Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

the demo was alright, but this won't be a day one purchase for me, i'll wait for release and some reviews, if its something that i can beat in a weekend then its going to be a rental for me.

Definitely a rental, not a first day buy for me just because they took out online support.

It's pretty amazing that you can do pretty much anything you can think of in the game. For example, there was a metal pole hanging down in the TIE hangar with all the ships flying by. I was like "Hmm, I wonder if I can bend this back.." so I tried it, and it worked. I kept giong back and back and back.. and pretty soon, every TIE fighter that flew by hit it and blew up :D

It felt to me like Psi-Ops with a lightsaber. I'm also too much of a geek to accept an apprentice with the ability to toss around tie fighters like it was nothing.

[quote name='whiptcracker']It felt to me like Psi-Ops with a lightsaber. I'm also too much of a geek to accept an apprentice with the ability to toss around tie fighters like it was nothing.[/quote]

Dont insult Psi-Ops like that. Psi-Ops was an amazing game

[quote name='whiptcracker']It felt to me like Psi-Ops with a lightsaber. I'm also too much of a geek to accept an apprentice with the ability to toss around tie fighters like it was nothing.[/quote]

Your not the first person to say that and if its true then im most definitely buying I loved Psi-Ops so sad no sequel they left it wide open for one too.
Too bad I can't get on live right now to play the demo :whistle2:(

[quote name='slickkill77']Dont insult Psi-Ops like that. Psi-Ops was an amazing game[/quote]

OMG its nothing like psi ops?

[quote name='lilboo']Now I know this won't look as good on the Wii, but I wonder how it'll play.
:bomb: for the Wii not having demos :wall:[/quote]

I was watching an interview with the game devs and they were saying that they play it PRIMARILY on the Wii. Apparently that's the system they felt was best for the game to be presented on. I'll see if if can find that video.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Your not the first person to say that and if its true then im most definitely buying I loved Psi-Ops so sad no sequel they left it wide open for one too.
Too bad I can't get on live right now to play the demo :whistle2:(

OMG its nothing like psi ops?[/QUOTE]

Its like Psiops on steroids , you can walk into a group of grunts and obliterate them so fast it might not even be clear to yourself what you just did.

[quote name='slickkill77']Dont insult Psi-Ops like that. Psi-Ops was an amazing game[/quote]

Psi-ops had too many bugs and glitches to be amazing.

This demo made me actually want the game. I heard about it and saw some video online, but nothing interested me about it. But after playing it, I am stoked. I held reservation. I am certainly glad I didn't give into the hype wagon before I played the demo. I might be buying this on or slose to release. I liked cutting up the robots and then opening the windows and watching their little bodies fly out into the giant dark trash can of space.

The only reason for me to get this game on 360 or ps3 is that I can battle with my son in the duel mode even though its only offline

I love how you can mix the force powers in with combos, like how your light saber gets electrified or when you force push someone with a light saber and you basically bat a homerun with them :D

[quote name='ZenTrickster']I was watching an interview with the game devs and they were saying that they play it PRIMARILY on the Wii. Apparently that's the system they felt was best for the game to be presented on. I'll see if if can find that video.[/quote]

That would certainly explain the lackluster visuals. I was dismayed by the character models for Starkiller and Darth Vader, and some of the animations were less than stellar. I think the jumping was the worst offender. It was like a watered down version of Dante's Air Hike in DMC.

Other than that, I liked the demo. The Force powers were neat, and the combat, while not at the NG level, was enjoyable. Don't know if I'll pay the full $60 for it, but if I can get it at some sort of discounted price, I'll pick it up.

I have major problems with the camera and locking onto the enemies didn't help either too. Force grip was hard to use in the heat of battle. I'm going to have to wait for a price drop on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the demo earlier and loved it, but one thing bothered me: even on the hardest setting I had a hard time dying. I was getting pelted with gunfire and my health never went below halfway.

I hope it was just for the sake of the demo.I'd like more a of a challege in the final version.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I played the demo earlier and loved it, but one thing bothered me: even on the hardest setting I had a hard time dying. I was getting pelted with gunfire and my health never went below halfway.

I hope it was just for the sake of the demo.I'd like more a of a challege in the final version.[/quote]

You must be pretty good, because I died like 5x's on the AT-AT section on normal before I beat it.

I died on the first two setings one time each both at the AT-AT none of the soliders could really kill me or really hurt me that bad even ones with heavy repeaters.

[quote name='Scorch']Definitely a rental, not a first day buy for me just because they took out online support.

