Stand by for Titanfall!

I doubt we'll see any Xbox One / Titanfall bundles for awhile, although I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some around the holidays if the game sells really well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a lot of fun with the alpha. I'm not supposed to talk about it but I will say that it was VERY impressive for an alpha version of a game.  I think I was finally sold when I ripped a guy out of his titan and threw him across the screen. 

You can talk about it. It's not some big secret at this point. NeoGAF has video footage, opinions, breakdowns of the alpha and respawn hasn't cared. So don't be scared to talk bout it. I've posted many impressions and never had any problems.

Im curious if anyone here got invited by ExpertZone to goto this Xbox VIP Meetup Event Invitation - Titanfal.

I just did and Im debating on going.

It would be nice if some testing came out for the PC as that is what I'm getting the game on.  I just put in a pre order on Amazon for the collectors edition.  Something about that statue I couldn't pass up.  My graphics card is rather outdated compared to the rest of my PC that was built maybe a year ago if that.  The card is an ati 5750 and I'm now looking at a nvidia card.  I was wanting to pick up the titan card however I'm not sure if I want to put a grand down on a card.  I have been looking at the 780ti cards now.  Need to get something for when this game comes out.  I'm glad the x1 players are posting videos however it's making me want the game even more.

Completely different? I'm not sure what COD you're playing but I've got Ghosts on x1 and 360 and they look pretty much the same. Sure the x1 looks a little bit nicer but no 75% difference.
Really? I have the game on both and I was shocked at how different the levels look. Seeing the difference made me realize how badly microsoft and sony needed to release new consoles.

Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure the general consensus was COD wasn't improved that much. For me NBA2k, AC4, and Battlefield all had big graphical improvements compared to their 360/ps3 counterparts and it really showed what the system was capable of.

only real diff i see in cod is lighting and maybe brighter color not that big dif. i will say that im kind of looking forward to this fall to see how well these every year games do seeing devs have a extra year with the new systems.

Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure the general consensus was COD wasn't improved that much. For me NBA2k, AC4, and Battlefield all had big graphical improvements compared to their 360/ps3 counterparts and it really showed what the system was capable of.
Yeah the biggest factor there is what game engine the developers were using. I know Battlefield 4 was built from the ground up with Frostbite 3.0. I'm guessing NBA2K also had a new engine or a highly tweaked next-gen one. I know ACIV's engine was from when Ubisoft made AC3 and most likely refined and iterated since then.

That's what makes Titanfall such a blip on the radar, that's tweaked Source engine there folks.

It has been reported that Titanfall will not have Split Screen Multiplayer. Was looking forward to this feature as there wasn't a single player campaign.

surprise surprise...

I'm going to wait for this game to hit $39.99; and I think it will hit it pretty quickly with no offline or split screen component.
? why would you say that is not cod mostly mp? the single player story is five hours long. reason why i don't like playing split screens on mp is because seems like either they run together so you kill one get killed by the other or they can view double what everyone else views and most time goes to location their partner was killed to get them.

? why would you say that is not cod mostly mp? the single player story is five hours long. reason why i don't like playing split screens on mp is because seems like either they run together so you kill one get killed by the other or they can view double what everyone else views and most time goes to location their partner was killed to get them.
Is Titanfall going to rely a lot of future map packs?

I have no doubt that the game will be fantastic and innovative on the online multiplayer only front but I just don't think there will be enough week 2-6 sales for it to hold $59.99 very long.

Guess we'll see.

I doudt it holds 60 like most games couple weeks after launch it will go on sale for like 50. Adding to no split screen point. The gaming with local friends is slowly dieing out and when it is co op in single player it's now mostly on line gaming unless it's a Nintendo system.

I too wish their was split screen MP.  I dont play it much in games but I really dont see why its difficult for developers to have that and online MP in the game.  

I too wish their was split screen MP. I dont play it much in games but I really dont see why its difficult for developers to have that and online MP in the game.
There is MP.

I don't see why people need to have split screen in games that are only multiplayer or just for the multiplayer. Like these games are graphically amazing and playing multiplayer split screen you couldn't get the whole experience. Especially with fps's.

There is MP.

I don't see why people need to have split screen in games that are only multiplayer or just for the multiplayer. Like these games are graphically amazing and playing multiplayer split screen you couldn't get the whole experience. Especially with fps's.
To play with your friends or family members that are actually there with you. I don't play split screen multiplayer 100% of the time so I am not worried about losing the whole graphical experience.

There is MP.

I'm aware there is MP in the game...

I dont see why developers exclude split screen MP though. Personal preferences aside, it helps bolster sales after release. If you play a game at your buddy's house that is fun and enjoyable, people are more likely to pick it up themselves to play at home too.

No split screen is a limitations thing. It word have to progressively downgrade the graphics to make do.

