Stand by for Titanfall!

Sounds like it's delivering on its promises. If it does, this is going to be a huge system seller for XB1 all year long.
Maybe, no doubt it'll sell a bunch of Xbox One consoles but since it's also coming out on PC and Xbox 360 I don't think it'll be such a massive push unless the "next-gen" version was super fluid and incredibly good looking.

Maybe, no doubt it'll sell a bunch of Xbox One consoles but since it's also coming out on PC and Xbox 360 I don't think it'll be such a massive push unless the "next-gen" version was super fluid and incredibly good looking.
I don't know. I would be incredibly worried somethings wrong since they haven't shown ANY footage of the Xbox 360 version, and they haven't announced any details about it.

I'm sure it's still coming out for it, but the fact they've kept silent on it is jarring to say the least.

I don't know. I would be incredibly worried somethings wrong since they haven't shown ANY footage of the Xbox 360 version, and they haven't announced any details about it.
I'm sure it's still coming out for it, but the fact they've kept silent on it is jarring to say the least.
Probably cause it looks nowhere near as good, won't have as many bot players, and no one wants to promote their next gen game with last gen footage.

They haven't even announced who is making the 360 version because the team making it for the other platforms is not working on the 360 version.

Good news for those who got the alpha. It was over this morning but they extended it to Monday @ 9 PM PST!

I really hope there will be a few game types without bots. Kinda takes the fun out of a multiplayer game for me.

couple things that need work i would say the climbing of buildings. it's confusing when you climb and can not. also im sure it's because it's early build but game feels choppy.

Sounds like it's delivering on its promises. If it does, this is going to be a huge system seller for XB1 all year long.
Why? I would tend to believe if someone had a 360 and was on the fence about getting an X1 that a game available for both 360 and X1 wouldn't push them over the edge. I mean the community for the 360 is still very large it's not like they're going to have problems finding a match.

If people are sitting on the fence because of a $500 price point I don't see this really pushing them over

Why? I would tend to believe if someone had a 360 and was on the fence about getting an X1 that a game available for both 360 and X1 wouldn't push them over the edge. I mean the community for the 360 is still very large it's not like they're going to have problems finding a match.

If people are sitting on the fence because of a $500 price point I don't see this really pushing them over
Halo 5 is the ultimate tipper.

Halo 5 is the ultimate tipper.
Once the 360 community dies down and the X1 gets a true next gen exclusive / game bundle/ price drop I expect the attachment rate to increase drastically. I'm not trying to put the console down as I bought one on launch but it's been out 60+ days now and my assumption is that if people didn't go out and spend $500+ at launch because they were excited for the hype they're not going to because a game comes out three months later that is available on their 360 as well.

No doubt though that MS will do something special for Halo 5.

Actually the first true next gen exclusive experience already happened. Dead Rising 3. No other game (on console) exists like it. X1 only. Next gen graphics. The ability to have and slay thousands of enemies on screen at once. Truely next gen.

But Halo 5 will be the tipper. Next gen only (more than likely) and MS will certainly do somethng for it. There isn't going to be a price drop for a very long time.

Also, with Titanfall. I think when people see the X1/360 comparison, they'll flock to X1. Like Watch Dogs' 360 footage :shutters:

Yeah, Halo 5 will move more X1's than Titanfall. Will certainly be next gen only and I expect some kind of system bundle/special design.
I certainly agree with that. Was just saying that Titanfall is still going to do well for XB1 all year if it's as good as promised. I'll also be shocked if there isn't a major difference in the overall experience between the XB1 and 360 versions as Rip44 says. Nobody is even talking about the 360 port -- it's all XB1 in any preview, story, etc. that's run on it, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

or people are waiting for a game they want to play. titanfall 360 is being made by a diff group of people then the x1/pc version so right there is a red flag thinking it might not be great on 360. same thing could be said about ps4 what will make people want to buy ps4 destany. Lets face it most games coming out next year or two will be cross gen games but if you want the better version you either need gaming pc or next gen system.

im kind of sick and tired of people bringing up 500 doller price point in discussion. Lets be honest it's obvious with 3 million systems sold price point is not the issue at this point.people spend  700 dollers for ipads for crying out loud. titanfall will move systems and lets not forget titanfall is coming out when most working people have tons more money in their pocket seeing it's tax season.

im kind of sick and tired of people bringing up 500 doller price point in discussion. Lets be honest it's obvious with 3 million systems sold price point is not the issue at this point.people spend 700 dollers for ipads for crying out loud. titanfall will move systems and lets not forget titanfall is coming out when most working people have tons more money in their pocket seeing it's tax season.
$700 ipads. Those are the people I don't understand -_-

im kind of sick and tired of people bringing up 500 doller price point in discussion. Lets be honest it's obvious with 3 million systems sold price point is not the issue at this point.people spend 700 dollers for ipads for crying out loud. titanfall will move systems and lets not forget titanfall is coming out when most working people have tons more money in their pocket seeing it's tax season.
You're saying $500 is not a deterrent? I'm not saying the X1 isn't worth $500 as I was willing to pay it but when EVERY other gaming console available on the market is cheaper then yes it is a limiting factor in regards to sales.

You're saying $500 is not a deterrent? I'm not saying the X1 isn't worth $500 as I was willing to pay it but when EVERY other gaming console available on the market is cheaper then yes it is a limiting factor in regards to sales.
People went out and flocked to getting ps3s and they were what? $600+?

