Stand by for Titanfall!

Oh right. Average PC can't handle it so the better alternative is to pay $500 to get a system that can instead of spend significantly less to upgrade your PC.

PC gamers will play this on their PC. They aren't buying a console to play it.

Good thing for Xbox is, that if they do strike gold, they certainly have enough consoles laying around on store shelves they'll have no problem meeting that demand.
i would like to see you upgrade a desktop to have this game play at 60 fps and 720 p upgraded to 1080 p. significartly lower then 500.

plus i was never talking about legit pc gamers lol you do everything you can to destroy our joy for this game.

my gaming pc last year cost me almost 800 bucks to get it to point i can run every game at ultra which will only last possible one more year.

pc gaming can be expensive to keep up with times but you can pay 400-500 dollers to have a system that will keep putting out amazing games for years with out upgrade needed which i why most people moved away from pc gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox and PC only guy.
So it's exclusive the the PC, 360 and Xbox One.

i would like to see you upgrade a desktop to have this game play at 60 fps and 720 p upgraded to 1080 p. significartly lower then 500.

plus i was never talking about legit pc gamers lol you do everything you can to destroy our joy for this game.
Game is going to be good. Sales are going to be good. Long term sustainability of an online only game has yet to be proven----in a console market.

What happens if God forbid the community dries up in three months? Six months? 1 year?

Have they announced the price structure for maps and add-ons?

my gaming pc last year cost me almost 800 bucks to get it to point i can run every game at ultra which will only last possible one more year.

pc gaming can be expensive to keep up with times but you can pay 400-500 dollers to have a system that will keep putting out amazing games for years with out upgrade needed which i why most people moved away from pc gaming.
You were a pretty big advocate for PC gaming before, what happened?

So it's exclusive the the PC, 360 and Xbox One.

Game is going to be good. Sales are going to be good. Long term sustainability of an online only game has yet to be proven----in a console market.

What happens if God forbid the community dries up in three months? Six months? 1 year?

Have they announced the price structure for maps and add-ons?
why does it matter if it's online only? fps single player is what 4 hours long 99 percent of gaming you get on fps games is online play so what does that change here? time will tell how well this game does down the road but look at sale numbers of cod ghost this year shows people are ready for a new and fresh fps game.

you are now just picking at straws

why does it matter if it's online only? fps single player is what 4 hours long 99 percent of gaming you get on fps games is online play so what does that change here? time will tell how well this game does down the road but look at sale numbers of cod ghost this year shows people are ready for a new and fresh fps game.

you are now just picking at straws

You know you're just making those numbers up right?

Plenty of people bought World at War for the co-op and zombies. Same goes for other installments. You can put down Ghosts sales, and yes they have been disappointing I'm sure (not a fan of the game) but it is still a weekly top 10 and I expect it to remain as such for several more weeks.

I'm just very interested to see how well a game like TitanFall does in regards to console sales (game units being sold for consoles) outside the U.S.

what number did i make up? zombies is co op online and i play ghost at times and on 360 i see on avg 150 k people playing. Black ops 2 avg around 250 k last year. i remember when mw2 was out it wsa avg close to million people on at any given time. Call of duty is dieing a slow death and titanfall and destiny might be the cod killers we have been talking about for years now.

what number did i make up? zombies is co op online and i play ghost at times and on 360 i see on avg 150 k people playing. Black ops 2 avg around 250 k last year. i remember when mw2 was out it wsa avg close to million people on at any given time. Call of duty is dieing a slow death and titanfall and destiny might be the cod killers we have been talking about for years now.
Could also mean in general though that online FPS are starting to die out in popularity.

The number about 99% of people only buying FPS for the online gameplay.

I can guarantee you that for an online only game that 100% of purchases are for the online gameplay. It does at least have that going for it.

Could also mean in general though that online FPS are starting to die out in popularity.
For Call of Duty anyway. It is the same rehased garbage every year. Halo is e ven starting to die a slow death.

Beating a dead horse can't happen forever. The horse decays after awhile.

GBA man.. Why you gotta hate? Xbox1 and Ps4 are nearly equal. But Xbox Live and psn is not even close for multiplayer. I like both. Soon I will have a ps4 and a vita. Come on tax refund!

The number about 99% of people only buying FPS for the online gameplay.

I can guarantee you that for an online only game that 100% of purchases are for the online gameplay. It does at least have that going for it.
i said 99 percent of the time is used on some form of mp on fps games never said 99 people. after you beat a 5 hour single player everything else in game is some form of co op unless you like to play tings like zombies alone.

So is anybody buying the collectors edition? Its a lot of money but I really want that statue. I'm not sure what to do.

GBA man.. Why you gotta hate? Xbox1 and Ps4 are nearly equal. But Xbox Live and psn is not even close for multiplayer. I like both. Soon I will have a ps4 and a vita. Come on tax refund!
I don't think that's the case anymore.

I'd love to have a place to display that statue, but haven't had that kind of shelf real estate since G1 Transformers in the '80s.

