Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

After playing the demo I can honestly say I'm very excited for this game. I buy most Star Wars games anyway, but the demo ended all to soon for me. I think it really gives you a sense that you are a total bad ass from the get go.

I tried the demo today and I wasn't super impressed. It was decent and I'll most likely pick it up when it hits $30 or so.

Near the end of the demo when you're outside I did enjoy leaving one enemy alive, picking them up with the force, slowly moving them over the side of the buildings, and just letting them drop.

Ugh, this game is crap. So disappointing, why do all games turn out this way?

And then reading EGM put the final nail in the coffin for me, they mention that once you get around a quarter of the way through the introduce enemies that have "protective force armor" that cannot be gripped or pushed. And you fight them through the rest of the game...

Wow, way to be Unleashed with the force...

My most wanted game of the year is now my most dissapointing. Pass.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']And then reading EGM put the final nail in the coffin for me, they mention that once you get around a quarter of the way through the introduce enemies that have "protective force armor" that cannot be gripped or pushed. And you fight them through the rest of the game... [/QUOTE]

Ugh.

Ok so maybe eventually you can't pick people up..but you don't know what kind of moves you might learn. That force push seems like it's going to be an awesome move.

Also.. maybe you eventually can't pick people up..but nothing says you can't throw shit at them! :whee:

Eh, I kinda lost interest in it... probably rent it later on. Would have to rush through it anyways to get to Rock Band 2 and Lego Batman ;)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
And then reading EGM put the final nail in the coffin for me, they mention that once you get around a quarter of the way through the introduce enemies that have "protective force armor" that cannot be gripped or pushed. And you fight them through the rest of the game...
.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you still take them out using stuff in the environment? Doesn't really sound like a deal breaker to me.

[quote name='Corvin']Couldn't you still take them out using stuff in the environment? Doesn't really sound like a deal breaker to me.[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought as well, they want you to not just go through the entire game force grabbing soldiers like you could in the demo. Makes sense as during the demo the soldiers were 100 percent no threat to me at all, an entire game of that probably would be boring.

Well, I was hoping for the game to be you playing as a unstoppable bad ass Jedi, with force powers that are unleashed. Not some "meh" action game. And what's wrong with being able to totally obliterate everyone you come in contact with? I was hoping the challenge would come when fighting other Jedi's. . . the soldiers would be the equivalent to walking to the Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Well, I was hoping for the game to be you playing as a unstoppable bad ass Jedi, with force powers that are unleashed. Not some "meh" action game. And what's wrong with being able to totally obliterate everyone you come in contact with? I was hoping the challenge would come when fighting other Jedi's. . . the soldiers would be the equivalent to walking to the Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.[/QUOTE]

I still want to play the game but I completely get what you're saying. But that has always been a problem with star wars games, a lightsaber isn't some glowing metal sword it is a weapon that severs limbs in a hearbeat yet it never gets portrayed like that. Always hope for a sequel .

Yeah, I never go with MetaCritic or any reviews. Too Human was blasted, and while I say it isn't the best game ever, I have highly enjoyed it. I've long since given up on gam reviews because most of it is based on the personal preference of the writer involved.

[quote name='prence']This game was one of my most anticipated for the year. I played the demo and liked it but like a lot of people said previously, I'm not a fan of the 'anti force armor' crap. That kind of sucks..

Also it's not doing so hot on Metacritic either :\

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/starwarstheforceunleashed?q=force unleashed[/QUOTE]

Metacritic said EGM gave it a 56, GameRankings said EGM gave it a 68.33
Wish they would just leave out alphabet review scores if they have to make up a number like this, or make it a separate category just showing what it got.

[quote name='jp0213']Yeah, I never go with MetaCritic or any reviews. Too Human was blasted, and while I say it isn't the best game ever, I have highly enjoyed it. I've long since given up on gam reviews because most of it is based on the personal preference of the writer involved.[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite games on the dreamcast got a 3 if I remember correctly, yeah reviews don't mean much since your personal taste can be wildly different.

I just picked up Star Wars Force Unleashed at this random store called "Game Craze"
It was out on their shelf and asked if its out for sale
and they said "yea we rnt EB or Gamestop, we dont have any obligations to sell it on the release date."

so yea. Ive been playing for 1 hour now. so if you guys have any questions about this game, just let me know

lol @ "not having obligations to sell on release day".. LucasArts won't appreciate that and won't send them stuff in the future.. assuming they're getting it direct from them, which I assume they are, since they got it in early.

Some local mom and pop store doesn't care about lucasarts as much as lucasarts doesn't care about them. Most of those places get their games from a middleman distributor that buys in bulk from the publisher and sells to small stores like that at a markup anyway. They're pretty far from any direct suspicion.

[quote name='jer7583']Is it as bad as the demo? lol

Do you want your $60 back yet?[/quote]

mehh. gameplay is w/e but i love the backgrounds. they really made it looks nice and big. good graphics.

I mean im a huge star wars fan, so im playing the game for the story.