It's pretty amazing that you can do pretty much anything you can think of in the game. For example, there was a metal pole hanging down in the TIE hangar with all the ships flying by. I was like "Hmm, I wonder if I can bend this back.." so I tried it, and it worked. I kept giong back and back and back.. and pretty soon, every TIE fighter that flew by hit it and blew up :D[/QUOTE]

oh wow that is amazing:speaktothehand: Lol your like a noob because first of all you can't do everything and second it is not that amazing

I got really pissed at the AT-AT too. I got hit by those gay lasers then fell then got hit by it again then fell like wtf. I also remember when it started to stomp I fell over and it did it again and I fell over again WTF!!!!! Oh and the targeting was shit and when you do a combo you are stuck in the animation. The people who made the game just thought about the stupid physics to make the game really fun

EDIT: oh and wtf is with the targeting when you are force holding an object? I was aiming at a tie fighter that was docked and the stupid fool shot it forwards no where near the target:/

You guys are talking about the AT-ST, not AT-AT. :p

I hope we come across an AT-AT. That would be fun to take down those huge four-legged walkers that were invading Hoth in the movies.

[quote name='Draekon']You guys are talking about the AT-ST, not AT-AT. :p

I hope we come across an AT-AT. That would be fun to take down those huge four-legged walkers that were invading Hoth in the movies.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I was just about to post that it definitely wasn't an AT-AT you fought at the end...

However, I just couldn't get into this demo due to the crummy lock on. Maybe if there was like an easier way to switch between targets or I was too intoxicated when I played, I don't know. I'll wait on this one since there's other, better games coming out soon.

[quote name='Draekon']You guys are talking about the AT-ST, not AT-AT. :p

I hope we come across an AT-AT. That would be fun to take down those huge four-legged walkers that were invading Hoth in the movies.[/quote]

:lol: I always get those two mixed up.

Psi Ops was fun because you had different powers and it was an xbox game. This is a 360 game and I would hardly say this was better than psi ops

I was COMPLETELY blown away by this demo. I'll have to keep playing it til the actual game comes out. So easy to learn, I had really no interest in this game but I'll have to check into it now, if it's a longer game I'll probably buy it.

I frickin' LOVED this demo. I'm a Star Wars fan but I kind of lost interest in this game after it was delayed for the umpteenth time (I've been playing with TFU minis for almost a year now). This demo totally gave me a kick in the balls. I expected it to at least hold my interest because it was SW themed, but I didn't expect it to be a genuinely awesome game. That melee pause (a la Windwaker) does so much for the combat. Definitely picking this up day-one.

[quote name='blueweltall']I have major problems with the camera and locking onto the enemies didn't help either too. Force grip was hard to use in the heat of battle. I'm going to have to wait for a price drop on this one.[/quote]Did you explore the options screen? I was pretty pissed with the camera, but then I went in and tweaked the sensitivity and inverted it and it felt great. I also changed force grip to 'toggle' instead of 'hold' and it made a world of difference.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Making people PAY to play demos right away is stupid, and robbery. Making me wait to buy gamerpics, or a theme is only going to decrease my chances of buying it. Because after a while, my impulse buying goes away, and logic sets in. So i think this one week wait is only hurting XBLM content.[/quote]I definitely would have say so, because I grabbed it on PSN, loved it, pre-ordered it and now have no reason to even try the XBLM demo. For consiole exclusive titles it may be incentive for people to upgrade, but, seriously... I can't imagine it's good for business in situations like this.

ugh I thought the name was wrong but I didnt want to look it up to confirm ok *bows head* you can beat me about the head and shoulders for not getting the AT-STs name right.

I have to admit that after playing the demo, I wasn't all that impressed. I mean, sure, it was neat playing with the powers and everything, but the targeting was crap and the lightsaber fighting was absolutely horrid. I'm rather disappointed in the game so far. I think I'll wait on this one til it drops to $20-30.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I have to admit that after playing the demo, I wasn't all that impressed. I mean, sure, it was neat playing with the powers and everything, but the targeting was crap and the lightsaber fighting was absolutely horrid. I'm rather disappointed in the game so far. I think I'll wait on this one til it drops to $20-30.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly... although I absolutely loved opening doors.

[quote name='Koggit']My thoughts exactly... although I absolutely loved opening doors.[/quote]
Agreed. That was quite cool. Although I'm a bit disappointed at the way the doors seemed to always bend the same each time. And the fact that if I was slightly off one door would be completely unaffected, despite the wave passing through it.