Going back to the upgrading PC deal.  I think that most of the people getting this on PC have something that can run it at max settings or will not long after the game comes out.  With my 5750 I will be lucky to run it much at all however everything else is some what new and meets all the posted recommendations.  I have just been holding out on upgrading the graphics card because every time I decide to buy one I hear new ones will be out in a month or 2.  That's the issue now with the next line of nVidias.  For me I would rather spend twice the amount on a top of the line card than buy an xbox one at this point.  I'm sure most buying this for the PC are the same way.  Hell they may even have an xbox one, but prefer games like this on the PC.  

Nothing against the Xbox One, hell I plan on getting one at some point along with a PS4.  Now the ones that wont be getting this for the PC are the ones that have systems that are 3 or 4 years old and they just use for older games.  Hell maybe they have a new system, but they didn't build it and all they do is play games for the PC only.  

Point is if someone built a PC in the past few years, is planning to build one soon or has maybe one or 2 things they plan to upgrade and soon then chances are they will get this on the PC.  If they don't fit into one of them 3 I see them getting this on the Xbox One.  

Good thing is no matter how you look at it this game is looking like it will be a great game as long as EA doesn't do what EA tends to do with games.  Outside of EA the only questionable thing is the port to the 360.  I wouldn't be surprised to see sales of the Xbox One and graphics cards go up when this game comes out.  As for the sales on the 360, I see it doing well on it unless word gets out that it's a bad port.  I don't see it selling more systems for the 360, but I do see the sales of the game being high because they would be the market that doesn't want to move to the Xbox One yet, have a PC that can run the game or want to spend the money to upgrade or build a PC that can.

Did I miss any information on the Beta sign up? I thought someone had stated it would be today but I haven't seen anything yet.

We should do a pool on guessing how long it is before they change their minds and sell Burn Card packs. Best value: $100 Mega Burn Card Pack.

The burn cards are strange. I guess the question is will they only be something you earn in the game or will there be codes that are sold that provide the same boosts? If they sell these codes the game is doomed.

Thanks for the beta link. Now I wonder how many users will get to test the game.

The collectors edition is something that can me hit and miss. Some sellout and increase in value others drop in price and don't sell that well at all. Even with limited numbers they are hit and miss on selling out or increasing in value. As far as I know this is limited however so have others and now you can get them cheaper than what it cost to make.

Sadly its a gamble to some extent. Most the time you win if you hold off. Seeing how this isn't sold out yet I would maybe pre order and see how they sell after the beta. If they don't sellout then cancel if you're willing to hold off to get it cheaper. If it sells out keep an eye out and see if places get a restock. If they do then cancel and if they don't it might be worth getting. It may also depend on the system. I have seen the skyrim collectors edition for for a lot for I think the PC, little less for the 360 and less than 100 bucks on the ps3.

Been watching guys playing this on twitch since I got off work.
they have to be EA people beta is not even live yet or i would guess the youtube people they invited out to l.a got put into beta early

The AI in the ign videos is worrisome. It looks down right pointless
the ai works pretty well at least in alpha they did they make games go really fast when you are playing team death match.

Still watching it on Twitch. Definitely not EA people
Yeah, some people clearly have early access for whatever reason.

And damn, the game looks fun. Hope the 360 version isn't trash, cause I don't know that I can justify dropping 500 on an Xbone when I just got a PS4 a few weeks ago.

It's possible they'll still improve the AI but the AI acts as minions like in a DotA game - and in this case cause time to decrease before you can call in a Titan. It had one Call of Duty gamer, the guy that IGN showcased, thinking he was "Dominating" hahaha.

Are the Titanfall controllers out now? I just noticed that Gamestop and Bestbuy has them available Gamestop for shipping, and Bestbuy for in store pick up, so I'm wondering why my Gamestop hasn't told me to pick up my order on it.

Looks like BB is the only place that has the controllers in stock so far.  All of the stores around me have it in stock for pick up, but not for shipping.  This damn thing is still tempting me.  I'm trying to be responsible.....but....but....but....

BTW, here's a good unboxing vid:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFEHPhp_Ik

From what I have read some codes have been sent out early.  Some seem to think that everyone that gets in to the beta should have a code by the end of today.  

Can the controller be used with the PC?  I know it's wireless so I can't just plug it in, but does Microsoft make an adapter for the wireless Xbox One controllers to be used with the PC?

I know the 360 works on the PC. I was hoping an adapter was out the the x1 would work. I really want the titanfall controller.

I got a beta code yesterday from the manager of the Gamestop I frequent. He said they got codes early, but weren't supposed to give them out (employees only), but he didn't need it.

It's 5 gigs of fun.

Controls are straight up Call of Duty.
Wall run is simple and fairly intuitive.
Executing a pilot while in a Titan is awesome.
Rank up to unlock weapons, customizations and those burn cards.
The grunt (AI) units don't count for much towards your team score, but the help shave down the cooldown rate to get your Titan.
If you die after you earn your Titan, you can choose to spawn in it. Much faster than calling it down.

That's my quick bullet points from my play yesterday. I'm about to get some more game time in before everyone else gets their codes. Zampella said "tonight" on Twitter without giving a specific time. Good luck!

im exicted to play this beta seems like they added some cool things they did not have in alpha version. like the pop ups no longer take up full middle of screen god that was annoying glad they made that stuff smaller.

bread's done
Back