$500 is a bit of a deterrent, but after you play it and play the games, its worth it. Plus the "Record That" feature is sweet.

seems nlike bots are only used on team death match on domination zero bots are in it. im sure there will be playlist with bots and no bots. im sure in alpha they are testing everything and how bots work online

they really need to put something in game that makes you know your getting shot at and not just arrows and no controller vibration

yeah now im getting them played last night and had nothing seems like they are server testing how many bots can do. i will admit i don't evne know when im shooting bots the ai in this game is pretty dang good and man do i love watcing mecs fight each other either human vs human or ai mecs. This game is awsome so far.

Not knowing you're shooting at bots or not is the exterior result of all the things that are happening internally with the dedicated cloud servers. They let the servers crunch the numbers and it handles that AI load so your system handles the graphics load. It's this main factor that I don't feel there will be a huge difference getting Titanfall on 360 compared to Xbox One/PC. Now it'll most definitely look a lot better, I'm not saying anything against that. Leaked footage have become gifs! I love the internet.

Titanfall.gif

I just played a game where I was on a killing streak with my Titan and about to die. I saw a guy on the ground so I just ran at him and I was stuck facing a building, I got lucky and a guy was jet packing up to the top of the roof so I punched him just like the guy in that video. His body went flying!

Then i ejected from my Titan before it exploded, timed it so when I land I'm on the back of a enemy Titan. I rip off the cover to shoot into the "brains", I notice the guy who is in the Titan got out so I jump off while hitting LB to be invisible. He doesn't see me and I shoot him, kill him, jump back on the Titan and kill it. Then I got ran over by a enemy Titan.

I love this game!!!

With Best Buy having a sale on Gold next week.  I might get this on 360. 

Wish the 360 version had A.I. bots as an option.  Would have had this preordered already if it had a single player offline campaign.

Word is Titanfall on 360 will be 4v4. Because currently at 6v6 the game has occasional frames per second drop and sometimes very small lag if 4-5 titans are around. Each player can get a Titan. No way 360 can handle all that if the x1 is pushing it.

I can't wait for this game man. According to reports this game was only running at 25 percent power in alpa and game already looked and ran amazing. It's obvious this game will only be worth playing on x1 an PC. 360 version seems so melt down and even made by diff people.

Word is Titanfall on 360 will be 4v4. Because currently at 6v6 the game has occasional frames per second drop and sometimes very small lag if 4-5 titans are around. Each player can get a Titan. No way 360 can handle all that if the x1 is pushing it.
Yeah, and it just stresses again the 360 version is essentially going to be a whole different game than the X1/PC edition. Repsawn made the latter, but a different developer is doing the 360 game.

Yea. Rumor is Bluepoint Games are developing the 360 version. It will be severely gimped IMO. I would bet it's just for some quick 360 sales. If Bluepoint is porting it then it is in good hands. They did the ports for MGS: HD Collection, Ico, Shadow Of The Colossus, and GoW 1+2.

It was only running at 25% which I thought was pretty impressive considering it still looked as good as any 360/ps3 COD.

I was also impressed at how well it ran. I had no lag other then for a minute in one game. The framerate would occasionally drop if a lot of titans were on screen but it would quickly go back to 60 FPS. I think anymore than 6v6 would be too much because of all the titans.

I never had any glitches or problems like you see in Battlefield. Not once did anything freeze or glitch out.

it don't hurt that it's made by the people sthat started cod and worked on cod until end of mw2 which imo was still when cod was great and lost ton of hours in cod 4 and mw2 then went down hill after these guys left. While playing titan fall this weekend i could not stop thinking how much i missed those games and o happy we got this upcoming from them. This is 100 percent type of game ms needed to help move x1's even more and to think this will not sell systems is just nonsense i don't care if system is 500 or not plus this time of year in u.s people have cash burning in their pockets thanks to taxes.

Well the textures will not be the same. If you look at COD Ghosts on xbox 360 vs One, the textures for the game are completely different.

That video looks good.  The only thing i didn't like was the Cross Air on screen.  I think that takes away from the First Person view experience since you should have to look down your sights to aim at something. 

Well the textures will not be the same. If you look at COD Ghosts on xbox 360 vs One, the textures for the game are completely different.
Completely different? I'm not sure what COD you're playing but I've got Ghosts on x1 and 360 and they look pretty much the same. Sure the x1 looks a little bit nicer but no 75% difference.

Yeah, and it just stresses again the 360 version is essentially going to be a whole different game than the X1/PC edition. Repsawn made the latter, but a different developer is doing the 360 game.
Last time that happened was with Splinter Cell: Double Agent -- I actually enjoyed the Xbox version more than the 360 version.

Was stoked at the original announcement and pretty sure this was my system seller, but after seeing the Alpha footage... only moreso.

Probably the only time I've ever wanted to pick up a console bundle, but I could swear I read that isn't happening. Grrrr.

Was stoked at the original announcement and pretty sure this was my system seller, but after seeing the Alpha footage... only moreso.

Probably the only time I've ever wanted to pick up a console bundle, but I could swear I read that isn't happening. Grrrr.
They sold very few white xbox ones i doubt they will strand all the black ones on shelves lol

bread's done
Back