I just played the apprentice level and it was okay. It seemed a bit too easy, and the same thing over and over. Then at the end when i went against that 2 legged machine (i forget what they are called) it looked like i could use my force to pick it up, but i couldnt. Then when i was rapidly jumping and slicing it, random buttons came up for me to press in order. But while i was hacking away at it, i would always press the wrong button becuase the button sequence comes out of nowhere. I did beat it, but i really hate when they have press button A, then B, then X to complete something. I dont really like how fast he moves and jumps. But other then that its pretty cool. I think because its star wars that is what makes it cool. If it was some other franchise then maybe i wouldnt like it.

I'm not feeling this. The lock-on system is too shitty to just ignore- not intuitive in the slightest. I think some people are letting the Star Wars license cloud their judgment.

It was really fun playing around with the euphoria engine, the rest of it just seemed like an average rental game.

I bet as your level increases, the moves are going to be a lot more fun to do.

I'm already liking the combo where you hold them with your foce, and hit 'B' to do that force push(?) to send them flyin!

This game went from bottom of my list straight to the top after the demo. It is so fun to play and I recommend everyone play the demo. My favorite part was throwing someone and hitting some button that threw my lightsaber at him and hit him while he was flying.

The ending of the demo sucked though. That stupid machine sucks.

For once a demo actually did it's job and left you wanting more. I wasn't too excited about the game before, but this one looks very promising. I can say that this game could be my next favorite Star Wars game ever since Power Battles. My only gripe is that it doesn't have co-op like Power Battles.

[quote name='dchrisd']Anybody know when the demo will be available to us unfortunate non-Gold members?[/quote]

Well since it came out Thursday, next Thursday, the 28th.

Not terribly exicted by the demo. I thought it was kinda meh. The graphics didn't blow me away and seems like throwing things will get boring after a while. Also can't help to think the the fighting in the game is a bit shallow. Although all my comments are premature bc the full game could offer more depth but would like the fighting to be akin to DMC, GoW and Heavenly Sword. Now that would be a kick-ass game.

Yea. Speaking of Psi Ops when the fuck is 360 going to make it playable... I bought it cause I never played the full game (only the demo) but it doesn't work! Ergh!

Anyways about SW:FU, I have played the demo multiple times. On 360 and PS3, and I am actually a little into it now, if you have expectations and have been looking at the force unleashed since it was announced you will be highly disappointed, but once you get over that the really Force Unleashed is not coming then you can find some fun in the game.

Also they have the ability to turn most of the hud off which I commend! I just wish you could turn the targeting and green orbs off...

Also, I dunno if it's just me, but the PS3 version looks signficantly more sharp and the colors are more realistic. (360 version is to dark and the contrast is wanky.) That could just be HDMI vs Component.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea. Speaking of Psi Ops when the fuck is 360 going to make it playable... I bought it cause I never played the full game (only the demo) but it doesn't work! Ergh!

Anyways about SW:FU, I have played the demo multiple times. On 360 and PS3, and I am actually a little into it now, if you have expectations and have been looking at the force unleashed since it was announced you will be highly disappointed, but once you get over that the really Force Unleashed is not coming then you can find some fun in the game.

Also they have the ability to turn most of the hud off which I commend! I just wish you could turn the targeting and green orbs off...

Also, I dunno if it's just me, but the PS3 version looks signficantly more sharp and the colors are more realistic. (360 version is to dark and the contrast is wanky.) That could just be HDMI vs Component.[/QUOTE]

Funny I had my ps3 hooked up through hdmi and it was way too dark, was a tad bit sharper that i'll agree on. 360 is hooked up via VGA and was much brighter.

Just played the demo yesterday. It seemed like it would get old quick. The graphics were what's expected, not really amazing. Seems the character is way too overpowered. I think I would have enjoyed this more if it was a Wii exclusive.

What would save this game:
- Refreshing, specific mission objectives and not just kill the shit out of everyone (Which I'm sure it has at least some of.)
- Some type of free roaming sections, like say: HQ's, crowded cities.
- Fighting Yoda or perhaps even Vader himself. (The intro seemed very suspicious.)
- Customizable character.

[quote name='Littlefields'] - Fighting Yoda or perhaps even Vader himself. (The intro seemed very suspicious.)
.[/quote]

So I am not the only one who got the pedophile vibe?

[quote name='Layziebones']So I am not the only one who got the pedophile vibe?[/quote]
Nope. Vader is a straight up pedo.

"Where is your Master?"
"You killed my master years ago!"
"A son!"
"Run! Aghh..."

bread's done
Back