I'm like Jedi I haven't played split screen since goldeneye. Maybe TimeSplitters? If my friends wanna play they all bring their own boxes so we can all play. All my buddies hate split screen.

Maybe I'm wrong but this game will not have a quick price drop. This game is gonna be xbox 1s halo. This game alone will sell systems. I doubt they discount it for 2-3 months

I'm like Jedi I haven't played split screen since goldeneye. Maybe TimeSplitters? If my friends wanna play they all bring their own boxes so we can all play. All my buddies hate split screen.

Maybe I'm wrong but this game will not have a quick price drop. This game is gonna be xbox 1s halo. This game alone will sell systems. I doubt they discount it for 2-3 months
LOL. Nice. So they can bring their 17lb console, TV and copy of the game so that they don't feel excluded when they come by to hang out. Nice selling point.... "Hey want to play Co-Op at your buddies house....?" "Just spend $500 on another X1; $60 on a second copy of the game and hundreds on a second TV"

No split screen is a limitations thing. It word have to progressively downgrade the graphics to make do.
Actually I would say the CPU is a much bigger limitations thing then adding split screen

LOL. Nice. So they can bring their 17lb console, TV and copy of the game so that they don't feel excluded when they come by to hang out. Nice selling point.... "Hey want to play Co-Op at your buddies house....?" "Just spend $500 on another X1; $60 on a second copy of the game and hundreds on a second TV"
You know it is possible to own more than 1 TV right? Also if somebody owns a x1 they own a tv too. Maybe my friends are not poor? Second off nobody brings their x1s if we wanted to play like that we would just play online. I haven't done LAN party's since Socom but I'm prolly a bit older (maybe not?) so it's not a thing anymore for me. Even if it was the x1 doesn't have any games worthy of a "LAN" party. If we had the split screen option we would never use it. We would just take turns playing. Nobody I know likes playing on half the screen.

Actually I would say the CPU is a much bigger limitations thing then adding split screen
Did the ps4 thread close?

gbastar must not know how many games no longer have "couch" co-op any more. the playing with someone in same room on one system is slowly dieing. most of the bigger games that come out now have co op but it requires you each to have copy of a game. i don't see people crying that bf4 don't have local split screen online play. 

let's be honest with titanfall this game has hype because it's made by the people that made cod up until after mw2. most people consider cod 4 one of the if not best fps mp ever and what i have played of titan fall im not yet sad about it. i just lol when ps people say oh we don't care about titanfall then they turn around saying titanfall two (if it's made) will be on ps and they will wait. 

gbastar must not know how many games no longer have "couch" co-op any more. the playing with someone in same room on one system is slowly dieing. most of the bigger games that come out now have co op but it requires you each to have copy of a game. i don't see people crying that bf4 don't have local split screen online play.

let's be honest with titanfall this game has hype because it's made by the people that made cod up until after mw2. most people consider cod 4 one of the if not best fps mp ever and what i have played of titan fall im not yet sad about it. i just lol when ps people say oh we don't care about titanfall then they turn around saying titanfall two (if it's made) will be on ps and they will wait.
You're right. BF4 doesn't have a "couch co-op" and it is also one of the biggest disappointments of 2013.

If offline and split screen multiplayer is such a thing of the past why does EA keep it alive in its sports titles?

madden and fifa(my ea sports tiles) share the exact same space. Completely different than rendering one area of a densly populated next gent shooter with giant player controlled titans shooting up the joint AND then rendering the part of the map i'm playing. apples and oranges man. teeny oranges. no comparison

I have to admit even though a lot of Respawn's CoD pedigree shines through the gameplay, it just looks like amazing fun. Fun fact. Everytime I see the title TITANFALL pop up in headlines my mind immediately confuses it with Attack of the Titan and I'm like what the heck there is an AotT multiplayer game in development!? And I don't even glorify that anime like others do. :wall:

Good news for those looking for a beta. A France retailer leaked that a beta will start feb 14-19th. IGN has pictures of the promo materials. It's not confirmed but sounds like a beta will be happening.

Good news for those looking for a beta. A France retailer leaked that a beta will start feb 14-19th. IGN has pictures of the promo materials. It's not confirmed but sounds like a beta will be happening.
Yup. Hopefully I didn't shit my briges for nothing, lol.

It's official from Zampella himself.

Vince Zampella @VinceZampella

#supersecret announcement time. I'm sure no one has been able to guess from the leaks. PC and XboxOne Beta! Details in the coming days
If the leaks Zampella is referring to are correct, the beta will begin on February 14. No talk about the Xbox 360.

Hope the rumors about it being exclusive to GS preorders is false.  Or at the very least hope that those of us who joined in on the alpha get automatically invited to the beta.

But the beta is PC and Xbox One only isn't it?

Oh well. Either way. Order Titanfall on Gamestops website, get your code, cancel preorder, and say fuck gamestop.

bread's done
Back