[quote name='Scorch']lol @ "not having obligations to sell on release day".. LucasArts won't appreciate that and won't send them stuff in the future.. assuming they're getting it direct from them, which I assume they are, since they got it in early.[/quote]

Uh highly doubt it. If it isn't a major chain, they probably go through a distributor.

I just beat it if anyone has any questions ill try to answer them.

I had alot of fun though I beat it in about 7-8 hours great game im going after the 1k achivements and ill probally be done. It kinda reminds me of devil may cry in the sense that even though I beat the game I still wanna play it just for the hot fights and being a bad a$$. Vader stage is sweet too

7-8 hrs only, then I should finish it before a weeks end. so theirs no MP vs mode then, thats the only reason why I would keep it.

nope no vs mp mode only wii has that I belive. I was on some type of crack this weekend I played the game str8 through and I fairly found alot of stuff. Still more to do though I see myself playing it again on Hard or Hardest for the achivement and get the second ending and getting my full 1k but I will play again just for fun here and there though

Been watching the story on youtube. I'd say rent it if you're a star wars fan and slog through the gameplay for the story, but anyone who buys this is likely getting ripped off.

this is why game journalism is a joke, why no one asked the developers, why they are screwing 360,ps3 owners by not having vs MP, thats why i think game reviewers and so called game journalists are the lowest form of writing. its a simple and point question vs mp should be on all versions enough said glad I get to play the game for free for a week then return back to eb before weeks end to get full credit for something else like fifa09. FU game journalists for weak questions and FU lucas arts for screwing the customers.

Do you guys think this is the type of game Gamestop will 15+ used copies of within a month after release like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed?

I have a bad feeling that will be the case. I'm almost tempted to go cancel my pre-order and wait it out for a used one. I'm not sure though.

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you guys think this is the type of game Gamestop will 15+ used copies of within a month after release like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed?[/quote]

It sure sounds like it from what I've read.

Of course I expected to see a boatload of Mercenaries 2, and I just NOW found one. They aren't appearing all that quickly.

I don't see how any of you are surprised about the length of the game. I knew the second I found out that it wasn't a KOTOR type game, that it would be beatable in a weekend rental sitting.

reviews have been pretty harsh so far. The demo seemed fun but I could see the hack n slash frustration elements. I still wanna pick it up though cuz the TRU deal will be nice, especially since I still have my $10 gift card from Madden.

Anyone order it from amazon with release day shipping? Did it ship yet? I was charged but not shipped yet, and it's getting late, they usually ship earlier in the day

My bro works for gamestop he got off work just now (his store is the one I am going to for a launch event) and he told me they do have special star wars figurines that are very high quality (like the halo 3 todd mcfarlene quality) that come with a special code for the game etc. He told me that you can only get them at launch night and that they are being sold ($10) not given away. I am not sure I believe him as he couldn't even remember what it looked like. (He is not a 360 fan at all) anyways just thought I would give that info out there.

The game is pretty short. Certain bosses require a certain strategy to beat otherwise it could be frustrating. Its a linear path game, but if you are into Star Wars this story is a must. The gameplay itself is nice because of the many types of ways to kill people using the force powers and stuff.
Basically this game will have dozens of copies in the used section within a week or two after release due to people finishing the game and not doing anything with it. Now there are two endings but they don't require a whole replay. The hardest difficulty setting has to be unlocked so for all the achievements you'd have to play through it twice. There are also Jedi Holocrons that you can collect that give you different lightsaber colors like red, blue, purple, gold, green and black or they are saber crystals that can give your saber added benefits. That gives it the minimum replay value.

Anybody have a the codes to see what you get on the game?

I would like to have them without buying all the figures

Beat the game on normal. Took less than 6 hours. I'd give the game a 6 overall. The demo on XBL is better than this game as a whole.

The frustrating elements far outweigh the positive elements. So much so, that when I beat the game I was completely done with it. I'm fine with never playing it again.

[quote name='Trakan']Beat the game on normal. Took less than 6 hours. I'd give the game a 6 overall. The demo on XBL is better than this game as a whole.
[/quote]

Oy. Definitely reinforces my decision to not bother with it since I didn't like the demo at all....

[quote name='Trakan']Beat the game on normal. Took less than 6 hours. I'd give the game a 6 overall. The demo on XBL is better than this game as a whole.

The frustrating elements far outweigh the positive elements. So much so, that when I beat the game I was completely done with it. I'm fine with never playing it again.[/QUOTE]

Dealbreaker right here, I just changed my mind even with the Toys R Us deal going on. That is just entirely too short an experience so i'll borrow a friend's copy.

I don't think multiplayer is mandatory for any game. Frankly, I think some games embarrass themselves by attempting to toss in a last-minute halfassed multiplayer mode. Adding multiplayer more to satisfy a Game Design 101 requirement than anything. If the game won't function well with multiplayer, leave it the fuck out.

Holy crap the Star Destroyer thing was a pain. They turned one of the highlights of the game into one of the biggest annoyances.

I really am enjoying the story, despite the "average" (Yes, average, Wombat) reviews.

bread's done
Back