Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 'Ultimate Sith Edition' Coming Holiday 2009

[quote name='gareman']damn.....stupid expired gold membership. I want this game so bad.[/quote]Dammit, I forgot about that. I guess I'll have to grab it on the PS3 instead when I get home.

Does this version use the d-pad at all? That's quickly becoming my litmus test for multi-platform releases... :whistle2:#

The demo was meh. Really disappointing. I guess you would like it if you weren't hyped up for the original force unleashed. I hate the targeting reticle and the green orbs that fly out and how enemies have health. I thought it was suppose to be "kicking ass with the force" not dwindling down their health. I don't like the skewed camera that is pulled back so you can't see the crappy character models. Bodies dissapear... the jumping looks dumb.

"I enjoyed slicing the atst in half!"

Yea like you really did it. You just do a crappy quick time event that could be easily played by a child on a kids toy.

Canceling my preorder.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']The demo was meh. Really disappointing. I guess you would like it if you weren't hyped up for the original force unleashed. I hate the targeting reticle and the green orbs that fly out and how enemies have health. I thought it was suppose to be "kicking ass with the force" not dwindling down their health. I don't like the skewed camera that is pulled back so you can't see the crappy character models. Bodies dissapear... the jumping looks dumb.

"I enjoyed slicing the atst in half!"

Yea like you really did it. You just do a crappy quick time event that could be easily played by a child on a kids toy.

Canceling my preorder.[/quote]

lol wow

[quote name='gareman']damn.....stupid expired gold membership. I want this game so bad.[/quote]

Me too. Whats really dumb is i can download demos for arcade games the day they come out, but not the demos for retail games. Making people PAY to play demos right away is stupid, and robbery. Making me wait to buy gamerpics, or a theme is only going to decrease my chances of buying it. Because after a while, my impulse buying goes away, and logic sets in. So i think this one week wait is only hurting XBLM content. Plus i hate the fact that ill have to wait a week to buy GTA DLC even though ive paid 60 dollars for the game!!!! This is Madness. It should be like it used to be, where gold members could play online, and that was the only difference.

Demo was dissapointing. It's a pretty bad action game with a fancy effects/license paint job put over it. The combat is just dull and lacks challenge. Even the force powers gimmick gets old quick, because you're basically just throwing things around, except it's not as fun as it was in Psi-Ops or Half Life 2.

The targeting is very innacurate and the camera sucks. It's too zoomed in to see all the cool stuff you're doing, and doesn't react quickly enough to everything going on.

Even worse is the lightsaber stuff isn't nearly as good as Lucasarts' own Jedi Knight games. It should have been similar to those with the new force things added in, and a little more ninja gaiden/DMC style fighting. As it is, it's a bad God of War clone that lets you throw people around. The shallow Quick Time Event at the end of the demo was the punctuation to my increasing "meh" feelings on the game.

Throwing enemies around was fun, the first few times, but it's not going to make a $60 purchase worthwhile. Add that there's no multi or co-op and hopefully the full game has a LOT more depth/challenge or this is going to be quickly limited to the kids table.

I did a more complete write up on the CAG blog, but it got lost just as I was finishing it. I might re-write if I get the patience.. grr.

[quote name='jer7583']Demo was dissapointing. It's a pretty bad action game with a fancy effects/license paint job put over it. The combat is just dull and lacks challenge. Even the force powers gimmick gets old quick, because you're basically just throwing things around, except it's not as fun as it was in Psi-Ops or Half Life 2.

The targeting is very innacurate and the camera sucks. It's too zoomed in to see all the cool stuff you're doing, and doesn't react quickly enough to everything going on.

Even worse is the lightsaber stuff isn't nearly as good as Lucasarts' own Jedi Knight games. It should have been similar to those with the new force things added in, and a little more ninja gaiden/DMC style fighting. As it is, it's a bad God of War clone that lets you throw people around. The shallow Quick Time Event at the end of the demo was the punctuation to my increasing "meh" feelings on the game.

Throwing enemies around was fun, the first few times, but it's not going to make a $60 purchase worthwhile. Add that there's no multi or co-op and hopefully the full game has a LOT more depth/challenge or this is going to be quickly limited to the kids table.

I did a more complete write up on the CAG blog, but it got lost just as I was finishing it. I might re-write if I get the patience.. grr.[/quote]

Oh and I agree with all that to. It is odd that it devolved a level from the Jedi Knight titles.

Having controls mapped to your motions and enemies that could get dismembered accurately to how you swing/robots that got chopped up based on how you swing. Yeah, i'd say so. Those games had badass multiplayer too, and the option to fight with guns. This really is a step backwards in all ways but the force powers - which were more stat/gameplay based than TFU's flashy effects.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Me too. Whats really dumb is i can download demos for arcade games the day they come out, but not the demos for retail games. Making people PAY to play demos right away is stupid, and robbery. Making me wait to buy gamerpics, or a theme is only going to decrease my chances of buying it. Because after a while, my impulse buying goes away, and logic sets in. So i think this one week wait is only hurting XBLM content. Plus i hate the fact that ill have to wait a week to buy GTA DLC even though ive paid 60 dollars for the game!!!! This is Madness. It should be like it used to be, where gold members could play online, and that was the only difference.[/quote]

I hate to say this but quit being cheap and pay for a gold membership its 7.99 for a month not that freaking bad.

[quote name='TastyMouthful']I hate to say this but quit being cheap and pay for a gold membership its 7.99 for a month not that freaking bad.[/QUOTE]

It is bad when I can grab the same demo for free off my PS3.

