Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

I know I will end up playing this game(rental). But, swinging around a light saber and not cutting dudes apart is lame.

is lame.

is lame.

really fucking lame

Yaaa, they could've nerfed it for Wii and made it legit on PS3 and 360. I mean...even the PG-13 movies had some saber dismemberment. What gives?

I've always said that the way around the lightsaber issue while avoiding the "M" rating is to have enemies hold you somewhat at bay with laser fire, have shields or devices that can actually block your blade (see: Grievous' guard droids), and when it comes to a duel, instead of actual health damage, each opponent has a 'Force bar' that depletes as it autoblocks attacks that you, the player, do not manually block (with a well-timed button press or analog stick movement).* CPU opponents would also have a similar health bar substitute, and their moments of oversight would have a visible cue of any animation that shows them momentarily losing their balance/fight stance. Eventually, you would strike the fatal blow. Of course, Jedi 'bosses' would have a much greater chance of successfully blocking your attacks, and given the nature of these kinds of games, would probably only be beatable by your using the environment and your other Force powers to temporarily stun.

Everything I mentioned there would be too much work for the programmers and 'the kids' wouldn't like the frustration of an actual, you know, duel, so forget about it ever happening. Fortunately for me, I have no interest in this game as a full-priced purchase (or anything close, for that matter), as I have very little faith that it'll be anything above and beyond a mediocre, fairly short Ninja Gaiden-extra lite with a Star Wars skin.

*--The autoblocking would work for blaster fire, too. Maybe a trigger could be used to slow down time for the duration of a bar that replenishes, so as to make it somewhat easier to manually block the bolts or projectiles.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Wake me up when they make KOTOR III or something similar for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Rise and shine! They made Mass Effect!

If KOTOR III is like Mass Effect, I will get it day one. I love Mass Effect and all, but I could not help thinking that it would have been better if it was based on Star Trek or Star Wars instead.

From xbox360achievements.org:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=442

Check it out

-+eWNA==.jpg
Apprentice
gp-g.jpg
Complete Game - Apprentice difficulty. Do not change the difficulty after the game has started.
UP3NYZc=.jpg
Sith Warrior100
gp-g.jpg
Complete Game - Sith Warrior difficulty. Do not change the difficulty after the game has started.
UP+ZcnA=.jpg
Sith Lord100
gp-g.jpg
Complete Game - Sith Lord difficulty. Do not change the difficulty after the game has started.
UPxSheM=.jpg
Sith Master100
gp-g.jpg
Complete Game - Sith Master difficulty. Do not change the difficulty after the game has started.
UPrXehQ=.jpg
Pushed5
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with Force Push
UPsEu5s=.jpg
Gripped5
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with Force Grip
UP6VaX4=.jpg
Shocked5
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with Force Lightning
UP1UmFg=.jpg
Repulsed5
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with Force Repulse
UP9GqPE=.jpg
Impaled5
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with Saber Throw
UPhvim4=.jpg
Stormed5
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with Lightning Shield
UPrkQwg=.jpg
Grappled15
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with a grapple move
UP4-qa0=.jpg
Launched20
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 100 enemies with Aerial Ambush juggle combos
UPs3goc=.jpg
PROXY Won't Be Happy15
gp-g.jpg
Destroy 35 droids
UPj2c6E=.jpg
Rebel Leader15
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 500 Imperials
+6WFXg==.jpg
Bossk15
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 200 Wookiees on Kashyyyk Prologue
+kV9zQ==.jpg
Bully15
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 25 Ugnaughts or Jawas
UPwtmQQ=.jpg
Skilled5
gp-g.jpg
Earn 250,000 Force Points on a single level
-p6XaA==.jpg
Expert10
gp-g.jpg
Earn 500,000 Force Points on a single level
UPudQlQ=.jpg
Legend25
gp-g.jpg
Earn 600,000 Force Points on a single level
UPjFSr0=.jpg
Frenzy5
gp-g.jpg
Get a Frenzy x4 bonus
UP2yfXA=.jpg
Sith Frenzy10
gp-g.jpg
Get a Frenzy x8 bonus
UPo7mYk=.jpg
Sith Lord Frenzy15
gp-g.jpg
Get a Frenzy x12 bonus
UP6mUGI=.jpg
Holocron Collector75
gp-g.jpg
Collect all Jedi holocrons in the game
+0Ngdg==.jpg
Corellian Star10
gp-g.jpg
Complete all bonus objectives on one level
-V9mTg==.jpg
Force Push Mastery20
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 500 enemies with Force Push
+zx8kQ==.jpg
Force Grip Mastery20
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 500 enemies with Force Grip
-35v+w==.jpg
Force Lightning Mastery20
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 500 enemies with Force Lightning
UPklsi4=.jpg
Force Repulse Mastery20
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 500 enemies with Repulse
UPhcs3I=.jpg
Lightsaber Throw Mastery20
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 500 enemies with Saber Throw
UPp9usc=.jpg
Lightning Shield Mastery20
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 500 enemies with Lightning Shield
UPpOg9s=.jpg
The Bigger They Are15
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 6 Rancors
UP24e8U=.jpg
The Harder They Fall15
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 10 AT-STs or AT-KTs
+GR0eA==.jpg
Cannon Fodder15
gp-g.jpg
Defeat 150 Stormtroopers
-cafgQ==.jpg
Sith Trials20
gp-g.jpg
Complete all Training Room challenges and Combat Modules
+YSM6w==.jpg
Sith Training20
gp-g.jpg
Complete all Training Room lessons

