Stand by for Titanfall!

Yeah, I expected it to be revealed by now.  In general, it's surprising how low key the marketing for Titanfall has been, when you consider the potential impact and the consoles it will most likely single-handedly sell. 

Yeah, I expected it to be revealed by now. In general, it's surprising how low key the marketing for Titanfall has been, when you consider the potential impact and the consoles it will most likely single-handedly sell.
2 things, small studio, Respawn & new IP publisher will not go all in yet. However I agree, it is very surprising not to see a big marketing train for Titanfall, esp winning all the awards it did at E3.

I don't believe the 360 version needs any more time. This version is already done IMO.

Let's think about this for a second. Respawn has been developing this game for 5 years according to them. Xbox one dev kits have only been out for a year. I truly believe this game was designed and coded on 360 by Respawn.

Once Microsoft paid off EA to keep it exclusive I believe Respawn then realized they needed to shift all resources to the x1 version. That is when respawn hired Bluepoint and handed it over to them.

I can't wait to get this game on x1 but I believe the x1 will be kind of a ported up version. Not really in the sense of what we call a port but it was coded on 360/PC. They didn't have next gen dev kits 4+ years ago.
Respawn started pre-production on its then-untitled game back in 2011, originally for current generation consoles. As the team tried to pinpoint what their first project would be, they searched for a technological foundation to build on. They found it in an unlikely place: Valve’s Source engine. While few titles outside of Valve’s own games and independent mods have used Source this generation, a number of factors made it a good fit for Respawn.

"We were kind of interested in Source early on because it’s very familiar to our designers," said Richard Baker, a software engineer at Respawn who previously worked on Call of Duty 2, Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Source also suited Respawn’s desire to hit a constant 60 frames per second on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, where other third-party engines weren’t up to the task. "The ironic thing is that we wanted an engine that would work on PS3, because that’s the riskiest platform in current gen. When Portal 2 came out and it seemed to be a pretty decent PS3 game, that was the point when we decided to go with Source. And then we stopped supporting PS3."

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know how to get in? I've heard rumors about a closed beta that you can only access through pre-order from certain retailers.

Anybody know how to get in? I've heard rumors about a closed beta that you can only access through pre-order from certain retailers.
Nothing yet. They said you dont have to reserve it, but its a "limited open" beta.

I read their twitter and news will be dropping soon.

so you have a women that suckers you into this holiday and even worse it's on weekend. i guess i lucked out on my wife that she never really got into valentines day. i will be playing this and tlou dlc.
Still better do something for her. Even if its a candlelight dinner at your local McDonald's, haha.

so you have a women that suckers you into this holiday and even worse it's on weekend. i guess i lucked out on my wife that she never really got into valentines day. i will be playing this and tlou dlc.
Hah. A wildy-off assumption. She's got her kids this weekend, and I'll take spending time with them and her over any game. Titanfall will just have to wait until Sunday, if the beta-date rumors are true.

I don't believe the 360 version needs any more time. This version is already done IMO.

Let's think about this for a second. Respawn has been developing this game for 5 years according to them. Xbox one dev kits have only been out for a year. I truly believe this game was designed and coded on 360 by Respawn.

Once Microsoft paid off EA to keep it exclusive I believe Respawn then realized they needed to shift all resources to the x1 version. That is when respawn hired Bluepoint and handed it over to them.

I can't wait to get this game on x1 but I believe the x1 will be kind of a ported up version. Not really in the sense of what we call a port but it was coded on 360/PC. They didn't have next gen dev kits 4+ years ago.
Yeah, that observation makes the most sense to me. This wasn't developed for X1, specifically. The timing of the next gen release just seems like to me a marginal update like BF4 and Ghosts. The IP was never developed as a MS in house project. They were close to releasing this for Sony as well until MS ponied up the money to lock in an exclusive deal. A move that Sony may come to regret.

This is purely smart marketing by MS to drum up sales for the Xbone as this game will be a system seller. Give the gaming community two weeks to dive into the Xbone version thereby creating a buzz that the next gen version is the one everybody needs. Personally, I don't believe there will be that much of a difference and can hold out for my 360 preorder. This game is optimized for 6 v 6. This isn't like BF4 where you're being held back from 64 man servers. I applaud the shrewd business move by MS as I expect this will level the playing field finally but as a core gamer, I'm not a believer of the hype just yet and am more than content on playing my 360 version.

Their Community team makes a piss poor impression so far, it's very annoying how little they've talked about this Beta.

They didn't give a specific date when it would go live, or when details would come up they just said "Oh next week" and now supposedly sign up will start today but once again there's no details about it, not to mention I don't even know where to be checking between Twitter or their website.

I'll just leave this here:

Titanfall_zpsa4e07f87.png

Also, if I don't get one and you guys do thanks to me, HOOK ME UP! lol

imagining the Big Bang Theory episode where they're all trying to login to get Comic Con tickets. refresh refresh refresh refresh!

The alpha you couldn't play with friends/parties unless you ran into each other in matchmaking. Just letting you guys know in case beta is that way too.

I signed up for the PC.  I hope nVidia announces the next line of cards soon.  It's taking everything I have not to buy the evga kingpin right now.  I have heard titan 2, 790ti and some 800 series cards.  

just in that footage i can see major improvments in beta build compared to alpha version. seems like the giant text you seen when you killed someone is gone. i really think that alpha version was pretty old my guess would be around e3 time frame.

but... it's not exclusive... to any one system.

Right?
pc/x1 will be the best platform for this game. Who knows how well 360 version will play and if it does not get delayed longer. you know respawn will hype the game mostly by saying pc/xbox one. But let me guess destany wil be a ps4 seller right?

both xbox one/ps4 each has a system seller game coming out i march

issue is avg person pc can't handle this game so for most people it might make them make the jump into next gen.
Oh right. Average PC can't handle it so the better alternative is to pay $500 to get a system that can instead of spend significantly less to upgrade your PC.

PC gamers will play this on their PC. They aren't buying a console to play it.

Good thing for Xbox is, that if they do strike gold, they certainly have enough consoles laying around on store shelves they'll have no problem meeting that demand.

bread's done
Back