[quote name='TastyMouthful']I hate to say this but quit being cheap and pay for a gold membership its 7.99 for a month not that freaking bad.[/quote]

Eh, i would rather have a new game than spend 50 on XBLG just to download demos/themes/Gamerpics/Add ons a week early. Besides, anything less than a year gold membership is a rip off.

I thought the demo was ok, but I can see it getting old really fast unless they mix up how you use the powers throughout the game. Using them to break open doors and manipulate locks is a pretty cool diversion but more stuff like that needs to be included in the full game.

The jumping just looks/plays awful though and I don't like how the camera is set up, it just seems too close. If the final result is like the demo, I think it will be a good rental.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I thought the demo was ok, but I can see it getting old really fast unless they mix up how you use the powers throughout the game. Using them to break open doors and manipulate locks is a pretty cool diversion but more stuff like that needs to be included in the full game.

The jumping just looks/plays awful though and I don't like how the camera is set up, it just seems too close. If the final result is like the demo, I think it will be a good rental.[/quote]
Agreed.

I haven't played the demo yet, but that was my take on the game. Even if it ended up being good, it would just be a rental as these types of action games are pretty short, repetitive and I seldom replay them.

Not a knock on the game, that's just how I am with action games, beat 'em ups etc.

I was really excited for this game, and was going to buy it on day one. So with that said, I was really disappointed with the demo. I'm glad they put out a demo because I would have wasted $6x.xx on a game that I would play through once. The thing I thought was really stupid was the jumping. I don't really know what the devs were aiming for here, but the jumping is just plain retarded. I think that's the best way to explain it. The force stuff was cool at first, but then it had an Assassin's Creed type of feeling, which was awesome at first, but got boring rather quickly. I am not going to be purchasing this game now, but instead will probably pick up Mercenaries 2, which comes out next week.

Loved it , day one purchase. That hangar part with the beams you can force push to destroy Tie fighters was a pretty cool thing to throw in that didn't matter in the slightest. Force holding a guy, bashing him on the floor and then the ceiling a few times was also pretty fun. My only real complaint is the lightsaber itself seem underpowered without using a combo move like force lightning with it.

I don't really like the game. The premise sounded really awesome but I think they got caught up in making the game feel to "gamey". Star Wars games never get lightsabers right. If I can cut a droid in half in the beginning of the demo then I should be able to cut a storm trooper in half or cut the leg of an AT-ST off. I mean it is a fucking lightsaber not a steel sword. I really would of liked if the force powers weren't restricted. I was running out of force power all the time which felt really lame. Unlimited force power would of been a lot more enjoyable. I know this would of made the game easy in its current state but that's why they are supposed to build a game around being a complete bad ass.

That AT-ST fight was really annoying and difficult. Eventually dieing and retrying became extremely monotonous so I quit. Oh an how the hell can an AT-ST cause a shockwave with its foot—stupid.

There was also a really lame animation fuck up too. I got knocked face first into the ground by the AT-ST. The AT-ST did its foot stomp and I got knocked off the platform, falling to my death, but I was still face down as if I was on the ground. Starkiller proceeded to stand up as if he was still on the ground not even realizing he is falling to his death.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Eh, i would rather have a new game than spend 50 on XBLG just to download demos/themes/Gamerpics/Add ons a week early. Besides, anything less than a year gold membership is a rip off.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have Satellite Internet so no playing online for me. Not to mention I can only Download large files between 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM or be baned from my Internet for 24 hours. Gold would be a waste of my cash.

im not a star wars fan at all nor have i ever played a star wars game (except rogue squadron on the N64) but found this game easy to pick up and have fun with

Man, this game seems pretty awesome. I probably won't buy it day one, since I usually can only afford to buy a certain few games a year at $60, but I'll rent it for sure.

I like it. It is a fun game but there are few problems that kinda ruin the game for me.

1. The graphics are okay and stuff but I saw a couple of screen tearing and places where there was not graphics o_O

2. When your trying to aim your force power and it hits the wrong person or doesn't hit them at all. I also remember when I had an object and tried to through it at a tie fighter and it went to hit another person I did not even aim at that guy WTF

3. The force controls have to get better(but it wont happen)

I have more problems but whatever

To me Too Human has way to much problems with the camera and the controller layout is dumb for me to be fun. I will probably get it when it hits $19.99

[quote name='DrunkMasterChief']To me Too Human has way to much problems with the camera and the controller layout is dumb for me to be fun. I will probably get it when it hits $19.99[/quote]

The real game is so much better, you can change the camera (5 or so camera modes, choose ISO, give you that Diablo like perspective) I also hated the R stick melee attack, but I practice and got use to it after a few hours, now I kick butt and it feels natural

Is it me, or does the cut scene hicup when Vader knights Starkiller?

He looks a bit different than his SC4 appearance.

Just played the demo, wasn't impressed, but then again, I was expecting to be. Very mixed reviews here. I, personally, think this game will be as 'hit or miss' as Assassin's Creed.

I must admit though, I enjoyed picking up storm troopers and hold them in front of incoming tie-fighters.

Haven't played the demo yet, but as a huge SW fan, I'm just looking forward to the story.

Also, I read that Clone Commando RC-1138's helmet is an easter egg in the demo. That's just f'ing cool.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']

Also, I read that Clone Commando RC-1138's helmet is an easter egg in the demo. That's just f'ing cool.[/QUOTE]
Where!?

I didn't care for the demo at all. Felt very bland and uninspired to me. I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, but even the setting couldn't get me interested after the first couple of minutes.

bread's done
Back