Secret Achievements
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement20
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement20
gp-g.jpg
+ojvjA==.jpg
Secret Achievement10
gp-g.jpg

[quote name='Corvin']Wow, those achievements are a snoozefest. Really creative there Lucasarts.[/quote]

As long as you're not one of the millions of people cheering Fable 2 for having the same type of simple task bullshit achievements, I'm with you 100%.

[quote name='Wolve11']This is my #1 want for the rest of the year....above Gears and Fable 2.[/quote]

Me too bro.

I want to experience the game in full when it comes out, i'm going to steer away from the demo as much as I can. I don't want any spoilers/teasers or whatever anymore.

Glad there's a demo as there's probably at least 5 crappy star wars games for every decent one so I definitely want to try this out before even seriously considering picking it up.

Sweet! Can't wait until the 21st to finally play this game. I really hope it plays as good as it looks. We haven't been flooded with SW games lately, and the Lego ones have been good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey, as long as it doesn't have Ziro the Hutt, we'll be okay. Anyone who's seen the Clone Wars movie knows what I mean.

I will definitely be checking out the demo and probably picking this up. It's Star Wars.

One thing I can't get past is that the Apprentice holds his saber backwards. I saw an interview on G4 with one of the developers and he said that they had never seen anyone hold their saber like that in the movies, so that thought it would be cool. Well, the reason no one holds their saber like that is because it's not good for defense. You wouldn't hold a sword or gun behind you in a battle. I guess I'm just looking too much into it.

Yeah, I really don't have high hopes for this. From the videos it just looked like a pretty, generic beat'em game--but that could just be because I've never liked beat'em ups.

At any rate, still will give the demo a go as I'd like to have a good star wars game, but I'm not holding my breath.

It will have to be damn good to be as successful as KOTOR was. I will play the demo tomorrow anyway since I have been looking forward to the game, but I'm afraid it might be like Republic Commando. On a side note - I recently installed KOTOR on my PC to play over again, and just be a total bad ass and get my dark side as high as I could get it. The dark side ending is so much better.

[quote name='s0undwav3']I will play the demo tomorrow anyway since I have been looking forward to the game, but I'm afraid it might be like Republic Commando.[/QUOTE]
That's a bad thing? Republic Commando was awesome.

There were tons of good Star War games. From the PC Star Wars games (Tie Fighter, Jedi Knights), to Rogue Rogue Squadron, Pod Racer, ,KotOR, Lego Star Wars. Even the Super Star Wars on SNES were fun back in the day. Hopefully this will at least be decent

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That's a bad thing? Republic Commando was awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that! I love that game

DEMO IS UP

900MB OR SO

GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!! I've been waiting to have a go at this one for months!!! Please be a next gen Jedi Academy.. Please be a next gen Jedi Academy..

Game of the Year. period.

I love this demo, although it's very short. The controls are a bit to get used to (at least on the fly), but there is a ton of destruction to be had once you get them down.

I don't know why, but first thing I tried doing is making the Stormtroopers hold hands like in the demo when they're in panic. Then I got a good laugh in making it happen, pretty damn fun and somehow dropped a TIE fighter on some troops as well...Though hoping the upgrades in the game exceed beyond using the force hold and hand holding attacks.

wow, I have to admit that the demo was a LOT of fun. I'm not really a Star Wars guy at all, but I was having so much fun throwing people around and just the fighting was a ton of fun.

I am rather interested to see if the hype is justified. I shall later download the demo. Here's hoping it impresses more than Too Human.

[quote name='electronicthroat']days like this makes me wish I was still unemployed....

no not really[/quote]

same here.. (ok maybe not that extreme)

good to see decent impressions

It's inspiring to think the force powers in the demo aren't the max level. You already feel like a mini-god among men from the get-go, even if you're not that invincible in the higher difficulties.

It's fun seeing him use many of the abilities I've gotten VERY used to him doing in Soul Calibur IV. I think some of the special effects look un-perfected (Theres a floating point of electricity above the lightsaber when you do electric-charged attacks, for example), so I hope a lot of that gets ironed out before the game releases. I do have to mention I love the Zelda-esque pause for impacts with melee attacks, and the camerawork whenever something extra impressive happens.

Seems like a very fun game!

In the demo, could you force grab a Tie Fighter thats flying in the air? I wasn't able to lock onto it, but I did destroy it by bending a beam and letting the Tie Fighter slam into it.

damn.....stupid expired gold membership. I want this game so bad.

Is the demo really awesome, I mean does the basic engine seem to live up to the hype and promise?

bread's done
Back