety of maps in Hardpoint, Capture the Flag and Marked For Death while staying off the ground. Deadly Ground is scheduled to launch as the new featured game mode on November 5th.

Marked for Death Pro
Do you like Marked for Death but pine for classic round-based intensity? Look no further than Marked for Death Pro, poised to launch on November 26th.

New Features (X1)
17 new Achievements
Gotta pop ’em all! Are you a bad enough dude or dudette to get all 2000 cheevo points?

Source

I've been done with this game for a while and now that I'm in a land of crap internet, upstate NY, yeah I actually am itching to try out that horde mode.  :cry:

bread's done
Back